• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9491 users

Kaller Game - Page 99

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 Next
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 13 2012 23:31 GMT
#1961
LOL I THOUGHT JJ54 WAS TOWN THE WHOLE TIME

and i thought i was good at this game, getting 3 correct scum reads

gg BM
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 06:08:51
March 14 2012 06:08 GMT
#1962
why was I sent a townie role, and then changed to cult? was it the kids I received? Sheth said something about oil.


Feels like a Caller game, as I am still generally confused, and I won.


GG echelon, thanks bro
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 08:26:32
March 14 2012 08:21 GMT
#1963
Well played Radfield

How did BM become the cult leader? I suppose it was just a random decision
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
March 14 2012 09:28 GMT
#1964
Thanks, my best game in a while I think.....
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
March 14 2012 09:43 GMT
#1965
LOL I actually thought he was playing when he voted me

Wtf Radfield you troll
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
March 14 2012 10:08 GMT
#1966
WBG #1 Paint skillz

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 15:55:30
March 14 2012 15:52 GMT
#1967
Jayjay’s Scum Tale – A Story in 5 acts
(a propably way to big analysis for a kaller game)

Chapter 1: I don’t recall saying scum.

As this was my first PM Game, I was overwhelmed at the beginning. In restrospective my first PMs to JB were really scummy and my (fake) roleclaim was bad, too. I just didn’t know how to act, which is why JB knew I was scum, the second he died. I got a little traction after the first few PMs. Remember the post where I was saying that I need fanpost? That was basically me saying “screw it, I need practice”. Thank God our team was well hidden. Bugs and syllo where taken out day one and the fact that we didn’t have a scum candidate helped too.

In PM land some people started to think that there actually is no scum team around night 2.

At the first night, we already discovered how little our KP is actually worth. I think two of our shots got blocked. It didn’t help when ON got in a real life car accident and therefore wasn’t able to post. He was our unblockable KP. Unlucky, I guess. Not his fault. Scum was revealed, we had even less KP.

Still overall, our team was looking quite good. Evan and K were lurking, but so were other guys. There weren’t many analysis flying around and I felt confident that we’ll easily win.


Chapter 2: Downfall

I was about to pop the champagne and then everything seemed to fall apart. At first syllo who wasn’t allowed to actually do anything started a witch hunt for forumite and for some reason (he didn’t really give sensible arguments), town followed. Kurumi didn’t read the threat and didn’t interfere. So, our PR got lynched by a ghost. Thanks.

Even worse was Kenpachi. He just had no joy in playing anymore and basically commited suicide by fakenuking one of the player who was confirmed to have actual nukes. He didn’t talk answer to PM or QT and his final message was a “screw you guys all, this sucks” message as a gg. To get this straight:
If this game followed the ban list, I’d 100% request a ban for him. This is similar to a modkill and I was pissed.

So our three players died to: Modkill, Suicide and ghost. Great.


Chapter 3: Performing

These two losses left scum team a little puzzled at first. But then we were like, fuck it, let’s move on. Which led to the most fun part of the game.

I knew that the ocean had changed back and so we had a perfect ditto target. As soon as he was confirmed ocean, I started to push V7 and our dance was IMO quite good and looked genuine. I had tons of fun playing this out. V7 played brilliantly here. We forced a mislynch and gathered some hope again.

As evantrees’ lurking started to look like he will die at some point, the idea was to bus him early. I could prove myself as a Rolecop and confirm myself as a Town PR. Evantrees agreed at once (<3) and the play turned out to be great. V7 was unkillable now and I was far from ever getting lynched. The only one who pushed me a bit was GM (who I had a really awkward skype conversation with). We were heading towards 5-2 lylo with no sign of slowing down when…


Chapter 4: Betrayal

I had DTed BM earlier and shared the result with the QT assuming I could trust my team. The minute V7 read that there is cult out there, he contacted BM to be recruited, when we had all options to win. I could even have RBed BM, if V7 was scared of becoming cult. He just didn’t say anything. We would’ve won as Scum 100%, because nisani wasn’t going to nuke either one of us.

But V7 decided differently which is also playing against your wincon IMO. It’s OK to betray your team after being recruited. It’s not OK to just switch teams and fuck your team. Again, with RB + lylo, we would have won 100%. I was pissed. And still am. This was a dick move.


