• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9857 users

TL Mafia XXXIV: Pokemafia - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 60 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 13 2010 08:54 GMT
#541
Day 2.5
RIP Aaliyah
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 13 2010 09:12 GMT
#542
As I watched that I had these different snarky comments I was going to make but when I got to the end all I could think was "that was downright epic."
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
December 13 2010 09:35 GMT
#543
If I'm not mistaken, there should have been 5 deaths (in theory) last night? 3 Mafia KP + 1 SK KP + Voltorb. So we actually have 2 missing KP to account for.


On December 13 2010 08:35 Brocket wrote:
DarthThienAn

On December 10 2010 23:35 Brocket wrote:
Good points raised by amber. I think it can go either way as well. If Gabe gave solid arguments that were easy to follow then I would honestly have not voted for him. It's like a vote for reason. As it stands I won't be changing my vote for this day phase but I admit it was too hasty.

I think it should be emphasised that any one of us voting for gabe could be mafia too (or people voting off infund for that matter) and with 31 players it won't be that hard to get gabe out of the hot water if we want to keep him.

On December 11 2010 22:51 Brocket wrote:
##unvote gabriel
##vote kenpachi


herpdederp..

If you look, you'll notice the 1st post was made on the 10th, the second post on the 11th. I said "as it stands". There has been a lot of discussion between both days and it changed my opinion. Get with the program dude.


And I said Gabriel's outbursts in the first few hours wasn't as bad as some of the others I've read since. I don't know what you're seeing but if you read your post again and exclude your obnoxious comments it follows a logical order. Also you omitted some other posts in between too to help take them out of context .

I know that it was a day later. My point was that in that first post you basically said "I'm not changing my vote." And then later on, you changed it. The whole "As it stands" thing is bullcrap, you're basically saying "I'm not changing my vote, unless I decide to change my vote later" then. Thanks for the input.

I'm pretty sure you do this same thing in other posts, which is why I probably left them out.

Please, please analyse what I say more. It's very entertaining since I haven't received so much attention before. So thanks for that, although your comments are rubbish.

And if you don't like my "newbie card" deal with it. I'm sub 100 posts but I can tell when people are being condescending because of their enormous e-peen.

Yes, my enormous e-peen is what's making me point out your suspiciousness. Dodge more plz.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
December 13 2010 09:48 GMT
#544
He's funny and scary at the same time.

Tree hugger was an obvious choice for mafia to hit. Experienced players that dole out helpful advice or substantiated/logical opinions that sway votes need to be removed from the game so the townies become less productive.

I don't know about the other two, I guess since kenpachi was a town then it followed that jcarl was town which confuses me as to why mafia would hit him (ken and jcarl were buddying up on gabe early day 1).

Also I'm not a smurf. DoctorHelvectica can attest to that because I haven't sent him a PM like smurfs are meant to. Didn't he explicitly ask smurfs to tell him so? So my q's are both silly and genuine.

When you said that my q 'the mafia know who eachother are right?' was too silly, it was meant to be rhetorical. As in, if Kenpachi knew that mafia's already knew each other then why would he act like mafia. I honestly still don't understand why he acted the way he did unless he wanted to act out for the lols and attention and get voted asap.
I don't know what happened.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 09:54:31
December 13 2010 09:49 GMT
#545
Yeah there were four hits. I'm just a bad mod, sorry guys.

The Day post now accurately reflected what happened.


RIP Aaliyah
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
December 13 2010 10:09 GMT
#546
Also when zeks said he'd keep joining mafia games until he became mafia himself, and thus the reason why he joined the harry potter mafia after this one... He's implying he's not mafia this game? Which makes it an easy decision of whether you believe him or not. It's a little silly and immature but I suppose everybody does want to be mafia secretly so I'm inclined to believe him.

Zeks so far hasn't appeared to be particularly dishonest but as soon as we find reason to distrust him then he probably is mafia this game.

I have an opinion about someone: Gabriel.

Gabriel says that he's voting pre emptively because he may be inactive for a time, but honestly he hasn't been that helpful compared to others. I know I'm not that helpful either but from what I've been reading, I'm more suss of people who vote quickly as opposed to people who post here first to explain why.

He also changed his vote to zeks which would make sense as mafia since they'd know zeks is a townie and that kenpachi was getting voted out anyway who was also a townie. Personally I believe this to be a slip up because kenpachi was actively going after Gabriel, why would Gabriel not vote Kenpachi then since FoS was focused squarely on kenpachi. I know this doesn't sound clear at all, I wish i could make a flowchart.

1. Gabriel (as mafia):

1a). Vote kenpachi: Bad idea since it gives further support that you are mafia and adds substance to kenpachi's claims against you. Don't vote him and look for some else to vote without taking any heat. Besides, Tree hugger made good claims against him and has convinced a significant number of people, he's quite likely to leave even if you don't vote for him.

