• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:43
CEST 11:43
KST 18:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6356 users

[NA LCS] Summer Playoffs Week 1 - Page 5

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 74 75 76 Next
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
August 22 2014 21:03 GMT
#81
A Ziggs getting outroamed by an Orianna. Yikes.
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 21:05:02
August 22 2014 21:04 GMT
#82
On August 23 2014 06:00 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 05:43 Redox wrote:
I will be disappointed if Coast doesnt win this. They are like the only NA challenger team where I have some hope they might win in promos.


are T8 and CST the 2 "topdogs" of the NACS? If so you guys think if Curse goes to relegation they would pick rather "harder" match in either of them instead of doing essentially a teamkill if they pick CA?

I think at this point coast are somewhat cleanly first with T8/CA second and LoLpro a somewhat distant third. That towerdive was beautiful from coast though
Then coast does that pls >_<
Glorious SEA doto
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 21:33:18
August 22 2014 21:33 GMT
#83
On August 23 2014 06:00 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 05:43 Redox wrote:
I will be disappointed if Coast doesnt win this. They are like the only NA challenger team where I have some hope they might win in promos.


are T8 and CST the 2 "topdogs" of the NACS? If so you guys think if Curse goes to relegation they would pick rather "harder" match in either of them instead of doing essentially a teamkill if they pick CA?


T8 is hit-or-miss, that's why we're considering them as 3rd best NACS team here and not 2nd, right behind improved CA and Coast.
If Curse goes to relegation, they will clearly hit T8/LolPro, T8's planning sucks and they will most likely crumble 1-3 in bo5 because Curse will lose one game by waiting 50 minutes until enemy pentacore wins.

Jokes aside, i was rewatching Code S groups selection on Korean and suddenly North America happened? Coast pls, don't choke like NiP.

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
August 22 2014 21:40 GMT
#84
If maplestreet makes it back to LCS, I want a 1 week ban.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
August 22 2014 21:54 GMT
#85
Haydal with the burns.



Anyway, if Coast don't choke tomorrow, i still don't think that anyone but coL is going to play them.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
August 22 2014 22:00 GMT
#86
challenger teams this time look good. Maybe we see some go threw. Especially EU LCS needs a few new teams to increase the value.
Science>Mechanics
Affenaffe
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany1386 Posts
August 22 2014 22:15 GMT
#87
how common is full ap gragas? i thought his new kit has pretty bad ap ratios, would've expected a tankier build
Owned Noob
Profile Joined April 2010
United States731 Posts
August 22 2014 22:16 GMT
#88
that was the first nacs game ive ever seen and team 8 actually looked pretty good LOL
jaedong the man with the huge dong
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 22:23:21
August 22 2014 22:22 GMT
#89
On August 23 2014 07:00 TitusVI wrote:
challenger teams this time look good. Maybe we see some go threw. Especially EU LCS needs a few new teams to increase the value.

Hm for me it was the opposite. I dont expect much anymore, especially not fro NA challenger. EU maybe. But you never know. We have already seen very strange things happening.
Off-season = best season
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 22 2014 23:00 GMT
#90
I'm generally suprised when any CS team get into LCS, but right now I'm pretty hyped about SKP and H2K, not sure about NA ones though. Anyway, it's playoff games next so time for PREDICSHUNS! Just for the record, my EU ones were pretty accurate, though not very hard to make :p (except I overestimated fucking millenium, dammit). Skipping CS this time, straight to LCS:

TSM vs DIG
+ Show Spoiler +
This one's easy TSM for me. Everything seems to have been written on this topic - DIG never got rid of their shotcalling problems, they are consistently mediocre and quite frankly, I don't even think their players are very talented. In fact, I think every single member of TSM outperforms their DIG counterpart. I think dongers will take a game or two because of one good strat, a good early game and some risky calls that TSM will respond to poorly. But overall, I'm pretty confident in TSM winning.


CLG vs CRS
+ Show Spoiler +
OK, so jokes aside, I'm actually one leg on the CRS-for-Worlds hypetrain. Obviously #elephantonfire has a reputation for some of the best early game in NA, preparing good comps, lane swaps and good coordination in ganks, invades and taking objectives. Quas is pretty fucking good (2nd best top in NA in my opinion), so is Xpecial (though he's facing against #1 NA, and has a much worse ADC). While Voy definitely isn't the best midlaner, neither is Link, and the former was in a better shape recently. I also have to say that after hearing Flame's opinion on whether players should pursue the meta or play comfort picks, I don't really see Voy's champion pool as a gimmick, especially considering how well the rest of the team is playing around it.