Chapter 5: Struggle and Giving up

When V7 contacted me to tell me this, I got furious that he threw away our scum victory. Like really mad. My brain went into overdrive how to prevent him from winning.

V7: You may think, you played me, but you didn’t. Nothing you said changed my POV. You said, you cared about me winning. That didn’t change anything. I just wanted you to lose. Really badly.

As soon as I learned that Nisani is actually still town, I started to send Kurumi questions about rulings to take into account most of the possible outcomes. I even made a spreadsheet. I then found out that V7 lied to me that there’s four players cult, there were actually only three players.

So my initial plan was to get BM lynched and kill cyri and lightz. This would have resulted in a 2-1-1 situation were Nisani couldn’t vote me. Which would probably be a draw. Problem here was Nisani’s nuke and the lack of knowledge of the real cult wincon.

I had a longer chat with sheth too, when I read that he supported BMs haltless DT claim and realized he was 100% cult. He claimed that there’s a second recruiter (actually he did this before V7 did. I got the feeling that something was off.

After a while, I summed up all the question marks:
a) could a nuke even kill an ocean?
b) what would happen in a voting scenario with 2-1-1? Speed matters?
c) was there a second recruiter? If there is, can I kill both?
d) how much influence do I really have on NIsani? Would he nuke Sheth or V7? Will he lynch me?

As I didn’t want to put my (imo deserved) W in jeopardy, I just swallowed my pride and gave in to a sucker victory.

So no V7, you didn’t play me, I was trying to find a way to make you lose regardless what you said. I just wasn’t willing to risk my win and that’s the reason, why I bargained with BM.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 17:24:35
March 14 2012 17:19 GMT
#1968
Sheth told you there was a second recruiter as wrll? Damnnnnn. Good shit by sheth.

Seriously dont get mad at me. I tried to find palmar or kurmi to talk to about the fine print of playing to win vs playing to win for your current win con and couldnt find them. With the game moving along I needed to commit to one or the other.

Cults are often not used in games because they are a bit op and they change win cons. There is no way you should ever fault someone for deciding to pla to win overall. When I say play you I mean lie to you. I engaged in very long talks with you with the intention of lieing... thats all I mean by that phrase. I think I accomplished my goals in playing you because the last day and night of the played out exactly as I told you and the cult I wanted it to.

JJ, keep in mind, it would b accurate to say that there being a cult alone made this a bastard game. I winch at the tone of post game anger. You kinda implied I cheated. If you are saying so please take into account I have 7 (i think) previous games with a cult in them... of which 7 games were by cult even after horrible play on the cults side. The fact that there was a living cult recruiter at that point in the game made thier chances of victory extremely high. This puts into conflict play to win vs play for your CURRENT win con. The op clearly states play for your win con with no regaurd for time. I choose to see thha as the allowed option to do what I did. All I did was PM bm with a subject of bank asking if he was drinking punch. I in no way play against my current win con at that time by say outin that im scum or you are scum.

Tl;dr

Dont be mad about me playing to win.

Keep in mind that if cult recruited you, or me that night things would have played out the exact same way. If there was a 2-1-1 situation the game becomes a semi trigger finger event and well, I have strong feelings about that as well. The last game I was ended as a trigger finger game and it was lame. I am actuallly planning making a post about that because it something tl needs to discuss. I did not see playing for that situation as a reliable way to win.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 14 2012 17:22 GMT
#1969
I disagree Forumite was "just because of syllogism"
I realized syllogism was dead
I also had a huge scumread on forumite, you, and v7
check my posts
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 14 2012 17:23 GMT
#1970
I also would like to add I didn't "bargain" anything
I could have easily gotten you lynched fmpov
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
March 14 2012 17:26 GMT
#1971
You were ment to have a scum reas on me. I had coppied the bp unlynchable role and wanted to draw anti scum kp.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
March 14 2012 17:27 GMT
#1972
BM the night you recruited me, who would you have recruites had I not PMd you indicating I knew you are cult?
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
March 14 2012 17:38 GMT
#1973
On March 15 2012 02:19 vaderseven wrote:
Sheth told you there was a second recruiter as wrll? Damnnnnn. Good shit by sheth.

Seriously dont get mad at me. I tried to find palmar or kurmi to talk to about the fine print of playing to win vs playing to win for your current win con and couldnt find them. With the game moving along I needed to commit to one or the other.

