• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7074 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 74

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 78 Next
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 00:48 GMT
#1461
On September 26 2012 09:41 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 09:37 thrawn2112 wrote:
god i am alwful

no more walls of text


As discussed in our coaching conversations, you latch on to inconsistencies in people's play that aren't necessarily scum-tells. I'll talk more about it in the post-game analysis (i'll get around to it tomorrow), but your early-game cases didn't try to establish mafia-mentality enough.

When you started to look for mentality, you nailed debears cold. Unfortunately, it was too late, and townies weren't active enough to switch.

But overall you played really well. You were probably the best town player in the game, despite you not being town =P


Well last night I got really pissed and at one point I just decided to not read the thread anymore, thenn I woke up this morning and I read the mafia newbie guide and ver's guide (previouisly i had only skimmed the newbie guide) and smoked like half a pack of cigs and realized how fucking dumb I had been about every single one of my reads, mostly debears and rethos

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 00:53 GMT
#1462
oh and the reason why my accusations were so all over the place in D3:

basically I decided to accuse and tunnel the shit out of everyone that voted me until I found one that seemed the scummiest with their vote
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 00:57 GMT
#1463
and if you're wondering why I was so crazy about tunneling sharrant, it's because i was sk. when he started talking about how he had a secret plan i thought, ok he's either mafia or blue, so i decided to make sure and out him either way. that was probably my biggest sk-tell lol
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 26 2012 00:59 GMT
#1464
ah damn, by the end I didn't even consider SK as a possibility.

I know I was pretty bad this game. I should have been more active in preventing the day 2 lynch which, at the time, I thought was really bad. A lot of the time I wasn't too confident in my own abilities and ended up being too indecisive

The amount of commitment required to play surprised me a lot, there were times where I just wanted to do something else but felt that I had to post about something. Honestly in day 1 I didn't even know what to talk about, I couldn't get any good reads.

I should've obsed a game first at least haha, I'm hesitant to play again until I figure more stuff out

Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 26 2012 01:02 GMT
#1465
Hm, I feel like my individual reads in itself were pretty good - I had scum reads on debears, thrawn and jacob.
Thrawn was not scum, but I can call it a non-town read. (btw scumbag thrawn, y u no claim SK)

Kush I had a townread on under the assumption he had a brain, but it seems I was wrong. My bad really, I should've known better from our last game...

I guess I just got carried away with my associations.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 01:03 GMT
#1466
my kush townread was based on thinking he didn't have a brain

i was wrong lol
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 01:05 GMT
#1467
On September 26 2012 09:57 thrawn2112 wrote:
and if you're wondering why I was so crazy about tunneling sharrant, it's because i was sk. when he started talking about how he had a secret plan i thought, ok he's either mafia or blue, so i decided to make sure and out him either way. that was probably my biggest sk-tell lol


yes, it was a massive tell. I mentioned it to Hapa specifically when I was talking to him about SK.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 01:06 GMT
#1468
On September 26 2012 10:02 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I feel like my individual reads in itself were pretty good - I had scum reads on debears, thrawn and jacob.
Thrawn was not scum, but I can call it a non-town read. (btw scumbag thrawn, y u no claim SK)

Kush I had a townread on under the assumption he had a brain, but it seems I was wrong. My bad really, I should've known better from our last game...

I guess I just got carried away with my associations.


I thought about it... but I would have had to play so damn well after claiming. Basically I would have to somehow keep the town:mafia ratio at a point where you can't lynch me because you need my vote to outnumber the mafia vote... and I would have to survive at least 2 more nights (I think 2?)

didn't see it happening
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 01:07 GMT
#1469
On September 26 2012 10:02 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I feel like my individual reads in itself were pretty good - I had scum reads on debears, thrawn and jacob.
Thrawn was not scum, but I can call it a non-town read. (btw scumbag thrawn, y u no claim SK)

Kush I had a townread on under the assumption he had a brain, but it seems I was wrong. My bad really, I should've known better from our last game...

I guess I just got carried away with my associations.


