• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:29
CEST 16:29
KST 23:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8671 users

[Review] Metalfest ft. Sewi's band Demise Empire - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
August 27 2008 12:19 GMT
#61
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.
Happiest man on earth
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 27 2008 12:28 GMT
#62
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.


Yeah, the different kinds of Metal differ a lot, thats definitly true!
If you dont like Death Metal, maybe you can listen to the song "Crusaders" on our profile. It has more melody in it and isnt typical Death Metal (imo)
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
August 27 2008 12:30 GMT
#63
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.

Have you ever listened to Death ?
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 27 2008 15:56 GMT
#64
On August 27 2008 21:30 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.

Have you ever listened to Death ?


The Band "Death" is (was) really good! Chuck wrote some melodies which are unforgetable...

We have one song on our Album where people say it sounds a bit like Death... When we get into the top 5 it will be on our profile
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Arcanis
Profile Joined April 2006
Croatia117 Posts
August 27 2008 16:21 GMT
#65
Voted... even if I prefer melodic death metal with a little bit clearer lyrics

Good luck
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
August 27 2008 17:31 GMT
#66
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal.



No offence to your opinions but this made me lol
My. Copy. Is. Here.
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 27 2008 17:42 GMT
#67
On August 28 2008 01:21 Arcanis wrote:
Voted... even if I prefer melodic death metal with a little bit clearer lyrics

Good luck


Thank you for your vote anyways


"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
August 27 2008 17:45 GMT
#68
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.


Try out melodic death metal... i.e. dark tranquility, children of bodom, in flames, darkest hour, norther, imperanon, etc

I think you'll like it if you enjoy thrash metal.
ZZangDreamjOy
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada959 Posts
August 27 2008 17:50 GMT
#69
On August 28 2008 02:45 AcrossFiveJulys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.


Try out melodic death metal... i.e. dark tranquility, children of bodom, in flames, darkest hour, norther, imperanon, etc

I think you'll like it if you enjoy thrash metal.


Melodic Death metal isn't "Death Metal".
Go for bands like Origin, Hate Eternal, Nile, Vomit the Hate, Decapitated, OLD Cryptopsy.

And the "black sheep" of metal would definately be raw black metal, such as Darkthrone's "Transylvanian Hunger".
But I still love that, because I'm a true metalhead.
HitEmUp
KlaCkoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1661 Posts
August 27 2008 17:53 GMT
#70
I liked the music, but I personally can't stand that kind of singing :/.
Voted anyway since you're from TL
And hey this poll looks like it could be a real challenge, we should mobilize ~~
"Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 27 2008 17:58 GMT
#71
On August 28 2008 02:53 KlaCkoN wrote:
I liked the music, but I personally can't stand that kind of singing :/.
Voted anyway since you're from TL
And hey this poll looks like it could be a real challenge, we should mobilize ~~


Thank you and QFT.

Before I posted here, we werent in the Top 10 and now its rank 6 ! Not too bad for one and a half day but I am affraid that the votes become less and less since maybe most metalheads here voted already.

But You can tell your friend to listen and maybe they like to place a vote, too

Who knows, maybe TL has the power to do this
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
August 27 2008 18:05 GMT
#72
On August 28 2008 02:31 Piy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal.



No offence to your opinions but this made me lol


O? How come? Im not really into all these different "styles" since there's just too much O.o

And I can listen to In Flames, but they're about the only ones.
Happiest man on earth
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
August 27 2008 18:11 GMT
#73
--- Nuked ---
Burned Toast *
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada2040 Posts
August 27 2008 18:13 GMT
#74
C'mon guys... 5th place must be taken for the end of the day!
TvT matchup is sometimes worse than jailtime
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 27 2008 18:19 GMT
#75
On August 28 2008 03:11 boesthius wrote:
I voted, but my slow internet won't let me listen to it .

Who do you guys sound like, could you give me an example? Or at least who are the major influences?

I haven't been listening to a lot of DM lately, I've been more on a ambient black metal spree(Zuriaake, anyone? ).


