• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:38
CEST 00:38
KST 07:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8683 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 91

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 147 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
September 12 2012 00:53 GMT
#1801
I'm off to bed and don't post at work, so I'll try to get a decent post 2 hours before the deadline. Hopefully it will get day 4 out on the right foot discussion wise. Too many lurkers and sheep in this game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
September 12 2012 00:55 GMT
#1802
EBWOP: Don't post anything lengthy (cases) at work*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 12 2012 01:04 GMT
#1803
Mentioned toad and bm already, also adding boson and my lurker neighborhood: gravan, shady, rewok
Probably should just do a reread on everyone as well if I can snag the time to do it
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 12 2012 01:15 GMT
#1804
Got to go now. If there are more questions I will be able to drop by later
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 12 2012 01:28 GMT
#1805
Sigh.
Sloosh your not being yourself
Why......
:'(
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 12 2012 01:31 GMT
#1806
It's hard to be myself when I can conceivably build a case against the majority of the player base.

What do you think about strongandbig?
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 12 2012 01:32 GMT
#1807
Either him or Toad is scum.
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 12 2012 01:37 GMT
#1808
How do you figure?
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
September 12 2012 02:06 GMT
#1809
@ShiaoPi:
Why do you find Z-BosoN scummy?

@Z-BosoN:
I'll accept most of your responses. There are some that I would disagree with, but not many that I still feel I can consider scummy. A combination of quickly approaching deadlines, a previously scummy view of you after reading extremely quickly through the thread, a desire to save Forumite (though late, I admit), and confirmation biases contributed negatively to that last post. I've gone through it and narrowed it down to anything I still consider somewhat scummy.

There's one thing that still bothers me. What made your belief in a scum vigi so much stronger than your belief in a watcher?
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 12 2012 02:26 GMT
#1810
@mkfuba
I was basing myself on imallinson's post:


On September 09 2012 06:42 imallinson wrote:
I've been out all day and caught up with the thread on the bus home. The day is almost over so sorry if this is a bit hasty. I'm not buying BKE's watcher claim.

First a few assumptions I'm making:
1) Mafia has one vig thus had effectively three kp night one not including GK's bomb.
2) Mafia used all their kp. Someone suggested they saved some to out blues but that seems like it would only work if pressure was being put on that blue so I think it's unlikely.
3) Mafia did not shoot Ottox.

If BKE is watcher then GK must have bombed BM and shot BC without a double stack. Therefore we are missing two kp. The only way for this to happen is a combination of a medic/jailer getting a lucky save, a scum shot hit an assassin or the jailer rb'd a scum.

To me this seems very unlikely because BC seems like the better bomb target and barring a medic saving BKE he should be dead. Also missing two kp feels really fishy to me. One getting blocked I could understand but two seems a little far fetched given the information available at the time (that no one apart from the two dead people seemed that town).


Since I don't know this setup, I just went with his assumption.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 12 2012 02:59 GMT
#1811
we're actually still in really good shape
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 12 2012 03:00 GMT
#1812
i really didnt want to lynch forumite. PERIOD.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 12 2012 03:15 GMT
#1813
BM, what is IIoA?
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
September 12 2012 03:35 GMT
#1814
On September 12 2012 12:00 Bill Murray wrote:
i really didnt want to lynch forumite. PERIOD.

Then why did you vote for him?
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 12 2012 03:49 GMT
#1815
OMG Bill murray appearing YET AGAIN after disappearing during deadline. And says the same thing as last time.

On September 09 2012 15:08 Bill Murray wrote:
i cant believe you all lynched BKX
You all need to listen to me, even if I've been drinking lightly.


On September 10 2012 07:43 Bill Murray wrote:
##Vote Forumite


On September 12 2012 12:00 Bill Murray wrote:
i really didnt want to lynch forumite. PERIOD.


Someone Vig Him.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
September 12 2012 04:32 GMT
#1816
On September 12 2012 09:23 Mementoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 07:50 Maverick32x wrote:
Okay.

Just read through the latest lynch... I was planning on dropping my notes but it just would look cluttered so I'm going to settle with the people that I'm REALLY sure are mafia and give my explanation for it. I am ranking them in the order of my confidence in my read.

My top 3 are tied for number 1 reads.

ShiaoPi - Scummy. Really scummy. DISAPPEARS when the vote comes. <- this is copied straight out of my notes that I was taking.... Honestly.. just read through his filter/posts!! There is no way this guy is town. 0. No chance. I think he voted Z-Boson because he knew it would be a throw-away vote.

