• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:08
CEST 22:08
KST 05:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7831 users

[LCS] Battle of the Atlantic, Part II - Page 179

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 194 Next
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
December 22 2013 22:20 GMT
#3561
On December 23 2013 07:17 gtrsrs wrote:
The tl riv hate is so over the top and unnecessary. Everyone in the scene that brings up riv has only nice things to say. He's a quality caster


I'm sure he's a fantastic guy and I'm sure he has many great qualities. Casting, however, is not one of them
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 22:22:15
December 22 2013 22:21 GMT
#3562

On December 23 2013 07:17 gtrsrs wrote:
The tl riv hate is so over the top and unnecessary. Everyone in the scene that brings up riv has only nice things to say. He's a quality caster



The amount of nonsense he's said this tourney is just unfathomable. Honestly, he may very well be a nice guy and I actually like his voice a lot, I just wish he could be a bit more with it during games.
In Inca we trust
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 22:25:10
December 22 2013 22:22 GMT
#3563
On December 23 2013 07:20 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:14 las91 wrote:
Rivington easily joining my list of casters that I wish would stop casting. That Jason guy in EU, Khaldor for SC2, and Riv are three of the most uninformed and downright wrong casters I've seen lately. It's like he's not even watching the game half the time for god's sake.

Funny enough Riv has been casting for Riot since there first official broadcast. Its amazing how long hes been doing this without learning.

Deman/Jat/Joe tricast for life!


Riv has been with them for so long he even casted BW (Flash vs Jaedong) alongside Apollo at WCG 2010.

Which was an... interesting cast btw.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
December 22 2013 22:22 GMT
#3564
On December 23 2013 07:17 gtrsrs wrote:
The tl riv hate is so over the top and unnecessary. Everyone in the scene that brings up riv has only nice things to say. He's a quality caster

I am sure riv is a great guy who tries to help the scene grow but he is a shit caster.That is just a fact.
FuRRie
Profile Joined February 2009
Belgium815 Posts
December 22 2013 22:22 GMT
#3565
On December 23 2013 07:18 UmberBane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:14 las91 wrote:
Rivington easily joining my list of casters that I wish would stop casting. That Jason guy in EU, Khaldor for SC2, and Riv are three of the most uninformed and downright wrong casters I've seen lately. It's like he's not even watching the game half the time for god's sake.

Khaldor? I think he's fine, although I can't listen to his accent, probably because your "own" accent always sounds the worst to yourself. I've kinda jumped on the fed up with Tasteless bandwagon lately, lol, which I'm pretty late to.

Xpeke looks sad...


I agree Tasteless isn't as good as he used to be.

Cut him some slack though, his been casting since forever :p.

Anyway, i'm clearly a terrible LoL player cause i'm okay with these casters :p.
I have no meta-game knowledge and don't even know all the item names :D.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
December 22 2013 22:22 GMT
#3566
On December 23 2013 07:21 las91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:20 Badboyrune wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:17 gtrsrs wrote:
The tl riv hate is so over the top and unnecessary. Everyone in the scene that brings up riv has only nice things to say. He's a quality caster


I'm sure he's a fantastic guy and I'm sure he has many great qualities. Casting, however, is not one of them


The amount of nonsense he's said this tourney is just unfathomable. Honestly, he may very well be a nice guy and I actually like his voice a lot, I just wish he could be a bit more with it during games.


I'm pretty sure he's just high or something. Normally he says some nonsense but it isn't too bad and he has nice excitement levels.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
December 22 2013 22:24 GMT
#3567
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 22:26:28
December 22 2013 22:25 GMT
#3568
On December 23 2013 07:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.


Well he literally just said in his interview that he's an extremely versatile player, and while I agree to a point I just don't understand Curse's roster making this season.

On December 23 2013 07:25 kongoline wrote:
lol crs got mundo + shyv, this is over


They got mundo last game too..
In Inca we trust
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
December 22 2013 22:25 GMT
#3569
lol crs got mundo + shyv, this is over
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
December 22 2013 22:26 GMT
#3570
On December 23 2013 07:22 FuRRie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:18 UmberBane wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:14 las91 wrote:
Rivington easily joining my list of casters that I wish would stop casting. That Jason guy in EU, Khaldor for SC2, and Riv are three of the most uninformed and downright wrong casters I've seen lately. It's like he's not even watching the game half the time for god's sake.

Khaldor? I think he's fine, although I can't listen to his accent, probably because your "own" accent always sounds the worst to yourself. I've kinda jumped on the fed up with Tasteless bandwagon lately, lol, which I'm pretty late to.

Xpeke looks sad...


I agree Tasteless isn't as good as he used to be.

Cut him some slack though, his been casting since forever :p.

Anyway, i'm clearly a terrible LoL player cause i'm okay with these casters :p.
I have no meta-game knowledge and don't even know all the item names :D.

Normally Rivington is fine, honestly. People on TL hate on him because they just want color commentary instead of any play-by-play (which is better for those who aren't able to follow the at-times hectic spectating yet).

However, his sentences this tourney have been...pretty nonsensical and confusing at times.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 22:27:41
December 22 2013 22:26 GMT
#3571
On December 23 2013 07:25 las91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.


Well he literally just said in his interview that he's an extremely versatile player, and while I agree to a point I just don't understand Curse's roster making this season.

I don't think he's THAT versatile. And I was basically just rationalizing why I was okay with the decision at first. But I can't say I've been impressed recently.

Edit: Basically I'm eating crow and really thought Voy didn't suck Mid this much.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
December 22 2013 22:27 GMT
#3572
On December 23 2013 07:26 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:25 las91 wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.


