• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:57
CEST 16:57
KST 23:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9122 users

[EU LCS] Summer 2014 Playoffs Week 1 - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 38 Next All
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 05 2014 19:59 GMT
#101
Lol.G2 really are gamers just like us.And just like us they won't get to be in lcs.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 05 2014 20:00 GMT
#102
On August 06 2014 04:59 Alaric wrote:
Maokai is currently broken because with how absurdly strong the recent changes made marksmen again, having a powerful frontline that won't melt to them the way a bruiser would is valuable. He would be very strong regardles, though.

He'll need some nerfs to keep him in line (gotta hope they won't hit the ult's 20%, that'd nerf him in general and especially against assassins instead of his own durability), but meanwhile I can't help but shed a tear at Tree getting some glory back. ;_;7

PBE currently has a 12 second limit on his ult
Glorious SEA doto
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 05 2014 20:02 GMT
#103
Yeah I wonder what it'll do. I mean, it's obviously a nerf in these super long fights, and also for baron attempts, and you won't be able to activate it "preemptively", it should let him get it off for most of the "standard" fights though.
I'd like a mechanic that rewards you for being good at deactivating it early and being able to get a second one off in longer fights, but I'm not sure how it could be implemented.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 20:03:08
August 05 2014 20:02 GMT
#104
Making the OP spoiler-free is too difficult. Should I really spoiler that stuff? I don't even know if there is enough interest in the Challenger Series
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 05 2014 20:04 GMT
#105
You could just keep the TBD logos and maybe update it the day those matches play.

Anyway, guess I'm kinda late but here are my PREDICSHUNS

CS:
+ Show Spoiler +
Didn't watch much, but from what I did it'll be 1) H2K, 2) SKP, 3) NiP. If LCS gets expanded, then H2K and SKP get in, if not then maaaaybe Gambit chokes against H2K/SKP, but I think we get another split with same teams.

I actually gave 3rd spot to NiP OR G2 when I started writing this, but thankfully I waited for the series to end, so one embarrassment less


LCS:
+ Show Spoiler +
SHC vs ROCCAT: I think that if both teams play at their peak, then ROCCAT wins. And while Overpow and Vander can play slightly under the expectations, Jankos has to play top-notch throughout the series. SHC is not a very good team, they can be solid, but if ROC figures out a good strategy against them and plays correctly, then I just don't see them adapting. On the other hand, if Jankos doesn't play well, then ROC gets individually outplayed and it's a quick 3-0 for SHC.

SK vs Millenium: I have no idea. On one hand, I still think that SK is criminally underrated. On the other, it's true that they just had a bad season and they are not exactly longer-set monsters. I actually think that their peak is higher than Mil's peak, so perhaps preparing for one team rather than 2 or 4 will be enough to provide better results. But if they play like they did in the regular season, then Creaton and Kerp should be enough to handle them.

5th: Loser of SK vs Mil. See the 3rd description.

Semis: I don't see an universe where Fnatic and ALL don't beat whatever team comes from quarters.

3rd: Winner of SK vs Millenium. Not much to say, I just think that both these teams are overall better than ROC an SHC. Not saying it will be a stomp, but I'd call them more-than-slight favors.

Final: ALL and FNC seem to be closer in their peaks than I'd like to admit. I think it will be an even series won by whoever figures out a better strat, or is simply in better shape.


NA will be more interesting to predict.

BTW Wonderful, even if you are going to make the polls with less-readable results, you could at least link them in the OP, not make me go through entire topic to see what was worth watching from NA super week :p
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
August 05 2014 20:10 GMT
#106
god ocelote would have been the last thing i wish for eu lcs. Good that this is off the table.
Science>Mechanics
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 20:13:13
August 05 2014 20:12 GMT
#107
On August 06 2014 05:04 AlterKot wrote:
You could just keep the TBD logos and maybe update it the day those matches play.


