• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:53
CEST 01:53
KST 08:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8224 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 61

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 82 Next
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 23 2014 04:53 GMT
#1201
On August 23 2014 13:11 miicah wrote:
Show nested quote +
ALL THAT SAID GNAR'S WIN RATE IS STILL TRENDING UPWARD. According to our internal data top lane Gnar started at 39% in ranked play and is currently @ 44.5% and rising.


AND THEN THIS:

Show nested quote +
With that bit of info in mind we've decided to be more conservative with this first set of changes as we feel people still need time to learn Gnar's true strengths and build paths.


Why the FUCK is Riot buffing him if his win rate is trending UPWARDS?!?!??! HOLY SHIT IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD. Can for once they just stop and think for two seconds that maybe he doesn't need changes?

The majority of the changes are very small, about all they did is make it easier to catch the boomerang and make his laning not suck total ass pre-6, which it does.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 23 2014 04:57 GMT
#1202
So, I got really bored and tried picking singed into Mao. A terribly stupid matchup that is. On the plus side you have similar power spikes, on the negative side it's like banging your head on a wall.
Freeeeeeedom
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
August 23 2014 05:48 GMT
#1203
On August 23 2014 13:53 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 13:11 miicah wrote:
ALL THAT SAID GNAR'S WIN RATE IS STILL TRENDING UPWARD. According to our internal data top lane Gnar started at 39% in ranked play and is currently @ 44.5% and rising.


AND THEN THIS:

With that bit of info in mind we've decided to be more conservative with this first set of changes as we feel people still need time to learn Gnar's true strengths and build paths.


Why the FUCK is Riot buffing him if his win rate is trending UPWARDS?!?!??! HOLY SHIT IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD. Can for once they just stop and think for two seconds that maybe he doesn't need changes?

The majority of the changes are very small, about all they did is make it easier to catch the boomerang and make his laning not suck total ass pre-6, which it does.

I think I'd rather them wait another couple of weeks. They are patching on two week cycles. They can easily afford to let him sit for a little while longer.
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
August 23 2014 07:07 GMT
#1204
I've never played master yi before but I can a dream where I carried games by getting a bunch of multi-kills so I decided to try him out. Then the free wins proceeded to come; I wonder how far I can ride this gravy train.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 23 2014 07:38 GMT
#1205
--- Nuked ---
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
August 23 2014 08:05 GMT
#1206
Turn on Locodoco's stream and see Smashgfizmo melting faces... that put a smile in my face for some reason xD
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 23 2014 10:09 GMT
#1207
We need a thread for when we meet summoners with funny names.

Because I'm playing against Adolf Critler right now.
The legend of Darien lives on
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 23 2014 10:21 GMT
#1208
--- Nuked ---
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 23 2014 10:35 GMT
#1209
On August 23 2014 13:57 cLutZ wrote:
So, I got really bored and tried picking singed into Mao. A terribly stupid matchup that is. On the plus side you have similar power spikes, on the negative side it's like banging your head on a wall.

Reminds me of Anivia/Ziggs/Lux/etc.
Alternatively, Singed himself when you play stuff like Jax/olaf/Pantheon.
Or Yorick in general.



I mean, you're Singed, you don't even give him passive stacks with Q and he'll never outpush you anyway. It's just that he doesn't delay an item timing by rushing Cowl against you like most people would.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 11:03:38
August 23 2014 11:03 GMT
#1210
On August 23 2014 19:21 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 19:09 mr_tolkien wrote:
We need a thread for when we meet summoners with funny names.

Because I'm playing against Adolf Critler right now.


lol that's my friend haha

one i met a bit ago called '12 years a lucian' gave me a chuckle.


Arent they just borderline offensive? Dont find them funny
Useless wet fish.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
August 23 2014 11:14 GMT
#1211
On August 23 2014 13:27 Volband wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 13:00 Crusnik wrote:
After not playing League/ADC for a few weeks, holy balls is Nami/Cait hell to play against as Vayne...

I'd really like to know what is going on in vayne players brain when they lock her. Possibilities:
- There's got to be a game where I don't get shit on in lane, aye?
- I have a quadra with this champ. This champ is good, you will see.
- Lucian has a shorter ranger than me, gg, get countered son.
- Rekkles played her, she's still good, why the qq?
- They have a tanky team so I'm gonna counter them with my silver bolts. GET SILVER BOLTED!
- Fuck, missclick!
- Support might carry me. That's his job, right?

If Gnar had not been released I'd rather have anyone (even Poppy or Sion) in my team than this worthless champ. But instalose-goddamnuseless-feeder Gnar was indeed released so she's no longer the queen of uselessness. Well, technically she is, since Gnar is male...