Shady Sands- just scummy. Hard defends Shiao. Argues with Hapa (town). DISAPPEARS when the vote comes. <- So similar to the play style of ShiaoPi and there seems to be some really slight buddying occurring. He continues to live in "Matthchew" land and never seems to snap into the current thread which kind of shows me a lack of understanding. His most recent attack on Gravan to be honest is just an attempt to push an early vote while scum is being successful.

Rewok- side steps responsibility constantly. He has ONE PAGE OF FILTER. (@!#*(@!* So either awful town, or scum.


DoYouHas Mementoss- Totally uninvolved. Voted me besides it having zero impact on the game.
Scummy. His ONE saving grace is that he repped DoYouHas... the only problem with that is DoYouHas was kind of scummy.... and Mementoss is doing just about nothing to save that... Also Shady's 'coin flip' indicates that one of his options is scum... and its Mementoss.


Toadesstern- Random poker talk? Discusses roles bit. Rustles up the forumite case based off a different game. Makes an interesting accusation that either Grush OR sandy is scum… makes me think Grush is likely town and Shadey is scum based on my reads above. Defends Shady shortly after that "Or" post and soft attacks him same post indicating some sort of ambivalence about being too closely connected. DISAPPEARS when its voting time, even though he kind of was a major advocate of the Forumite lynch at the start.....


slosh- posts late. Softly attacks forumite. References past games a lot. Afks most of the game when discussions are getting active. Gets active on Forumite then gone. He references that scum's plan is likely to lay low.. which is exactly what he is doing.

So there you have it. It will take a miracle from God to get me to vote anyone but those top 3. The bottom 3 have some leverage to work with, but not much.


Shit son 8 mafia in a 26 person game. Also everything about your TOP 3 scum reads can be said about you, you have a 2 page filter and lurk just as much as shiopi, shady sands or rewok. So why doesn't the case on them apply to you?


Read ShiaoPi's filter.... All of his posts are like he is just side-commenting on the 'meta' of the game, as opposed to actually digging into it. So few of them have any substance.

Shady is similar in that he isn't digging into the game. There is just nothing there? I don't know how I can be clearer...

This whole "you're stupid town" seems more like an effort to discredit me than anything else...

As for the copious amount of scum in my last post- yes, but those are who I have strong reads on currently.

Voting for ShiaoPi once day hits.
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 12 2012 07:44 GMT
#1817
I'm not trying to discredit you Mav......
I was asked about my read on you, it is stupid townie, it's not as if I haven't tried to reason with you. Seeing you ignore my answers to your (kind of silly/stupid/invalid) arguments about lurking while you are doing the same thing is just tiring for me. On the other hand I makes you more town in my eyes since I doubt that scum would be that stupid to keep tunneling me when they see that it does not stick. I can only encourage you to read my posts more clearly....

On to boson:

Cannot really add more to the cases on him, without just paraphrasing what others have said already.

As I might not be back before deadline let's just throw out some suspects of mine in no particular order:

If toad survives tonight he better be able to offer a good explanation why he did. Seeing him as most likely to get shot.
Boson: see above
Bm is just being silly, seeing that the only game I played with him he got vig'ed d1 (flipped red though), I can understand the calls for policylynching him etc. what is much more annoying is his attitude after the lynches of bke and forumite, "I told you so is ridiculous if you voted him anyway. So yeah leaning scum on him
Gravan and shady could very well be scum, not much to base a read on.
Sadly the rest is either nullish or town-leaning so not fit to share
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 12 2012 12:02 GMT
#1818
On September 12 2012 09:44 slOosh wrote:
ARGGHHH!!!!

This game is so annoying.

ShaioPi I want you to answer this one before deadline: Mav - do you think he is scum?

imallinson: any reason why you decided to snip out the timestamps in this post?
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 00:09 imallinson wrote:
Z-Boson
The main thing that seems really off is this:
Can we, with bloodyc0bbler's 100% certainty, assume that there necessarily is one, and just one watcher?? If not 100%, how likely is it?
I, along with everyone else it seems, don't see why this is relevant. He is trying to say lynching a blue is ok if we have another spare. I read that as him knowing BKE was blue and trying to justify lynching him. That screams scum to me.

Then we get onto this:
Basically he's screaming out loud he knows austin is blue. Given how he was addressing austin, and the crumbs, it sounds reasonable, and is confirmed with this quote:
Seems really inactive, however, so I'm not calling off a potential vig shot there... *looks at austin*
Which is made AFTER night 1. However, his "crumbs", were made BEFORE night one, as were his other posts. If he actually suspected austin being blue, as mafia, it would be extremely advantageous to outright kill austin. He would be catching a blue in day one. I don't believe mafia would have the balls to note this and still not kill austin.