That can work a bit easier. I guess this is where my need to update the op asap can backfire. I also think that the people who are interested in it will watch it/get their results from different places. I think more people will be most interested for the Finals, but hard to tell the interest in it since I didn't really put Challenger matches in the posts before. I might have to start doing it for next split though since we do have people who enjoy the challenger series discussions.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 20:26:13
August 05 2014 20:24 GMT
#108
On August 06 2014 05:04 AlterKot wrote:
You could just keep the TBD logos and maybe update it the day those matches play.

Anyway, guess I'm kinda late but here are my PREDICSHUNS

CS:
+ Show Spoiler +
Didn't watch much, but from what I did it'll be 1) H2K, 2) SKP, 3) NiP. If LCS gets expanded, then H2K and SKP get in, if not then maaaaybe Gambit chokes against H2K/SKP, but I think we get another split with same teams.

I actually gave 3rd spot to NiP OR G2 when I started writing this, but thankfully I waited for the series to end, so one embarrassment less


LCS:
+ Show Spoiler +
SHC vs ROCCAT: I think that if both teams play at their peak, then ROCCAT wins. And while Overpow and Vander can play slightly under the expectations, Jankos has to play top-notch throughout the series. SHC is not a very good team, they can be solid, but if ROC figures out a good strategy against them and plays correctly, then I just don't see them adapting. On the other hand, if Jankos doesn't play well, then ROC gets individually outplayed and it's a quick 3-0 for SHC.

SK vs Millenium: I have no idea. On one hand, I still think that SK is criminally underrated. On the other, it's true that they just had a bad season and they are not exactly longer-set monsters. I actually think that their peak is higher than Mil's peak, so perhaps preparing for one team rather than 2 or 4 will be enough to provide better results. But if they play like they did in the regular season, then Creaton and Kerp should be enough to handle them.

5th: Loser of SK vs Mil. See the 3rd description.

Semis: I don't see an universe where Fnatic and ALL don't beat whatever team comes from quarters.

3rd: Winner of SK vs Millenium. Not much to say, I just think that both these teams are overall better than ROC an SHC. Not saying it will be a stomp, but I'd call them more-than-slight favors.

Final: ALL and FNC seem to be closer in their peaks than I'd like to admit. I think it will be an even series won by whoever figures out a better strat, or is simply in better shape.


NA will be more interesting to predict.

BTW Wonderful, even if you are going to make the polls with less-readable results, you could at least link them in the OP, not make me go through entire topic to see what was worth watching from NA super week :p


Could just watch every CLG bench game, that's basically it, rofl.
EG-LMQ was probably best game of the week though.
I suck at posting them, need to upgrade myself before playoffs.

UoL won? ROFL.
GG JWAOW, FROM SUPER TEAM INTO CHALLENGER ELO HELL.

On the other hand, NiP are safe now, PoE won't have free time against Alex and Cabochard can play Maokai by himself.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 20:29:15
August 05 2014 20:28 GMT
#109
On August 06 2014 05:24 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 05:04 AlterKot wrote:
You could just keep the TBD logos and maybe update it the day those matches play.

Anyway, guess I'm kinda late but here are my PREDICSHUNS

CS:
+ Show Spoiler +
Didn't watch much, but from what I did it'll be 1) H2K, 2) SKP, 3) NiP. If LCS gets expanded, then H2K and SKP get in, if not then maaaaybe Gambit chokes against H2K/SKP, but I think we get another split with same teams.

I actually gave 3rd spot to NiP OR G2 when I started writing this, but thankfully I waited for the series to end, so one embarrassment less


LCS:
+ Show Spoiler +
SHC vs ROCCAT: I think that if both teams play at their peak, then ROCCAT wins. And while Overpow and Vander can play slightly under the expectations, Jankos has to play top-notch throughout the series. SHC is not a very good team, they can be solid, but if ROC figures out a good strategy against them and plays correctly, then I just don't see them adapting. On the other hand, if Jankos doesn't play well, then ROC gets individually outplayed and it's a quick 3-0 for SHC.

