• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:39
CEST 11:39
KST 18:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9441 users

Mr. Wiggles Mini Mafia II - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 49 Next All
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 07 2012 21:06 GMT
#601
decon, besides Paper, who else do you think could be SK?
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 07 2012 21:40 GMT
#602
On March 08 2012 04:05 Paperscraps wrote:
Last night was the only time I shot. I find it surprising that people would think I am mafia/SK just blatantly announcing my kills all of a sudden, when mafia/SK tend to try and hide and blend. I guess that is WIFOM, but what benefits do I have in claiming I shot some one as mafia/SK? Don't give me some crap about how I could have been tracked or something. My claim wasn't a reaction to anyone calling me out. I claimed this way so that if I was tracked or something, the PR can stay hidden and not have to out their report.


##Vote Paperscraps
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 07 2012 21:42 GMT
#603
On March 08 2012 06:06 Snarfs wrote:
decon, besides Paper, who else do you think could be SK?


If Paper isn't SK, he's scum or there isn't an SK. I don't think scum would play like paper is playing so I haven't really considered that situation tbh, Considering that if there is an SK, he shot sandro and knew his hit claim was legit, I'd say Adam or Pandain.. Their reaction to the Sanrdro lynch sways me that way.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 07 2012 21:44 GMT
#604
On March 08 2012 03:09 Paperscraps wrote:
Note Decon's hesitance to vote Adam, after he calls him scum.


I'm not hesitant to vote Adam, I'd just prefer to lynch you instead. Adam is my 2nd choice of lynch today, but dropping anti-town KP is more important right now.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 07 2012 23:04 GMT
#605
On March 07 2012 19:33 deconduo wrote: Given the missing KP, I'm inclined to think Paper is SK, and was worried about being tracked. Jackal was a blue read for me, which would explain why Paper would go after him. When none of the bodies flipped Tracker, he claimed the shot figuring if he didn't he'd lynched on the spot if he had been tracked. Its a bit of a stretch, but I can't see anything else that makes more sense. It also explains why he would wait for the day post.

This seems to be the crux of the issue. If Paper was worried about being tracked he would have to claim the shot. Now unfortunately that makes sense whether he is a Vig, Mafia or SK. If he is worried that someone has seen him shoot then he needs to claim even if he is blue. Otherwise they claim and his counterclaim looks terrible, so the claim itself doesn't make him scum.

As for waiting for the day post that again doesn't make sense from a mafia, vig or SK POV. If he was worried about being tracked it would have better if he was any of these roles to claim before the day post. Again that would lend his claim credibility, regardless of whether he was vig, mafia or SK. I honestly think it was a mistake or just not knowing what to do in that case. This makes me think he is either a Vig or SK, his mafia buddy would surely have pointed that out to him (a tad of WIFOM here so tread with caution).
On March 07 2012 22:42 deconduo wrote:
I don't think its a stretch to think we'd have a Tracker + Watcher but no medic. However, what I think doesn't really matter, its what Paper thought at the day post. He claimed exactly one minute after the post, so he didn't have time to think about his decision. He was obviously waiting for something, and was going base his claim on the contents of the day post.

Yes, he was waiting to see whether Jackal died. The problem as above, is that you have separate the motivations between a Vig, mafia or SK shot and his timing is bad for all three.

On March 08 2012 03:09 Paperscraps wrote:
I wanted town to know as much as possible about how the KP was distributed. In hindsight I should have claimed before day post, but this is the first time I have been a vig in a forum game. A lot of people fosed Jackal at the end of the night. Jackal even posted right after me, so he was obviously around, but didn't post relevant material during the night. If he had scum hunted during the night that would have swayed my decision.

This is where we can tell whether Paperscraps is town or not. His motivation for shooting Jackal. He says that Jackal was looking scummy, which is true. He had FOS'd Jackal since the Misder vote. Yes he was on decon more but it was not like he suddenly decided Jackal was scum. This quote in hindsight looks promising
On March 06 2012 20:58 Paperscraps wrote:It seems like everyone thinks Decon is town except for me, so I could very well be wrong. I will be objective about this and look into the filters of others I think are scummy. inb4 "you are backpedaling scum"

Note this post from Toast
On March 07 2012 07:16 TheToast wrote:
If Sandro's claim is true, and there is an SK; top people to question/track/watch should be Paper, and Jackal.

It is not unreasonable for Paper to believe he was being tracked. He was on the scummy list of a few people and had been called out in the thread as a track target.

In conclusion, as shocking as this sounds I believe Paperscraps is a vigilante. I think he second guessed himself about Decon and so shot his second target. He was concerned about being tracked so claimed the hit when he thought it best. The hope was that he would have his named cleared when Jackal flipped scum. Was it the best play? Hell no but it makes sense to me.

