• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8363 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 85

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 331 Next
No more bad posting
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
August 02 2013 23:15 GMT
#1681
I am currently reading the Wheel of Time series... just got done the first book... I don't know how I feel about it. It's so god damned basic... it's not bad or anything but it lacks even the smallest ounce of originality. And it's cheesy.

I feel like if I were 16 I would enjoy the series more but everything about the WoT is just as shallow as the kiddy pool.




Gangplank.
Retvrn to Forvms
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
August 02 2013 23:16 GMT
#1682
On August 03 2013 08:15 Chrispy wrote:
I am currently reading the Wheel of Time series... just got done the first book... I don't know how I feel about it. It's so god damned basic... it's not bad or anything but it lacks even the smallest ounce of originality. And it's cheesy.

I feel like if I were 16 I would enjoy the series more but everything about the WoT is just as shallow as the kiddy pool.




Gangplank.


Old man. Gangplank, that is.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 23:20:31
August 02 2013 23:19 GMT
#1683
On August 03 2013 08:11 LaNague wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:07 TheYango wrote:
I don't understand how off-topic discussion is necessarily shitposting.


well ok, half of it is just offtopic then.
maybe we need an offtopic thread then, because its really hard to read the league related discussion when there are 20 posts about final fantasy inbetween.

There is no other thread for general league discussion, so this is a bit irritating.
I dont mind your community bonding thing, its just very disruptive when done in this thread, imo.

This is the off-topic thread. The only reason it's not in the title is because when we started doing patch-specific GD threads, you couldn't fit "General Discussion/Off-Topic" entirely into the thread title anymore. But General Discussion/Off-Topic was exactly the name of the original GD thread.
Moderator
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
August 02 2013 23:21 GMT
#1684
Plus, this is way more entertaining (and personality showing, if that's a phrase) than talking about League.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
August 02 2013 23:24 GMT
#1685
Man now I'm sad that I missed the FF posting. Tactics > 10 > Legend of Dragoon > all.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 02 2013 23:25 GMT
#1686
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?
liftlift > tsm
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 23:29:28
August 02 2013 23:25 GMT
#1687
Damn, came too late to try and subtly get Dear Esther in there.

There's not only expectations, but also how experienced is the reader/player/whatever, too. The fact that it's advertised as porn is only the 3rd reason why I'd be wary of recommending MonMusu to someone, for example; the first being that a lot of my enjoyment came from my trope knowledge (which is somewhat rare, even in places like here), and the 2nd that as nice/decent I found the story/writing/character development to be, I've barely got half a dozen games/series/books with this kind of story/proceedings and it certainly made me enjoy it more as a "novelty" I experienced compared to most people who'd find it worn and classic.

I remember when reading the Fishman Island Arc in One Piece, especially the flashbacks, thinking that Oda was really good at piecing these, and creating compelling characters with convincing motives and psychology behind their choices, even when portrayed as antagonists. I was fully conscious that for a bunch of people it'd only be run-of-the-mill, or even mediocre, compared to the whole stuff they've been exposed to.

TL;DR it's fucking hard to talk about stuff you enjoyed with people when they've actually read/watched/played more than you and you never dare to advertise something as good. >.>

On August 03 2013 08:19 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:11 LaNague wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:07 TheYango wrote:
I don't understand how off-topic discussion is necessarily shitposting.


well ok, half of it is just offtopic then.
maybe we need an offtopic thread then, because its really hard to read the league related discussion when there are 20 posts about final fantasy inbetween.

There is no other thread for general league discussion, so this is a bit irritating.
I dont mind your community bonding thing, its just very disruptive when done in this thread, imo.

This is the off-topic thread. The only reason it's not in the title is because when we started doing patch-specific GD threads, you couldn't fit "General Discussion/Off-Topic" entirely into the thread title anymore. But General Discussion/Off-Topic was exactly the name of the original GD thread.

At this point I'm wondering if you just copy-paste it.

Edit: Neo posted in the IH thread. He's probably trying to catch up to this one right now. 'splosion inbound.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
August 02 2013 23:32 GMT
#1688
I've actually noticed that lately, GD ends up being exactly the discussion that goes on in Req's stream, from Katawa Shoujo to game music to Final Fantasy rankings. I honestly expect a big Vladimir discussion to follow suit.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 23:40:44
August 02 2013 23:34 GMT
#1689
Wheel of Time wasn't necessarily the most compelling series ever, but goddamn the sheer scope of it is ridiculous. It's got like 20 kingdoms, like 10+ POV characters and thousands of named characters.

