• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:20
CEST 04:20
KST 11:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8062 users

Incognito's TL Mafia XVI - Page 78

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 95 Next
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
January 27 2010 23:04 GMT
#1541
Oh right lol.. he was the one who wasn't blue that day...
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
January 27 2010 23:19 GMT
#1542
OK, to me it seems that the case against Dr. Helvetica is fairly closed by the majority.

However, with our apparent less than stellar clue interpretation so far, I do not feel like the double lynch is warranted yet, unless you guys are 100% sure that with tomorrow's clues we will be able to find out a mafia person.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
January 27 2010 23:21 GMT
#1543
I'd also like to point out how Phrujbaz said that I should be lynched without giving any further information on his decision.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 27 2010 23:26 GMT
#1544
On January 28 2010 08:19 Nikoner wrote:
OK, to me it seems that the case against Dr. Helvetica is fairly closed by the majority.

However, with our apparent less than stellar clue interpretation so far, I do not feel like the double lynch is warranted yet, unless you guys are 100% sure that with tomorrow's clues we will be able to find out a mafia person.


I think we already have stellar clues about at least two guesses which won't get any more stellar with more murders from their account, nor would the suspicion die down in their case.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 27 2010 23:27 GMT
#1545
On January 28 2010 08:19 Nikoner wrote:
OK, to me it seems that the case against Dr. Helvetica is fairly closed by the majority.

However, with our apparent less than stellar clue interpretation so far, I do not feel like the double lynch is warranted yet, unless you guys are 100% sure that with tomorrow's clues we will be able to find out a mafia person.


I think at this point, even if the town does score a victory tonight, we are still basically all-inning.
Did you guys see the Kwanflow?

ALL IN! => Is the game over? => No (where we stand) => ALL IN!

With four days of clues and a decreasing number of people in the game, we have a higher chance each day of striking.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Moloch
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada222 Posts
January 28 2010 00:11 GMT
#1546
On January 28 2010 08:19 Nikoner wrote:
OK, to me it seems that the case against Dr. Helvetica is fairly closed by the majority.

However, with our apparent less than stellar clue interpretation so far, I do not feel like the double lynch is warranted yet, unless you guys are 100% sure that with tomorrow's clues we will be able to find out a mafia person.


The thing with the double lynch is it gives us twice the chance to get one mafia. We don't have to get two to come out ahead. If we get one mafia and one townie, we'll still be ahead of where we would be if we only lynched a townie.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 28 2010 00:14 GMT
#1547
I think if we score two out of three we are fine.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 28 2010 00:18 GMT
#1548
Yeah, with 2 down it's definitely so, since then the next clues will point out even more.
Best case scenario though, we get THREE mafia (small probability) and reduce KP.
But, yeah.

T-minus two hours(ish) now. Here goes nothing, zerglings.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
January 28 2010 01:17 GMT
#1549
On January 27 2010 22:35 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2010 14:41 Mystlord wrote:
On January 27 2010 14:15 citi.zen wrote:
On January 27 2010 14:06 Mystlord wrote:
So you're going to lynch based on the fact that my name is "close enough" to the word "mist"? I cannot see the logical connection that you're making there. This is what my name is actually referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst

I'm posting that link because it seems that people are stymied as to an alternative interpretation of the first half of my name.


You are very likely red if DrH turns red. It is your behavior, as much as the clues that raise questions at this time. Even now you are trying to suggest stalling and going after keit/free/etc. instead of following the hard evidence obtained by lynching DrH. You are further trying to confuse matters by suggesting that either keit or DrH, but not both, have to be red - when this is clearly not the case at this point int the game. I just don't see it, sorry. It is not personal, I never even really suspected you before today.

I'm only advocating a keit lynch because I believed that it would almost certainly reveal who was mafia and who wasn't.


Please explain who your other suspects are if keit flipped red. I am willing to keep an open mind. Note that we will have a double lynch, and possibly a vigilante to use. We need 2/3 or 3/3 hits to get mafia kp to 2.

Sorry for the late reply. I was at school and then I took a nap :3.

Initially I wanted to lynch keit because I feared losing the incarceration power, but then I went back, read my post, and realized that I pretty much failed to take into account the possibility that keit was a blue. Now while it's unlikely that a blue would spearhead the attack, the PM confirmed my suspicion that keit was acting like a maverick, whether he is mafia or town. Anyway, if keit is blue, then that would really explode my argument on DoctorHelvetica 3 times over, considering that I went back to the first post and realized that you can only use the incarceration power twice (thought it was like the medic power - daily use).