My only concern is the possibility of him just leaving crumbs everywhere with his random comments. If you note, there's a lot of stuff you basically can't understand.

I'm inclined to believe BM, however, because from his filter he clearly treated austin differently, something in which he did not do with anybody else. My questions are only to avoid this "random crumbing" theory I have, because otherwise that should be like a 95% clear.
followed an hour later by:
First of all, BM didn't answer my questions, because since you guys are so blind, he threw suspicion towards austin AFTER he "blue claimed him"!! This is surely not the attitude of someone who was "absolutely sure he saw a blue". Observe, this post came after his so called "crumbs"
...
Bill Murray is SCUM and needs to die!
This sudden flip from thinking BM is confirmed town to scum in the space of an hour makes no sense to me. In fact thinking BM was confirmed town in the first place makes no sense in itself.

Forumite still seems off to me but ZB's posting screams scum, much more so than Forumite's. How he handled the BKE thing was just plain weird and anti-town and the flip on BM makes no sense from a town perspective either.

##Unvote
##Vote: Z-Boson


Because you straight up lie in quoting Z-boson's two quotes which have a whole day between this post and this post?


I sniped out the time stamps because I copied just the bits of text from the post not the whole thing. As for those being a day apart I'm an idiot, I read 9:24 and 10:14 and didn't bother looking at the day. That flip makes a lot more sense given that time frame and I'm glad ZB didn't get lynched because of me messing up.
Liquipedia
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 12 2012 12:12 GMT
#1819
On September 12 2012 07:50 Maverick32x wrote:
Okay.

Just read through the latest lynch... I was planning on dropping my notes but it just would look cluttered so I'm going to settle with the people that I'm REALLY sure are mafia and give my explanation for it. I am ranking them in the order of my confidence in my read.

My top 3 are tied for number 1 reads.

ShiaoPi - Scummy. Really scummy. DISAPPEARS when the vote comes. <- this is copied straight out of my notes that I was taking.... Honestly.. just read through his filter/posts!! There is no way this guy is town. 0. No chance. I think he voted Z-Boson because he knew it would be a throw-away vote.

Shady Sands- just scummy. Hard defends Shiao. Argues with Hapa (town). DISAPPEARS when the vote comes. <- So similar to the play style of ShiaoPi and there seems to be some really slight buddying occurring. He continues to live in "Matthchew" land and never seems to snap into the current thread which kind of shows me a lack of understanding. His most recent attack on Gravan to be honest is just an attempt to push an early vote while scum is being successful.

Rewok- side steps responsibility constantly. He has ONE PAGE OF FILTER. (@!#*(@!* So either awful town, or scum.


DoYouHas Mementoss- Totally uninvolved. Voted me besides it having zero impact on the game.
Scummy. His ONE saving grace is that he repped DoYouHas... the only problem with that is DoYouHas was kind of scummy.... and Mementoss is doing just about nothing to save that... Also Shady's 'coin flip' indicates that one of his options is scum... and its Mementoss.


Toadesstern- Random poker talk? Discusses roles bit. Rustles up the forumite case based off a different game. Makes an interesting accusation that either Grush OR sandy is scum… makes me think Grush is likely town and Shadey is scum based on my reads above. Defends Shady shortly after that "Or" post and soft attacks him same post indicating some sort of ambivalence about being too closely connected. DISAPPEARS when its voting time, even though he kind of was a major advocate of the Forumite lynch at the start.....


slosh- posts late. Softly attacks forumite. References past games a lot. Afks most of the game when discussions are getting active. Gets active on Forumite then gone. He references that scum's plan is likely to lay low.. which is exactly what he is doing.

So there you have it. It will take a miracle from God to get me to vote anyone but those top 3. The bottom 3 have some leverage to work with, but not much.


Does anyone else find this post really off. His 'top 3 scum reads' is just a list of lurkers there isn't anything substantive to go on. By now there should be more to build a case on than 'disappearing around the vote'.
Liquipedia
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 12 2012 13:19 GMT
#1820
fuck you darthpunk
im clear town, as i would have killed austinmc n1 if i was mafia
PERIOD
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 503
ZZZero.O 174
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever352
League of Legends
Doublelift3696
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5415
Liquid`Hasu486
Other Games
summit1g14018
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe237
Livibee190
ViBE81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur561
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 22m
Patches Events
16h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 22m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.