• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:29
CEST 16:29
KST 23:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8746 users

[Review] Metalfest ft. Sewi's band Demise Empire

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-23 13:40:18
August 26 2008 12:00 GMT
#1
UPDATE! Same as in my blog....

check out DEMISE EMPIRE for more information

[image loading]

[image loading]


Metalfest is over and as promised, here is my blog about this wonderful day.
I don´t really know where to start so I deceided to make it step by step, from picture to picture.
For those who don´t know what this is all about, read this thread:

Metalheads want to help out?

We arrived at the venue in Essen at ~ 1.30 pm. When we arrived, the technicians where building up the stage and setting up everything for the show:

[image loading]

[image loading]


We got our cards, so that we could show the securities, they better be nice to us The Tourmanager was very decent and we could enter the backstage area as well as the concert hall. While we were waiting, we found this:

[image loading]

[image loading]


Here is another picture, showing the unfinished stage:

[image loading]

[image loading]


The worst thing on concerts you play is the time you have nothing to do but wait wait wait… Finally at around 3:30 we were asked to get on stage and do our soundcheck. The sound engineer on stage was very nice to us and gave his best to make the stage sound as best as possible for us. So we got through our soundcheck and had enough time to play a whole song before we had to leave the stage again.

And at this time, things started to get really interesting. Our drummer (Sergej) told us, that the tour-tech of Morbid Angel listened to our soundcheck and that he really liked it. He liked it that much, that he wanted to have a Demise Empire shirt. Since we have no money to print shirts, (we have designs ready, but no money L ) we gave him one of our CDs. Hope he likes it

[image loading]

[image loading]

Our drummer (Sergej)

[image loading]

[image loading]

My Stage Setup after Soundcheck, ready for action


At 4.00 pm a lot of people accessed the concert hall and I started to get a bit nervous, since there were really many people for the early time of the day. At 4.30 we played our gig and all I can tell you is, that it was a great gig and it seemed that all the people there liked our stuff and the concert hall got really crowded in front of the stage. We managed to get throug our set quickly and had enough time to play one additional song, since many people liked what we did there.

Here are some Pictures of Demise Empire on stage:

[image loading]

[image loading]

David

[image loading]

[image loading]

Eugen

[image loading]

[image loading]

Andrej

[image loading]

[image loading]

Padlo

[image loading]

[image loading]

Eugen + David

After our show, we could enjoy the rest of Metalfest relieved and with some beer.
We went into the backstage area and I wanted to eat something at the buffet when mighty PETE SANDOVAL stood at the buffet, too.


[image loading]

[image loading]

Pete at the buffet

I asked him, if I could take a picture for my blog and he agreed and was very nice (Although he seemed a bit in his own world…. )


[image loading]

[image loading]

Pete and I (David)

I got something to eat, too and made a picture of the lunchtime buffet


[image loading]

[image loading]

Buffet


[image loading]

[image loading]

Mighty Butter after a few minutes of lunchtime

And here, another part of the backstage area:

[image loading]

[image loading]

Blond guy at the table is the bass player of Keep of Kalessin. Some other bandmembers but cant tell who is who exactly...


I met Dave Vincent, too but he was talking to one of the tour managers and I did not want to bother him.

When I showed the picture of me and Pete to our drummer Sergej, he looked amazed so I called for him when I met Pete once again in the backstage area at the dinner buffet. He asked him for a picture, too and I took the foto. Our other guitarist got lucky, too J


[image loading]

[image loading]

Sergej + Pete


[image loading]

[image loading]

Andrej + Pete

As I stood in the backstage area, I suddenly saw a pair of white sneakers and TREY AZAGTHOTH was standing in front of me! Since he is one of my favorite guitarists I asked him for a foto, too and he agreed very nicely. Sergej was lucky and stood nearby, so he could join in for the foto, which my girlfriend took.


[image loading]

[image loading]

David, Trey, Sergej

The support bands had to leave the backstage area at 8.00 pm, so I had lunch and then left the area to watch Marduk live….


[image loading]

[image loading]

Lunch


Marduk were great and we had some more beers in front of the stage. Kataklysm were not as good as I expected them to be, but the most people liked them a lot and the venue was very crowded.

