• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7083 users

Liar Game Mini Mafia - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 90 Next
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
May 01 2012 10:59 GMT
#421
I agree with Foolishness again. We figure out who we want to lynch, and make sure everyone else survives. Anything else just ensures that a townie will be lynched.

I won't have much time today, so here's hoping we extended round B by 24 hours....
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 01 2012 11:11 GMT
#422
On May 01 2012 13:41 VisceraEyes wrote:
Wait, I want to be walked through why "we're" doing a circle-jerk here. I need to know why people think that it's a good idea, and I need to know what they hope to accomplish with it. I've been reading the thread, so please don't ask me to go read it again. I can assure you, I'm reading it as you read this.

I'm preparing a post on who of the available lynches I do not wish to continue playing with and why. I hope everyone, regardless of how they intend to spend their votes, will do the same. Time is short, and I want to be informed.


I'm so tempted right now, I actually want to kill VE with sandro.

If you take a quick glance through VE's posts, you'll see a whole lot of mostly nothing at all. VE constantly talks of scumhunting and really does none of his own. He calls syllo scum for being "overly aggressive" (which is not a scumtell for syllo) and he calls me scum for not telling him who I thought was scum at a juncture where talking about reads very openly would have been rather dumb. He also calls chaoser scum; not sure why, but it could be because of any of a number of factors (for example, because other people said so)

Also, he says he'll explain why he's called the three of us scum if any of us show up in the majority. Note that the explanation for chaoser was never given.

Finally, there's this:

On May 01 2012 13:41 VisceraEyes wrote:
Wait, I want to be walked through why "we're" doing a circle-jerk here. I need to know why people think that it's a good idea, and I need to know what they hope to accomplish with it. I've been reading the thread, so please don't ask me to go read it again. I can assure you, I'm reading it as you read this.

I'm preparing a post on who of the available lynches I do not wish to continue playing with and why. I hope everyone, regardless of how they intend to spend their votes, will do the same. Time is short, and I want to be informed.


I'm pretty sure VE was never preparing a post on who he was okay with lynching and why, because it never came. Indeed he somehow became "okay" with a sandro lynch despite never once mentioning his name or addressing him before, and suddenly chaoser dropped off his list of suspects. In addition he provided no reasoning for anything he had posted, unlike what he had promised to do earlier.

If anyone disagrees with this let me know and why.

+ Show Spoiler +
hopefully I'm not setting myself up for a thread bomb/tantrum here

Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 01 2012 12:10 GMT
#423
I want to kill VE
Computer says mafia
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
May 01 2012 12:38 GMT
#424
+ Show Spoiler [My Round B Vote List] +
--------------------People I would prefer my votes going to:
VisceraEyes
Meapak_Ziphh
Liquid`Sheth
--------------------People I am ok voting for:
Radfield
--------------------People I can vote for if really necessary:
Mr. Wiggles
EchelonTee
--------------------People I will not be voting for today:
prplhz
chaoser
sandroba

+ Show Spoiler [If I was able to vote for the minority] +

--------------------People I would prefer my votes going to:
Bloodyc0bbler
wherebugsgo
--------------------People I am ok voting for:
Foolishness
gonzaw
--------------------People I can vote for if really necessary:
Palmar
Ace
--------------------People I would not be voting for today:
Katina
syllogism




On May 01 2012 16:31 syllogism wrote:
Don't give Cephiro anything until he posts his suspicions in public and explains why that information couldn't be made public before. It's quite difficult to believe town cephiro genuinely believes that sharing his scum reads in public is detrimental and his excuses are just making him look worse.


You're way too expectable. There's not much of you I haven't been able to know you'd do in advance.
If you had spent any time reading, I have explained "why that information couldn't be made public". It's not about not being able to make them public, it's about not wasting everyone's time on pointing fingers without anything to back it up.

You'll have my current opinions soon enough, although my vote lists should be able to tell you something already.




About voting: I am fine with spreading my votes, or concentrating them on one person mostly, depending on how the persons I find trustworthy would like to act.

