• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:13
CEST 20:13
KST 03:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8901 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 49

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 180 Next
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
February 23 2011 03:31 GMT
#961
Well I have no excuse for what I did and I can just use this time to take a break from mafia lol.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
February 23 2011 04:02 GMT
#962
I'll be using Mafia XXXVII for my ban.
Whaaaa?
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 04:07:44
February 23 2011 04:06 GMT
#963
On February 23 2011 12:31 ilovejonn wrote:
Well I have no excuse for what I did and I can just use this time to take a break from mafia lol.

Yeah but it's still weird for me! I haven't been yelled at in like 5 bans! And the last 2 people even said thanks to me! WEIRD!
Uff Da
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
February 23 2011 04:16 GMT
#964
On February 23 2011 13:06 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 12:31 ilovejonn wrote:
Well I have no excuse for what I did and I can just use this time to take a break from mafia lol.

Yeah but it's still weird for me! I haven't been yelled at in like 5 bans! And the last 2 people even said thanks to me! WEIRD!

CURSE YOU YOU LITTLE Qatol WHYD YOU BAN MEEEE?!?!?

Your. Streak. Is. Over.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 23 2011 04:32 GMT
#965
On February 23 2011 09:34 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 02:47 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I guess put Misder as serving his 1 game ban. I replaced him in XXXVII. Sorry about that Qatol, thanks for the PM. I actually read your message in thread but forgot to remove him from the player list.

I want him to actually say he is sitting out the game (either here or through PM to me). I know it seems a bit rigid/formalistic, but I'd just like to see the effort made.

I feel like I know you too well. without reading that I knew you would want that and PMed him to post here to make sure it counted.

Its like the father-son connection.
+ Show Spoiler +
just don't beat me
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 07:08:33
February 23 2011 07:07 GMT
#966
On February 23 2011 13:16 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 13:06 Qatol wrote:
On February 23 2011 12:31 ilovejonn wrote:
Well I have no excuse for what I did and I can just use this time to take a break from mafia lol.

Yeah but it's still weird for me! I haven't been yelled at in like 5 bans! And the last 2 people even said thanks to me! WEIRD!

CURSE YOU YOU LITTLE Qatol WHYD YOU BAN MEEEE?!?!?

Your. Streak. Is. Over.

You weren't banned. Besides, your little squeaks hardly count as yelling.

On February 23 2011 13:32 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 09:34 Qatol wrote:
On February 23 2011 02:47 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I guess put Misder as serving his 1 game ban. I replaced him in XXXVII. Sorry about that Qatol, thanks for the PM. I actually read your message in thread but forgot to remove him from the player list.

I want him to actually say he is sitting out the game (either here or through PM to me). I know it seems a bit rigid/formalistic, but I'd just like to see the effort made.

I feel like I know you too well. without reading that I knew you would want that and PMed him to post here to make sure it counted.

Its like the father-son connection.
+ Show Spoiler +
just don't beat me

Nah you haven't done anything deserving my belt yet.
And I'm glad you have figured out how I like things. I'd like to think I'm not making it hard to figure out how I want things to work in this thread.
Uff Da
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
February 23 2011 07:11 GMT
#967
On June 22 2010 08:49 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2010 16:41 Incognito wrote:
Gone gone gone gone gone so I couldn't update my OP. Now Back Back Back Back. But my game is over :O

redtooth
ohN
RoL
~OpZ~

all for the banlist...I guess these invite only games just don't work. Oh wells I guess we just won't have them anymore...also, so many theme games...

OP updated. Happy now Qatol?

Oh what's that?
redtooth
Incognito
ohN
RoL
~OpZ~
need to be added? Can do!


I was banned (sorta)! And I don't squeak. Well, maybe squeaking is more annoying.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 23 2011 07:22 GMT
#968
squeak squeak squeak
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 23 2011 12:53 GMT
#969
incog y u ban me bro?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
February 23 2011 13:09 GMT
#970
dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzam that ban list is long
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 23 2011 15:45 GMT
#971
On February 23 2011 22:09 Ace wrote:
dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzam that ban list is long

Yeah I was thinking of taking people off (assuming they're just standard inactivity modkills) after a year just to make the list a little easier for people to read. I doubt most of those people will be coming back anyways. Are people okay with this?
Uff Da
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
February 23 2011 17:15 GMT
#972
On February 24 2011 00:45 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 22:09 Ace wrote:
dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzam that ban list is long

Yeah I was thinking of taking people off (assuming they're just standard inactivity modkills) after a year just to make the list a little easier for people to read. I doubt most of those people will be coming back anyways. Are people okay with this?

