• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:53
CEST 22:53
KST 05:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12777 users

Obama stops DEA raids of medical marijuana dispensaries -…

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
March 01 2009 23:35 GMT
#101
On March 02 2009 06:45 Murk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 10:22 Osmoses wrote:
Question is how many people will smoke weed once it's legalized, seeing as how it won't be cool anymore

whoever smokes weed to be "cool" is a retard .....


Then the average IQ of my school just dropped to about a 65.
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
March 01 2009 23:55 GMT
#102
Its About time.
XK ßubonic
soybomb
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
92 Posts
March 02 2009 00:05 GMT
#103
Man, I'm so happy Obama is our president!
Clasic
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Bosnia-Herzegovina1437 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-02 00:05:29
March 02 2009 00:05 GMT
#104
[image loading]

Awesome.
I cought it in time <3
No no no no its not mine!
intotherainx
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States504 Posts
March 04 2009 14:55 GMT
#105
On March 02 2009 09:05 Clasic wrote:
[image loading]

Awesome.
I cought it in time <3

sick as hell haha ee han timing

fuck that, pot should be legal for recreational use too
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
March 04 2009 15:00 GMT
#106
lol ^

nice
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
March 04 2009 15:34 GMT
#107
On March 02 2009 09:05 soybomb wrote:
Man, I'm so happy Obama is our president!

To be perfectly honest, it's not tied that deeply into Obama's ideology. We know he smoked, but given the circumstances most possible presidents (probably even McCain) would have done this too.

Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. DEA has to cut their budget.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
March 04 2009 16:09 GMT
#108
On March 01 2009 07:02 Empyrean wrote:
WAIT GUYS!

MARIJUANA IS A GATEWAY DRUG!!!

<_<

It looks like all those drug education videos students have to watch in junior high school are gonna need to be scrapped ;D



Because it is illegal is the only reason its a gateway drug imo.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
March 04 2009 16:46 GMT
#109
I have to think that legalizing marijuana would probably contribute to our growing obesity problem. I mean it basically encourages laying about and eating alot, the two main reasons Americans are fat to begin with.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
March 04 2009 17:27 GMT
#110
That's a pretty good argument, GeneralStan. I was thinking that legalizing it would be a pretty good idea because of the extra tax dollars. I suppose if the revenue was used for weight loss programs...
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
March 04 2009 17:33 GMT
#111
Isnt it kinda paradoxal that the republicans are the party of individual responsability but are against a shitload of personal liberties ?
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 04 2009 20:58 GMT
#112
...I don't like weed....personally hate being high. I'd rather be drunk. And I only enjoy being high WHILE I'm drunk. Kinda pisses me off.

Personally I prefer the method of having possession and sale of Marijuana being a felony charge. Revoke right to vote and eligibility for other government programs. Raise the fine, or offer the option of 2 months jail time. Stiffer penalties is my philosophy. That argument that it's not addictive is retarded in my opinion.

Like I said. I despise being high.

But that's just how I feel.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-04 21:30:35
March 04 2009 21:09 GMT
#113
A felony charge? We are in this position because of stiffer penalties, state prisons are over crowding and there are ridiculous future projections on the prison population's for the near future and the amount of prisons that we need to build to occupy new incoming offenders. Housing inmates is super expensive, it cost A LOT to build just a single cell, things have to be made special so that prisoners can't turn their environment into weapons etc..Stiffer penalties often have adverse affects, this is one of those situations. There are already drastically harsh penalties when considering repeat offender statues and California's 3 strike laws. Harsher penalties is a ridiculous idea in my opinion and have not heard any suggestion from any of my crj professors or law enforcement individuals I've met. Drug use is an educational/health problem, there is no solution the criminal justice system can offer that can help, the justice system is only reactive when we need a proactive solution.

Edit: In terms of marihuana being addictive, I don't know anyone personally that smokes everyday, I know people who smoke on the weekend or on occasion, or in other words very rarely. It may be slightly addictive but I know people who smoke cigarettes everyday, packs a day, for years, a lifetime. I think it's safe to say relative to many other substances marihuana is at the bottom of the barrel. Anyway, I don't think what the issue should be is addictiveness or even the consequences to a person's body, I think at issue is if we should have the right to put whatever we want into our bodies.
TEXAN
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
March 04 2009 22:27 GMT
#114
On March 05 2009 05:58 ~OpZ~ wrote:
...I don't like weed....personally hate being high. I'd rather be drunk. And I only enjoy being high WHILE I'm drunk. Kinda pisses me off.

Personally I prefer the method of having possession and sale of Marijuana being a felony charge. Revoke right to vote and eligibility for other government programs. Raise the fine, or offer the option of 2 months jail time. Stiffer penalties is my philosophy. That argument that it's not addictive is retarded in my opinion.

Like I said. I despise being high.

But that's just how I feel.


...I don't like alcohol....personally I hate being drunk. I'd rather be high. And I have never managed to enjoy being drunk ever, it even activates my migraine and i become this really anoying person that curses everyone talks really loud and pass out on my vomit.

Personally I prefer the method of having possession and sale of Marijuana being completely legalized. Revoke right to vote and eligibility for other government programs. Get some tax going and fix some of the fucking HEALTH problems your country has.

Like I said. I despise being drunk, and I can be as biased as you.
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
LeeK
Profile Joined February 2009
Cook Islands16 Posts
March 04 2009 23:07 GMT
#115
On March 01 2009 07:32 eXigent. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 07:10 radiumz0rz wrote:
if it gets heavily, heavily taxed and regulated, i'm for it


If you put heavy taxes on weed then you are not solving the problem at all. Legalizing it with a severely steep tax on top would only make illegal weed dealers more prosperous because no one is going to buy something alot more expensive. Especially when growers / sellers can give it away for much much cheaper. If anything, you would be making the problem worse that way.