SK vs Millenium: I have no idea. On one hand, I still think that SK is criminally underrated. On the other, it's true that they just had a bad season and they are not exactly longer-set monsters. I actually think that their peak is higher than Mil's peak, so perhaps preparing for one team rather than 2 or 4 will be enough to provide better results. But if they play like they did in the regular season, then Creaton and Kerp should be enough to handle them.

5th: Loser of SK vs Mil. See the 3rd description.

Semis: I don't see an universe where Fnatic and ALL don't beat whatever team comes from quarters.

3rd: Winner of SK vs Millenium. Not much to say, I just think that both these teams are overall better than ROC an SHC. Not saying it will be a stomp, but I'd call them more-than-slight favors.

Final: ALL and FNC seem to be closer in their peaks than I'd like to admit. I think it will be an even series won by whoever figures out a better strat, or is simply in better shape.


NA will be more interesting to predict.

BTW Wonderful, even if you are going to make the polls with less-readable results, you could at least link them in the OP, not make me go through entire topic to see what was worth watching from NA super week :p



GG JWAOW, FROM SUPER TEAM INTO CHALLENGER ELO HELL.


There is another universe where jwaow joined alliance.

He probably wouldn't have done that well anyway. Watching his play it almost feels like he just completely peaked with top kha'zix on TCM in S3, all downhill since solo beating lemondogs in pyjamas with it.

And besides, do you even remember that TCM roster. Now that's challenger elo hell
Glorious SEA doto
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 20:34:08
August 05 2014 20:33 GMT
#110
On August 06 2014 05:28 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 05:24 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On August 06 2014 05:04 AlterKot wrote:
You could just keep the TBD logos and maybe update it the day those matches play.

Anyway, guess I'm kinda late but here are my PREDICSHUNS

CS:
+ Show Spoiler +
Didn't watch much, but from what I did it'll be 1) H2K, 2) SKP, 3) NiP. If LCS gets expanded, then H2K and SKP get in, if not then maaaaybe Gambit chokes against H2K/SKP, but I think we get another split with same teams.

I actually gave 3rd spot to NiP OR G2 when I started writing this, but thankfully I waited for the series to end, so one embarrassment less


LCS:
+ Show Spoiler +
SHC vs ROCCAT: I think that if both teams play at their peak, then ROCCAT wins. And while Overpow and Vander can play slightly under the expectations, Jankos has to play top-notch throughout the series. SHC is not a very good team, they can be solid, but if ROC figures out a good strategy against them and plays correctly, then I just don't see them adapting. On the other hand, if Jankos doesn't play well, then ROC gets individually outplayed and it's a quick 3-0 for SHC.

SK vs Millenium: I have no idea. On one hand, I still think that SK is criminally underrated. On the other, it's true that they just had a bad season and they are not exactly longer-set monsters. I actually think that their peak is higher than Mil's peak, so perhaps preparing for one team rather than 2 or 4 will be enough to provide better results. But if they play like they did in the regular season, then Creaton and Kerp should be enough to handle them.

5th: Loser of SK vs Mil. See the 3rd description.

Semis: I don't see an universe where Fnatic and ALL don't beat whatever team comes from quarters.

3rd: Winner of SK vs Millenium. Not much to say, I just think that both these teams are overall better than ROC an SHC. Not saying it will be a stomp, but I'd call them more-than-slight favors.

Final: ALL and FNC seem to be closer in their peaks than I'd like to admit. I think it will be an even series won by whoever figures out a better strat, or is simply in better shape.


NA will be more interesting to predict.

BTW Wonderful, even if you are going to make the polls with less-readable results, you could at least link them in the OP, not make me go through entire topic to see what was worth watching from NA super week :p



GG JWAOW, FROM SUPER TEAM INTO CHALLENGER ELO HELL.