Absolutely! A shorter 6 months might also be ok - I don't see many people "taking advantage" of that system. If someone wants to come back they will have plenty of chances to sit out games well before the 6 months are up. Otherwise they most likely do not care & do not plan to return.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 23 2011 17:38 GMT
#973
On February 24 2011 02:15 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 00:45 Qatol wrote:
On February 23 2011 22:09 Ace wrote:
dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzam that ban list is long

Yeah I was thinking of taking people off (assuming they're just standard inactivity modkills) after a year just to make the list a little easier for people to read. I doubt most of those people will be coming back anyways. Are people okay with this?

Absolutely! A shorter 6 months might also be ok - I don't see many people "taking advantage" of that system. If someone wants to come back they will have plenty of chances to sit out games well before the 6 months are up. Otherwise they most likely do not care & do not plan to return.

I would like it to be a little longer than that just to get the people who only play during summer and winter vacation. But moving it down to like 9 months is fine if people would rather see that.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 23 2011 21:26 GMT
#974
That seems like a good method, since a lot of modkills will probably never come around here again.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 22:36:02
February 23 2011 22:35 GMT
#975
I vote for 1 year. I don't want to see people try to sign up for a summer game, get banned, and never show up to the next summer, only to be let in again. If they want back in they at least have to show some sign of caring.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 23 2011 22:42 GMT
#976
Why not just base the modkills on time? Like 1 week ban, 2 week ban, etc?
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 23 2011 23:10 GMT
#977
Because we want something longer lasting that actually has an impact. If I get modkilled and get a 1 week ban from mafia for it, I can show up a week later and apply to another game? That is hardly a punishment.

Also does this mean I get removed off double secret probation!?!?!
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 24 2011 07:24 GMT
#978
will my warning ever disappear =[ that unsightly blemish...
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 24 2011 09:26 GMT
#979
IMO we should make an effort to expand the player base greatly and make the standard mafia game invite only or non modkilled players only.

Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 24 2011 13:36 GMT
#980
On February 24 2011 18:26 Coagulation wrote:
IMO we should make an effort to expand the player base greatly and make the standard mafia game invite only or non modkilled players only.


Expanding the active player base on that scale is a lot more easily said than done. If you have a good idea for doing that, I would love to hear it. Also I'm not entirely sure that such a policy is really in the best interest of the forum. You realize you are excluding players such as Ver, BC, and RoL even though there were extenuating circumstances in each of their modkills. This is why the Ban List isn't just a list of permabanned players. A system like what you are proposing doesn't give any leeway for players who reform or just had a bad week/ a crappy situation happen to them.

On February 24 2011 16:24 chaoser wrote:
will my warning ever disappear =[ that unsightly blemish...

There currently is no procedure in place for removing warnings other than it goes away when you get banned the next time. Should there be? I'm not currently keeping track of when warnings happened, though there aren't so many that I couldn't go through the list and figure that out if necessary.

On February 24 2011 07:42 darmousseh wrote:
Why not just base the modkills on time? Like 1 week ban, 2 week ban, etc?

There are a couple of reasons for this:

1. This list isn't automated. I manually make every update and change to it. As a result, I manually remove people when their sentences are up, unlike bans on normal TL. It is a lot of work for me as it is. I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I had to keep track of times for each player and removing them based upon that. At least this way I can just go through when a game is over and make one update for all of the people who were sitting out that game.

2. A punishment based upon time may have a huge effect or may have no effect at all based upon what point in a game the player was modkilled. A player modkilled for a week at the end of Orgah Mafia wouldn't be able to play in any of the 3 games which started right around when it ended. However, a player modkilled for a week at the beginning of Orgah wouldn't be barred from any games at all. This is obviously unfair.

This is pretty much why we decided to base punishments on games which the player otherwise would have played in.

As for the 1 year thing, I assume people wouldn't mind if I base it upon when the thread for the game in which that player was banned was created? A lot of games didn't link to the wrapup posts and I don't really want to wade through them to figure out when the game ended. And I certainly don't want to figure out when each individual player was banned and update based upon that.
Uff Da
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 536
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22242
Calm 3881
Mini 345
Mind 88
910 79
Free 54
Trap 37
Aegong 32
soO 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7430
XaKoH 455
canceldota16
Counter-Strike
fl0m5189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2838
Other Games
singsing2022
FrodaN871
Beastyqt632
B2W.Neo563
mouzStarbuck303
Livibee186
Liquid`Hasu168
C9.Mang0160
Khaldor150
Trikslyr125
RotterdaM123
KnowMe90
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 26
MindelVK10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2216
Other Games
• Shiphtur809
• imaqtpie628
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 47m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 47m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.