• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:34
CEST 11:34
KST 18:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6556 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 157

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 331 Next
No more bad posting
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
August 07 2013 18:30 GMT
#3121
On August 08 2013 03:13 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:01 ReketSomething wrote:
On August 08 2013 02:54 ETisME wrote:
One of my childhood emotional scar was caused by pokemon

there was one night I stayed up playing my old brick gameboy with my watch's light so that my parents won't find out I was playing when I am supposed to be sleeping.
I played the green version andgot news from my friend that in viridian forest, you can capture pikachu. (anyone still remember how weird pikachu sound was, some really creepy metal-ish sound)
After I think around 2 hours of constant dodging battles, I finally met it and even captured it.

Somehow my dad found out I was playing, I have no idea how, maybe just by chance that he finished his tv show or something.
I was begging my dad to let me save first otherwise all my effort was wasted but my dad replied with a firm no and turned the power off.

From then on, something dark started growing inside me


Why didn't you just catch another pikachu?

Because the chance of one coming up was really small, it could mean another 2+ hour stint of running around a forest for a chance at capturing it.

Joke's on you, there are like a million pikachu in the power plant later on.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 07 2013 18:32 GMT
#3122
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 07 2013 18:33 GMT
#3123
On August 08 2013 03:30 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:13 mordek wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:01 ReketSomething wrote:
On August 08 2013 02:54 ETisME wrote:
One of my childhood emotional scar was caused by pokemon

there was one night I stayed up playing my old brick gameboy with my watch's light so that my parents won't find out I was playing when I am supposed to be sleeping.
I played the green version andgot news from my friend that in viridian forest, you can capture pikachu. (anyone still remember how weird pikachu sound was, some really creepy metal-ish sound)
After I think around 2 hours of constant dodging battles, I finally met it and even captured it.

Somehow my dad found out I was playing, I have no idea how, maybe just by chance that he finished his tv show or something.
I was begging my dad to let me save first otherwise all my effort was wasted but my dad replied with a firm no and turned the power off.

From then on, something dark started growing inside me


Why didn't you just catch another pikachu?

Because the chance of one coming up was really small, it could mean another 2+ hour stint of running around a forest for a chance at capturing it.

Joke's on you, there are like a million pikachu in the power plant later on.

Well yes but you want him now!! I know I definitely did what ETisME did...
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 07 2013 18:41 GMT
#3124
On August 08 2013 03:25 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 02:35 AsnSensation wrote:
On August 07 2013 21:52 Zdrastochye wrote:
So after TB's shenanigans, I was thinking, maybe we should randomly drop totalbiscuit's name in the GD thread for no reason at all to throw him off our scent? Boy who cried wolf, and all.

Totalbiscuit.

http://www.lolking.net/search?name=5hitcombo

Looks like there's a few 5hitcombos.


I really like this haha

Totalbuscuit kappa.

Also I always knew Xizor's are controversial but at this point I don't know if he's trolling. I don't wanna go in depht about his point that Riot purposely keeps the lcs numbers low to keep release champ purchases (lol) but thinking dota2 will overtake League in Korea by next year is straight up delusional. League will, if it already hasn't, reach the same status as Broodward of 05-07.

Packed studios everytime with people having to camp 5 or 6 hours earlier to even get in. OGN charging for an event for the first time and more than 8k tickets selling out how fast? half an hour? nope not gonna happen any time soon.


Now that we have common ground, wagers on how iG will do at S3 worlds should start heating up. I guess we should wait to see if they even make it, but if they don't what does that say?

Nah I'm joking. But the totalbiscuit thing should be a thing.

Totalbiscuit.

I bought lard and tallow the other day. I've always wanted to make totalbiscuits without using butter, instead using animal fats.

I dunno about iG. Call me an OMG bandwagon hopper.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 07 2013 18:42 GMT
#3125
On August 08 2013 03:32 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!

