• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9611 users

Average SC Age - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
f0rgiv3n
Profile Joined January 2008
United States112 Posts
March 27 2008 16:20 GMT
#21
Actually my cousin who was older was playing with his friend, that's when i "fell into the blackhole" so to speak. lol. He was dialing into his neighbor's phoneline and they were playing together... wow, it's crazy to think back then, i was so young O.O
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
March 27 2008 16:22 GMT
#22
On March 28 2008 01:13 f0rgiv3n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2008 01:09 -orb- wrote:
On March 28 2008 01:01 Luhh wrote:
On March 28 2008 00:56 -orb- wrote:
19

Started the day starcraft came out. Then quit forever

Then came back a year ago to be the worst BW player of all time! hooray for me!


You began playing starcraft when you were 9? Oh well.

I started when it came out (a friend was a betatester), switching from the occasional play of WC2 on LAN.

So.. began at 19. Now almost older than dirt. Haven't played much in the last 5 years, I also switched and played CS competitively for a few years.


Yeah, I was 9. I was really into computer games, and I was playing on my IBM aptiva with its trusty 4GB hard drive and 14 inch screen. Good times.


not to mention.... 28.8 kbps dialup connection to b.net or even dialing into a friends phone(direct connect)?? lol! I'd agree, good times... I too started when I was 10 and have bought the game 3 times since then. the first two times i had to throw it away because uninstalling it wasn't cutting it... too addicted, now i finally have the beast under control ;D


Haha i had to buy the game multiple times as well, not for throwing it away though. I had to rebuy it for losing the CD before cd cracks came out, or when I would lose the Cd CASE and not have my cd-key for reinstalling... etc. Lol, I remember when it first came out it was so expensive. It was somewhere between 40-60 if I remember, and while that's average nowadays, back then computer games on average cost 20 bucks... I was shocked.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
PiSCeS
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada80 Posts
March 27 2008 16:23 GMT
#23
On March 28 2008 01:18 Luhh wrote:
How did you guys who started that early get into contact with broodwar. It isn't really the type of game you nag your parents about to get at that age I'd wager?


My step dad and my uncle both played it. So yeah.. lol I kinda just ended up with it.

Before StarCraft, I played WarCraft II at 6 years old :o
If only I put effort into playing decently back then, I wonder how well I'd be able to play now compared to the way I actually play now. lol
"After today, this is the only site you'll ever visit."
bioboyAT
Profile Joined July 2004
Austria1765 Posts
March 27 2008 16:25 GMT
#24
21

older then dirt ^^ some people won't feel good when reading that
Milchmann | DeadVessel: Milchmann pwns. I fail.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
March 27 2008 16:28 GMT
#25
First played at age 12, played single player for maybe a year or two and quit for a while. Started playing seriously when I was about 17 and here I am still playing at 21.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
March 27 2008 16:29 GMT
#26
22!
Moderator<:3-/-<
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
March 27 2008 16:32 GMT
#27
22. Started playing on battlenet when I was 13-14.
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
March 27 2008 16:35 GMT
#28
On March 28 2008 01:18 Luhh wrote:
How did you guys who started that early get into contact with broodwar. It isn't really the type of game you nag your parents about to get at that age I'd wager?

You kidding? Starcraft had huge hype. Blizzard was already big back in the day. I played Warcraft I and Diablo over 28.8 dialup with my friends (it was painful). My parents always got pissed that I was tying up the phone line.
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
March 27 2008 16:41 GMT
#29
23, I've been playing computer games since I was 5-6 years old, games like Beer Tapper, Prince of Persia, Raptor, Dune 1(yep, the quest/adventure game) and others, that I've forgotten the names of... the first blizzard game I've played was the lost vikings, next was WC1, when I was 9 and it's the reason I've liked RTS games ever since... obviously I didn't miss WC2 and SC
I'll call Nada.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
March 27 2008 16:48 GMT
#30
On March 28 2008 01:25 bioboyAT wrote:
21

older then dirt ^^ some people won't feel good when reading that


Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis

- the youth will always mock age but unfortunately for all of us the only way to escape old age is death. I personally always see healthy older people as lucky bastards, they actually made it to their age. I know all to well there is no guarantee any of us will.

- 43 representing! still feeling great : )
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
ocoini
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
648 Posts
March 27 2008 16:49 GMT
#31
halfway to 50 !
Street Vendor Crack Down Princess-Cop!
Avius
Profile Joined October 2007
Iraq1796 Posts
March 27 2008 17:01 GMT
#32
22
aka. Samael
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
March 27 2008 17:05 GMT
#33
im 19, but i started playing in 1.07. I dont know how old is that though
Teamliquidian townie
Tusk
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada427 Posts
March 27 2008 17:22 GMT
#34
17, owned it for a year now.

Before that I remember playing this sweet game with Aliens and robots all the time at a family friends' house.

It was Starcraft! I was zerg from the start.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
March 27 2008 17:24 GMT
#35
Started at 8, still playing at 17 ~_~
^-^
HaiVan
Profile Joined April 2005
Bulgaria1698 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 18:04:16
March 27 2008 17:58 GMT
#36
Started at 14 now 23. I had a few long breaks though, some like a year at a time.
Listen to The Special One
CapO
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1615 Posts
March 27 2008 18:08 GMT
#37
19, started at the age of 10 i think.
SNSD fan
Ceril
Profile Joined April 2003
Sweden1343 Posts
March 27 2008 18:11 GMT
#38
Argh! I'am starting to feel old with my 29 =(
But then I dont play brood much nowdays, eve instead. Less frantic clicking is easier on the wrists
Just because you can now store where everyone was and is, what they like, what they fear who they talk to and who they love. It does not mean we should so spy upon our fellow man in a dystopia far worse then 1984
gwho
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States632 Posts
March 27 2008 18:11 GMT
#39
looks like 20 is the mean.

im glad there are still games that target older people primarily, while there is a plethora of games for kids.
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3715 Posts
March 27 2008 18:16 GMT
#40
Started at 13, now 18. I think my parents randomly gave me the game for christmas one year and it just kinda sat around for a year without me playing it
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
mouzHeroMarine 134
UpATreeSC 124
BRAT_OK 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3737
Bisu 1757
Soulkey 1287
EffOrt 773
Mini 557
Larva 347
Horang2 272
ZerO 262
actioN 174
ggaemo 163
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 123
Mind 82
hero 69
Sharp 63
Shinee 60
sorry 54
Snow 49
Hyun 41
Barracks 38
Bale 31
Trap 29
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5628
Dendi1195
XaKoH 414
420jenkins356
League of Legends
Reynor84
Counter-Strike
fl0m3430
pashabiceps709
Fnx 671
x6flipin484
edward32
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes464
Liquid`Hasu48
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1525
hiko864
FrodaN601
XBOCT236
Livibee192
TKL 114
QueenE93
C9.Mang067
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)25
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV684
League of Legends
• Nemesis3920
• TFBlade804
Other Games
• Shiphtur505
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 8m
Patches Events
23h 8m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.