There is another universe where jwaow joined alliance.

He probably wouldn't have done that well anyway. Watching his play it almost feels like he just completely peaked with top kha'zix on TCM in S3, all downhill since solo beating lemondogs in pyjamas with it.

And besides, do you even remember that TCM roster. Now that's challenger elo hell


Actually, i agree with Phreak who hit pretty strong point tonight during Game 1.

Jwaow was always famous for his 1v1, like that kind of EU ZionSpartan/CaliTrolz, who blows on basically every team-oriented toplaner but excels with those Riven, Jax, Jayce and crew.
Picking it instead of Wickd, who might have not the biggest champion pool but at least deliver almost everytime, welp.

Rofl, that TCM roster. How sick is to think that Brokenshard achieved the most from them?

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 00:25:38
August 06 2014 00:23 GMT
#111
Heh, just saw UoL won. Awesome. :D

G2 is 5th best EU challenger team, clearly worth that sponsorship.
Off-season = best season
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
August 06 2014 02:47 GMT
#112
On August 06 2014 04:11 TitusVI wrote:
im not the only one watching nlb today


China have been playing AP kog for a while now.
@miicah88
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
August 06 2014 14:33 GMT
#113
Who gets his hands on maokai today?
Science>Mechanics
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 15:09:52
August 06 2014 15:07 GMT
#114
I wonder if we'll ever see loulex's fabled lee sin
LULU SUPPORT HYPE
Glorious SEA doto
Kenpark
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany2350 Posts
August 06 2014 15:13 GMT
#115
Are these for points or sth or are the winners go to the promo tourny directly ?
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 15:15:53
August 06 2014 15:14 GMT
#116
GET FUCKING BODIED ALEX
On August 07 2014 00:13 Kenpark wrote:
Are these for points or sth or are the winners go to the promo tourny directly ?

Winners of these series will go into promos, winner of 3rd place will also. At least afaik how it would work with the rumored 10 spots is unknown.
Glorious SEA doto
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
August 06 2014 15:15 GMT
#117
On August 07 2014 00:13 Kenpark wrote:
Are these for points or sth or are the winners go to the promo tourny directly ?


winner goes to promos directly, looser has to win the 3th place match to get to promos then.
Science>Mechanics
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 15:16:30
August 06 2014 15:15 GMT
#118
Alex, go and play Zed, why are you even trying to play Ziggs, rofl.

THREE DORANS AHRI THE DREAM.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
August 06 2014 15:17 GMT
#119
On August 07 2014 00:13 Kenpark wrote:
Are these for points or sth or are the winners go to the promo tourny directly ?


Points were for the bracket seeding. These are for the promos. Top three teams to promos
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
August 06 2014 15:17 GMT
#120
so much effort to ban out watefox and he still wins lane.
Science>Mechanics
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1276
Mini 936
Soma 648
actioN 442
Rush 435
Light 343
Horang2 341
Larva 314
BeSt 291
hero 262
[ Show more ]
Snow 257
Stork 255
ggaemo 224
Barracks 138
firebathero 128
Killer 122
Zeus 98
Sea.KH 85
Aegong 78
Shine 72
Mong 71
JYJ 62
Dewaltoss 52
Sharp 40
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 37
soO 34
Sexy 32
Bale 28
sorry 16
zelot 16
Rock 15
Sacsri 14
Terrorterran 14
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7836
qojqva1882
Dendi707
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
Fnx 710
kRYSTAL_101
x6flipin89
edward23
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4842
Khaldor521
Other Games
gofns45209
singsing1676
B2W.Neo894
byalli519
Lowko414
DeMusliM225
Mlord186
Liquid`VortiX168
Livibee153
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS112
Railgan20
Trikslyr18
Chillindude16
amsayoshi12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV232
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 79
• mYiSmile114
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV413
League of Legends
• Nemesis2173
• Jankos1771
• TFBlade692
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 3m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 3m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.