Thanks you!
Some people here said we would fit MOrbid Angel well, soundwise. Morbid Angel, Death and other Death Metal Bands form the early 90th or late 80th are big influences.
Some riffs are inspired through Black Metal Bands like Emperor, Dissection, etc.

Dont know, maybe others can describe our sound better. I am too used to it

On August 28 2008 03:13 Burned Toast wrote:
C'mon guys... 5th place must be taken for the end of the day!


Thats the real mindset
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
August 27 2008 18:40 GMT
#76
On August 27 2008 21:19 wolfy4033 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 09:23 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
On August 27 2008 04:44 Mikilatov wrote:
A -huge- metal fan, but not a huge -death metal- fan. However, I listened to some of your stuff and it's way better than most death metal. Not to mention you asked so nicely and it's always good to help out a fellow TL'er. =) Good luck dude.


how can you be a huge metal fan and not enjoy alot of death metal! :D


O.O

Metal ain't only Death Metal. I can barely listen to death metal at all since I hate it so much, but I love thrash metal and progressive metal. Death metal is just like... the beack end of metal, or the black sheep, or something u dont want but it's still there.


huh, no? Death Metal has some of the most skillful musicians/composers of all metal. I don't see how that makes it in the back end of metal. That's ironic. It's in the front of "real" metal for sure.
SchOOl_VicTIm
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Greece2394 Posts
August 27 2008 19:21 GMT
#77
yep. death metal is in its essence closer to the core of the "true" character of metal music in general, which is the expression of feelings of hate, anger, frustration etc.

ok maybe a bit towards the twisted dark side of human nature but whatever
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
August 27 2008 19:35 GMT
#78
--- Nuked ---
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
August 27 2008 19:37 GMT
#79
On August 28 2008 04:21 SchOOl_VicTIm wrote:
yep. death metal is in its essence closer to the core of the "true" character of metal music in general, which is the expression of feelings of hate, anger, frustration etc.


That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-27 19:55:29
August 27 2008 19:51 GMT
#80
On August 28 2008 04:35 boesthius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 03:19 Sewi wrote:
On August 28 2008 03:11 boesthius wrote:
I voted, but my slow internet won't let me listen to it .

Who do you guys sound like, could you give me an example? Or at least who are the major influences?

I haven't been listening to a lot of DM lately, I've been more on a ambient black metal spree(Zuriaake, anyone? ).


Thanks you!
Some people here said we would fit MOrbid Angel well, soundwise. Morbid Angel, Death and other Death Metal Bands form the early 90th or late 80th are big influences.
Some riffs are inspired through Black Metal Bands like Emperor, Dissection, etc.

Dont know, maybe others can describe our sound better. I am too used to it

On August 28 2008 03:13 Burned Toast wrote:
C'mon guys... 5th place must be taken for the end of the day!


Thats the real mindset

:D:D

<3333 Death so much. I just added you guys . Good to see there are still some bands out there who know what real metal is.


I just accepted your request on myspace. Nice to see how TLnet links people all over the world even on myspace

Keep the votes going ..
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 354
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34070
Bisu 3188
Shuttle 1777
Hyuk 1422
EffOrt 733
Mini 730
Larva 380
Soma 349
ZerO 247
firebathero 238
[ Show more ]
Sexy 123
hero 107
Zeus 92
Last 90
Killer 44
Pusan 42
Hyun 41
Mong 40
Bale 35
Trap 32
Hm[arnc] 30
ToSsGirL 30
PianO 29
Aegong 25
sorry 23
zelot 18
Rock 14
JulyZerg 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8051
qojqva1509
Dendi1036
Counter-Strike
fl0m1914
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1476
crisheroes889
Liquid`Hasu526
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1298
Beastyqt324
Livibee194
Hui .180
Liquid`VortiX143
ArmadaUGS100
Mew2King91
KnowMe82
elazer68
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7189
League of Legends
• Jankos2022
Other Games
• WagamamaTV206
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 31m
INu's Battles
21h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.