• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7819 users

Bastard Mafia 2 - Page 98

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 104 Next
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 26 2012 14:02 GMT
#1941
I don't understand why xsksc is so certain that using the RB power necessitates withholding kp.

hyaach is correct about the math as it agrees with what I posted earlier in spoiler tags. Withholding KP like they did wouldn't change their win situation, the still hope to win the flip and beg third parties for help. Also still outside possibilities that something else happened last night that we're unaware of that took the place of the kp that would affect the math (recruitment of traitor or something) but I don't want to be too paranoid.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 26 2012 14:11 GMT
#1942
On June 26 2012 23:02 talismania wrote:
I don't understand why xsksc is so certain that using the RB power necessitates withholding kp.

If there's a shot and he's claimed RB on me, is it not pretty obvious that he's the scum? That's why I think he would withhold it.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 26 2012 14:25 GMT
#1943
oh duh
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 26 2012 14:26 GMT
#1944
On June 26 2012 23:25 talismania wrote:
oh duh

sorry, am i missing something obvious? I'm not really sure what you mean
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 26 2012 14:49 GMT
#1945
Ok, I've got limerick topics selected. Doesn't look like I'll get to use them, though
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 26 2012 14:53 GMT
#1946
On June 26 2012 23:49 HiroPro wrote:
Ok, I've got limerick topics selected. Doesn't look like I'll get to use them, though


This game has a noob called HiroPro
Who wants to end dead as a dodo
He threatens with rhymes
But when the bell chimes
We all know that this is a no no!

Now back to

I was enjoying the xsksc and Hyaach little spat. I just wish I had time to give it a good read through. At least it has both of them posting, which I think is great.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 26 2012 15:02 GMT
#1947
Not bad, not bad. I didn't enjoy the spat as much as you, though; too much boring talk about roleblocks and lurking.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 26 2012 15:02 GMT
#1948
On June 26 2012 23:26 xsksc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 23:25 talismania wrote:
oh duh

sorry, am i missing something obvious? I'm not really sure what you mean


I mean, "oh duh, why didn't I think of that" in reference to why there won't be a NK.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 26 2012 18:00 GMT
#1949
Okay. Wacky idea. What if deconduo is Maju's partner. We all completely let him off the hook for the whole lie detector thing, but what if Maju checked Tali on N0 and it came back "weird" rather than "vigilante". If that is the case, then the whole lie detector part suddenly makes sense from a scum point of view.

Think of it:
Maju checks Tali and he gets back "weird"
Tali claims daytime vigi
Deconduo doesn't believe the claim at ALL, because he thinks this would've given back vigi on the check, so concludes that Tali is lying. He tells Tali to say this:
I am a dayvig
I am town
Deconduo is town

He plans for this to come back false, because he *knows* Tali is not a dayvig (and he's also not afraid of Tali's shot). However, he needs the "Deconduo is town" blurb in there to make himself "confirmed town". Because Tali is not a dayvig and deconduo won't get shot, this could also get the pressure off his scumbuddy Maju, who was in danger of lynching, if not shooting. When Tali flips town, but not dayvig, he is cleared as confirmed scum and goes into hiding.

What actually happened was possibly even better (although his scumbuddy died): Tali reacted in a really townie manner and Drazerk jumped into the fray. Deconduo being quick on his feet joggled the sentence round a bit:
Deconduo is town
Drazerk is town
Talismania is not town

Tali IS town, so this sentence is false, but because nobody believes deconduo would pull such a stunt as scum, he's off the hook.

This lie detector deal made me completely dismiss all my suspicions of deconduo, but I just can't help thinking that OTHER than that lie detector thing he has been horrid.

Hyaach played townie, and then went into lurker mode, but his spat with xsksc seems more like a town vs. town spat. xsksc played scummy, and then when the pressure was on reacted in a townie manner to it. When I can't find a clear scum motive for actions, I have to default to town. And one thing I absolutely cannot fathom is why either Hyaach or xsksc would withhold the NK: the pressure was very clearly on them and withholding the NK would only confirm to us that scum was hiding in Ghost/xsksc/Hyaach. That gives them a very finite window of opportunity and all NKs help.