So, I see a possibility in CRS winning. I kinda want to see it. But I'll still say 3:2 for CLG. First of all, I believe in korean bootcamp hype. Second of all, if it get's to late game and CRS don't have 15k gold advantage, they'll crumble. And finally, CLG are currently more clutch. I think CRS will win the early game in more than half games, I believe they might be even able to snowball it on backs of Xpecial and Quas. But CLG are definitely capable of C9-esque turn around where they catch CRS off guard, get an advantage and hold on to it. Or Aphro will simply carry his entire team, wouldn't be the first time


5th place match
+ Show Spoiler +
I'll assume that TSM qualify for semis and if they don't, then they are just heartbroken, play like shit and lose to both CRS and CLG. If CLG play against DIG, then they prepare for the match just enough to get carried by Aphro

Most probable is CRS vs DIG. Now, CRS problem is that they might shoot themselves out of strategies against CLG and have too low morale to prepare for another match. On the other hand, they might be ready to lose against CLG and fight to get as high placing as possible. I generally think it's in CRS favor, but don't really have a solid reasoning - I just think DIG has neither skill, nor determination to beat focused CRS.


LMQ vs TSM/DIG
+ Show Spoiler +
OK, so if you read my posts in EU playoffs thread, you know I'm quite a fan of current TSM lineup. In fact, I think they have the most talent across the board among NA teams. And now that they finally found a good replacement for Xpecial, I don't think they have an excuse to perform poorly, especially after a month of practice (Amazing's absence shouldn't hurt them much, as they had a replacement jungler to scrim with while Amazing had time to practice new champions in soloq). While LMQ have a lot of talent on their side too, I think TSM at least match them in that aspect and tend to show better strategic play. I dunno, I just baylieve, 3-1 for TSM.


C9 vs CLG/CRS
+ Show Spoiler +
Well, not much to say here, C9 is back in shape and their solidness and adaptiveness should be enough to handle CRS. As for CLG, they are pretty much C9 light. Rush hour could perhaps outperform Sneakynation, maybe Dexter randomly channels his inner beast and solo carries CLG through early and mid game. But on average, I think it's in C9 hands. There's really not much to say at this point, C9 just consistently prove to be a great team, and now that Hai finally has time to leave the chain of learning a champ that soon gets nerfed/falls out of meta, I'm expecting some dominant performance.


3rd place match
+ Show Spoiler +
So, I'm confident in C9 in semi and TSM in quarter, so 4 possible matchups:

TSM vs CLG - Well, if TSM can't do it against LMQ, then neither can they against CLG. I think CLG will be better at neutralizing TSM strenghts and punishing their weaknesses... Which isn't to say that CLG is definitely a better team than LMQ, but they are smarter. And while TSM have shown improvement in terms of their strategic play, they still rely on individual talent of their players a lot. If the combination of talent and strategy isn't enough to take out LMQ, then it means that players aren't as good individually as I thought, which in turn means that CLG should be able to handle them until mid-late where they take control.

LMQ vs CLG - Well, I think this one is purely performance based. If both teams are at their best, then I'd give it to CLG. However, CLG were pretty much never at their best yet (every time one player shined, someone else had a slump), and LMQ were pretty consistent throughout the season, although the last week wasn't very promising, so I really can't call it.

TSM vs CRS - I think CRS might decide that 3rd place match is their best bet at getting to Worlds, hide their strats against C9 and only show them against TSM, who themselves will probably try their hardest and use every possible strat against LMQ. So this might actually be a good chance for CRS to catch TSM off-guard in 2 games and then somehow clutch one more. But it's still the dark horse scenario and I'm expecting TSM to dismantle CRS, probably dropping a game or two, but winning the rest in a convincing fashion.

LMQ vs CRS - Well, this is another match I don't think CRS can win. I just think at some point CRS will hit a wall (a failed dive, a bad dragon fight) and won't recover.


FINAL
+ Show Spoiler +
C9 is an easy favorite in both matches, but I'm not sure how much of a favorite. Perhaps LMQ will enjoy the bo5 format and be more adaptive/clutch than C9. Perhaps TSM can catch C9 off guard with a well prepared strategy and solid performance. But if C9's 1st place in regular season says anything, it's that even with a lung-less midlaner, they are still a well-rounded, solid and talented team whose level is still yet to be reached by others.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
August 22 2014 23:45 GMT
#91
On August 23 2014 07:22 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 07:00 TitusVI wrote:
challenger teams this time look good. Maybe we see some go threw. Especially EU LCS needs a few new teams to increase the value.