1b) Vote Zeks: Blame this one, he has acted suss and has shown that he can't defend himself properly. Keep aggressively FoSing him. Either he or Kenpachi goes, but now you have a safe vote that won't make you look suss since you were the one who began making arguments against zeks.

2. Gabriel (as Townie)

2a) Vote Kenpachi: don't do this as it reiterates the same reasons as 1a), it will only make you look like a villain getting rid of someone who is accusing you.

2b) Vote Zeks: He does look suss if you take his 2-3 posts. But uh. er. Kind of random. Sure a few people agreed but only because Tree hugger and a few others said voting kenpachi/zeks was a 'fine choice'.

My final point is that we know jcarl was killed. Kenpachi and jcarl were both in on Gabriel and now they're gone. Can you hear me audibly masticate on my thoughts?

Segue: Honestly, can someone please tell me how many of each role is present in this game. I only know that there are 6 mafia members, that's what KPT stands for right? 6/2 = 3.

I don't know what happened.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
December 13 2010 10:11 GMT
#547
On December 13 2010 18:12 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
As I watched that I had these different snarky comments I was going to make but when I got to the end all I could think was "that was downright epic."



Then meapak_Ziphh spontaneous explodes.

Lol.
I don't know what happened.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
December 13 2010 10:14 GMT
#548
Oh also to add to my point 2a). If I was a townie accused as mafia by some person, eg kenpachi. Even it makes me look more suss, I'd still vote kenpachi if I truly thought he was a mafia to make sure he was removed, especially when it was close between kenpachi and zeks.
I don't know what happened.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
December 13 2010 10:18 GMT
#549
@ DarthThienAn

Dodge more? Please read again. I addressed you directly.

Okthxbye lolol I'm darth "huge e-peen" thienan.

Please, please vote for me if you believe my posts are evidence against me. I still think you're an idiot since you have so much trouble comprehending what I'm saying. Is anybody else having difficulty understanding me?
I don't know what happened.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
December 13 2010 12:20 GMT
#550
WHAT

WE LOST MEAPAKK TOO?!
T_T

Immediate FoS on ghurur for FoS'ing Meapakk. Mafia would likely continue attacking their intended targets, especially if they were chansey'd.
boomer hands
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
December 13 2010 12:47 GMT
#551
On December 13 2010 21:20 seRapH wrote:
WHAT

WE LOST MEAPAKK TOO?!
T_T

Immediate FoS on ghurur for FoS'ing Meapakk. Mafia would likely continue attacking their intended targets, especially if they were chansey'd.


Hey, I was justified in that FoS. If you look back, he said the only thing he said was that he made a few long posts after he said he'd post an analysis and the longest one was just a conglomeration of several short posts to different people. But w/es, it is what it is.
darkness overpowering
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
December 13 2010 12:48 GMT
#552
EBWODP:

Hey, I was justified in that FoS. If you look back, the only thing he said was that he made a few long posts after he said he'd post an analysis and the longest one was just a conglomeration of several short posts to different people. But w/es, it is what it is.
darkness overpowering
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 13 2010 15:11 GMT
#553
On December 13 2010 19:09 Brocket wrote:
Segue: Honestly, can someone please tell me how many of each role is present in this game. I only know that there are 6 mafia members, that's what KPT stands for right? 6/2 = 3.


No, the role counts are hidden. We know there is 6 TR, one Mew, and one Mewtwo. There are almost always 2 or less of the special roles.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
December 13 2010 17:19 GMT
#554
Ok thanks kit. It'd be interesting to know if we had a 2nd electrode. I'm guessing balance reasons there'd only be 1 chancey and maybe 2 alakazams. But that's just speculation, which is like what 100% of forum mafia games are anyway lol.

I wanted to bring this up again:
My final point is that we know jcarl was killed. Kenpachi and jcarl were both in on Gabriel and now they're gone. Can you hear me audibly masticate on my thoughts?'

What do you guys think?
I don't know what happened.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
December 13 2010 18:41 GMT
#555
On December 13 2010 12:34 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 12:27 BrownBear wrote:
Youch. So tree.hugger either voltorb'd one of the two other deaths (probably jcarlson) or he forgot to place one.

Well, that sucks.


Pretty sure if someone died from voltorb's they would be reported as such. It was stated that no one died from the one that exploded. That's generally how mad hatters work. Kinda strange that you didn't know that...you've played enough games lol


I was assuming night hit took priority over voltorbsplosion. I could be wrong, though, forgot about the existence of Mewtwo.
SUNSFANNED
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
December 13 2010 18:44 GMT
#556
Since some people are talking about it:

We know that there are 6 scum and 1 Serial Killer (Mewtwo). Usually #red = #blue, but since they have an SK and a RB, I'd add 1-2 to that limit. So 7-8 blues I think.