However, if deconduo is scum, then withholding the NK makes sense: it allows him to get all those 3 killed, and by the time they're dead, he can win the game.

I invite everybody to look at deconduo's filter. It is scummy as hell. It goes from scummy (including a Majuju softdefense) into lie detector into hardcore lurker.

And yes, I know I am introducing someone into the equation AGAIN. I just don't feel the xsksc or Hyaach lynches anymore.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-26 18:01:55
June 26 2012 18:00 GMT
#1950
A Badass Death
[image loading]


talismania sat on his chair, fingers touching eachother. He knew that someone was coming. He knew this was his end.
"Hello professor." A voice said from behind.
"I know you've come to kill me." the professor said, without stuttering. "Shoot. You are only going to kill a man."
"A nice quote, and very fitting if you ask me. But that won't make any difference. You'll die now."
And the man pointed the gun towards talismania who just closed his eyes. He knew it was inevitable. The shot could be heard from everywhere, but by the time his body was found, the killer was long gone. Or was he?

The board switched to 24:00:00. The final days were coming.




talismania, the Professor Badass, the Daytime Vigilante has been shot!
RolePM:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
You are the Professor Badass, the Daytime Vigilante
You're a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything. You can, once per game and only during the day, kill someone by PMing the hosts. When one of the hosts is available, the guy is as good as dead, and you get some badass flavor text(but you won't be revealed). If you try to kill the King, you will die instead with a pretty sissy flavor(the King won't be revealed). There is a Monarchist Activist. Other players know he exists, and some of them want him dead.

You win when all the anti-town elements are destroyed.


Days will now last 24 hours.

Deadline is [unparsable timestamp format]

7 players live.

Lynch is plurality lynch.

If you play Dota2, pick a support. Seriously I'm tired of people going all carry mode and I'm the only one left to support them.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 26 2012 18:02 GMT
#1951
Damn Tali, I hoped you would post your reads before dying. You're the only one I still trusted :S
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 26 2012 18:06 GMT
#1952
On June 26 2012 23:25 talismania wrote:
oh duh

Haha, this was such a fake-out. I knew there was no reason for scum to withhold KP. You knew there was no reason for scum to withhold KP. I was just hoping scum didn't know there was no reason to withhold KP

There is no reason to let either xsksc or Hyaach off the hook for this kill. It makes it marginally less likely that xsksc is scum because we've ruled out that he's a mafia goon: if he's scum, he has some ability that can be roleblocked, in addition to his KP.

However, I just don't feel a lynch on either of these guys anymore. Drazerk, what is your opinion of this?
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 26 2012 18:06 GMT
#1953
gl!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 26 2012 18:07 GMT
#1954
What is this?
If you play Dota2, pick a support. Seriously I'm tired of people going all carry mode and I'm the only one left to support them.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 26 2012 18:08 GMT
#1955
yawn. Why bother shooting now if you weren't going to do it earlier, lol. w/e we'll find out postgame lol
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 26 2012 18:08 GMT
#1956
What would Talismania's role show up as to Maju's rolecop?
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 26 2012 18:08 GMT
#1957
Well given the choice I'd lynch you or S+B but I doubt I'd get my way
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 26 2012 18:09 GMT
#1958
Also Acro I play only pushers in Dota
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
June 26 2012 18:10 GMT
#1959
Acro if xkcd and Hyaach are both town then why would xkcd's check on Hyaach be red?

Acrofales for traitor anyone?

##vote: hyaach
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
June 26 2012 18:11 GMT
#1960
Drazerk I'd be down for an acrofales lynch.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 104 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4723
Leta 1719
Shuttle 697
Shine 42
ZergMaN 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King40
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft615
Sick147
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick474
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2165
League of Legends
• Lourlo1041
• Rush771
Other Games
• Shiphtur369
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 2m
Patches Events
9h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 2m
OSC
17h 2m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.