• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8977 users

PURGE 2008: A month of posting behaviour evaluated - Page 18

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 30 Next All
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
July 06 2008 07:43 GMT
#341
no flaming.. no trolling.. although I do have a few 3 letter replies in the liquitbet section.

I'll give myself a solid 6.
..
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
July 06 2008 08:37 GMT
#342
Can someone rate my posts, i dont insult anyone and i make proleage threads but i do to many 1 liners?
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
July 06 2008 08:38 GMT
#343
Hm... lately i think my post quality has been lacking, consisting more of short posts. This is partly due to boredom, i think? But, afaik, i try not to troll or flame, and i have been sorta active in the mafia thread and d2 tl team thread, and i do post in the strategy forum to help others sometimes...

So maybe 4/10, I don't know. i get the feeling that nobody here knows who i am anyway
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Polemarch
Profile Joined August 2005
Canada1564 Posts
July 06 2008 09:14 GMT
#344
I think this thread is giving the wrong impression that one-liners are necessarily bad.

e.g. of what I consider "good" one-liners.
- "Thank you" posts: manner + encourage people to contribute (see Uraeus comment about people thanking him in the small vod thread).
- "LOL" posts: like a way of thanking people for making funny jokes. Sometimes it makes me look back and catch a joke that I missed originally too.
- "YAA MA JAE YOON" posts: in the right place, like live report threads, hype threads, etc. - add to the atmosphere of the game. This isn't some stale academic forum, even if people like me are.
- Concise, insightful comments.
(Obviously these aren't huge epic contributions, but I do think they're positive and take almost no time to read.)

e.g. of what I consider bad longer posts.
- Flames.
- Incoherent wall-of-text rants. (People invest time reading these, and then get frustrated because it doesn't have a point or make any sense.)

I bring this up because it would be a shame if some misconception discouraged "good" one-liners and encouraged "bad" long posts. I think the best way to evaluate posts is Mani's subjective "don't post like an idiot" guideline. But beyond that, I'd argue that quality should be measured per-word, rather than per-post, because that's what readers care about.

That's how I see it anyway... but if there's a consensus disagreeing with it I'll adjust my posting habits.
I BELIEVE IN CAPITAL LETTER PUNISHMENT!!!!!
HaXxorIzed
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia8434 Posts
July 06 2008 09:14 GMT
#345
Decaf is correct to point out the bell curve, but I do believe as more people's posting histories are evaluated by staff results will change. It's much easier to be confident in an 8 score as a self-evaluation when others have been awarded this by say, Beyonder or another tl.net staffer, after all. : )
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HaXxorIzed
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 06 2008 10:13 GMT
#346
I have no idea where I'd stand in this system? Looking over my last like 3 pages of posts I'd say a 5 I guess.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
July 06 2008 10:23 GMT
#347
Hmmm.... I'm gonna guess 6 &_&
Sr18
Profile Joined April 2006
Netherlands1141 Posts
July 06 2008 10:56 GMT
#348
I don't contribute much but I think I will pass. My posts are either helpful or harmless.
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't Park Yeong Min - CJ fighting!
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
July 06 2008 11:37 GMT
#349
Easy 10.

Maybe a 9 for being overconfident.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
NathanSC
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States620 Posts
July 06 2008 11:52 GMT
#350
6.

Although I don't always have the most to contribute, I don't deter from the conversation or make bad one-liners. Depending on the thread, I usually make an effort to bring something to the table, for better or for worse.

And I absolutely love TeamLiquid.
d4d
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland1066 Posts
July 06 2008 12:14 GMT
#351
My score is probablly something around 9 for the last months...
Just because I posted mearly 4 or 5 times.
luck is not a factor
TL+ Member
asla
Profile Joined November 2005
Japan354 Posts
July 06 2008 12:46 GMT
#352
oh, i tried to contribute in the past at least a bit, but i have become too lazy i guess..
june was probably a solid 4
plop.
lakrismamma
Profile Joined August 2006
Sweden543 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-06 13:24:58
July 06 2008 13:24 GMT
#353
I say 6 because I dont contribute much.
I see no reason for writing stuff just for the sake of it though. Often Im so slow that in subjects that im interested in people have already posted my opinions.

edit maybe 5...
I hear thunder but theres no rain. This type of thunder breaks walls and window panes.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
July 06 2008 13:35 GMT
#354
lol a bunch of threads randomly closedO_o
good morning sir mod!
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
MoNKeYSpanKeR
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2869 Posts
July 06 2008 13:42 GMT
#355
I would say I am a 6 or maybe a 7 at best. I do drop one liners and sometimes i don't Contribute much. But I do have posts that last longer then just one line, I like to think around 1/15 of my posts atleast is pretty long and detailed. Anyway, as of late I have decided not to spam as much as I have. Plus i have been banned already by sonuvgaybob last week for this whole purging thing.
<3's Mani and Seraphim, thx for the second chance. TSL Name: TSL-mSLeGenD
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
July 06 2008 13:42 GMT
#356
Atleast 6-7 since they have not banned me yet.
trollbone
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
France1905 Posts
July 06 2008 13:56 GMT
#357
Lol, there will be really a purge ? because Beyonder started it, but now he is on vacation :p
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
July 06 2008 14:05 GMT
#358
I'd say 7.

That is because when I post, it's usually not useless crap (unless I somehow stumble upon tl.net when I come home drunk or w/e)

I'd like to think that I help some people out in for example the strategy forum and I don't think i've insulted anyone on tl.net or displayed any sort of bad manner in quite a while ;O I've been sorta watching rather than contributing lately though so yeah 6 or 7 seems fine.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
FR4CT4L
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia697 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-06 14:42:35
July 06 2008 14:42 GMT
#359
Going for a 7.

Mostly staying to the blog section as my SC knowledge is shall we say, pathetic. I started playing with some friends last year, then ran into TL when looking for strats to beat em =).

Hopefully SC2 will put me on a better playing/contributing field around here.
Veni, vidi, vici!
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-06 15:15:54
July 06 2008 15:14 GMT
#360
6? I post a lot of one-liners (mostly cuz I don't have much to say), but I try not to troll or offend anyone.
Brood War loyalist
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 129
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin61
Other Games
singsing1979
olofmeister1062
Lowko294
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe121
dupreeh100
B2W.Neo66
Livibee52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1106
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
11m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 11m
Replay Cast
12h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.