And as for the Gnar buffs, I hope Riot will adjust him, because I hate wasting a ban against my own team if I already dodged a game that day because someone wanted to derp with him.

Wasn't this "worthless" champ picked several times by SKT K during the nlb finals ?
I mean ofc vayne gets shat on by any good cait+X but that doesn't mean she's worthless, she's just a situational pick, first picking her is obviously dumb but in certain circumstances she's very fine.

The only thing I don't like about vayne currently is that she has a shit early because she then becomes an hypercarry but kog and trist carry just the same (if not better...) and aren't weak early. So yeah in a solo queue game you should probably pick kog or trist if you want to deal sick D@M@G€$, playing vayne is really risky.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 23 2014 11:19 GMT
#1212
On August 23 2014 20:03 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 19:21 krndandaman wrote:
On August 23 2014 19:09 mr_tolkien wrote:
We need a thread for when we meet summoners with funny names.

Because I'm playing against Adolf Critler right now.


lol that's my friend haha

one i met a bit ago called '12 years a lucian' gave me a chuckle.


Arent they just borderline offensive? Dont find them funny

Adolf Critler is funny if you play Trynda.
The legend of Darien lives on
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
August 23 2014 11:20 GMT
#1213
On August 23 2014 20:14 RouaF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 13:27 Volband wrote:
On August 23 2014 13:00 Crusnik wrote:
After not playing League/ADC for a few weeks, holy balls is Nami/Cait hell to play against as Vayne...

I'd really like to know what is going on in vayne players brain when they lock her. Possibilities:
- There's got to be a game where I don't get shit on in lane, aye?
- I have a quadra with this champ. This champ is good, you will see.
- Lucian has a shorter ranger than me, gg, get countered son.
- Rekkles played her, she's still good, why the qq?
- They have a tanky team so I'm gonna counter them with my silver bolts. GET SILVER BOLTED!
- Fuck, missclick!
- Support might carry me. That's his job, right?

If Gnar had not been released I'd rather have anyone (even Poppy or Sion) in my team than this worthless champ. But instalose-goddamnuseless-feeder Gnar was indeed released so she's no longer the queen of uselessness. Well, technically she is, since Gnar is male...

And as for the Gnar buffs, I hope Riot will adjust him, because I hate wasting a ban against my own team if I already dodged a game that day because someone wanted to derp with him.

Wasn't this "worthless" champ picked several times by SKT K during the nlb finals ?
I mean ofc vayne gets shat on by any good cait+X but that doesn't mean she's worthless, she's just a situational pick, first picking her is obviously dumb but in certain circumstances she's very fine.

The only thing I don't like about vayne currently is that she has a shit early because she then becomes an hypercarry but kog and trist carry just the same (if not better...) and aren't weak early. So yeah in a solo queue game you should probably pick kog or trist if you want to deal sick D@M@G€$, playing vayne is really risky.


Does vayne have any positive matchups except for ezreal?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22628 Posts
August 23 2014 11:42 GMT
#1214
On August 23 2014 20:20 Bam Lee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 20:14 RouaF wrote:
On August 23 2014 13:27 Volband wrote:
On August 23 2014 13:00 Crusnik wrote:
After not playing League/ADC for a few weeks, holy balls is Nami/Cait hell to play against as Vayne...

I'd really like to know what is going on in vayne players brain when they lock her. Possibilities:
- There's got to be a game where I don't get shit on in lane, aye?
- I have a quadra with this champ. This champ is good, you will see.
- Lucian has a shorter ranger than me, gg, get countered son.
- Rekkles played her, she's still good, why the qq?
- They have a tanky team so I'm gonna counter them with my silver bolts. GET SILVER BOLTED!
- Fuck, missclick!
- Support might carry me. That's his job, right?

If Gnar had not been released I'd rather have anyone (even Poppy or Sion) in my team than this worthless champ. But instalose-goddamnuseless-feeder Gnar was indeed released so she's no longer the queen of uselessness. Well, technically she is, since Gnar is male...

And as for the Gnar buffs, I hope Riot will adjust him, because I hate wasting a ban against my own team if I already dodged a game that day because someone wanted to derp with him.

Wasn't this "worthless" champ picked several times by SKT K during the nlb finals ?
I mean ofc vayne gets shat on by any good cait+X but that doesn't mean she's worthless, she's just a situational pick, first picking her is obviously dumb but in certain circumstances she's very fine.

The only thing I don't like about vayne currently is that she has a shit early because she then becomes an hypercarry but kog and trist carry just the same (if not better...) and aren't weak early. So yeah in a solo queue game you should probably pick kog or trist if you want to deal sick D@M@G€$, playing vayne is really risky.