Well he literally just said in his interview that he's an extremely versatile player, and while I agree to a point I just don't understand Curse's roster making this season.

I don't think he's THAT versatile. And I was basically just rationalizing why I was okay with the decision at first. But I can't say I've been impressed recently.


I just really don't understand trying to pick up a top laner and force him to mid instead of finding a mid laner, idk.

And IWD is and always has been extremely unimpressive to me.
In Inca we trust
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
December 22 2013 22:27 GMT
#3573
On December 23 2013 07:26 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:25 las91 wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.


Well he literally just said in his interview that he's an extremely versatile player, and while I agree to a point I just don't understand Curse's roster making this season.

I don't think he's THAT versatile. And I was basically just rationalizing why I was okay with the decision at first. But I can't say I've been impressed recently.


If Crs also doesn't qualify you're pretty much fucked, aren't you?
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
December 22 2013 22:28 GMT
#3574
Voy does two things well: assassins and splitpushing.

If that's versatile, then fking Westrice is versatile. <_<
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
December 22 2013 22:28 GMT
#3575
CRS vs COG Game 2

Bans (COG): Nasus, Ziggs, Kassadin
Bans (CRS): Riven, Olaf, KogøMaw

Picks (COG): Sivir, Elise, Leona, Lucian, Vi
Picks (CRS): Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Thresh, Draven, Vladimir
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
December 22 2013 22:29 GMT
#3576
On December 23 2013 07:27 UmberBane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:26 onlywonderboy wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:25 las91 wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.


Well he literally just said in his interview that he's an extremely versatile player, and while I agree to a point I just don't understand Curse's roster making this season.

I don't think he's THAT versatile. And I was basically just rationalizing why I was okay with the decision at first. But I can't say I've been impressed recently.


If Crs also doesn't qualify you're pretty much fucked, aren't you?

I've been pissed with Curse since the Pobelter debacle. I'll still root for them in the Coke League if they stay together but it wouldn't be the end of the world. All board the EG.NA hype train, Pobelter or die.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
December 22 2013 22:29 GMT
#3577
On December 23 2013 07:27 las91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:26 onlywonderboy wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:25 las91 wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I remember being pretty high on Voyboy mid, but I think that was mostly due to the assassin meta. I don't think he does as well with the current pool of champs.


Well he literally just said in his interview that he's an extremely versatile player, and while I agree to a point I just don't understand Curse's roster making this season.

I don't think he's THAT versatile. And I was basically just rationalizing why I was okay with the decision at first. But I can't say I've been impressed recently.


I just really don't understand trying to pick up a top laner and force him to mid instead of finding a mid laner, idk.

And IWD is and always has been extremely unimpressive to me.


It's because they picked up Quas as top laner. They had to force voyboy to go mid.
FuRRie
Profile Joined February 2009
Belgium815 Posts
December 22 2013 22:30 GMT
#3578
On December 23 2013 07:26 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:22 FuRRie wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:18 UmberBane wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:14 las91 wrote:
Rivington easily joining my list of casters that I wish would stop casting. That Jason guy in EU, Khaldor for SC2, and Riv are three of the most uninformed and downright wrong casters I've seen lately. It's like he's not even watching the game half the time for god's sake.

Khaldor? I think he's fine, although I can't listen to his accent, probably because your "own" accent always sounds the worst to yourself. I've kinda jumped on the fed up with Tasteless bandwagon lately, lol, which I'm pretty late to.

Xpeke looks sad...


I agree Tasteless isn't as good as he used to be.

Cut him some slack though, his been casting since forever :p.

Anyway, i'm clearly a terrible LoL player cause i'm okay with these casters :p.
I have no meta-game knowledge and don't even know all the item names :D.

Normally Rivington is fine, honestly. People on TL hate on him because they just want color commentary instead of any play-by-play (which is better for those who aren't able to follow the at-times hectic spectating yet).

However, his sentences this tourney have been...pretty nonsensical and confusing at times.


Cheers for the clearing up .

I'll take the comments about his casting with a grain of salt then :D
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
December 22 2013 22:31 GMT
#3579
On December 23 2013 07:26 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 07:22 FuRRie wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:18 UmberBane wrote:
On December 23 2013 07:14 las91 wrote:
Rivington easily joining my list of casters that I wish would stop casting. That Jason guy in EU, Khaldor for SC2, and Riv are three of the most uninformed and downright wrong casters I've seen lately. It's like he's not even watching the game half the time for god's sake.

Khaldor? I think he's fine, although I can't listen to his accent, probably because your "own" accent always sounds the worst to yourself. I've kinda jumped on the fed up with Tasteless bandwagon lately, lol, which I'm pretty late to.

Xpeke looks sad...


I agree Tasteless isn't as good as he used to be.

Cut him some slack though, his been casting since forever :p.

Anyway, i'm clearly a terrible LoL player cause i'm okay with these casters :p.
I have no meta-game knowledge and don't even know all the item names :D.

Normally Rivington is fine, honestly. People on TL hate on him because they just want color commentary instead of any play-by-play (which is better for those who aren't able to follow the at-times hectic spectating yet).

However, his sentences this tourney have been...pretty nonsensical and confusing at times.


People love Deman, even though he's play-by-play.

What I don't like from Riv is that he hasn't been given a proper partner to do color commentary so he dips his feet in it with Phreak co-casting. Which doesn't work.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
December 22 2013 22:31 GMT
#3580
Zamphira's champ pool is so random and entertaining ha.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 194 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins279
monkeys_forever77
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5680
Grubby2796
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
C9.Mang0143
TKL 139
ToD107
Railgan19
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 34
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki33
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 53m
Stellar Fest
16h 53m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.