• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9378 users

Average SC Age - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
March 27 2008 20:10 GMT
#61
On March 28 2008 05:08 SIUnit wrote:
20 now...looking back, my age will never start with 1 again...I feel old T_T

Don't be so down... You still have your 100th birthday for that n_n.
Peace~
Steelflight-Rx
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1389 Posts
March 27 2008 20:12 GMT
#62
This represents the mode, not the average
yubee wrote: you know? it's a great night you should all smile no matter what harddships, because grass grows and the sky is blue and it's a good life.
boss420
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Cyprus109 Posts
March 27 2008 20:18 GMT
#63
Just turned 18.

Started playing regular starcraft at 11, bought broodwar at 13,began to progress at 14 and joined 88) and USA-B national team,USA-A at 15, and now I stopped playing as much to pursue competitive counterstrike .
KH1031
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States862 Posts
March 27 2008 20:33 GMT
#64
I started playing sc in '98 - a bootlegged copy of it. After playing some modem games with my friends, I decided to get the legit copy so that I can play on Bnet over the summer of '98.

Oh man, I can still remember my first Bnet game - it was a 3v1 computer game and I really enjoyed stomping the computer.
aaro
Profile Joined December 2006
United States228 Posts
March 27 2008 20:38 GMT
#65
On March 28 2008 05:08 SIUnit wrote:
20 now...looking back, my age will never start with 1 again...I feel old T_T


Haha I just turned 20 a month last month.

"You're only two decades old. It's okay!" - from a friend

Makes you feel better doesn't it.... hahaha
Your drill is one that shall pierce through the heavens!
0z
Profile Joined August 2006
Luxembourg877 Posts
March 27 2008 21:03 GMT
#66
28, and i started when sc started more or less
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
March 27 2008 21:07 GMT
#67
i started around 11, stopped around 16, haven't played much since then and im almost 19.
@QxGDarkCell ._.
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 21:22:07
March 27 2008 21:20 GMT
#68
hm....

starcraft came out when i was.....

4.


played it the first time when i was........

like... 6

i wasn't really into it at the time. plus, the zerglings were giving me semi-nightmares.


played again and got into it when i was... 10? 10 or 9. one of the two.

but at the time, it was usually just UMS


started competitively playing about 2 years ago. when i was 12.
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
March 27 2008 21:22 GMT
#69
22

started playing on lan with some friends at about 14, still have many early replays and we were hilariously bad
Enter a Uh
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
March 27 2008 21:23 GMT
#70
I wish starcraft didn't piss me off so much so I could get myself to play more often.

Too bad I made the transition years ago to focus more heavily on CS than on SC

SC would've been better, I feel like a fool
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
March 27 2008 21:23 GMT
#71
I'm 19 now, but I started playing before BW. And by "started playing" I mean my dad's girlfriend's son played through campaign, so I got hooked on it. The first RTS I actually saw him play was War I, and I actually played that before any other RTS. However, I couldn't get past Terran level 7 in those days. In between then and now, I've tried approximately twice to play again, but would always get stuck and couldn't beat a computer in melee 1 on 1 if I didn't zealot rush.

But I found randomly the Wikipedia article "StarCraft professional competition," looked up some VODs on YouTube, found TL.net and ... the next time I played melee vs a computer, without having touched the game in 4 or so years, I easily defeated it just because I just tried to click as much as possible and build as many units as I could. I still have that replay ... it's so lollerskate. I get 3(!!!!!) gateways the whole game and defeat a Zerg computer. I had no idea how to play and gained that much skill just by listening to discussions, watching streams etc.

Of course I still suck, but I understand basic concepts such as build orders, micro, timing, and not trying to win with one Gateway etc.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
anderoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1876 Posts
March 27 2008 21:25 GMT
#72
My dad got it from a friend at work who had an extra copy. I spent 1 year playing the campaign on vanilla, then another 2 years playing brood war offline. One day I got curious and clicked on that "Multiplayer" button, realized I sucked bad, and then got addicted. Three years later I still suck and I'm still addicted.

p.s. D/D- looking for a training partner, please pm if you're interested
ReTr0[p.S]
Profile Joined March 2005
Argentina1590 Posts
March 27 2008 21:32 GMT
#73
I remember this same poll from about 3 years ago. The top choice was "16-18". Shows that the same people are still playing and not as many new people as before.
DustFerret
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States60 Posts
March 27 2008 21:42 GMT
#74
I'm 15, so it looks like I'm the young one here eh?

No matter.
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
March 27 2008 21:44 GMT
#75
On March 28 2008 06:32 ReTr0[p.S] wrote:
I remember this same poll from about 3 years ago. The top choice was "16-18". Shows that the same people are still playing and not as many new people as before.

Or it could just be that all the new people are around the age of 20 I know a lot of friend who have started playing recently or atleast gotten interested in progaming etc last few years.
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
March 27 2008 21:55 GMT
#76
i'm 20

but lol, we have elementary schoolers in here? either that or 6th graders...
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
fonger
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United Kingdom1218 Posts
March 27 2008 22:06 GMT
#77
21. Bought the game when I was 19, shortly after watching it in WCG05.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
March 27 2008 22:09 GMT
#78
started at 12, 18 now. 19 next month!
good vibes only
Rev0lution
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1805 Posts
March 27 2008 22:11 GMT
#79
19-21, started when i was 14 and played on and off throughout, those were the days
My dealer is my best friend, and we don't even chill.
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
March 27 2008 22:13 GMT
#80
On March 28 2008 07:11 Rev0lution wrote:
those were the days


Yes they were
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 923
WardiTV367
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 13258
StarCastTV_EN403
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko322
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16811
Bisu 4751
Jaedong 4163
EffOrt 1285
BeSt 932
ZerO 538
Horang2 448
Pusan 304
actioN 296
Zeus 254
[ Show more ]
Larva 205
Hyun 147
Mind 137
Yoon 109
Barracks 107
ggaemo 89
Killer 49
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 41
Shinee 38
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 31
NotJumperer 30
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 19
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
zelot 8
Dota 2
Dendi795
League of Legends
JimRising 343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1548
byalli663
markeloff53
Other Games
crisheroes285
Pyrionflax180
DeMusliM142
dupreeh116
Mew2King62
QueenE5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
League of Legends
• Jankos1193
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 28m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.