• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6890 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 220

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 218 219 220 221 222 331 Next
No more bad posting
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 12 2013 03:17 GMT
#4381
On August 12 2013 09:59 Alaric wrote:
(It's obviously better if you plan on rushing dragon, but this isn't a situation supposed to occurr often.)


Since W is capped at 300 damage vs. monsters, level 1-2 W is better vs. Dragon.anyway - max E is probably the "ideal" thing to level for early dragons.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 12 2013 03:18 GMT
#4382
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 12 2013 03:19 GMT
#4383
I'm considering going since there's basically a considerably smaller chance I can go next year seeing how it'll be in Korea.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 03:28:03
August 12 2013 03:27 GMT
#4384
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.


This this this, I like the TI3 layout much better as far as going in person(lots of games, etc), but the Worlds layout will give good storylines, etc, as well as being as great watch from home.

My friends are talking about going, and I just don't think I want to miss a week of school for it
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 12 2013 03:36 GMT
#4385
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

Disagree. I love going to baseball games, so chill.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 12 2013 03:53 GMT
#4386
On August 12 2013 12:36 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

Disagree. I love going to baseball games, so chill.

Baseball is the exception. Weather is much better during baseball season in general compared to football season though.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 12 2013 03:53 GMT
#4387
On August 12 2013 12:36 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

Disagree. I love going to baseball games, so chill.

Baseball games are a lot different and better I know then football. It doesn't hurt that baseball games tend to be dirt cheap compared to a football game or an esports event.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 12 2013 03:56 GMT
#4388
Going to a baseball game is much less about the game itself and more about just enjoying the time there. Football and Basketball require too much attention in person (even when they break every 30 seconds). Going to Sox games is one of the few activities I will willingly subject myself to the outside world for.
It's your boy Guzma!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
August 12 2013 03:58 GMT
#4389
I kind of want to go to Worlds just to have the experience.

But I'm not gonna do it by myself. I'm relatively sure I can go, I'll do it if we get a group together, but if it's not a big TL thing it'd be more fun for me to watch it at home. Either way.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 12 2013 03:59 GMT
#4390
On August 12 2013 12:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.


Kidding right? I mean, unless you are in highschool and parents wont let you go. Missing a week of University (or Law school) is totally inconsequential.
Freeeeeeedom
qanik
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1899 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 04:23:37
August 12 2013 04:17 GMT
#4391
TI3
+ Show Spoiler +
It's funny how Alliance, aka ex-CLG used split push/backdoor strategy to win the deciding game against Navi and awarded 1.4m for it.
Best Teemo World
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
August 12 2013 04:18 GMT
#4392
TI3, amazingly run. S3 Worlds, going to be amazingly run. Man, I wish SC2 had something even close to how good these events were/promise to be.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
August 12 2013 04:27 GMT
#4393
Very, Very well run tournament by Valve - certainly they have set the bar for RIOT (again)
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
August 12 2013 04:28 GMT
#4394
On August 12 2013 12:59 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.


Kidding right? I mean, unless you are in highschool and parents wont let you go. Missing a week of University (or Law school) is totally inconsequential.


Not really, that's 2 misses from each class basically. Also since I'm not in the classes yet, no way of knowing if thats midterm week or something.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 12 2013 04:30 GMT
#4395
On August 12 2013 12:59 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.


Kidding right? I mean, unless you are in highschool and parents wont let you go. Missing a week of University (or Law school) is totally inconsequential.

Eh. It really depends on the timing. September~October is easily midterm season for a lot of schools and missing class during that time can really do a number on your grades.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 12 2013 04:39 GMT
#4396
On August 12 2013 13:30 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:59 cLutZ wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.


Kidding right? I mean, unless you are in highschool and parents wont let you go. Missing a week of University (or Law school) is totally inconsequential.

Eh. It really depends on the timing. September~October is easily midterm season for a lot of schools and missing class during that time can really do a number on your grades.

Not sure how strict my classes are going to be this year, some are harsher with attendance than others. Plus I have my job down here in addition to class which I hadn't even factored in.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 04:54:16
August 12 2013 04:51 GMT
#4397
taking a whole week off may be too much. I'm going to look at taking Friday off, and trying to go either 9/20-21 or 9/27-28. It'll be really cool if we can get a TL group together. I wonder if eliminated teams are going to stick around the whole time until grand finals; Worlds spans across 4 friggin weeks.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 04:56:47
August 12 2013 04:52 GMT
#4398
On August 12 2013 13:39 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 13:30 Ryuu314 wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:59 cLutZ wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.


Kidding right? I mean, unless you are in highschool and parents wont let you go. Missing a week of University (or Law school) is totally inconsequential.

Eh. It really depends on the timing. September~October is easily midterm season for a lot of schools and missing class during that time can really do a number on your grades.

Not sure how strict my classes are going to be this year, some are harsher with attendance than others. Plus I have my job down here in addition to class which I hadn't even factored in.


If you have a job of consequence, I concur with your choice. I am just saying, I have a Law Degree and A Biomedical Engineering Degree, and no week of class (sans exams) has ever been really that useful. I mean, my roommate missed like 2 weeks because of appendicitis Soph year, and it meant nothing. Heck, if the ABA didn't have attendance requirements, no 3rd year Law Student would go to class at all.

Edit.

I was always too poor to do fun things in college. If you have a chance, do it.
Freeeeeeedom
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 12 2013 04:59 GMT
#4399
On August 12 2013 12:59 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 12:18 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:13 caelym wrote:
On August 12 2013 12:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
Watching football games live is notoriously bad. I think it's worse for sports with a lot of downtime. I wish the Season 3 finals was a one or two weekend thing. I can't really justify buying a plane ticket for one BO5.

if you take a week off work, you can catch all the groups or the quarters and semis together, but yea it is expensive

Can't take off school for a week
That would be solid but missing out on the finals hype would be kinda sad.


Kidding right? I mean, unless you are in highschool and parents wont let you go. Missing a week of University (or Law school) is totally inconsequential.


idk engineering would be really rough to miss a week on. ~20 hours of lectures and about that much in lab/tutorial time depending on the week.

Maybe if you were like a business or english major or something, but on the heavier courseload majors, missing a week condemns you to oblivion for a couple more while you desperately try to catch up, and try to schedule in times to make up labs and such.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 05:19:58
August 12 2013 05:17 GMT
#4400
If I missed a week of school, I might as well just withdraw and then move to Africa to escape my parents. It would be like AFKing for 10 minutes during a game of LoL when the teams are more or less evenly matched.

I'm a Bio/Business major, and yes Business is kind of a joke, but you still have to go through the motions because of stupid participation, daily quiz grades, etc. In theory I could just self study Human Phys and I basically already know Physics, but playing catch up would really suck. Then there's research and extra curriculars.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Prev 1 218 219 220 221 222 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2543
Leta 1274
actioN 543
BeSt 381
Mong 161
Dewaltoss 127
Killer 123
sorry 77
Larva 56
sSak 45
[ Show more ]
Bale 32
ZergMaN 31
ToSsGirL 31
Aegong 28
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 15
HiyA 12
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli626
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy249
Sick203
crisheroes189
Pyrionflax128
KnowMe108
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick706
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos949
• Stunt428
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
53m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 53m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 53m
Replay Cast
13h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.