Now directly addressing your question citi.zen, I felt that lynching keit would confirm 1) whether DH was town or mafia (which several people pointed out was false. I'm personally on a fence now.) 2) The motivation behind his posting, which I found to be rather suspicious. When I went back and looked through keit's posts, I found that keit generally had inconsistent play. Initially, he voted for DoctorHelvetica just out of the blue. No explanation at all in the thread. Then he voted for restraint on day 2, while a lot of people were pushing for a kane]deth[ lynch. On day 3 (or the end of day 2), he brought up the scalpel clue which led to the beginning of the movement to lynch DH. Now that to me was just strange. I didn't really get why keit would vote DH, then pretty much work against him for the entirety of the game. That, combined with my logic that both keit nor DH could be mafia, led me to go for a keit lynch because I was certain that lynching keit would confirm or deny DH's innocence, but that wasn't the case.

Regardless, I have to go get ready for an interivew. I'm not voting to lynch keit anymore, and if DH flips red (which I'm almost certain he will at this point, especially adding in the fact that he retracted his vote for the double lynch), then I know that I'll be the next one on the list regardless of whatever I try to say, so whatever guys. It's been nice playing with you.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Jugan
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1566 Posts
January 28 2010 01:55 GMT
#1550
On January 28 2010 10:17 Mystlord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2010 22:35 citi.zen wrote:
On January 27 2010 14:41 Mystlord wrote:
On January 27 2010 14:15 citi.zen wrote:
On January 27 2010 14:06 Mystlord wrote:
So you're going to lynch based on the fact that my name is "close enough" to the word "mist"? I cannot see the logical connection that you're making there. This is what my name is actually referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst

I'm posting that link because it seems that people are stymied as to an alternative interpretation of the first half of my name.


You are very likely red if DrH turns red. It is your behavior, as much as the clues that raise questions at this time. Even now you are trying to suggest stalling and going after keit/free/etc. instead of following the hard evidence obtained by lynching DrH. You are further trying to confuse matters by suggesting that either keit or DrH, but not both, have to be red - when this is clearly not the case at this point int the game. I just don't see it, sorry. It is not personal, I never even really suspected you before today.

I'm only advocating a keit lynch because I believed that it would almost certainly reveal who was mafia and who wasn't.


Please explain who your other suspects are if keit flipped red. I am willing to keep an open mind. Note that we will have a double lynch, and possibly a vigilante to use. We need 2/3 or 3/3 hits to get mafia kp to 2.

Sorry for the late reply. I was at school and then I took a nap :3.

Initially I wanted to lynch keit because I feared losing the incarceration power, but then I went back, read my post, and realized that I pretty much failed to take into account the possibility that keit was a blue. Now while it's unlikely that a blue would spearhead the attack, the PM confirmed my suspicion that keit was acting like a maverick, whether he is mafia or town. Anyway, if keit is blue, then that would really explode my argument on DoctorHelvetica 3 times over, considering that I went back to the first post and realized that you can only use the incarceration power twice (thought it was like the medic power - daily use).

Now directly addressing your question citi.zen, I felt that lynching keit would confirm 1) whether DH was town or mafia (which several people pointed out was false. I'm personally on a fence now.) 2) The motivation behind his posting, which I found to be rather suspicious. When I went back and looked through keit's posts, I found that keit generally had inconsistent play. Initially, he voted for DoctorHelvetica just out of the blue. No explanation at all in the thread. Then he voted for restraint on day 2, while a lot of people were pushing for a kane]deth[ lynch. On day 3 (or the end of day 2), he brought up the scalpel clue which led to the beginning of the movement to lynch DH. Now that to me was just strange. I didn't really get why keit would vote DH, then pretty much work against him for the entirety of the game. That, combined with my logic that both keit nor DH could be mafia, led me to go for a keit lynch because I was certain that lynching keit would confirm or deny DH's innocence, but that wasn't the case.

Regardless, I have to go get ready for an interivew. I'm not voting to lynch keit anymore, and if DH flips red (which I'm almost certain he will at this point, especially adding in the fact that he retracted his vote for the double lynch), then I know that I'll be the next one on the list regardless of whatever I try to say, so whatever guys. It's been nice playing with you.