Time for mighty MORBID ANGEL to join the stage at ~ 11.00 pm. Since I am running out of time, I just want to say this: MORBID ANGEL are one of the best live bands I have ever seen in my life. There presence on stage is enormous and their tightness leaves the crowd with an open mouth; literaly !
They played 80 minutes from old school to their newer songs and even one song of the upcomming album. Here you can see what you missed


[image loading]

[image loading]

Dave Vincent


[image loading]

[image loading]

Trey


Now that Metalfest is over and Me and my band had an unforgetable day, meeting our favorite musicians and being treated so nicely, I want to sayTHANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL TL METALHEADS who voted for us. You guys made a good percentage of our votes and I hope that I could give something back with this article.

Enjoy the pictures and feel free to comment


--UPDATE--

WE WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU TLnet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


+ Show Spoiler +


-- UPDATE -- (update in spoiler tags)

+ Show Spoiler +
I told the band about this thread and all the nice feedback you gave. I want to thank you again in the name of the whole band.

If you take a look at the voting you can see that we are ranked third !! Many points are given by you TL, so thank you. The distance to the first spot is getting smaller and smaller.
If you have any friends who like metal, you could maybe show them the voting? would be great.

I would never have thought that we really have a chance to get this far but now we are very motivated to win this thing.

To motivate you we came up with an idea when we rehearsed yesterday:
Since we are low on money, we cannot record a new full-length album. Now we want to record a mCD (maybe 4-5 songs), not professional but hopefully better sound than the songs on myspace...

To thank all of you and to reward those who like our music I decided to upload the new recordings to the TL-tracker for maybe one week so that everyone has the chance to get some new songs FOR FREE ! I would than bump this thread again, before the new songs will be released so that noone who wants to dl them misses this.
What do you think about the idea?

And do you think, we could win this? I think, yes but its still a way to go.

Thank you TL and I hope you see that your votes werent a waste of time


Hey,
First of all I want to say that I am not the kind of guy who creats new topics every day and ask for "stupid" things.

BUT, I am now seeing a big chance for my band to do a big big step in our "career".

On December 20th the big f***ing, genies, no other than Morbid Angel will play a gig in Essen (Germany) and people can vote one Band to support them as the Opener.

For all TL-Metalheads this is a chance to listen to some new Bands when you click through the Bands you can vote for.

Of course I would love to see some of you vote for my Band "Demise Empire" to make a dream come true.

BUT: I dont ask for blind votes from everyone here. What I would really appreciate is YOU listening to my Band on
www.myspace.com/demiseempiremyspace .

IF you like what you hear, go to

http://www.metalfest.eu/index_main.php?page=do_vote&lang=de&show=22&band=demiseempiremyspace

and vote for us.

If you dont like what you hear, maybe you just ignore this or listen to some of the other Bands on the list.


So, I have never been asking for favours here but this is such a big chance.....

Metalheads help me out please

EDIT:

for the lazy ones Demise Empire plays Death Metal.

EDIT 2: DONT FORGET TO CONFIRM YOUR VOTE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK YOU WILL GET IN YOUR EMAIL



EDIT 3: As promised, here is the Youtube video of "Crusaders". Its a live video from Dortmund/Germany. The sound sucks but who cares? (Btw.: I am the guitar player on the right with the Jackson guitar)


EDIT 4: Another Update, this time another song from the live concert in Dortmund/Germany. Have fun and feel free to comment
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
August 26 2008 12:20 GMT
#2
I really hate growling and Death Metal extremely much. But I liked the melody on one of the songs, and since you asked so nicely I'll vote for you

Good luck.
Happiest man on earth
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 26 2008 12:22 GMT
#3
On August 26 2008 21:20 wolfy4033 wrote:
I really hate growling and Death Metal extremely much. But I liked the melody on one of the songs, and since you asked so nicely I'll vote for you

Good luck.


