• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13354 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 120

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 142 Next
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 21 2010 14:40 GMT
#2381
On October 21 2010 22:48 Nemesis wrote:
It seems that we are finally having some constructive analysis here.

Thumbs up to you KhrisKruel and hypberbola!

It seems that the most obvious reds are most likely vampires. I think it would be more beneficial to lynch a mafia today, but I don't really see any obvious mafia right now.

For now, I'll vote MetalFace as the clue pointing to him killed a vampire so most likely he is mafia. I might change my vote later after I have done my own analysis if I have time, or after you guys are done with your analysis.


Nahhh, it's really not that much more beneficial to lynch a mafia.
Think about it this way guys:
If we kill vamps, we can get their numbers down to 3.
This means that they LOSE their chance at victory because to kill all the mafia, they'd have to bring mafia down to 3 first.
That effectively neutralizes the Vampire into basically just a 3 person kill squad for the town. We can then bring them into our side and gain a kp.
darkness overpowering
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
October 21 2010 14:42 GMT
#2382
On October 20 2010 20:55 Hittegods wrote:
I'd like to point out that I posted clue analyses to both artanis and kingjames on page 108, although they deserved little love. They turned out to be mafia and vampire, so even though this baseball bat clue might seem to point to me, I am neither.


So people just choosing to ignore this. Interesting.

Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
zerroth
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada173 Posts
October 21 2010 14:46 GMT
#2383
Flicky are you defending him?!! lol j/k
With no power, comes no responsibility.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 21 2010 14:53 GMT
#2384
fyi ghrur, that does not neutralize the vampires, it just forces them to wait until the deep endgame to attempt to win, due to our win condition's second clause
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 21 2010 15:21 GMT
#2385
ok sleeptime, be back for the night cycle shift
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
October 21 2010 15:53 GMT
#2386
On October 21 2010 19:19 KhrisKruel wrote:
I looked through Hittegods post history and found this:

Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 02:04 Hittegods wrote:
The clues against Artanis did indeed seem rock solid, until the fact that he wasn't in the game on day one was accounted for. I was looking through profiles for clues relating to the neat 8s, but only found one profiles containing numbers, which were repeated seven times and not dividable by 8, so no luck there.


So although later he switched to artanis, he also started posting a shit ton on glurio and possible clue posts for him. He helped glurio's lynch while staying on artanis.

It's not rock solid, but his defense of "I Went after a mafia and a vamp" is not as true as he makes it seem


So people just choosing to ignore this?

*troll face*
Adonai bless
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 21 2010 15:56 GMT
#2387
On October 21 2010 23:40 ghrur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2010 22:48 Nemesis wrote:
It seems that we are finally having some constructive analysis here.

Thumbs up to you KhrisKruel and hypberbola!

It seems that the most obvious reds are most likely vampires. I think it would be more beneficial to lynch a mafia today, but I don't really see any obvious mafia right now.

For now, I'll vote MetalFace as the clue pointing to him killed a vampire so most likely he is mafia. I might change my vote later after I have done my own analysis if I have time, or after you guys are done with your analysis.


Nahhh, it's really not that much more beneficial to lynch a mafia.
Think about it this way guys:
If we kill vamps, we can get their numbers down to 3.
This means that they LOSE their chance at victory because to kill all the mafia, they'd have to bring mafia down to 3 first.
That effectively neutralizes the Vampire into basically just a 3 person kill squad for the town. We can then bring them into our side and gain a kp.

We may have found a mafia. Especially if KhrisKruel's analysis of MetalFace being a vampire, this makes sense. I think it's too dangerous to leave a high number of mafia. Having two weakened red groups is better than one strong one. Because really they are competing with each other. We need to be able to play this into our favor and make them kill each other.

After reading todays posts, I believe Hittegods a little bit more. I'm still skeptical of Annul but I don't find a solid reason to lynch him right now. I'm going with Kenpachi. His posts aren't really relevant but he still feels the need to say something. Right now I'm in the minority but I'm going to vote Kenpachi. I'm choosing this by feel over clues for once.

Alright, I'm going to New Hampshire now. I hope things are rolling for the town when I check back.
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
October 21 2010 18:02 GMT
#2388
On October 22 2010 00:53 XeliN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2010 19:19 KhrisKruel wrote:
I looked through Hittegods post history and found this:

On October 18 2010 02:04 Hittegods wrote:
The clues against Artanis did indeed seem rock solid, until the fact that he wasn't in the game on day one was accounted for. I was looking through profiles for clues relating to the neat 8s, but only found one profiles containing numbers, which were repeated seven times and not dividable by 8, so no luck there.


So although later he switched to artanis, he also started posting a shit ton on glurio and possible clue posts for him. He helped glurio's lynch while staying on artanis.

