• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:05
CEST 10:05
KST 17:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8580 users

Image-Based Writing Contest - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
January 05 2009 03:31 GMT
#41
On January 05 2009 12:26 GeneralStan wrote:
Is it now okay to post the images we're writing on? (solicit some ideas from our fellow writers, maybe)


i think since its a contest, no. be original yo! And god, wtf the image i got, i have so many good ideas, but when i write them they sound like complete shit!
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-05 08:47:57
January 05 2009 03:31 GMT
#42
Good question, I will leave it up to your fellow writers and you to decide that, I guess.

You guys can discuss what your thoughts are on the matter, and then if you guys reach a consensus, you can go with that. Otherwise, when I get back, I will say yes or no depending on responses. Assume no unless there is an overwhelming vote for yes, though.

Edit: Actually, reading CaucasianAsian's response, lets go with no. The less we discuss the images the more creative everyone will be.

Edit2: And I am now officially back from my thing, so entries are now closed.
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
January 05 2009 03:34 GMT
#43
I think collaboration is a creativity in its own right, but I will do all my own creativity!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
January 05 2009 22:07 GMT
#44
I was worried I'd be tempted to collaborate so I submitted it shortly after receiving the picture.

Crisis averted.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
January 06 2009 01:49 GMT
#45
On January 04 2009 00:43 D4EMON wrote:
yeah i cant wait to get started


zomg daemon when did you start posting at TL!!

This contest confuses me.... I'll try reading the OP again.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
January 06 2009 02:02 GMT
#46
On January 06 2009 07:07 micronesia wrote:
I was worried I'd be tempted to collaborate so I submitted it shortly after receiving the picture.

Crisis averted.
You're done already?
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
January 06 2009 02:54 GMT
#47
On January 06 2009 11:02 Falcynn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2009 07:07 micronesia wrote:
I was worried I'd be tempted to collaborate so I submitted it shortly after receiving the picture.

Crisis averted.
You're done already?

Yeah.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-06 03:02:22
January 06 2009 03:00 GMT
#48
Im almost done as well, but im gonna keep polishing my text until the time is up

My english can be pretty bad if I dont pay attention.

Edit: oh and about collaboration, I think its ok as long as its not done in the forums.

Im not doing it, but I work 10 times better when im trying to create something with someone, an enabler.
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
January 06 2009 03:04 GMT
#49
Is it supposed to be a secret whose picture you are working on? I figured out whose mine is but I won't say anything if it's a secret.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
January 06 2009 06:33 GMT
#50
my picture is... o.o

it will be interesting.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
Tensai176
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada2061 Posts
January 06 2009 07:01 GMT
#51
Mine's pretty boring =(.

Thanks LemonWalrus, (I assume its yours) xp.
We see things they'll never see
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
January 06 2009 09:22 GMT
#52
I didn't join Tensai, I think the person that sent it in just put my name in the file name.

And micro, yeah, the person that sent yours used his name as the filename, but w/e.

Should I just post a list of who got who's pictures?
p4ge
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada160 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-06 15:31:42
January 06 2009 15:31 GMT
#53
sounds good
btw
how many contestants are there?
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
January 06 2009 16:18 GMT
#54
On January 06 2009 18:22 Lemonwalrus wrote:
I didn't join Tensai, I think the person that sent it in just put my name in the file name.

And micro, yeah, the person that sent yours used his name as the filename, but w/e.

Should I just post a list of who got who's pictures?


I dont think it alters the end result, but at least will be fun to see =)
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
January 06 2009 17:20 GMT
#55
The list would be nice! Just as much to see a list of who's actually competing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
January 06 2009 17:29 GMT
#56
i got the fugliest pic ever >.<
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-06 17:41:39
January 06 2009 17:41 GMT
#57
On January 06 2009 18:22 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Should I just post a list of who got who's pictures?
haha yeah, I'd at least like to know who got my picture and whose picture I got.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-07 00:01:29
January 06 2009 23:58 GMT
#58
Alright, here is the list:

Format = Person A is writing on - Person B's image
Caelym - Darko
CaucasianAsian - choboPEon
choboPEon - defenestrate
D10 - Caelym
D4EMON - precluded
Dead9 - GeneralStan
defenestrate - singletonwilliam
Darko - D10
Empyrean - Nitrogen
Falcynn - rushz0rz
GeneralStan - Empyrean
MasterArbiterFTW - D4EMON
Micronesia - Falcynn
Nitrogen - Dead9
precluded - MasterArbiterFTW
rushz0rz - Smurg
SingletonWilliam - Tensai176
Sky - CaucasianAsian
Smurg - Sky
Tensai176 - Micronesia

Edit: So 20 contestants total.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
January 07 2009 00:01 GMT
#59
Tensai176 it was the only picture I had of the inside of a bowling alley.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
January 07 2009 00:06 GMT
#60
On January 07 2009 09:01 micronesia wrote:
Tensai176 it was the only picture I had of the inside of a bowling alley.

Actually, funnily enough, that looked JUST like the bowling alley we used to have down the street from me. (Until it got torn down ) But I guess the case can be made that all bowling alleys look alike.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 372
Leta 307
Dewaltoss 115
sSak 58
Killer 51
Bale 36
NotJumperer 34
Aegong 32
actioN 30
ZergMaN 30
[ Show more ]
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 520
Reynor53
Counter-Strike
byalli266
Other Games
summit1g10707
olofmeister687
Happy227
Sick213
crisheroes67
KnowMe53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick760
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos687
• Stunt499
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 55m
Replay Cast
14h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.