The goal is to eliminate the illegal dealers etc, and the violence and crime that go along with it. The best way to do that, is to not only legalize it, but sell it at a cheaper price than it is on the streets. Currently most marijuana goes for $10 a gram. however, dealers can buy it for close to $3 dollars a gram from a grower. If the government dropped the price to $3-4 dollars per gram, then it just wouldn't be worth it for weed dealers to continue selling it.



Truth!
zerg is cool.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 05 2009 05:40 GMT
#116
On March 05 2009 07:27 D10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2009 05:58 ~OpZ~ wrote:
...I don't like weed....personally hate being high. I'd rather be drunk. And I only enjoy being high WHILE I'm drunk. Kinda pisses me off.

Personally I prefer the method of having possession and sale of Marijuana being a felony charge. Revoke right to vote and eligibility for other government programs. Raise the fine, or offer the option of 2 months jail time. Stiffer penalties is my philosophy. That argument that it's not addictive is retarded in my opinion.

Like I said. I despise being high.

But that's just how I feel.


...I don't like alcohol....personally I hate being drunk. I'd rather be high. And I have never managed to enjoy being drunk ever, it even activates my migraine and i become this really anoying person that curses everyone talks really loud and pass out on my vomit.

Personally I prefer the method of having possession and sale of Marijuana being completely legalized. Revoke right to vote and eligibility for other government programs. Get some tax going and fix some of the fucking HEALTH problems your country has.

Like I said. I despise being drunk, and I can be as biased as you.


As I stated, that was "just how I feel."

I ADMITTED I was biased.

It's how I feel. I'm fairly more conservative in that respect.

Yea, revoke the right to vote and eligibility for government programs. Generally those are consequences of felony charges.

But thanks for attacking me and "health" problems my country has. I don't give two shits about that. I didn't make my post about health. It's not an issue I'm discussing right now. Plz ignore it and focus on what I said. I didn't attack anyone else. I feel addiction is a retarded argument because the argument is more about the definition of addiction. I stated how I feel about an issue I have to deal with daily. My gf, and several of my best friends, spend quite an amount of time stoned. (And for the guy who said he doesn't know anyone who smokes everyday, I have seen my gf and one of my best friend, and his gf at the time smoke almost every day over the summer. Of course more than once on most days too.)

I stated rather specific things for making it a felony. Not all felonies = Jail time. Just the penalties of having a felony on your record come of it. Thats the bigger consequence of my idea of stiffer penalties. But I really don't care. I won't enjoy smoking, so it doesn't matter. I was just annoyed I added that little disclaimer of "its just how I feel" and the idiot still had to attack my statement like I was actually doing something to enforce it.

Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
armed_
Profile Joined November 2008
Canada443 Posts
March 05 2009 05:58 GMT
#117
Apparently how much you personally enjoy something is a valid argument for its legality now? K.
Piretes
Profile Joined April 2008
Netherlands218 Posts
March 05 2009 08:34 GMT
#118
On March 05 2009 01:46 GeneralStan wrote:
I have to think that legalizing marijuana would probably contribute to our growing obesity problem. I mean it basically encourages laying about and eating alot, the two main reasons Americans are fat to begin with.


Ever seen a fat junkie?
Piretes
Profile Joined April 2008
Netherlands218 Posts
March 05 2009 08:41 GMT
#119
On March 05 2009 05:58 ~OpZ~ wrote:
...I don't like weed....personally hate being high. I'd rather be drunk. And I only enjoy being high WHILE I'm drunk. Kinda pisses me off.

Personally I prefer the method of having possession and sale of Marijuana being a felony charge. Revoke right to vote and eligibility for other government programs. Raise the fine, or offer the option of 2 months jail time. Stiffer penalties is my philosophy. That argument that it's not addictive is retarded in my opinion.

Like I said. I despise being high.

But that's just how I feel.


On March 05 2009 05:58 ~OpZ~ wrote:

I stated rather specific things for making it a felony. Not all felonies = Jail time. Just the penalties of having a felony on your record come of it. Thats the bigger consequence of my idea of stiffer penalties. But I really don't care. I won't enjoy smoking, so it doesn't matter. I was just annoyed I added that little disclaimer of "its just how I feel" and the idiot still had to attack my statement like I was actually doing something to enforce it.



You didn't state any good reasons to stiff these penalties. Your post was biased, and not giving any reasons for what you are proposing besided 'I hate weed cause I dont like getting high' and comes off as really arrogant and self-centered.

On topic, legalizing the stuff is probably the best solution long-term, as the government can control both the quality (stuff you buy on the street poses much more health risks) and the quantity of avaible weed, prevent teenagers from getting the stuff, and marginalize criminals. Weed itself is much less harmfull than alcohol, so I don't see why it can't be legal. Government can make money on it and save money on policework.
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
March 05 2009 09:17 GMT
#120
On March 05 2009 01:46 GeneralStan wrote:
I have to think that legalizing marijuana would probably contribute to our growing obesity problem. I mean it basically encourages laying about and eating alot, the two main reasons Americans are fat to begin with.

I'd say 90% of stoners are skinny bastards, myself included. This is a ridiculous fear.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18986
Calm 2090
Shuttle 329
White-Ra 175
Mini 169
ZZZero.O 141
firebathero 76
soO 12
Sacsri 7
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1520
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5105
Liquid`Hasu668
Other Games
summit1g8068
Liquid`RaSZi2147
FrodaN1922
fl0m1308
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax216
IndyStarCraft 210
Livibee184
Mew2King54
ToD39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick947
BasetradeTV252
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 27
• musti20045 4
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki38
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1401
• Shiphtur553
• WagamamaTV357
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 7m
Replay Cast
2h 7m
OSC
15h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.