• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9546 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 49

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 331 Next
No more bad posting
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
August 01 2013 11:56 GMT
#961
On August 01 2013 20:55 DonKey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 17:35 zer0das wrote:
On August 01 2013 17:24 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On August 01 2013 17:20 Scip wrote:
I have never heard of someone being promoted from gold1 to plat3 or anything similiar. Nor have I seen anyone skip more than 1 division (dia5 to dia3, dia3 to dia1). To not skip from d3 to d1, but get to dia2 instead is called "to bly"


lame i asked earlier and two people told me otherwise

THEY GAVE ME FALSE EXPECTATIONS SO I COULD BE DISAPPOINTED

I GOT SET UP

this blows then cuz i'd have to win 10 games in a row even if i get like 40 lp to go from 5 to 1 that's so many games qq

even if i get 50 lp (does that happen?) it's still like 8 games zz


If you don't like that, you're not going to like clamping in gold 1... xD

Oh my god...
I spent around 150 games between 85-100 LP for gold 1....
Was not cool. I had to keep trying to tell my self LP is only cosmetic as my friends laughed at my pitiful gold lowbie status.
Fortunately this week I joined the platinum master race. Hooray!


Welcome to Plat elo hell, I've been stuck in plat elo since S2.
Hey! How you doin'?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 12:03:00
August 01 2013 12:01 GMT
#962
On August 01 2013 20:39 Sponkz wrote:
Kobe and jatt? What the fuck man, they both look like teenagers. Rivington is way more hand-some than any commentators and pro players lol.

they are both noticeably older than me, I don't see a problem with finding Jatt hot

your face is punchable teut
apart from the +4 boxing racial advantage, you'd probably floor me in 5 seconds LOL
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
ExoFun
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2041 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 12:19:07
August 01 2013 12:18 GMT
#963
I am such a retard when its about playing ranked... so much anxiety and now i am bugged :p..
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I even decayed to silver because i didnt play enough... in normals i sometimes play with diamond 1's and i really got good communication with them and play real good, but i just cant take myself to play them ranked althought i am doing fine in matches (10-3). Can TL help me?:D
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 12:20:29
August 01 2013 12:20 GMT
#964
If you don't enjoy playing soloq you shouldn't imo.Otherwise you could always make someone click soloq and tell you it's normal draft or something lol.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
August 01 2013 12:21 GMT
#965
100 pts =/= promotion series, ur MMR is stuck. keep winning till ur promo series.
ExoFun
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2041 Posts
August 01 2013 12:21 GMT
#966
Also what is do you mean with this darkness thingy? finally done with the 50 pages in ALL <3 never stop reading when your in 13 of 20 pages before sleeping because these damn topics are growing dem to fast but it was good(except the troll)

Also Neo I may steal the darkness thing for an upcoming mafia game I'll be hosting in the Mafia subforum.
ExoFun
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2041 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 12:26:08
August 01 2013 12:23 GMT
#967
On August 01 2013 21:21 justiceknight wrote:
100 pts =/= promotion series, ur MMR is stuck. keep winning till ur promo series.

The problem is that i was in promo then i didnt played ranked before 10 hours before i decayed but then i played again and in the 3/4 weeks after my last promomatch i just dropped off promo and became 89 points although i was still in my promo... So maybe i am still in my promo?

And also in my last promo match i was all matched with gold1/2 and plat 5 so my MMR is still ok.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
August 01 2013 12:26 GMT
#968
On August 01 2013 21:01 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 20:39 Sponkz wrote:
Kobe and jatt? What the fuck man, they both look like teenagers. Rivington is way more hand-some than any commentators and pro players lol.

they are both noticeably older than me, I don't see a problem with finding Jatt hot

your face is punchable teut
apart from the +4 boxing racial advantage, you'd probably floor me in 5 seconds LOL


true dat
muhammad ali was like 1/8th irish AND black talk about op hybrid classes
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
August 01 2013 12:28 GMT
#969
On August 01 2013 21:01 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 20:39 Sponkz wrote:
Kobe and jatt? What the fuck man, they both look like teenagers. Rivington is way more hand-some than any commentators and pro players lol.

they are both noticeably older than me, I don't see a problem with finding Jatt hot

your face is punchable teut
apart from the +4 boxing racial advantage, you'd probably floor me in 5 seconds LOL



I can beat the both of you with 1 arm tied to my back. Madness OP
hi
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
August 01 2013 12:31 GMT
#970
shut up we will batter your ego with our superior lol skills
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
August 01 2013 12:33 GMT
#971
On August 01 2013 20:39 Sponkz wrote:
Kobe and jatt? What the fuck man, they both look like teenagers. Rivington is way more hand-some than any commentators and pro players lol.


Rivington has a babyface with a beard, that's not handsome.

I'm perfectly fine with Kobe being the most handsome and jatt being thr cutest though.
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
DonKey_
Profile Joined May 2010
Liechtenstein1356 Posts
August 01 2013 12:49 GMT
#972
On August 01 2013 21:33 Badboyrune wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 20:39 Sponkz wrote:
Kobe and jatt? What the fuck man, they both look like teenagers. Rivington is way more hand-some than any commentators and pro players lol.


Rivington has a babyface with a beard, that's not handsome.

I'm perfectly fine with Kobe being the most handsome and jatt being thr cutest though.

Oh qt Jatt and his Luscious lips.
`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
August 01 2013 12:53 GMT
#973
On August 01 2013 21:23 ExoFun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 21:21 justiceknight wrote:
100 pts =/= promotion series, ur MMR is stuck. keep winning till ur promo series.