If nothing else note his persistance in trying to clear his name. He is clearly frustrated but is putting in the effort to try and make his thinking clear. Compare that to Adam, who is apparently still too busy to participate. Decon I agree it would be nice to lower KP with a SK lynch but I don't believe that Paper is the SK (if we have one). We lynch Adam today.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 08 2012 00:07 GMT
#606
You know what? After reading quotes like this:

anyway staying lurkerish but not being ompletely inactive actually gets you off the mind of people XD


and this:

I Think my lurkerish state is lurkerish enough to stop a case being made on me ^_^


in the quick topic Adam linked earlier on Bluelightz, I would be very happy to lynch Bluelightz today.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 08 2012 00:13 GMT
#607
On March 08 2012 08:04 Probulous wrote:
If nothing else note his persistance in trying to clear his name. He is clearly frustrated but is putting in the effort to try and make his thinking clear. Compare that to Adam, who is apparently still too busy to participate. Decon I agree it would be nice to lower KP with a SK lynch but I don't believe that Paper is the SK (if we have one). We lynch Adam today.


I can deal with that.

##Unvote
##Vote Adam4167
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 08 2012 00:17 GMT
#608
Well, actually, if for some strange reason Adam flips town then I would consider it... But then we are getting low on townspeople.

We're at 6-2-1 right now assuming an SK. If we mess this lynch up we could potentially be at a worst case of 3-2-1 if mafia and SK both kill a townie.

I mean, this lynch is so important for town today. Where're the contributions from AKCT, Bluelightz, Pandain, etc.??
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 08 2012 00:20 GMT
#609
Whilst Bluelightz still needs to be splattered across a few city blocks, Adam is more important today. He has the ability to sway people with flimsy cases. He has basically outed himself as scum with his bizarre case on me. Even if you ignore the substance of my case the fact that he presented his Day 2 suspicions in the middle of Day 3 after I post a case on him should confirm his alignment. Bluelightz we can deal with tomorrow.

I assume from that post and your previous one that you believe Paper's claim? What do you think of my defense of him? I am not 100% convinced but it justs seems more likely that he is a naive Vet than scum or SK. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 08 2012 00:27 GMT
#610
Trying to draw conclusions from a possible scum-team involving me will ultimately fail, because i am going to flip town in around 24 hours.

The assumption that anyone voting for someone you have a town read on must be scum, is just flat out stupid.

I don't hate paper for voting me, it was me or him when he did, so that's an obvious choice.

I suggest everyone take a hard look at AKCT, who's posted even less then bluelightz after being 'confirmed town'. He also claimed 'vanilla townie', which is inconsistent with the role in the OP 'townie'. Palmar did the same thing, he flipped blue, but I don't think AKCT will.

Snarfs, find me a mafia that actually admits he hasn't been contributing, and ill show you an idiot. Mafia deflect or misdirect. I do think Pandain is town hence why I didn't attack him. Why his read has shifted towards me, that is not something I can answer, you can ask him.

Deconduo, your 'case' against me is terrible. Its filled with confirmation bias. Palmar was the obvious choice to die on N2 since he was clearly town and probably not just a plain townie. Jackal's read is wrong, he clearly wasn't putting much into this game, why would you expect his read to be even close to right?

If we had a medic that wasn't on Palmar N2 after leading the sandroba lynch, then hes useless. I would go as far as to say you should lynch anyone that even claims medic for that. If there's a medic, its a Medic, because I really don't see a town medic being stupid enough to protect sandroba N1.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 08 2012 00:31 GMT
#611
Do you still think I am scum Adam?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 08 2012 00:31 GMT
#612
Lets WIFOM away at this Probulous, you like doing that.

What kind of stupid scum strategy is it to attack the most townie looking person? Scum buddy the big townie while picking them off at night.

The fact that you are so adamant at shutting me up is hilarious though. I obviously don't have "the ability to sway people with my flimsy cases", as no one even took my case on Palmar halfway seriously.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 08 2012 00:32 GMT
#613
On March 08 2012 09:27 Adam4167 wrote:
Trying to draw conclusions from a possible scum-team involving me will ultimately fail, because i am going to flip town in around 24 hours.

The assumption that anyone voting for someone you have a town read on must be scum, is just flat out stupid.

I don't hate paper for voting me, it was me or him when he did, so that's an obvious choice.

I suggest everyone take a hard look at AKCT, who's posted even less then bluelightz after being 'confirmed town'. He also claimed 'vanilla townie', which is inconsistent with the role in the OP 'townie'. Palmar did the same thing, he flipped blue, but I don't think AKCT will.