Cults are often not used in games because they are a bit op and they change win cons. There is no way you should ever fault someone for deciding to pla to win overall. When I say play you I mean lie to you. I engaged in very long talks with you with the intention of lieing... thats all I mean by that phrase. I think I accomplished my goals in playing you because the last day and night of the played out exactly as I told you and the cult I wanted it to.

JJ, keep in mind, it would b accurate to say that there being a cult alone made this a bastard game. I winch at the tone of post game anger. You kinda implied I cheated. If you are saying so please take into account I have 7 (i think) previous games with a cult in them... of which 7 games were by cult even after horrible play on the cults side. The fact that there was a living cult recruiter at that point in the game made thier chances of victory extremely high. This puts into conflict play to win vs play for your CURRENT win con. The op clearly states play for your win con with no regaurd for time. I choose to see thha as the allowed option to do what I did. All I did was PM bm with a subject of bank asking if he was drinking punch. I in no way play against my current win con at that time by say outin that im scum or you are scum.

Tl;dr

Dont be mad about me playing to win.

Keep in mind that if cult recruited you, or me that night things would have played out the exact same way. If there was a 2-1-1 situation the game becomes a semi trigger finger event and well, I have strong feelings about that as well. The last game I was ended as a trigger finger game and it was lame. I am actuallly planning making a post about that because it something tl needs to discuss. I did not see playing for that situation as a reliable way to win.


well, you can find it in every single mafia game OP. you surely have read them:


Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.


you just didn't. you ignored your team and played for yourself. and not even well.

WE COULD HAVE ROLEBLOCKED BM

no recruiting whatsoever. 100% scum victory. you just ignore that, don't you? you just wouldn't talk to me about that.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
March 14 2012 17:39 GMT
#1974
On March 15 2012 02:27 vaderseven wrote:
BM the night you recruited me, who would you have recruites had I not PMd you indicating I knew you are cult?

rooooooooleblock
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
March 14 2012 17:42 GMT
#1975
On March 15 2012 02:22 Bill Murray wrote:
I disagree Forumite was "just because of syllogism"
I realized syllogism was dead
I also had a huge scumread on forumite, you, and v7
check my posts


well, bluelightz had a votelead of 7-2 before syllo stepped up. so yes, just because of syllo. Even though forumite looked scummy, he would not got lynched this day and probably would have killed someone at night with his PGO stuff.

I checked your posts, you didn't even mention me once. except for the kids and the haltless red dt check, when you knew I was scum. and V7 was supposed to look scummy.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
March 14 2012 17:59 GMT
#1976
can someone explain the "kids"
Enjoy your day.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 14 2012 18:08 GMT
#1977
On March 15 2012 02:59 Nisani201 wrote:
can someone explain the "kids"

They were an item. The Pope started with them in his inventory. If they survived, there'd be a good ending.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
March 14 2012 18:09 GMT
#1978
On March 15 2012 02:22 Bill Murray wrote:
I disagree Forumite was "just because of syllogism"
I realized syllogism was dead
I also had a huge scumread on forumite, you, and v7
check my posts

What gave me away?

You might have had a huge scumread on me, but there was very little talking about my scumminess in the thread, my lynch felt very odd, which is why I was almost certain that it was cult-motivated.
:3
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
March 14 2012 18:10 GMT
#1979
On March 15 2012 03:08 Kurumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 02:59 Nisani201 wrote:
can someone explain the "kids"

They were an item. The Pope started with them in his inventory. If they survived, there'd be a good ending.


they did survive, what do I win?
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
March 14 2012 18:11 GMT
#1980
They surviving means everybody wins. Check the spreadsheet out.

If forumite had ever gotten the kids then only the winning team would have won.
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 684
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC492
Rex99
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 477
Rex 98
UpATreeSC 90
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 15
Codebar 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42414
Jaedong 1427
Hyuk 822
Soma 734
Mini 463
BeSt 459
Larva 352
Rush 293
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
hero 97
Dewaltoss 76
Liquid`Ret 53
Mind 45
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 21
Rock 21
Shine 19
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1334
Dendi832
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
x6flipin350
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3327
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu444
Other Games
singsing1769
ArmadaUGS1692
byalli470
ceh9377
B2W.Neo376
KnowMe120
QueenE93
Trikslyr35
Chillindude24
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3473
League of Legends
• Nemesis2358
• TFBlade1111
Other Games
• imaqtpie643
• Shiphtur337
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
Stellar Fest
19h 34m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.