The problem is that i was in promo then i didnt played ranked before 10 hours before i decayed but then i played again and in the 3/4 weeks after my last promomatch i just dropped off promo and became 89 points although i was still in my promo... So maybe i am still in my promo?

And also in my last promo match i was all matched with gold1/2 and plat 5 so my MMR is still ok.

Contact support? iirc there have been legit problems with people's account state when they let themselves decay out of a promo match.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 01 2013 12:58 GMT
#974
On August 01 2013 14:34 NeoIllusions wrote:
What about Cheep is like me?

Sister souls.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
August 01 2013 13:05 GMT
#975
we need to come up with dnd style racial advantages for european countries why did nobody think of this before
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 01 2013 13:11 GMT
#976
How come I'm not a born swimmer and don't like beach and water stuff at all then? Where do I get to spend my perk points for relinquishing those Breton traits? >.>
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
August 01 2013 13:20 GMT
#977
I have a question about placement matches. I am wondering how placement matches work. I know how ELO and MMR works, but how do placement matches work when it comes to MMR and ELO. Are the first 10 much more important then match 11, or do they have the same effect on your MMR? Kind of hard to explain my question, haha. Thanks.
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 13:41:39
August 01 2013 13:40 GMT
#978
On August 01 2013 22:20 Beardedclam wrote:
I have a question about placement matches. I am wondering how placement matches work. I know how ELO and MMR works, but how do placement matches work when it comes to MMR and ELO. Are the first 10 much more important then match 11, or do they have the same effect on your MMR? Kind of hard to explain my question, haha. Thanks.


elo and mmr are the same thing with respect to league. it's not clear from your post whether you're aware of this so i thought it couldn't hurt to point out.

i don't know how elo adjustments have been changed since season 2, if at all, and i don't believe that information on changes has been made public. however, the system should be essentially the same - on a fresh account, placement matches (first ten) are worth roughly 50 mmr each from a starting point of 1200. after placement matches, the value of each match declines from around 40 to 10-15 over the next 40 games.

unrelated, but 49 pages after less than 48 hours wow so pringles
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 01 2013 13:47 GMT
#979
On August 01 2013 15:45 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:39 Stupidity wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:38 wei2coolman wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:36 Stupidity wrote:
Hi guys, quick question. I'm a masters level SC2 player trying to make the transition to League right now but am getting stuck with a bunch of idiots on my team every game. What I don't understand is how everyone is so toxic in this game. Even some of the streamers I see here are really stupid and make shit plays but won't admit them. Why is that? I'm stuck in silver right now because every time I die, my team calls me a noob and just AFKs or does something stupid. I can't play the champions I want to play (Teams won't let me play Karma, even though I've seen pro players pick her) because they just say I'm stupid and bad.

How do I get myself out? In SC2, it was always just me vs. the other guy. Here I have to babysit and take care of 4 stupid kids every single game while putting up with all this shit. All League players seem to be very toxic and it's just a very bad environment. I don't understand because these people are not only bad, but they can't admit their own mistakes, and they blame others. I read threads in this forum and the ones in the QQ thread basically sum up League of Legends as a whole. A toxic community full of toxic players. I know I'm better than everyone here, I just feel very restricted because others are dragging me down. I've tried watching some people stream, but there are rarely any good streamers here on TL, and most of them are toxic too. Even players like Destiny are what I consider toxic players. Why do you people put up with incorrect theorycrafting and just overall bad play and bad ideas?

What do you think? I'm sure others here experience the same thing. What do you suggest I do?

the post and name fits so damn well.

Perfect example of what I'm talking about. I'm trying to ask for help and I get this idiot berating me for no reason.

Maybe being so defensive after asking for help is one of the reasons you feel like everybody is dumb and is picking on you >.>

Honestly I've found that in most cases, what you give is what you get. I thought silver was a fucking den of vipers until I had an epiphany (aka playing Katawa Shoujo) and just decided to be a bro in game. Turns out that everyone is emotionally inconsistent and will, for the most part, match the vibe you set in game. Stop thinking "I know I'm better than everyone else here" because that's what everyone else thinks and it gets you absolutely nowhere. So having that kind of mindset is solo-queue suicide.

TLDR just be nice

TLDR Katawa Shoujo changes lives for the better <3

Honestly tho, I have noticed (and I'm sure my stream viewers have as well) a huge difference in my overall skill level and victory percentage based on my attitude. I'm pretty sold on the fact that this game is like 80% mindset at minimum, even with my last hitting I can win lanes and games when I'm not breaking my fist on the wall.

Just gotta relax~ + Show Spoiler +
It's your boy Guzma!
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
August 01 2013 13:58 GMT
#980
On August 01 2013 22:20 Beardedclam wrote:
I have a question about placement matches. I am wondering how placement matches work. I know how ELO and MMR works, but how do placement matches work when it comes to MMR and ELO. Are the first 10 much more important then match 11, or do they have the same effect on your MMR? Kind of hard to explain my question, haha. Thanks.


Like many ELO based systems, league has an increased K-value for your first games so you will move quickly from the provisional rating towards your expected rating. It's hidden now, but it appears that the K-value is the same for the first 10 and tapers off slowly after the placement matches.
日本語が分かりますか
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1273
BeSt 333
Soulkey 238
Soma 223
sorry 144
Mind 64
Larva 52
Bale 26
ZerO 25
soO 21
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 613
Counter-Strike
edward419
Other Games
summit1g9202
Coldzera 687
WinterStarcraft660
singsing377
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos1076
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.