Snarfs, find me a mafia that actually admits he hasn't been contributing, and ill show you an idiot. Mafia deflect or misdirect. I do think Pandain is town hence why I didn't attack him. Why his read has shifted towards me, that is not something I can answer, you can ask him.

Deconduo, your 'case' against me is terrible. Its filled with confirmation bias. Palmar was the obvious choice to die on N2 since he was clearly town and probably not just a plain townie. Jackal's read is wrong, he clearly wasn't putting much into this game, why would you expect his read to be even close to right?

If we had a medic that wasn't on Palmar N2 after leading the sandroba lynch, then hes useless. I would go as far as to say you should lynch anyone that even claims medic for that. If there's a medic, its a Medic, because I really don't see a town medic being stupid enough to protect sandroba N1.


I led the Sandroba lynch day 2. Palmar wanted to lynch AKCT, but I convinced him to switch to sandroba:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315210&currentpage=21#413
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 08 2012 00:33 GMT
#614
EBWOP: You are right about one thing though, AKCP has been hardcore lurking.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 08 2012 00:33 GMT
#615


I am hardly shutting you up. You hadn't said anything when I wrote that. You haven't answered my question.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 08 2012 00:36 GMT
#616
On March 08 2012 09:20 Probulous wrote:
I assume from that post and your previous one that you believe Paper's claim? What do you think of my defense of him? I am not 100% convinced but it justs seems more likely that he is a naive Vet than scum or SK. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

To me, it looked like an honest mistake.

I think we could make a ton of assumptions or guesses, but in the end, mafia and SK are trying to look like town anyways. Unless we have evidence to refute his claim, we're better off targeting people who look more scummy.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 08 2012 00:39 GMT
#617
You say "Adam is more important today. He has the ability to sway people with flimsy cases". Implying I need to die first because of what i'm saying.

Of course I didn't answer your question, I clicked post before it was even on my screen, look at the time-stamp -_-.
I do still think you're scum, if this is your town play, then I had a very different picture in my head of what town Probulous should look like.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 08 2012 00:40 GMT
#618
On March 08 2012 09:31 Adam4167 wrote:What kind of stupid scum strategy is it to attack the most townie looking person? Scum buddy the big townie while picking them off at night.


Is this a town strategy then? I don't get it Adam. You know you haven't been contributing, you even admit that and are now trying to use that as an explanation for you being town? Then when you do contribute it is to put a weak case on the most townie person here. What townie does that? Your job is to find scum and by the effort you put into your case on me it is clear you don't want to. It makes more sense from a mafia perspective as it causes confusion and disrupts the town. If you were town and really thought I was scum, you would have put together your case properly. You would have built it and posted it when you were sure. The fact that your half-assed attempt was posted straight after I made my case on you confirms you didn't really think I was scum.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 08 2012 00:45 GMT
#619
Why do you assume that I would only do thing in that manner? Scum are cold and calculating, they wont post something half assed for fear of making mistakes. Again, more WIFOM from both of us.

I started writing that as the day post came down, the fact that you stated you wanted to lynch me was coincidental. My job is to find scum, yes, I had a read on you, so I voiced it. Wheres the problem? could my read be wrong? absolutely. Doesn't mean i'm just going to keep it to myself.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 08 2012 00:45 GMT
#620
On March 08 2012 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
You say "Adam is more important today. He has the ability to sway people with flimsy cases". Implying I need to die first because of what i'm saying.

Of course I didn't answer your question, I clicked post before it was even on my screen, look at the time-stamp -_-.
I do still think you're scum, if this is your town play, then I had a very different picture in my head of what town Probulous should look like.


How would a townie Probulous read your case then? You didn't put any effort into it. It was a quick on the fly mish-mash with no coherent explanation as to why I am scum. I know that you take time with your cases and present them clearly when you're town. I have been on the receiving end of your voting analysis. I know you can do so much better. Your choice of timing and the chaotic nature of the case makes me think it was done in a rush. That doesn't fit with you being town. Town Adam would work out why I was attacking him and clarify that. I am losing my enjoyment of the term OMGUS but that it what your your case looks like.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 233
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 698
Soulkey 327
Horang2 302
Mini 248
Zeus 234
Larva 221
Soma 177
Sexy 105
Mind 70
ZerO 66
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 53
soO 35
scan(afreeca) 24
sorry 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Hyun 15
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe275
canceldota24
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Other Games
gofns29404
singsing1791
Coldzera 707
Happy198
Pyrionflax141
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2270
League of Legends
• Jankos2824
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM233
Online Event
2h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.