Wasn't invited, and I kinda don't wanna have to bother with prelims.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 07 2013 18:52 GMT
#3126
On August 08 2013 03:42 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:32 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!

Wasn't invited, and I kinda don't wanna have to bother with prelims.

Hmmm really? Does it show the invite list anywhere?
Considering this sort of thing relies on popularity I would think your Reddit horde might have something to say about that.
I definitely understand not wanting to work through prelims though.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 07 2013 18:55 GMT
#3127
On August 08 2013 03:42 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:32 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!

Wasn't invited, and I kinda don't wanna have to bother with prelims.

Was kinda hoping for "Your will, my hands."
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 07 2013 18:56 GMT
#3128
If you guys are interested meanwhile in EUW challenger smart people (A spanish team with samux and exter) have picked jungle kha'zix vs copenhagen wolves (Whom appear to have replaced cowtard)
http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv
Glorious SEA doto
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 18:58:12
August 07 2013 18:57 GMT
#3129
On August 08 2013 03:42 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:32 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!

Wasn't invited, and I kinda don't wanna have to bother with prelims.


I don't think they've done invites yet, just announced they're doing a Lee tourney. It won't be until after worlds, so that's still a ways out.

Edit: Also as to the earlier topic about Aegis/Locket, Meteos has also been saying on his stream lately that he considers it to now be a situational buy at best, and finds himself not building it much.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 07 2013 18:58 GMT
#3130
On August 08 2013 03:41 kainzero wrote:
I dunno about iG. Call me an OMG bandwagon hopper.

OMG has the best chance of any Chinese team to actually go to worlds. As to how they do there, I simply would never put my money on a team that is at their first foreign LAN event. Too unpredictable.
Moderator
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
August 07 2013 19:00 GMT
#3131
On August 08 2013 03:42 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:32 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!

Wasn't invited, and I kinda don't wanna have to bother with prelims.


i'll get you invited
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 07 2013 19:04 GMT
#3132
On August 08 2013 03:58 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:41 kainzero wrote:
I dunno about iG. Call me an OMG bandwagon hopper.

OMG has the best chance of any Chinese team to actually go to worlds. As to how they do there, I simply would never put my money on a team that is at their first foreign LAN event. Too unpredictable.

The recent IEM, didn't WE win that? Looks like positions among chinese teams seem pretty shifty.
liftlift > tsm
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:18:43
August 07 2013 19:04 GMT
#3133
Who will represent TL!?

"@Leaguepedia: Application for the Preliminary Best Lee Sin NA tournament is now open, inviting all Diamond Lee Sin players to apply http://t.co/BTAUiM1wS3"
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:04:53
August 07 2013 19:04 GMT
#3134
On August 08 2013 04:00 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:42 HazMat wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:32 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh shits Shake, you'd better practice for that Best Lee NA tournament!

Wasn't invited, and I kinda don't wanna have to bother with prelims.


i'll get you invited



Oh snap Don gtrsrs is on the job!
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:10:55
August 07 2013 19:08 GMT
#3135
On August 08 2013 03:25 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 02:35 AsnSensation wrote:
On August 07 2013 21:52 Zdrastochye wrote:
So after TB's shenanigans, I was thinking, maybe we should randomly drop totalbiscuit's name in the GD thread for no reason at all to throw him off our scent? Boy who cried wolf, and all.

Totalbiscuit.

http://www.lolking.net/search?name=5hitcombo

Looks like there's a few 5hitcombos.


I really like this haha

Totalbuscuit kappa.

Also I always knew Xizor's are controversial but at this point I don't know if he's trolling. I don't wanna go in depht about his point that Riot purposely keeps the lcs numbers low to keep release champ purchases (lol) but thinking dota2 will overtake League in Korea by next year is straight up delusional. League will, if it already hasn't, reach the same status as Broodward of 05-07.

Packed studios everytime with people having to camp 5 or 6 hours earlier to even get in. OGN charging for an event for the first time and more than 8k tickets selling out how fast? half an hour? nope not gonna happen any time soon.