Going association-crazy is one of the biggest weaknesses of newbie townies. Find one sure-fire scum and then work out any connections with him after he flips.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#1470
One of my plans was to claim sk and use that ^ but only in desperation. I didn't actually notice that slip but it makes sense now.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 26 2012 01:16 GMT
#1471
On September 26 2012 10:07 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:02 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I feel like my individual reads in itself were pretty good - I had scum reads on debears, thrawn and jacob.
Thrawn was not scum, but I can call it a non-town read. (btw scumbag thrawn, y u no claim SK)

Kush I had a townread on under the assumption he had a brain, but it seems I was wrong. My bad really, I should've known better from our last game...

I guess I just got carried away with my associations.


Going association-crazy is one of the biggest weaknesses of newbie townies. Find one sure-fire scum and then work out any connections with him after he flips.

See, the problem was, I was sure debears was scum, but I was also sure thrawn was scum (both with ~equal scumminess), but at the same time, that they couldn't be on the same scumteam.

So I just got confused.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:21:01
September 26 2012 01:20 GMT
#1472
At least I can take comfort in the obsQT being just as (or even more) wrong as we were.

Empty, empty, comfort

€: Shit, I can edit now!
A backwards poet writes inverse.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 26 2012 01:48 GMT
#1473
K im not allowed to insult you.
You guys are really... smart and you should all be.. proud of yourselves.

Town mvp was sharrant. His reads were actually scary good but he shouldn't have been fooled by our busing.

My biggest scumtell was how last game I got like every read wrong and this game I knew that every single town who turned was gonna be town. It's like I couldn't resist making myself look like some mafia genius.

Trying to get everyone to vote for stutters at the last second... everyone thought that made me town for some reason.
Actually I did that after making this huge scumslip by mistake:

also this bandwagon on remedy.. it kind of spooks me how there was no resistance to it at all.

I figured if I made a huge deal about it, it would cover that scumslip and it did.

I was terrified of stutters dying due to thrawn's theory (which turned out to be perfectly correct btw). I wanted to make it look like I wanted him dead but I did not want him to die.

Our strategy was to constantly bus each other and it worked very well. It should have seemed fake to you guys how Jacob and I became mortal enemies for basically no reason.

First newbie game mafia victory in a long time and perfect victory at that. I am very proud of my scumteam, especially debears who no one suspected all midgame, and it's his first game of mafia ever.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 26 2012 01:52 GMT
#1474
On September 26 2012 10:02 Dandel Ion wrote:
Kush I had a townread on under the assumption he had a brain, but it seems I was wrong. My bad really, I should've known better from our last game...


Translation: kush mindfucked me hard and now I gotta protect my fragile ego.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
September 26 2012 02:02 GMT
#1475
Kush! You were my major read almost all game!

Near the end I finally accepted the thought that you could be town...
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 26 2012 02:03 GMT
#1476
@thrawn: i think rolling mafia once will improve your scumreads greatly
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 02:12 GMT
#1477
i just suck at making reads unless i'm about to be lynched lol
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 26 2012 02:33 GMT
#1478
On September 26 2012 11:12 thrawn2112 wrote:
i just suck at making reads unless i'm about to be lynched lol


yeah people should put more thought into the reads of people getting lynched. They have so much more information to go on because they know their aligment. You basicly worked it out with debears which is all you needed to do. If you survived this day it would have made it really hard to win as mafia. I was avoiding debears a little too much so I would have been lynched and surely kush by the next day(that is a lot of time to play with so little people) would have made some error and been lynched.

I was was refreshing the page ready to vote switch if killing jumped on board with Atreis(horribly sorry about this I can never recall your name)

Also I like your vig roleclaim, I was breadcrumbing as town Rb but it became obvious we didn't have one so that wouldn't have worked.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 02:37 GMT
#1479
lol did you see when i told you to start bussing debears? it was really the first time I had straight up accused you of being scum. I was trying to breadcrumb somewhat earlier but it took forever to find the fucking post cuz my filter was 18 fucking pages by the end
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 26 2012 02:39 GMT
#1480
On September 26 2012 11:33 JacobStrangelove wrote:Atreis(horribly sorry about this I can never recall your name)


so you haven't read dune? atreides was that where you got your name?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 429
Larva 185
Horang2 69
Hyun 54
Killer 47
Bale 41
NotJumperer 39
scan(afreeca) 34
Sharp 31
Hm[arnc] 18
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto114
League of Legends
JimRising 461
Counter-Strike
olofmeister927
edward59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g7925
Coldzera 689
ceh9622
Happy365
crisheroes165
Sick163
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick570
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1039
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 1m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.