• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9457 users

Average SC Age - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
March 27 2008 22:14 GMT
#81
Im 31 been playing since late 98/early 99 with sc then to brood war
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
MarklarMarklar
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Fiji1823 Posts
March 27 2008 22:17 GMT
#82
just hit 20, i had my second age crisis thing, first was when i hit 18, i think the next one is 25
hello there
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
March 27 2008 22:24 GMT
#83
I'm 22, the thought of me being ~13 years old when i first tried Starcraft is surreal to say the least...
We make signature, then defense it.
ScarFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1175 Posts
March 27 2008 22:26 GMT
#84
16, just this year. Started the year sc came out, so I was like five. Mind you, starting means spamming ums games and sucking really badly. But hey, I still started.
Can you dig it?
mnm
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States4493 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 22:40:31
March 27 2008 22:32 GMT
#85
what if you're under 10? babo is 8.
http://www.teamliquid.net/store http://www.teamliquid.net/gallery/
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
March 27 2008 22:43 GMT
#86
oh anyways to answer the question

I'm 23, started playing it when i was 13. I don't regularly play it anymore, though.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
March 27 2008 22:47 GMT
#87
No category for us 9 year olds?
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
March 27 2008 22:50 GMT
#88
On March 28 2008 07:47 Jonoman92 wrote:
No category for us 9 year olds?

Lies. You are 15.
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
March 27 2008 22:55 GMT
#89
I'm 20.

I first picked up SC when I was 10 yrs old. I still remember playing it on my Pentium 90 at the time. I only started following the pro-scene about a year and a half ago though.
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
March 27 2008 22:58 GMT
#90
woo hoo i feel so young -_-
Uris
Profile Joined February 2008
United States47 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 23:02:10
March 27 2008 23:00 GMT
#91
I started when I was 14, I'm now 15, I turned 15 this year.

Although it was around November when I got the game and I spent 2-3 months on single player missions. Long time, aint it? Ah I was doing other things too.

So I started playing b.net on feb, I'm not sure. So I started playing, an hour a day.

Then the game was getting awesome everyday and I stumbled on tl.net and gg.net. How awesome and now I have one month and two weeks on Iccup. I'm currently a d-. :-(

Ah well. I'm still playing for late season so I'll rally up a bit more wins when that comes around although is it in middle season now?

There's a lot more C's now.

In any case, that's my story. Awesome how I found tl.net
Freakz19
Profile Joined October 2007
United States54 Posts
March 27 2008 23:07 GMT
#92
I'm 22 going on 23. I played SC in the 7th grade til I was around 19. Nowadays I rarely play.
Sometimes we run into the dark so that we may be found.
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
March 28 2008 01:57 GMT
#93
Hum.

I'm 18 now and I touched sc the first time at the age of 9.

Shit.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
March 28 2008 02:14 GMT
#94
I just turned 19 xD
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Jyun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States45 Posts
March 28 2008 03:32 GMT
#95
I'm 16 now.
Starcraft was the first "T" rated game I ever had...I got it in 5th grade, which would mean I was 10.

huh.

It's really insane that Flash has only been playing for like three years (I believe I heard this on Tasteless's Gom TV Invitational commentary, correct me if I'm wrong).
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
March 28 2008 03:47 GMT
#96
20. started playing at 15 i think, around about the time 1.09 came around. Skipped campaign mode (i remember i couldnt finish the first zerg brood war campaign so i just gave up. funny considering how dirt easy it actually is)) and money maps and went straight to hunters and blood bath. within a couple of months i had made a full transition to LT.
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Play
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia608 Posts
March 28 2008 04:33 GMT
#97
16, 17 soon

i remember i played the demo where you could only play terran and the highest unit you could make was a tank, then when i got the full version like 7/8 years ago...my mum wouldnt let me play it at first because it was too "graphical"
jmascis
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
March 28 2008 04:54 GMT
#98
17now 18 soon started playing i think around end of 2003? 6th grade
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
March 28 2008 05:02 GMT
#99
19. I think I started playing when I was 13 or 14?
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
March 28 2008 05:02 GMT
#100
lol I remember a friend in class giving me a cd with a few cracked games on it back in 98' and starcraft was one of them...
This was back in 97/98 and I was the only one in school who had a cd burner (650$ cdn lol) and I started burning the game for everyone for 10$ amongst a lot of other things (the cd burner paid for itself after a couple of months). Luckily in the summer of 98 I also got cable so didn't have many dial up issues heh. Got Broodwar for christmas of 98', one of the only games I have that was actually bought in a store, still have the box somewhere.
I was 13 back then. Time really flies by
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 923
WardiTV367
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 13258
StarCastTV_EN403
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko322
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16811
Bisu 4751
Jaedong 4163
EffOrt 1285
BeSt 932
ZerO 538
Horang2 448
Pusan 304
actioN 296
Zeus 254
[ Show more ]
Larva 205
Hyun 147
Mind 137
Yoon 109
Barracks 107
ggaemo 89
Killer 49
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 41
Shinee 38
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 31
NotJumperer 30
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 19
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
zelot 8
Dota 2
Dendi795
League of Legends
JimRising 343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1548
byalli663
markeloff53
Other Games
crisheroes285
Pyrionflax180
DeMusliM142
dupreeh116
Mew2King62
QueenE5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
League of Legends
• Jankos1193
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 27m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.