I'd like to point out the possibility of voting in "circle", in smaller groups or pairs. For example, let's say everyone agreed that Radfield & Meapak should in no circumstances be lynched today, they could be allowed to simply vote each other to reach the 5 votes. I'd personally suggest groups of 3 & pairs.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 01 2012 12:42 GMT
#425
No, all you have provided so far is a completely nonsensical explanation and if everyone followed your logic, the game would be impossible to analyze. No one cares if you don't have sufficient evidence yet, just knowing your suspicions and having some sort of basic justification for them is sufficient. Talking to you appears to be a waste of time, however.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
May 01 2012 12:45 GMT
#426
On May 01 2012 21:42 syllogism wrote:
No, all you have provided so far is a completely nonsensical explanation and if everyone followed your logic, the game would be impossible to analyze. No one cares if you don't have sufficient evidence yet, just knowing your suspicions and having some sort of basic justification for them is sufficient. Talking to you appears to be a waste of time, however.


Well you seem to be in a hurry. Running out of time for something? If talking to me is a waste of time, then you might as well not. So you think that no-one cares if I go pointing fingers at every smallest suspicion I have? I think I would have covered like 80%+ of the players in that case. Very useful no?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 01 2012 12:51 GMT
#427
Oh I see you basically posted your suspicions inside that spoiler, that's much better, though I'm almost afraid to ask justifications for some of them
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 01 2012 15:12 GMT
#428
On May 01 2012 14:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
I mean, it looks good with 1 person in the minority - it fails to expand on how to proceed with a minority of like 8 people. All you say on the matter is "See, I told you" which doesn't explain anything chaoser. As far as I'm concerned, with 8 people in the minority, the cycle isn't viable. Am I wrong?


I thought about it and we can try to do a double cycle. I'm not 100% sure if it'll work out since I haven't done all the math for it but basically all the people in the minority follow a cycle as well. So Ace give to Prp and palmar gives to cephiro and so on. But instead of only 4 points they give all 5. This would require a lot of freedom being given up though and knowing the other players, I doubt they'll agree...
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 01 2012 15:14 GMT
#429
Chaoser do you still think palmar and me are scum together?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 01 2012 15:46 GMT
#430
I'm not inactive, I just had shit to do yesterday, so I voted yes and went out. If I didn't answer your PM it's because I wasn't here to read it, so deal with it. It's holyday here and brazil ytd and today.
As I told some people already I believe foolishness is wrong about chaoser, based purely on meta. Chaoser's way of posting stuff is very different when he is mafia, he is way more careful and neutral. This game, while saying mostly things I don't agree with, he is pretty out there and doesn't show fear.
VE on the other had is playing pretty much on par with his scum meta. Posts are short, promisses scum hunting then busts out arbitrary reads based on nothing.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
May 01 2012 16:19 GMT
#431
Katina you seemed worried about King Palmar plan distracting from actual mafia hunting, but you personally have voiced no suspicions at all. Further, do you really think the rather heated discussion that followed produced no useful information at all, especially in terms of connections, or more accurately disconnections? While you unfortunately aren't up for lynch today, I'm very interested in hearing from you too
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 01 2012 16:34 GMT
#432
Let's all kill VE and wonder where it all went wrong! It'll be fun!

Your fucking ALL scum. The hosts trolled me and you're all scum. This game is imba.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 01 2012 16:38 GMT
#433
Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be some sort of reentry into the game for some, so assuming Sand is scum and you guys kill us both, if it's a town-related power, you should bring me back.

I have reads, but I'm holding them hostage until after I flip. Bring me back, and we'll kill all the scums.

They're gooooooooood too.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
May 01 2012 16:45 GMT
#434
On May 02 2012 01:38 VisceraEyes wrote:
Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be some sort of reentry into the game for some, so assuming Sand is scum and you guys kill us both, if it's a town-related power, you should bring me back.

I have reads, but I'm holding them hostage until after I flip. Bring me back, and we'll kill all the scums.

They're gooooooooood too.


I can't tell if you just aren't caring if you die or if you're just confident you'll get enough votes to live. This isn't the VE that is quiet conserved and waiting to hear others out before judging. As nice as it was for you to say I'd get a vote I'm quite worried about you personally.

