• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:19
CEST 19:19
KST 02:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12826 users

Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
December 22 2008 04:25 GMT
#21
Dude wtf is wrong with them... going to the funeral after torturing them? Too bad that they won't live long enough to talk about their killing spree when they get older, I'm against the death punishment but this is just sick
kaisr
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada715 Posts
December 22 2008 04:25 GMT
#22
On December 22 2008 13:21 kaisr wrote:
How come I can't find a source for this?


By source I mean credible news source, I don't want to watch the video =/
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-22 04:53:13
December 22 2008 04:26 GMT
#23
I just watch the video and it was one of the most disgusting things that I have ever watched. The guy was alive the whole time. I almost had to cover my eyes when they started stabbing him in the eyes with a screwdriver and the guy was alive but barely able to move. These kids are really messed up and don't deserve prison but to be electrocuted or something.
김택용 Fighting!
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
December 22 2008 04:27 GMT
#24
Dude... What the fuck. I don't normally swear but... !!!!!!!!!!!
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
December 22 2008 04:27 GMT
#25
On December 22 2008 13:15 Romance_us wrote:
Will they be killed as result of this in Russia? They plead guilty to all charges.


we can only hope
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-22 23:28:13
December 22 2008 04:29 GMT
#26
The video is here for anyone to watch but its really gory and disgusting

[mod edit: wtf, no]
김택용 Fighting!
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
December 22 2008 04:34 GMT
#27
On December 22 2008 13:25 kaisr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2008 13:21 kaisr wrote:
How come I can't find a source for this?


By source I mean credible news source, I don't want to watch the video =/

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/12/19/ukranian-teen-serial.html

There seems to be a strange news blackout around the horrifying story of the "Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs", three Ukranian teens who apparently recently performed a series of staggeringly violent serial killings and recorded them on cellphone video and then attended the victims' funerals. Supposedly this is some of the first actual video of this kind of crime that has made it into the wild of the internet - the perspective of the deranged killer.

If you Google-news "Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs," little if anything comes up, but the video and story is all over the gore/shock sites, putting them ahead of the news organizations here in the US.

I can't watch the video, and only came across the story by cruising Encyclopedia Dramatica for teh (non-violent, tsk-tsking) lulz, but I glimpsed some stills and felt a little more heartsick about humankind because of it.
:O
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-22 05:01:07
December 22 2008 04:39 GMT
#28
On December 22 2008 13:29 Yaqoob wrote:
The video is here for anyone to watch but its really gory and disgusting


wow that's even worse than I imagined

Don't watch this if you don't want to see someone's face being smashed to a pulp and hear him scream while he's still alive while being hammered to death.

At least they were stupid enough to create this evidence, the quality of the movie leaves no doubt to the guilt of the attackers. Shocking how young these kids are, they will be in prison for at least 50 years before they die. Im still against capital punishment though, I hope they won't be convicted under Russian law.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
December 22 2008 04:46 GMT
#29
On December 22 2008 13:39 Frits wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2008 13:29 Yaqoob wrote:
The video is here for anyone to watch but its really gory and disgusting


wow that's even worse than I imagined

Don't watch this if you don't want to see someone's face being smashed to a pulp and hear him scream while he's still alive while being hammed to death.

At least they were stupid enough to create this evidence, the quality of the movie leaves no doubt to the guilt of the attackers. Shocking how young these kids are, they will be in prison for at least 50 years before they die. Im still against capital punishment though, I hope they won't be convicted under Russian law.


yeah, i'm against capital punishment as well. i'm hoping for a lengthy prison sentence, though!
:O
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
December 22 2008 04:48 GMT
#30
The video really is so much worse than I thought it would be. Plus knowing that it actually is real just adds to how horrible it is. Oh well, give it a day and it will just become something to casually look back on, like pain olympics was for everyone.
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Hyperbola
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2554 Posts
December 22 2008 04:54 GMT
#31
On December 22 2008 13:48 Valentine wrote:
The video really is so much worse than I thought it would be. Plus knowing that it actually is real just adds to how horrible it is. Oh well, give it a day and it will just become something to casually look back on, like pain olympics was for everyone.

Pain Olympics was not that bad.
Come to think of it, I think this is the only video that ever made me cringe.
####
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
December 22 2008 04:55 GMT
#32
How could someone do that to another human being. Some people are just so fucked up. I watched a little bit of the video but it seriously almost brought tears to my eyes. There is still so much evil in this world.
Hi
Azrael1111
Profile Joined July 2008
United States550 Posts
December 22 2008 04:55 GMT
#33
On December 22 2008 13:48 Valentine wrote:
The video really is so much worse than I thought it would be. Plus knowing that it actually is real just adds to how horrible it is. Oh well, give it a day and it will just become something to casually look back on, like pain olympics was for everyone.


pain olympics wasn't real and was voluntary, way different.
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-22 04:57:36
December 22 2008 04:57 GMT
#34
holy fuck sick kids, seriously chemically imbalanced
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
December 22 2008 04:58 GMT
#35
On December 22 2008 13:55 Azrael1111 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2008 13:48 Valentine wrote:
The video really is so much worse than I thought it would be. Plus knowing that it actually is real just adds to how horrible it is. Oh well, give it a day and it will just become something to casually look back on, like pain olympics was for everyone.


pain olympics wasn't real and was voluntary, way different.

Word, this video really rocked me pretty hard though. I had to pause and come back after a while, I just took a while to stare at my desktop and think, and finished it later. Really, it's just so fucked up, but we will all get over it and move on.
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
December 22 2008 04:58 GMT
#36
uugh I got sick just from reading the replies here.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
December 22 2008 05:00 GMT
#37
and I don't understand why anyone would watch that movie volutuntarily, are you seriously curious what killing someone with a screwdriver looks like?
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
December 22 2008 05:00 GMT
#38
On December 22 2008 13:58 Orome wrote:
uugh I got sick just from reading the replies here.


yeah same here
I dont wanna watch an actual video of someone getting brutally murdered wtf :<
Graphics
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
December 22 2008 05:01 GMT
#39
Does everyone think that Dnepropetrovsk is in Russia or something?
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
December 22 2008 05:03 GMT
#40
On December 22 2008 14:01 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Does everyone think that Dnepropetrovsk is in Russia or something?

I was confused since it said it was in Ukraine, I believe, and I saw people posting here about Russian law, etc. I googled it though =/
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM923
TKL 357
IndyStarCraft 255
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
ByuN 420
TKL 357
IndyStarCraft 255
BRAT_OK 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46193
Calm 3014
firebathero 157
actioN 140
Free 45
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 29
Rock 26
soO 23
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
Pusan 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9787
Dendi1121
League of Legends
Reynor206
Counter-Strike
fl0m5388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby525
Liquid`Hasu277
MindelVK16
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1784
FrodaN1067
Beastyqt748
B2W.Neo674
Mlord514
olofmeister481
Khaldor459
KnowMe300
crisheroes153
Livibee95
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick230
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 24
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Nemesis3295
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1467
Other Games
• Shiphtur713
• imaqtpie286
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 41m
OSC
5h 41m
Replay Cast
5h 41m
OSC
18h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.