It's not rock solid, but his defense of "I Went after a mafia and a vamp" is not as true as he makes it seem


So people just choosing to ignore this?

*troll face*


Oh you.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 21 2010 19:17 GMT
#2389
On October 21 2010 23:53 annul wrote:
fyi ghrur, that does not neutralize the vampires, it just forces them to wait until the deep endgame to attempt to win, due to our win condition's second clause


Ahhh, right, totally forgot about that second clause. >_<
darkness overpowering
Hyperbola
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2554 Posts
October 21 2010 19:30 GMT
#2390
That was a very interesting analysis, Kris
Anyways, there doesn't seem to be a more obvious target right now (who isn't a vamp) so I'm going with Hittegods
####
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 21 2010 20:45 GMT
#2391
Here is a stream of consciousness analysis for the day four clues. I admit some of the relations may be weak, I just listed anything that could possibly pick out that would match a clue.

Artanis[Xp] was polishing his hammer in the garage when he heard a sound like metal dragging on the ground. He turned quickly toward the source of the noise, but saw nothing. He shrugged and continued working on his hammer when he felt something brush against his neck, it had fallen lightly on him from the ceiling. He looked up to see red eyes glowing back at him. His assailant dropped onto his body, rending his body with huge claws. He was found later that morning chained to the wall, his jaw removed from his skull.


Possible clues:
"metal dragging on the ground"
"huge claws"

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

For starters, there is this giant flying metal thing with claws hanging out of it belonging to SiNiquity.

"Metal" could also be a reference to the user name of MetalFace

"Claws" could belong to the tiger Hobbes contained in Node's profile

Lucktar was spending the evening drinking away at a club. He tried unsucessfuly to gain the attention of some of the better looking women, scaring them off with his sleazy one liners and caked on cologne. He made his way to the bathroom that night, but he would never leave.

He shut the door of the bathroom behind him and turned to face a huge man. He felt a sense of impending dread, as though his life would end soon. The gigantic man grabbed him by the shoulders and delivered a headbutt so powerful it caved in the top of Lucktar's skull. He died slowly and painfully on the floor of a dirty bar restroom, a fitting end for a creep.


Possible Clues:
"headbutt"
"gigantic man"

oddo123 contains an image of Fabio Grosso, an Italian soccer play who scored the game winning goal in the 2006 World Cup Final, a game remembered for the infamous Zinedine Zidane headbutt.

XeliN's profile contains a Hulk-like figure that could be considered gigantic.

KtheZ has a Duke Nukem quote, which could also fit the description of a gigantic man

Across town, orgolove was doing shopping when he suddenly and unexplainedly dropped dead.


I assume poison? Or something to do with shopping? Not sure.

It was a quiet night at the Mothman Movie Theatre and thegilaboy was the only person in attendance for a midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture show. Or so he thought. The movie ended and he walked down the stairs of the dark theatre room, hearing a clanking behind him.

He turned to see an enormous shadow. Feeling threatened, thegilaboy leaped out and struck the large figure. Even though he possessed superhuman strength, the bones of his fist broke easily as he punched what seemed to be impenetrable armor. The figure simply picked thegilaboy off the ground and snapped his neck with one hand. He was found sitting upright in a chair with both of his eyes missing.


Possible Clues:
"Mothman Movie Theatre
"Rocky Horror Picture"
"Sumerhuman strength"
"Impenetrable armor"

This may be a better match for XeliN's Hulk, as he possesses both superhuman strength and impenetrable armor.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I couldn't really find any references to Mothman or Rocky.

kingjames01 had returned home that night. He was tired from a long night of dastardly deeds and was ready to retire to his coffin. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a small piece of furniture in his den had moved. Curious he walked toward it, unaware of the man hiding around the corner.

He moved the chair back to its place and was then struck in the back of the head by a baseball bat. He crumpled to the floor, his killer laughing maniacally as he bashed kingjames' skull to pieces with the bat.


Possible Clues:

"Baseball bat"

This is the clue that is getting the most attention since it appears so obvious. One may think it is too obvious, but if Hittegods is indeed scum, he has no other profile information to make a clue out of.

Another possible reference is to jaminz who has a Sandlot quote (awesome baseball movie) by the The Great Bambino himself.

YummyBlaBla made a late night stop at the pharmacy for some pain medication. He was walking back to his truck in the dark parking lot when he heard a roar. The loud noise startled him. There are no lions or tigers in Liquivania, but what was waiting for him was much worse. He hurriedly made his way into the truck, but an arm grabbed him from the back and pulled him out. He felt a knife stab into the back of his neck and as soon as he died, his attacker had fled the scene.


Possible Clues:
"roar"
"no lions or tigers"

The first thing I think of is "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" But it appears our two bear references got killed off that night. Can a clue point to a scum that got killed that night?

chesshaha is from Boston, which is associated with Bruins, but that is too far of a stretch for even my standards.