# of Raichu/Millers is usually the same as the # of DTs.
With 3+1 KP, we probably have 2-3 medics, most likely 2. But #Medic always < KP.
With a Mew in play, I wouldn't be surprised if we only had 1 DT, but I feel like 2 is pretty standard. 1-3 DTs (Alakazams) depending on how they considered Mew.
1-2 Veterans. If we have 3 medics, it's definitely 1. If we have 2 medics, 2 vets is a possibility.
1-2 Mad Hatter. We have 2 double lynches, which is basically a mad hatter given to the town for late game and such. So probably only 1 Mad Hatter.

So my guess is:
2 Miller

2 Medics
2 DT (+1 FBI)
1 Veteran
1 Mad Hatter
And either 1 more Medic, or 1 more Vet. I'm going to say Medic, since there's technically 4KP.

Makes 7 (+1) blues.

They probably have 1 GF, 1 roleblocker, others are normal mafia. That's pretty typical.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
December 13 2010 19:39 GMT
#557
Don't know if its been mentioned but for Mewtwo:

If you are thinking about ever winning you need to hunt scum right now
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
December 13 2010 23:18 GMT
#558
On December 12 2010 15:33 Gabriel wrote:
What is done, is done. Right now the best for us is Gabriel's random lists (absolutely random and out of nowhere).

Rolecheck list:
+ Show Spoiler +

Eiii
DCLXVI
Hesmyrr


Protection list:
+ Show Spoiler +

node
d3_crescentia
jcarlsoniv


Voltorb list:
+ Show Spoiler +

tree.hugger
dimnsab
deconduo




I'm really wondering if this was truly random or some meaning to it. You're doing no one any good from RNGing these lists - (Voltorb on decon and tree.hugger really?) and for someone who wanted me dead so badly I'd suspect you put me on the Rolecheck list (unless you think I'm the Godfather) or at least the Voltorb list. The whole purpose of you posting that was to try to wrongly dictate blue moves (very anti-town).

On December 12 2010 15:37 Hesmyrr wrote:

Okay, I do have to address before I go away. What is purpose of randomizing either of three actions again, when good PR can yield better results by intelligent decision making? Also wtf are you producing random results when you can simply tell the PR to use RNG to determine their results, which is FAR better method than using this "random" result of yours.


Although I think this is somewhat suspicious too as Hesmyrr was on the rolecheck list and immediately he tried to dismiss Gabriel's random lists' validity - perhaps he has something to hide.

Overall RNGing your actions is terrible so I don't know why its been suggested. Make informative decisions! Listen to the sound arguments, protect our assets and punish the suspicious.

I am getting extremely suspicious of you Gabriel after looking at the people who died and their posts. Out of the initial 6 people who were threatening you, by far jcarlson and Meapak had the most compelling arguments, with Kenpachi being aggressive; quite a coincidence that they're all dead now. In fact the other 3 that had voted for you:
dinsmab: In your list you wanted to bomb him
Eiii: Heavy retaliation against his accusation - and he's in your list of DT check (trying to suggest he's scum)
Brocket: Don't remember what you've done to him but plenty of people trying to discredit him as a poster by calling him a fake-newb/smurf whatever - I actually think he's pretty logical in his posting.

Basically you've got rid of / placed suspicion on everyone who voted for you in the beginning.

On top of that right as you get heat you divert it all to me based on a couple of weak slip-ups and immediately you bandwagons gone. As you best put it:
Three posts later im the cleanest guy in the town. Throw me a bone here please.


When Gabriel gets bandwagoned people say they have trouble understanding why and that the arguments were weak

When I get bandwagoned he becomes god and no one questions his accusations against me.

Fair enough I hope this gives you guys a reason to give this guy a vote tonight

And should we vote in double lynch?





"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 23:34:15
December 13 2010 23:34 GMT
#559
hey peeps

HP mafia needs replacements ASAP

if youve been reading it and/or want to get in on that shiiiiiiiz, please /in the replacement thread
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
December 14 2010 00:41 GMT
#560
Hey guys, so I don't know what's going on, but a voltorb that was on me apparently exploded at 12/13/10 15:05 (because mod fails). Fortunately my unwitting wit and shell has saved me, but no longer I boast that powerful shell that guaranteed my survival.

So...
I am Cloyster, voltorb exploded on me and my extra night live was removed because tree.hugger is FAILURE
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 464
Nina 93
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17735
Soulkey 202
White-Ra 195
Mini 164
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever249
League of Legends
Doublelift3026
Counter-Strike
fl0m1323
C9.Mang0176
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4958
Khaldor1833
Liquid`Hasu1254
Trikslyr43
Other Games
summit1g5527
ArmadaUGS2957
shahzam500
Pyrionflax159
ZombieGrub79
Mew2King64
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• davetesta22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• HerbMon 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1323
• imaqtpie1076
• Shiphtur264
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 21m
OSC
15h 21m
Stellar Fest
15h 21m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.