Thats very nice Thanks a lot!
I bet you listened to "Crusaders" when you talk about melody
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
August 26 2008 12:22 GMT
#4
No idea, I just got onto the Myspace game and a song started :D
Happiest man on earth
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
August 26 2008 12:23 GMT
#5
I'm not quite into death metal, but I do like some songs so you have my vote ^^

And yea... you asked very nicely
NrG.ZaM
Profile Joined March 2008
United States267 Posts
August 26 2008 12:33 GMT
#6
You asked nicely, so I voted right now, I'll check out your band later~
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
August 26 2008 12:36 GMT
#7
hm soudns good enoguh haha.. well your band isn't even on the top 10 list on the right side so good luck :l
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Dewis
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Finland344 Posts
August 26 2008 12:42 GMT
#8
I made a similar thread for my own band and got a lot of support so I will definitely return the favor! Good luck!
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 26 2008 12:53 GMT
#9
On August 26 2008 21:36 alffla wrote:
hm soudns good enoguh haha.. well your band isn't even on the top 10 list on the right side so good luck :l


Hey, ya thats because we just started to ask friends to vote while the voting is up for quite some time now.

Maybe with your support we can push the results a bit

And thanks again for your votes so far.
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
vhallee
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
899 Posts
August 26 2008 13:29 GMT
#10
the dude on the vocals sounds a bit like Fernando Ribeiro (Moonspell's vocalist) to me
good luck there btw.
Marijuana causes amnesia and other things I don't remember.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
August 26 2008 13:35 GMT
#11
You guys sound pretty awesome

Voted.
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 26 2008 13:38 GMT
#12
On August 26 2008 22:35 Falcynn wrote:
You guys sound pretty awesome

Voted.


Thanks a lot.
If we cant win the vote, comments like this make us happy anyway
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
_Grazze_
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
834 Posts
August 26 2008 13:47 GMT
#13
Your vote was placed successfully!
Unforgiven_ve
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Venezuela1232 Posts
August 26 2008 13:49 GMT
#14
Remember: you only get ONE vote, but if you order tickets in our web shop, your vote counts ten times the number of tickets purchased!

let's buy tickets!
:)
Unforgiven_ve
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Venezuela1232 Posts
August 26 2008 13:51 GMT
#15
Your vote was placed successfully!

However, before your vote counts, you have to confirm your email address
by clicking a link in an email that was send to you right now!

dont forget to confirm people
:)
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 26 2008 13:53 GMT
#16
On August 26 2008 22:51 Unforgiven_ve wrote:
Your vote was placed successfully!

However, before your vote counts, you have to confirm your email address
by clicking a link in an email that was send to you right now!

dont forget to confirm people


Yeah, I should Edit this information in the OP Thank you
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Mhugues
Profile Joined December 2007
France112 Posts
August 26 2008 13:59 GMT
#17
Nice Sound

Voted for you too
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain
karelen
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden2407 Posts
August 26 2008 14:23 GMT
#18
voted, good luck
zzzzzz
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
August 26 2008 15:10 GMT
#19
Well, Three hours after my OP, we are now in the top 10.

Thank you guys and lets see how far we will go
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
ZZangDreamjOy
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada959 Posts
August 26 2008 15:12 GMT
#20
Voted, I have to support the only real death metal band up there.
A fucking Deathcore/screamo band is #1 though? TO SUPPORT MORBID ANGEL? WTF IS THAT SHIT.
HitEmUp
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 354
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34070
Bisu 3188
Shuttle 1777
Hyuk 1422
EffOrt 733
Mini 730
Larva 380
Soma 349
ZerO 247
firebathero 238
[ Show more ]
Sexy 123
hero 107
Zeus 92
Last 90
Killer 44
Pusan 42
Hyun 41
Mong 40
Bale 35
Trap 32
Hm[arnc] 30
ToSsGirL 30
PianO 29
Aegong 25
sorry 23
zelot 18
Rock 14
JulyZerg 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8051
qojqva1509
Dendi1036
Counter-Strike
fl0m1914
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1476
crisheroes889
Liquid`Hasu526
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1298
Beastyqt324
Livibee194
Hui .180
Liquid`VortiX143
ArmadaUGS100
Mew2King91
KnowMe82
elazer68
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7189
League of Legends
• Jankos2022
Other Games
• WagamamaTV206
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 31m
INu's Battles
21h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.