• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9061 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 41

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 180 Next
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 08:03:04
December 23 2010 07:58 GMT
#801
Oh it doesnt look like that in the OP. This is chaoser's first ban, correct? If so, I'd just say give him a 1 game ban and count the warning towards his next ban. i.e. next game is a 4 game ban instead of 3. I see this more as a genuine mistake. As far as I remember chaoser doesn't appear on my list of assumed inactives.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
December 23 2010 08:14 GMT
#802
On December 23 2010 16:58 Incognito wrote:
Oh it doesnt look like that in the OP. This is chaoser's first ban, correct? If so, I'd just say give him a 1 game ban and count the warning towards his next ban. i.e. next game is a 4 game ban instead of 3. I see this more as a genuine mistake. As far as I remember chaoser doesn't appear on my list of assumed inactives.

If you are modkilled for going inactive in 2 games at once, your Banned Game Count will be calculated as if you were modkilled in one game and warned in the other.

Regular modkill with no history = 1 game, warning = +1 game. Total = 2 games. What is different?

And I hadn't thought of putting them on the warning list after removing them. I do like the idea that once you've served out a ban, your slate has been wiped clean though. A lingering warning goes against that a bit. However, it is definitely one possible solution.
Uff Da
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 23 2010 09:00 GMT
#803
On December 23 2010 17:14 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2010 16:58 Incognito wrote:
Oh it doesnt look like that in the OP. This is chaoser's first ban, correct? If so, I'd just say give him a 1 game ban and count the warning towards his next ban. i.e. next game is a 4 game ban instead of 3. I see this more as a genuine mistake. As far as I remember chaoser doesn't appear on my list of assumed inactives.

Show nested quote +
If you are modkilled for going inactive in 2 games at once, your Banned Game Count will be calculated as if you were modkilled in one game and warned in the other.

Regular modkill with no history = 1 game, warning = +1 game. Total = 2 games. What is different?

And I hadn't thought of putting them on the warning list after removing them. I do like the idea that once you've served out a ban, your slate has been wiped clean though. A lingering warning goes against that a bit. However, it is definitely one possible solution.


Warning is usually for the next game, right? I guess it all has to do with the order you hand out the ban + warning or warning + ban. I'd go with deferring the second ban. Its a nice ideal to have a "clean slate" after youve served your ban, but lets face it, in reality your slate isn't clean even with the current rules. Your next ban is upped to a 3 game ban. If you really had a clean slate, the next ban would still be a 1 game ban. I don't see how this deviates from the current ideal of the ban list.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
December 23 2010 10:04 GMT
#804
I think this is a good point to stop and ask what other people think. In particular, I'd like to hear from annul and DrH, seeing as how they're the ones whose games were disrupted by this in the first place.
Uff Da
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
December 23 2010 12:51 GMT
#805
Can I exempt from my ban? It's my first time playing mafia and I wasn't really inactive. I even posted before the voting deadline but I forgot about the voting thread and just voted myself in the mafia thread instead. I forgot voting for yourself as a placeholder only applies when electing the mayor... I'm still new to the game and I promise I won't do it again. =[
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
December 23 2010 16:14 GMT
#806
You should ask the host of whatever game you got modkilled in.

So PM annul and beg for your life. ;D
boomer hands
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 17:18:40
December 23 2010 17:16 GMT
#807
On December 23 2010 19:04 Qatol wrote:
I think this is a good point to stop and ask what other people think. In particular, I'd like to hear from annul and DrH, seeing as how they're the ones whose games were disrupted by this in the first place.



if someone signs up to two games at once and then goes inactive to get modkill, we should weigh in the factors behind this in assessing bans

if there is a legit reason, i am fine with a 1 game ban for both inactivity infractions. i understand shit comes up but it takes you 30 seconds to post "emergency came up, cant participate this cycle, pls be lenient" and then hosts will at least know what is going on, and you can explain yourself when you return

if it is so egregious that you really cant, then we should consider that too.