I hold firm in the belief that you should not be lynched next.
Even a Savior couldn't fix all problems. www.twitch.tv/xJugan
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-28 07:40:19
January 28 2010 02:02 GMT
#1551
[image loading]


Night 3

Buzzing with anticipation from the recent revelations of the day, the town swarmed around the town square to watch the lynch. Thanks to some clever deductions, they were sure they had found a Mafia member this time. The jubilation had a vengeful air to it, for this particular Mafia suspect had won their trust and attained the position of Sheriff. Now they would put him to the ultimate test, administered at the end of a finely honed blade.

The townspeople jostled each other in their excitement and grinned like children at a carnival when they caught sight of the defeated yet still defiant DoctorHelvetica. Some enterprising souls were even selling popcorn and cheese puffs on the side. As DoctorHelvetica was led to the guillotine, the entire town held its breath. The blade flashed down, and DoctorHelvetica's head tumbled with grotesque slowness into a basket.

Fueled by this success, the crowd decided to push their luck and demanded for the lynches of two more suspects who had been strangely quiet during this whole commotion. The chanting in the town square grew into a frenzy, but quickly died down as skronch's head rolled into the basket. Shocked, the townspeople looked at each other nervously, fearing that their luck had run dry. However, as Jayme's head fell into the basket in, the crowd burst into elation and ran through the streets partying until late into the night. Seems like they forgot that the mafia are still around...

***

DoctorHelvetica has been lynched.

skronch and Jayme have been modkilled for inactivity.

Night roles, please send in your actions to either me or dreamflower as soon as possible. You have until 9:00 PM EST on Thursday January 28 to turn them in.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
January 28 2010 02:04 GMT
#1552
JohannesH incarcerated? I wonder why... on that note HELL YEAH!!! Tonight we've tasted mafia blood.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 28 2010 02:08 GMT
#1553
ziziyO
RIP Aaliyah
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
January 28 2010 02:09 GMT
#1554
Omg wow, 2 mafias! Things are looking very good now.

And I thought that sheriff couldn't use his power if he was lynched? Seems he can ><
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
January 28 2010 02:13 GMT
#1555
Oh well.. it gives us another clue, although he might be putting some doubt in our minds... Johannes has basically nothing in his profile to tie him to any clues.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 28 2010 02:16 GMT
#1556
Great job on tonight's vote, we're on the right track.

Jayme was on my short list for the next lynching, but we got him mod-killed, which is also fine - it means we have 5 mafia left. Remember, we will use a vigilante hit next night cycle, and a double lynching is coming up after that next. If we go 1/3 mafia is down to 2KP. If we go 3/3 they are are down to 1 KP.

Tonight we party.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 28 2010 02:26 GMT
#1557
On January 28 2010 08:21 Nikoner wrote:
I'd also like to point out how Phrujbaz said that I should be lynched without giving any further information on his decision.


You mean this:

On January 22 2010 10:57 Nikoner wrote:
Yeah, day ends in 3-4 minutes.

Personally, I think we should lynch Phrujbaz, he beats me 1v1 too much to be an upstanding citizen >


On January 22 2010 21:03 Phrujbaz wrote:
I think we should lynch Nikoner. It's obvious he is Mafia.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 28 2010 02:37 GMT
#1558
On January 27 2010 09:51 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Back your shit up instead of making arrogant jokes and acting like you know something everyone doesn't.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 28 2010 02:38 GMT
#1559
On January 28 2010 11:37 Ng5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2010 09:51 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Back your shit up instead of making arrogant jokes and acting like you know something everyone doesn't.


I stand by that statement.
RIP Aaliyah
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 28 2010 02:38 GMT
#1560
^Cough cough, Jayme, cough cough.
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech166
RuFF_SC2 138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18320
Rain 1576
GuemChi 905
sorry 53
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever456
NeuroSwarm205
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 443
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox969
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g7385
JimRising 557
WinterStarcraft516
C9.Mang0165
ViBE135
ZombieGrub14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick849
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 179
• davetesta39
• Letter143
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt236
Other Games
• Scarra962
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 40m
INu's Battles
8h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 40m
OSC
19h 55m
Replay Cast
20h 40m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.