I can't really find any other animals, except a monkey, which doesn't really make a loud roar.

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-21 21:16:40
October 21 2010 21:14 GMT
#2392
Damn you guys are so mean
Im not a vamp for all you people to know.
Me voting for Veldril is indeed suspicious but hey i just flipped a coin saying masq/veldril. I had too much catch up to do in the first few days so i said i would wait i got enough attention and here i am, in the last 2 pages, i like my name being said about 20x. :D
I honestly dunno how i would defend my case of not being a vamp but if someone were to support me, halp~
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
October 21 2010 21:18 GMT
#2393
admitting to blatant bandwagoning isn't helping you.

I don't want to lynch hittegods now, and since people are still adament for some reason, I'm gonna switch to kenpachi
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 21 2010 21:19 GMT
#2394
On October 22 2010 06:14 Kenpachi wrote:
Damn you guys are so mean
Im not a vamp for all you people to know.
Me voting for Veldril is indeed suspicious but hey i just flipped a coin saying masq/veldril. I had too much catch up to do in the first few days so i said i would wait i got enough attention and here i am, in the last 2 pages, i like my name being said about 20x. :D
I honestly dunno how i would defend my case of not being a vamp but if someone were to support me, halp~


Umm, you aren't allowed to edit.....
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
October 21 2010 21:20 GMT
#2395
On October 22 2010 06:19 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2010 06:14 Kenpachi wrote:
Damn you guys are so mean
Im not a vamp for all you people to know.
Me voting for Veldril is indeed suspicious but hey i just flipped a coin saying masq/veldril. I had too much catch up to do in the first few days so i said i would wait i got enough attention and here i am, in the last 2 pages, i like my name being said about 20x. :D
I honestly dunno how i would defend my case of not being a vamp but if someone were to support me, halp~


Umm, you aren't allowed to edit.....

oh really? well i just added a "to" in the second line
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 21 2010 21:28 GMT
#2396
On October 22 2010 06:20 Kenpachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2010 06:19 kitaman27 wrote:
On October 22 2010 06:14 Kenpachi wrote:
Damn you guys are so mean
Im not a vamp for all you people to know.
Me voting for Veldril is indeed suspicious but hey i just flipped a coin saying masq/veldril. I had too much catch up to do in the first few days so i said i would wait i got enough attention and here i am, in the last 2 pages, i like my name being said about 20x. :D
I honestly dunno how i would defend my case of not being a vamp but if someone were to support me, halp~


Umm, you aren't allowed to edit.....

oh really? well i just added a "to" in the second line


Doubt it matters. And since Dr.H JUST said the next edit will be a modkill, I certainly hope he follows through. That, and it'll save us a lynch target, and we can pick someone else.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
zerroth
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada173 Posts
October 21 2010 21:29 GMT
#2397
On October 22 2010 06:14 Kenpachi wrote:
Damn you guys are so mean
Im not a vamp for all you people to know.
Me voting for Veldril is indeed suspicious but hey i just flipped a coin saying masq/veldril. I had too much catch up to do in the first few days so i said i would wait i got enough attention and here i am, in the last 2 pages, i like my name being said about 20x. :D
I honestly dunno how i would defend my case of not being a vamp but if someone were to support me, halp~


Don't believe you. especially since you edited your post, we really dont know what you really edited. Defending yourself as vamp doesnt necessary mean you couldnt be mafia anyway. KENPACHI is on the chopping block
With no power, comes no responsibility.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 21 2010 21:34 GMT
#2398
Right now, I am going to be voting for Metalface. This is based on Khris's very in depth analysis, and the fact that kenpachi is about to (read: should) be modkilled, so there's no need to place my vote on him.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
October 21 2010 21:35 GMT
#2399
man carlson you make me feel so bad right now
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
October 21 2010 21:36 GMT
#2400
well ima say my farewells i guess. hf. im not vamp or mafia
but doesnt matter anymore cause im probably gonna get modkilled ;;
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 225
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko340
SHIN 225
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42436
Bisu 2461
Shuttle 1812
Hyuk 1730
Soma 446
EffOrt 443
Larva 398
Mini 388
ZerO 325
firebathero 216
[ Show more ]
Last 113
hero 94
Zeus 66
Pusan 54
Sexy 53
Trap 49
Hyun 48
Bale 43
Killer 38
Hm[arnc] 36
Aegong 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
zelot 22
Noble 17
sorry 17
yabsab 10
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 7
Rock 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5006
qojqva1434
Dendi943
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor952
crisheroes795
Liquid`Hasu188
Other Games
gofns40541
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1221
Happy338
DeMusliM238
Livibee203
Liquid`VortiX91
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS70
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9023
League of Legends
• Jankos1756
Other Games
• WagamamaTV224
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 43m
INu's Battles
22h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.