• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

SC-History, an Old Grrrr Interview - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
GundamVX
Profile Joined June 2003
United States1025 Posts
July 31 2003 19:06 GMT
#21
Did Grrr... just get worse or did everyone else just get a lot better?
tokeweed
Profile Joined May 2003
166 Posts
July 31 2003 19:53 GMT
#22
Grrrr... got worse, and everyone got better.
pssst...
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
July 31 2003 22:53 GMT
#23
sorry to disappoint you but he's better now than he was ever before
Administrator
GundamVX
Profile Joined June 2003
United States1025 Posts
July 31 2003 23:14 GMT
#24
On August 01 2003 07:53 [pG]Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
sorry to disappoint you but he's better now than he was ever before
]

I guess that means everybody else just got REALLY better
NuclearAntelope
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1369 Posts
July 31 2003 23:36 GMT
#25
On August 01 2003 07:53 [pG]Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
sorry to disappoint you but he's better now than he was ever before

agreed
people are similar in nature. its the experience of life that makes them so different.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
July 31 2003 23:44 GMT
#26
Yeah, they CAN pronounce it.. but it comes out as something like "guh-duh-duh-duh-duh"

That Doesn't really flowe off the tongue, does it?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
July 31 2003 23:45 GMT
#27
Damn those everyone elses! Stop getting better and let the Giyom win!
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Kobayashi
Profile Joined February 2003
Portugal1970 Posts
July 31 2003 23:57 GMT
#28
On August 01 2003 08:45 FakeSteve wrote:
Damn those everyone elses! Stop getting better and let the Giyom win!


LOL
I love mankind, its people I hate
x[ReaPeR]x
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3447 Posts
August 01 2003 00:48 GMT
#29
On August 01 2003 07:53 [pG]Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
sorry to disappoint you but he's better now than he was ever before


What are you implying here?

That everyone really got that much better.

Or that he really does kickass but never shows it in public...
ILoveOOv ownZ everyone!!! ~ Lamer List: Mynock, naventus
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 01 2003 01:45 GMT
#30
... YEAH THAT'D BE REAL CLEVER! HIDING HIS REAL SKILZ IN COMPETITION FOR MOOOONEY AND ON TV, YEAH I THINK YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY RIGHT!
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
August 01 2003 03:39 GMT
#31
ive always known how to roll my R's , my mum kind of forced it upon me when i was little
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
August 01 2003 13:03 GMT
#32
On August 01 2003 09:48 NeX[CHaP]ReaPeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2003 07:53 [pG]Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
sorry to disappoint you but he's better now than he was ever before


What are you implying here?

That everyone really got that much better.

Or that he really does kickass but never shows it in public...



Yes, every1 really got that much better.

If u know how to win, how can u just suddenly forget? How does any player get worse when they gain more practice/experience? Obviously other players got better.
Happiness only real when shared.
x[G]Zell
Profile Joined January 2003
82 Posts
August 01 2003 13:14 GMT
#33
Come Back Grrrr...
x[G]Zell
vZNuKE
Profile Joined August 2011
United States77 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 06:45:23
January 27 2012 06:36 GMT
#34
I know people don't like this kind of stuff being bumped... but I was looking at liquidpedia and remembered Grrrr, he was amazing and this interview is awesome.

Sorry for the bump, but I believe people need to remember that this is the most famous foreigner ever in SC history.

Much respect to this man.
compLexity fanboy!!! Go NaDa, SangHo, Heart, Minigun / Also love fnatic and vile! Especially ToD, aLive, Moon, SyNc, State, DdoRo, and Yong!! TREME and Avenge are my favorite Korean protosses too!
Adaptation
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada427 Posts
January 27 2012 06:41 GMT
#35
Good bump. Reminds me of the good old days.
So i did a 9 pool on an island map, so what?
kcaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada387 Posts
January 27 2012 06:43 GMT
#36


Sorry for the bump, but I believe people need to remember that this is the most famous foreigner ever in SC2 history.

Much respect to this man.


lmfao. This just made my night. But I believe people need to remember that he played Broodwar not SC2.

Mad respect yo
You can't emphasize enough how much you need to be a paradigm shifter. - Ma Jae Yoon
vZNuKE
Profile Joined August 2011
United States77 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 06:45:46
January 27 2012 06:45 GMT
#37
On January 27 2012 15:43 kcaz wrote:
Show nested quote +


Sorry for the bump, but I believe people need to remember that this is the most famous foreigner ever in SC2 history.

Much respect to this man.


lmfao. This just made my night. But I believe people need to remember that he played Broodwar not SC2.

Mad respect yo



it's a thread from 2003, I hope people can put two and two together and realize it's a BW thread xD


I don't even follow BW much anymore... but as a SC2 protoss, and someone that played protoss in BW as well, I loved this guy.

EDIT: I see what I did there :D
compLexity fanboy!!! Go NaDa, SangHo, Heart, Minigun / Also love fnatic and vile! Especially ToD, aLive, Moon, SyNc, State, DdoRo, and Yong!! TREME and Avenge are my favorite Korean protosses too!
kcaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada387 Posts
January 27 2012 06:46 GMT
#38
On January 27 2012 15:45 vZNuKE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 15:43 kcaz wrote:


Sorry for the bump, but I believe people need to remember that this is the most famous foreigner ever in SC2 history.

Much respect to this man.


lmfao. This just made my night. But I believe people need to remember that he played Broodwar not SC2.

Mad respect yo



it's a thread from 2003, I hope people can put two and two together and realize it's a BW thread xD


I don't even follow BW much anymore... but as a SC2 protoss, and someone that played protoss in BW as well, I loved this guy.

EDIT: I see what I did there :D


I think you give people too much credit.
But yes, Grrr was/is a big deal, and I wish I could've been around to see him play for real. Never seen a vod =/
You can't emphasize enough how much you need to be a paradigm shifter. - Ma Jae Yoon
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
January 27 2012 06:51 GMT
#39
Anything Grrrr... deserves a bump.
I like things.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
January 27 2012 06:54 GMT
#40
On January 27 2012 15:46 kcaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 15:45 vZNuKE wrote:
On January 27 2012 15:43 kcaz wrote:


Sorry for the bump, but I believe people need to remember that this is the most famous foreigner ever in SC2 history.

Much respect to this man.


lmfao. This just made my night. But I believe people need to remember that he played Broodwar not SC2.

Mad respect yo



it's a thread from 2003, I hope people can put two and two together and realize it's a BW thread xD


I don't even follow BW much anymore... but as a SC2 protoss, and someone that played protoss in BW as well, I loved this guy.

EDIT: I see what I did there :D


I think you give people too much credit.
But yes, Grrr was/is a big deal, and I wish I could've been around to see him play for real. Never seen a vod =/

Interview was actually made in 2000, just saying
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O128
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 291
JuggernautJason114
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 654
Shuttle 521
ZZZero.O 128
Zeus 69
Hyun 42
soO 37
Dota 2
qojqva2590
canceldota46
League of Legends
Doublelift1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5273
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3844
Liquid`Hasu639
Other Games
summit1g3760
FrodaN1015
KnowMe296
420jenkins257
Pyrionflax198
ToD196
Livibee171
QueenE60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick783
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• Hupsaiya 41
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1803
Other Games
• imaqtpie947
• Shiphtur655
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 57m
Patches Events
18h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.