Hm for me it was the opposite. I dont expect much anymore, especially not fro NA challenger. EU maybe. But you never know. We have already seen very strange things happening.


Well, Wolves should be eliminated if Febiven doesn't get jetlagged in LA, hype around SKP might be good, but i don't see them winning against only case in a history when Poland and Russia are fighting against enemies being allies by themselves.

Not speaking about UoL ofc, it has to be fucking 3-0 for {M} until Kerp chokes again.

For NA, it seems now that EG will face Curse Academy, which is going to be easy road most likely for Krepo and Co and then there is funny thing and coL will play Coast, so 6th team is going to choose T8, unless T8 sweeps CA in commanding fashion on Sunday, which isn't going to happen. If it happens, though, EG will play T8 and still sweep them.

So, i'm going with 1 team changing this season from 16 and who knows how it goes after 10-teams expand.

Why doesn't Riot have EU and NA conferences though, rofl, i just realised.
With all fanboyism over American sport and moving relegations from EU into LA, you can't make it happen and want to expand the leagues instead of it to reduce amount of important games? Sick.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 00:29:39
August 23 2014 00:29 GMT
#92
I actually would not be that mad if NA stays the same this time. EG surely can do better next split (even better if they bench innox). Its the same with col we just saw one split they could become better next split. There is only one thing which should definately happen this time: CW dropping out.
Science>Mechanics
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
August 23 2014 01:51 GMT
#93
You know,

It'd be really cool to see the picks / bans in this (or any) of the NA LCS op's.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
August 23 2014 04:07 GMT
#94
Also why bother spoiling the results if you aren't going to put them in?
@miicah88
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 23 2014 11:04 GMT
#95
I wouldn't mind CA over Complexity, but otherwise EG and CRS/DIG/TSM/CLG losing to any other team would be an upset in my book. I think CW and GMB could easily beat most teams from challenger scene, considering that historically the practice that comes from competing in LCS proved to be enough to beat amateurs, especially in EU. However, H2K seem not only to have the talent, but their core stayed together long enough to be quite a team. I actually thought Vizicsacsi was part of SKP and was hyped for him and watdefox, guess they aren't so probably won't beat GMB :p
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
ExceliosBeyond
Profile Joined September 2012
208 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 14:29:19
August 23 2014 14:14 GMT
#96
I don't see CoL getting CA, CA has such a terrible record against Challenger teams and they go 0-2 to random teams like NDG and Denial. Keane would have to look like Faker reincarnated and CA would have to 3-0 Team 8 to look that scary.

I mean, they finished behind Elementz' team in the EPS regular season: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/National_ESL_Pro_Series/Season_X
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
August 23 2014 14:51 GMT
#97
Finally, some actual LCS games to watch today.

Didn't bother with the challenger crap.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 23 2014 18:02 GMT
#98
My heart says Dig, my head says TSM.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
August 23 2014 18:12 GMT
#99
Lets get some hype in here :D

Poll: Head

TSM (5)
 
56%

DIG (4)
 
44%

9 total votes

Your vote: Head

(Vote): TSM
(Vote): DIG


Poll: Heart

DIG (5)
 
56%

TSM (4)
 
44%

9 total votes

Your vote: Heart

(Vote): TSM
(Vote): DIG


TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 18:17:33
August 23 2014 18:15 GMT
#100
Prediction for today:

3-2 TSM win
Science>Mechanics
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 74 75 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1361
Bisu 1176
Soma 565
EffOrt 209
hero 195
Pusan 148
HiyA 78
soO 66
ZerO 62
Stork 44
[ Show more ]
Killer 41
sorry 36
Shinee 35
Rush 34
Bale 31
Sharp 25
Mong 24
Noble 10
Terrorterran 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc749
Counter-Strike
edward69
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft772
crisheroes767
Other Games
gofns47258
olofmeister1183
singsing1173
ceh9545
Livibee205
Pyrionflax142
ArmadaUGS33
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH326
• StrangeGG 31
• LUISG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Jankos1658
• Rush1383
• Stunt379
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17m
Afreeca Starleague
17m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 17m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.