• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:55
CEST 10:55
KST 17:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7322 users

Average SC Age

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
f0rgiv3n
Profile Joined January 2008
United States112 Posts
March 27 2008 15:30 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Poll: How Old are you?
(Vote): 10-12
(Vote): 13-15
(Vote): 16-18
(Vote): 19-21
(Vote): 22-24
(Vote): 25-27
(Vote): 28-30
(Vote): Older than dirt (>30)



So... I'm sure this has been done before but I have always been curious, how old is everyone I'm pretty sure what the results will be, but I'm wondering... when did we all start? did we start at around the same age and now we have grown up? or does the game just attract a certain age group? Will the average age of SC players stay the same or grow with us all? Imagine, 10 years down the road and if we're still playing sc1 would the average age be 18-20 or 28-30??
Response
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States1938 Posts
March 27 2008 15:32 GMT
#2
19-21!!
the REAL ReSpOnSe
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 15:34:20
March 27 2008 15:34 GMT
#3
i started when i was like 14-15 though..

whoaaaaaaaaaa

20 now
nA.Inky
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States794 Posts
March 27 2008 15:35 GMT
#4
I am 24. I started playing this game "seriously" when I was 17. Quit a couple years ago, and am just now taking some tentative steps back into it.

PS. I am interested in practice partners. At my peak, I used to be about C+ level on PGT. I game around afternoon and evenings on American pacific time. nA.Inky on west. I play T.
Email (use instead of PM): InkMeister at aol dot com AIM: InkMeister
Theseus_
Profile Joined August 2007
9 Posts
March 27 2008 15:35 GMT
#5
[B]
whoaaaaaaaaaa

20 now


I know, right? When the fuck did that happend?
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
March 27 2008 15:41 GMT
#6
23 now, I guess I was 13 when I started playing it, too 10 years...
PiSCeS
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada80 Posts
March 27 2008 15:43 GMT
#7
I was 8 when I first started playing.

I'm now 18.. sadly I wasted those 10 years and didn't take SC seriously. I only started taking it seriously about a year ago.
"After today, this is the only site you'll ever visit."
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
March 27 2008 15:46 GMT
#8
23 in a month (exactly actually, haha) and i started at 13. jeeeeeeeez
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
nortydog
Profile Joined December 2003
Australia3067 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 15:50:43
March 27 2008 15:49 GMT
#9
I'm 20 and have been playing for about 6-7 years, I don't know exactly when I started but I remember I first got on bnet, it was some weeks before replays where released along with a patch(1.08?), I distinctly remember saying to myself "wtf, that button wasn't there before(save replay)"
NoCleanFeed.com
Kingsp4de20
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States716 Posts
March 27 2008 15:50 GMT
#10
19-21 fo sho
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
March 27 2008 15:52 GMT
#11
this is more like average TL age, which is considerably higher than average SC age
f0rgiv3n
Profile Joined January 2008
United States112 Posts
March 27 2008 15:53 GMT
#12
ah well... isn't that all that matters?
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 27 2008 15:55 GMT
#13
19
Started at uh 12-13. I guess BW at 13, and a bit of vanilla at 12? Played the game when it was brand new tho! But not online.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
March 27 2008 15:56 GMT
#14
19

Started the day starcraft came out. Then quit forever

Then came back a year ago to be the worst BW player of all time! hooray for me!
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
nortydog
Profile Joined December 2003
Australia3067 Posts
March 27 2008 15:58 GMT
#15
lol I wanna be 13 again with my current skills and knowledge, I wonder if I'd make it as a pro back then
NoCleanFeed.com
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
March 27 2008 15:59 GMT
#16
24. Started when it came out, played casually ever since. My buddy and I used to think we were awesome 2v2 on Legacy of Char since we muta rushed every game.
Luhh
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden2974 Posts
March 27 2008 16:01 GMT
#17
On March 28 2008 00:56 -orb- wrote:
19

Started the day starcraft came out. Then quit forever

Then came back a year ago to be the worst BW player of all time! hooray for me!


You began playing starcraft when you were 9? Oh well.

I started when it came out (a friend was a betatester), switching from the occasional play of WC2 on LAN.

So.. began at 19. Now almost older than dirt. Haven't played much in the last 5 years, I also switched and played CS competitively for a few years.
I wouldn´t call him stupid, but let´s just say he´s unlucky when thinking...
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
March 27 2008 16:09 GMT
#18
On March 28 2008 01:01 Luhh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2008 00:56 -orb- wrote:
19

Started the day starcraft came out. Then quit forever

Then came back a year ago to be the worst BW player of all time! hooray for me!


You began playing starcraft when you were 9? Oh well.

I started when it came out (a friend was a betatester), switching from the occasional play of WC2 on LAN.

So.. began at 19. Now almost older than dirt. Haven't played much in the last 5 years, I also switched and played CS competitively for a few years.


Yeah, I was 9. I was really into computer games, and I was playing on my IBM aptiva with its trusty 4GB hard drive and 14 inch screen. Good times.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
f0rgiv3n
Profile Joined January 2008
United States112 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 16:14:38
March 27 2008 16:13 GMT
#19
On March 28 2008 01:09 -orb- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2008 01:01 Luhh wrote:
On March 28 2008 00:56 -orb- wrote:
19

Started the day starcraft came out. Then quit forever

Then came back a year ago to be the worst BW player of all time! hooray for me!


You began playing starcraft when you were 9? Oh well.

I started when it came out (a friend was a betatester), switching from the occasional play of WC2 on LAN.

So.. began at 19. Now almost older than dirt. Haven't played much in the last 5 years, I also switched and played CS competitively for a few years.


Yeah, I was 9. I was really into computer games, and I was playing on my IBM aptiva with its trusty 4GB hard drive and 14 inch screen. Good times.


not to mention.... 28.8 kbps dialup connection to b.net or even dialing into a friends phone(direct connect)?? lol! I'd agree, good times... I too started when I was 10 and have bought the game 3 times since then. the first two times i had to throw it away because uninstalling it wasn't cutting it... too addicted, now i finally have the beast under control ;D
Luhh
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden2974 Posts
March 27 2008 16:18 GMT
#20
How did you guys who started that early get into contact with broodwar. It isn't really the type of game you nag your parents about to get at that age I'd wager?
I wouldn´t call him stupid, but let´s just say he´s unlucky when thinking...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 453
Larva 172
Hyun 50
Killer 44
NotJumperer 37
scan(afreeca) 36
Bale 33
Sharp 27
Hm[arnc] 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto116
League of Legends
JimRising 476
Counter-Strike
olofmeister915
edward137
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g7765
Coldzera 689
ceh9612
Happy365
crisheroes154
Sick148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick570
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1039
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 5m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.