Does vayne have any positive matchups except for ezreal?

yes, every single 1v2 lane.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 23 2014 12:29 GMT
#1215
--- Nuked ---
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 23 2014 12:45 GMT
#1216
On August 23 2014 20:20 Bam Lee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 20:14 RouaF wrote:
On August 23 2014 13:27 Volband wrote:
On August 23 2014 13:00 Crusnik wrote:
After not playing League/ADC for a few weeks, holy balls is Nami/Cait hell to play against as Vayne...

I'd really like to know what is going on in vayne players brain when they lock her. Possibilities:
- There's got to be a game where I don't get shit on in lane, aye?
- I have a quadra with this champ. This champ is good, you will see.
- Lucian has a shorter ranger than me, gg, get countered son.
- Rekkles played her, she's still good, why the qq?
- They have a tanky team so I'm gonna counter them with my silver bolts. GET SILVER BOLTED!
- Fuck, missclick!
- Support might carry me. That's his job, right?

If Gnar had not been released I'd rather have anyone (even Poppy or Sion) in my team than this worthless champ. But instalose-goddamnuseless-feeder Gnar was indeed released so she's no longer the queen of uselessness. Well, technically she is, since Gnar is male...

And as for the Gnar buffs, I hope Riot will adjust him, because I hate wasting a ban against my own team if I already dodged a game that day because someone wanted to derp with him.

Wasn't this "worthless" champ picked several times by SKT K during the nlb finals ?
I mean ofc vayne gets shat on by any good cait+X but that doesn't mean she's worthless, she's just a situational pick, first picking her is obviously dumb but in certain circumstances she's very fine.

The only thing I don't like about vayne currently is that she has a shit early because she then becomes an hypercarry but kog and trist carry just the same (if not better...) and aren't weak early. So yeah in a solo queue game you should probably pick kog or trist if you want to deal sick D@M@G€$, playing vayne is really risky.


Does vayne have any positive matchups except for ezreal?

Vayne's problem is supports.She can handle almost every ad lane.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23441 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 13:09:01
August 23 2014 13:05 GMT
#1217
On August 23 2014 19:09 mr_tolkien wrote:
We need a thread for when we meet summoners with funny names.

Because I'm playing against Adolf Critler right now.


is he related to john critler i beat him last night though he destroyed his lane

On August 23 2014 20:03 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 19:21 krndandaman wrote:
On August 23 2014 19:09 mr_tolkien wrote:
We need a thread for when we meet summoners with funny names.

Because I'm playing against Adolf Critler right now.


lol that's my friend haha

one i met a bit ago called '12 years a lucian' gave me a chuckle.


Arent they just borderline offensive? Dont find them funny


why the fuck are you offended by a name
i guarantee you the player called adolf critler has killed zero jews except possibly in game
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
August 23 2014 14:25 GMT
#1218
On August 23 2014 13:27 Volband wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 13:00 Crusnik wrote:
After not playing League/ADC for a few weeks, holy balls is Nami/Cait hell to play against as Vayne...

I'd really like to know what is going on in vayne players brain when they lock her. Possibilities:
- There's got to be a game where I don't get shit on in lane, aye?
- I have a quadra with this champ. This champ is good, you will see.
- Lucian has a shorter ranger than me, gg, get countered son.
- Rekkles played her, she's still good, why the qq?
- They have a tanky team so I'm gonna counter them with my silver bolts. GET SILVER BOLTED!
- Fuck, missclick!
- Support might carry me. That's his job, right?

What about

"This champion is really fun to play"
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 15:26:50
August 23 2014 14:55 GMT
#1219
im amazed how much korea loves ezreal (35% pickratio top2 in region after thresh) meanwhile every other region doesnt even have him in top15
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
August 23 2014 16:25 GMT
#1220
On August 23 2014 20:03 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2014 19:21 krndandaman wrote:
On August 23 2014 19:09 mr_tolkien wrote:
We need a thread for when we meet summoners with funny names.

Because I'm playing against Adolf Critler right now.


lol that's my friend haha

one i met a bit ago called '12 years a lucian' gave me a chuckle.


Arent they just borderline offensive? Dont find them funny

l2humor pls
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 555
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4112
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor995
Other Games
summit1g9938
shahzam590
Day[9].tv561
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft184
C9.Mang096
ArmadaUGS95
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Day9tv561
• Scarra530
• Shiphtur182
Upcoming Events
OSC
7m
CranKy Ducklings3
Stellar Fest
13h 7m
OSC
22h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.