I'm happy with having the situation be give 4 votes to someone and 1 to someone else. I think its a cool idea especially because we'll see the people who just won't follow it at all. And we'll see those who are just following lemming like. Anyway as of now I'm going to give my 4 to Cephiro and 1 to Meapak because I don't know if others will vote for him and I have liked him so far. Cephiro gets my 4 based on my meta reads of him. I'm not completely sure hes town, but he seems it to me from posts here and in PM land. I geuss its obvious no1 is completely sure of anything yet ^^
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 01 2012 16:49 GMT
#435
It doesn't matter Sheth - I'm going to be voted off today because I was scumhunting and scum are in power. It's standard operating procedure.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 01 2012 16:56 GMT
#436
Also for those watching at home, my votes are now also a mystery. Since I'm apparently scum I'm going to act like scum and not share who I'm voting for with town. WAAH WAAH WAAAAAAAAAH!

I am disappoint town. I thought we were going places together. I thought we were going to kill all the scums...together.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
May 01 2012 17:01 GMT
#437
More stuff later, but on a quick glance I just have to say a few things:

VE - Stop acting like you are dead already. If you think the scum can get rid of you that easily, then I'd almost say we're better off without you. All it requires is for one or two townies to show the middle finger to scum and mass vote you. Tada, you didn't die. 90 votes = 10 votes and you are safe with 100% certainty. I am fairly sure that in reality 7-8 should be enough as well.

To everyone using "meta": What on earth is wrong with you people? Are you seriously saying that the TL players are so poor that you can just metagame them? How about playing based on what people do this game instead of comparing it to other games. I am starting to get fed up seeing the words "based on meta" come up in every few posts.

I hope someone hosts a game where I can be a "meta vig", and kill anyone doing decisions based on meta. Do you all think you can outsmart players just with meta? I thought the experienced players here knew better than that.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 01 2012 17:01 GMT
#438
why do you think there are ways of re-entering the game?

also, thanks for making my job of killing you easier by being obvscum
Computer says mafia
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
May 01 2012 17:05 GMT
#439
On May 02 2012 02:01 Palmar wrote:
why do you think there are ways of re-entering the game?

also, thanks for making my job of killing you easier by being obvscum


By the way, "King". I recommend that you're a bit more careful with your current allies, it seems you are leaking information somewhat easily..
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 01 2012 17:06 GMT
#440
I think VE's a good lynch, but I'm not sure about Sandroba. If I had to pick a second person to lynch, it would be him, but I'd like to see some more out of him now that he's in the thread. A lot of the case against him so far seems to be "he doesn't care", but that doesn't really say much about his alignment in my opinion, just that he doesn't care. It' uncharacteristic of him, sure, but I've gotten that same line thrown at me in games as town where I was more inactive like Death Factory 2 and JubJub mafia. So, I'd like to see something more substantial from him now that he looks, or at least claims, that he'll be active again.

If we had to choose one person to kill, I think VE would be it. All it seems like he's doing is running through the thread aggravating people and opposing any sort of organization and causing dissent on principle. He hasn't even said who he thinks scum is now that he's chimed in on Round B. His case on WBG was laughable, and besides that, I don't see any reads from him. Even when he talks about the Sandroba lynch, he doesn't say that he thinks Sandroba is scum, just that he's fine with his lynch.

Also, just looking at what was posted recently, it looks like VE has given up. The lynch seemed like it would be between him and Sandroba, but instead of fighting it, he's just kicking dirt around. This is pretty uncharacteristic, and doesn't sit well with me.

@VE: So if you have super good reads and have been scumhunting, and that's why scum want to kill you, what are they? Also, I see no scumhunting in the thread, so it must have happened in PM land. Obviously if you're telling the truth then, scum have them, but town doesn't. Withholding them does nothing for town, and is in fact an anti-town behaviour. Also, I thought you said you weren't playing the game in PMs, so why are you scumhunting there supposedly, and not in the thread?

Or, you're just scum and I'm wasting my time. =/
you gotta dance
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17671
Rain 1498
GuemChi 644
sSak 34
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Coldzera 353
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1009
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g7314
JimRising 645
WinterStarcraft542
C9.Mang0175
ViBE128
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1049
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Scarra897
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 20m
INu's Battles
7h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 20m
OSC
18h 35m
Replay Cast
19h 20m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.