Also, everyone dies at the end.

This is the General Discussion Thread of the TL LOL community, not the LOL discussion thread. I mean, every other thread in the subforum is about League, so let us talk about the pokemanns and stuff here.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 02 2013 23:34 GMT
#1690
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG or not?"
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
August 02 2013 23:36 GMT
#1691
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG or not?"

You role play and it has the traditional levelling up and exploring elements that classic RPGs have.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12010 Posts
August 02 2013 23:39 GMT
#1692
The definition of PC RPGs is really weird, because it is for some weird reason related to levelling up, instead of actually playing a role. For tabletops it is really easy. If you play a role, it is an RPG. But on a PC, "RPG" means "you level up and put points into things"
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 02 2013 23:39 GMT
#1693
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG tank or not?"

Ftfy
liftlift > tsm
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
August 02 2013 23:41 GMT
#1694
On August 03 2013 08:39 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG tank or not?"

Ftfy

lol I'm scared to go back down that road.

On another unrelated topic (dear lord) I've just started watching Hataraku Maou-sama, it's really funny. How come I've never heard of it until I got to a very deep, dark part of the internet?
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
August 02 2013 23:44 GMT
#1695
On August 03 2013 08:39 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG tank or not?"

Ftfy


Ya, fuck that fucking yordle.

Report Teemo.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 23:49:01
August 02 2013 23:48 GMT
#1696
wrong thread.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 02 2013 23:49 GMT
#1697
On August 03 2013 08:41 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:39 wei2coolman wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG tank or not?"

Ftfy

lol I'm scared to go back down that road.

On another unrelated topic (dear lord) I've just started watching Hataraku Maou-sama, it's really funny. How come I've never heard of it until I got to a very deep, dark part of the internet?

Next level multilingual puns!

I think it would be funny if there actually was a relevant League topic that we just kept shoving out of the way. Maybe people really want to complain about Yi.
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-03 00:01:00
August 02 2013 23:58 GMT
#1698
On August 03 2013 08:41 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:39 wei2coolman wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG tank or not?"

Ftfy

lol I'm scared to go back down that road.

On another unrelated topic (dear lord) I've just started watching Hataraku Maou-sama, it's really funny. How come I've never heard of it until I got to a very deep, dark part of the internet?

maybe because you didn't bother to check out our ADT? : )
for the record, Hataraku is actually pretty famous, talked about and well liked, so you might have just been on the wrong websites
also chichan sucks ashiya + suzuno best girls
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
August 03 2013 00:03 GMT
#1699
On August 03 2013 08:49 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 08:41 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:39 wei2coolman wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:34 kainzero wrote:
On August 03 2013 08:25 wei2coolman wrote:
All this rpg talk and no mentions of dues ex and system shock 2?

Now you've done it.

Now you've introduced the never-ending topic of "Is it an RPG tank or not?"

Ftfy

lol I'm scared to go back down that road.

On another unrelated topic (dear lord) I've just started watching Hataraku Maou-sama, it's really funny. How come I've never heard of it until I got to a very deep, dark part of the internet?

Next level multilingual puns!

I work hard.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Phunkapotamus
Profile Joined April 2010
United States496 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-03 00:08:04
August 03 2013 00:07 GMT
#1700
On August 03 2013 08:48 Alaric wrote:
wrong thread.


I think you're mistaken. This is the correct thread. It's the correct thread for everything.
"Do a barrel roll"
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47539
Hyuk 1356
Jaedong 817
EffOrt 436
Soma 424
Horang2 369
Soulkey 365
actioN 349
BeSt 340
Mini 320
[ Show more ]
Last 272
Zeus 263
Light 260
Stork 233
910 176
Larva 170
ggaemo 138
Snow 124
Rush 113
ZerO 95
Killer 83
Pusan 80
Mind 66
JYJ 47
Shine 46
Sharp 45
Creator 43
hero 31
Free 30
Shinee 29
Yoon 26
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
Noble 14
sorry 10
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi779
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff497
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1618
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2021
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax268
byalli264
DeMusliM245
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King57
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1542
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11m
Rex113
IntoTheiNu 0
The PondCast
21h 11m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.