Now that we have common ground, wagers on how iG will do at S3 worlds should start heating up. I guess we should wait to see if they even make it, but if they don't what does that say?

Nah I'm joking. But the totalbiscuit thing should be a thing.

Totalbiscuit.


I think iG should worry about qualifying first, then we can continue our love&hate relationship

oh and if they qualify I would actually "take your side", if it would come down to a rematch of iG vs M5 :D unless they show beastmode in superweek after their bootcamp haha

totalbiscuit

best LS NA and Shake wasn't invited wtf? Do the people from leaguepedia actually know their server?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 07 2013 19:11 GMT
#3136
I'm actually wondering who the other Lee players even are. At least with the Riven players I knew about a few of them.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
August 07 2013 19:11 GMT
#3137
ggggggggg dropped out of challenger, played shit last few days
hopefully Ill get back there within 2 weeks
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 07 2013 19:11 GMT
#3138
On August 08 2013 02:52 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 02:37 JonGalt wrote:
On August 08 2013 01:02 Alaric wrote:
Reminds me of when I played a Japanese FFTA Rom and couldn't understand that there was an anti auto-attack law during one battle. Oh wow, the amount of red cards that one (I think most of the enemy team ended up in jail, and a third of mine before I understood it was pretty risky).


It actually took me like 4 hours to figure out there were laws. I was confused everytime I got a card.

I ended up going with emerald. For pretty much thenexusp's exact same reasoning. I chose TREECKO (Just tooled all over May. God she wants it so bad.) cause torch whatever and mudkip looked like lil bitches.

If you've ever admitted to thinking a pokemon of the same sex is cute does that make you a pokesexual? Or homopokesexual?

21st Century people. We need to establish a politically correct term.

FFTA's law system was just annoying, to be honest. Later in the game you got some really harmful laws (like Forbidden:Damage to creatures) but you could avoid them by shuffling back and forth on the world map until the laws cycled away to something that didn't matter. Stuff like forbidding Fire didn't matter when your black mage could just cast Blizzaga or Thundaga instead and it would be just as effective for 95% of the enemies.
There were a few cool missions with some interesting fixed laws that changed up how the game was played, like the one mission where everything was forbidden except for color magic (white, black, red, and blue magics).

FFTA2 had a nicer law system. Instead of cycling laws based on the day, each mission had its own preset law, so you couldn't just cycle away annoying ones. And there were some really silly laws too, like "Forbidden: Not moving exactly 3 squares" or "Forbidden: Getting Robbed" (on a mission against a bunch of thieves and pirates) or "Forbidden: Isolation"(ending your turn not next to another unit)


Edit: totalbiscuit

I didn't play ffta2 but ffta was pretty disappointing to me. Pretty much every non boss battle came down to imbalanced special effect abilities. It was like, why should I level up this cool stuff when I could just be turning dudes into statues every round. The laws seemed intended to prevent this, which didn't work, so they just ended up being annoying. The tactics aspect didn't feel that strong either, maybe because the ai and general difficulty were set so low.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 07 2013 19:11 GMT
#3139
On August 08 2013 04:04 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:58 TheYango wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:41 kainzero wrote:
I dunno about iG. Call me an OMG bandwagon hopper.

OMG has the best chance of any Chinese team to actually go to worlds. As to how they do there, I simply would never put my money on a team that is at their first foreign LAN event. Too unpredictable.

The recent IEM, didn't WE win that? Looks like positions among chinese teams seem pretty shifty.

The game is volatile, it's very hard to dominate consistently. It's even more volatile than other games because of the constant patching.

But I generally like OMG's teamwork, they play very clean.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
August 07 2013 19:12 GMT
#3140
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scip!

Totalbiscuit
Useless wet fish.
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Dota 2
Gorgc68
Counter-Strike
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns44759
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9539
Livibee218
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1567
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
26m
Afreeca Starleague
26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.