compare: "i had to focus on my schoolwork so i couldnt play" with "my mom had a heart attack during dinner and we immediately went to the hospital and stayed there for two days" - the first one, i would expect you to put school first but you should have 30 seconds to post "i cant play this game cycle" for our sakes.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 23 2010 17:16 GMT
#808
On December 23 2010 21:51 ilovejonn wrote:
Can I exempt from my ban? It's my first time playing mafia and I wasn't really inactive. I even posted before the voting deadline but I forgot about the voting thread and just voted myself in the mafia thread instead. I forgot voting for yourself as a placeholder only applies when electing the mayor... I'm still new to the game and I promise I won't do it again. =[



i defer to the community for this one. am willing to be reversed and remanded if there is consensus
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
December 23 2010 18:12 GMT
#809
On December 24 2010 02:16 annul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2010 21:51 ilovejonn wrote:
Can I exempt from my ban? It's my first time playing mafia and I wasn't really inactive. I even posted before the voting deadline but I forgot about the voting thread and just voted myself in the mafia thread instead. I forgot voting for yourself as a placeholder only applies when electing the mayor... I'm still new to the game and I promise I won't do it again. =[



i defer to the community for this one. am willing to be reversed and remanded if there is consensus


I think a warning is fine. I'm happy cos town actually won
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
December 23 2010 19:28 GMT
#810
ilovejonn did the only proper analys of another player in that game
Bartundar
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
December 23 2010 19:57 GMT
#811
ilovejonn made a newbie mistake. he shouldnt be banned for it.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
December 23 2010 21:36 GMT
#812
Wait, so am I banned for one game? Can I use Ace's game then? I wrote in the thread for pokemafia that I had finals coming up and would be a bit less active, I just didn't expect to have to cover 3 more ER shifts. Sorry for HP mafia though, that was totally my fault, I shouldn't have joined two games at the same time.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 23 2010 23:33 GMT
#813
On December 24 2010 03:12 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2010 02:16 annul wrote:
On December 23 2010 21:51 ilovejonn wrote:
Can I exempt from my ban? It's my first time playing mafia and I wasn't really inactive. I even posted before the voting deadline but I forgot about the voting thread and just voted myself in the mafia thread instead. I forgot voting for yourself as a placeholder only applies when electing the mayor... I'm still new to the game and I promise I won't do it again. =[



i defer to the community for this one. am willing to be reversed and remanded if there is consensus


I think a warning is fine. I'm happy cos town actually won

If my opinion matters at all, I will always er to the side of leniency. Let it slide with a warning.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 23 2010 23:35 GMT
#814
Host of the game gets the final word in my opinion. I'd say let him slide.

...I'm getting old.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
December 24 2010 03:03 GMT
#815
Im sitting out of RoL's Team mini mafia
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
December 24 2010 03:07 GMT
#816
Okay it looks like a warning instead of a ban for ilovejonn.
What do people think about Chaoser?
Still waiting on Gabriel to comment.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-24 13:13:26
December 24 2010 12:34 GMT
#817
I think warning for chaoser, he wasn't in my games though. I would like him to play in TMM3 as a vet though.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-24 18:02:25
December 24 2010 18:00 GMT
#818
On December 24 2010 12:03 Kenpachi wrote:
Im sitting out of RoL's Team mini mafia

It's a mini game, so you're going to have to clear that with RoL first.
On December 24 2010 21:34 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I think warning for chaoser, he wasn't in my games though. I would like him to play in TMM3 as a vet though.

I don't think anyone else is arguing for just a warning. However, if you really want him to play, just make your game not follow the ban list.
Uff Da
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
December 24 2010 18:20 GMT
#819
I think Chaoser should get off. Give him a lingering warning, that will be wiped off after his next game or next two or something.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
December 24 2010 18:22 GMT
#820
On December 22 2010 00:48 Amber[LighT] wrote:
I thought martyrdom wasn't tolerated in TL mafia? It directly violates one of the most important rules of the game:

2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.

It sucks to watch that game go from 'meh' to 'not too bad' to 'what the fuck?' in a matter of days because of a few players.

**It sucks to watch any TL mafia game do the above.

Lol...

Did you not play in Callers "Three Kingdoms" game? Lol...Mad funny because everyone betrayed there win condition. Hesmyrr for god mode of the game. haha
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 852
BeSt 311
sorry 78
Mind 69
Soma 37
Bale 27
ZergMaN 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
League of Legends
JimRising 649
Other Games
summit1g9234
Coldzera 721
WinterStarcraft684
C9.Mang0313
Sick201
febbydoto14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2205
Other Games
• Shiphtur866
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 1m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.