• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:14
CEST 23:14
KST 06:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8765 users

Welcoming Halo to the Liquid Family - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
285 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
May 14 2015 21:19 GMT
#121
On May 15 2015 05:53 Hoon wrote:
I remember when TL started their DotA 2 team, they said that they were interested in highly skill-based esports, so SC:BW, SC2 and DotA 2 were the ones that made the cut.

What happened for them to start doing Hearthstone and now Halo?


You answered your own question. Halo is a high skill-based esport. Can't speak for Hearthstone, I haven't played it much.
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
May 14 2015 21:43 GMT
#122
ElamiteWarrior is a frikin legend! The winning-est H3 player (omg Str8 and Instinct, the memories are flowing) , can't believe Liquid picked him up! Ninja is also an amazing addition to the line up. I stopped following after H3, but i've heard of Aries. Shooter and Spartan I have no idea, excited to see what they can bring to the table!
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
May 14 2015 21:56 GMT
#123
On May 15 2015 04:38 swag_bro wrote:
Can't believe TL let's g2a sponsor them knowing they are fucking over people.

I have heard this from multiple people but nobody has given me a straight answer with proof.

What has G2A done that is so bad?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
esdf
Profile Joined December 2012
Croatia736 Posts
May 14 2015 21:58 GMT
#124
liquid starting to look more and more like all those teams that participate in every game possible while excelling at none.
why do you not believe it? the legend has alived!
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
May 14 2015 22:02 GMT
#125
On May 15 2015 06:58 esdf wrote:
liquid starting to look more and more like all those teams that participate in every game possible while excelling at none.


Shots fired!
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
May 14 2015 22:05 GMT
#126
On May 15 2015 06:58 esdf wrote:
liquid starting to look more and more like all those teams that participate in every game possible while excelling at none.

Well, having the best foreign SC2 team by far counts for something, right? I'd say TL is about equal to Prime so they could theoretically compete in proleague.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
2xNoodle
Profile Joined May 2012
United States201 Posts
May 14 2015 22:07 GMT
#127
On May 15 2015 06:43 IMLyte wrote:
ElamiteWarrior is a frikin legend! The winning-est H3 player (omg Str8 and Instinct, the memories are flowing) , can't believe Liquid picked him up! Ninja is also an amazing addition to the line up. I stopped following after H3, but i've heard of Aries. Shooter and Spartan I have no idea, excited to see what they can bring to the table!


Shooter and Spartan are up and coming players. They played for Elevate last season and were making top 8 but not quite challenging the top teams that were the ones you'd expect to win the tournament. They've got potential and a lot to prove. Spartan has an aggressive playstyle and probably needs to learn how to play the objective more; Shooter fill in where his team needs him, I expect him to be the main objective player for the team.
Former Senior Editor for ROOT Gaming | https://twitter.com/2xNoodle
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
May 14 2015 22:11 GMT
#128
On May 15 2015 06:43 IMLyte wrote:
ElamiteWarrior is a frikin legend! The winning-est H3 player (omg Str8 and Instinct, the memories are flowing) , can't believe Liquid picked him up! Ninja is also an amazing addition to the line up. I stopped following after H3, but i've heard of Aries. Shooter and Spartan I have no idea, excited to see what they can bring to the table!

I think someones forgetting final boss and the ogre twins.

God I'm so happy this is going to be real. I was an MLG halo mark from back in the day when they got onto g4 and then were able to have their own stream. God I hope MLG can bring it back. They did support it in the darkest days though so no hard feelings.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Raynaaard
Profile Joined May 2015
United States1 Post
May 14 2015 22:24 GMT
#129
Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
"Its place in esports history is rivaled only by Starcraft"

Isn't that really insulting to all the other games Liquid supports...


To be fair, the only game that has been as influential to eSports in the West is LoL and maybe CS.
HerbMon
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States472 Posts
May 14 2015 22:26 GMT
#130
liquid is the new walmart of teams :D. To be honest i love it ^.^
How we will win in the period ahead.
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
May 14 2015 22:26 GMT
#131
On May 15 2015 06:19 CakeSauc3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 05:53 Hoon wrote:
I remember when TL started their DotA 2 team, they said that they were interested in highly skill-based esports, so SC:BW, SC2 and DotA 2 were the ones that made the cut.

What happened for them to start doing Hearthstone and now Halo?


You answered your own question. Halo is a high skill-based esport. Can't speak for Hearthstone, I haven't played it much.


Halo a high skill-based esport? IMO Halo fits in the same category as CoD and I wouldn't call any of them high skill-based esport. I do understand that playing at the top level on both game requires dedication and skills and it's nice that they both have a competitive scene but I won't ever consider a console FPS game as a high skill-based game, especially when you compare them to PC FPS games such as cs,quake or even UT. But if you look at FPS titles for consoles only, I would agree that Halo is there on the top as one of the high skill-based console games.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
May 14 2015 22:30 GMT
#132
On May 15 2015 05:54 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 05:53 Hoon wrote:
I remember when TL started their DotA 2 team, they said that they were interested in highly skill-based esports, so SC:BW, SC2 and DotA 2 were the ones that made the cut.

What happened for them to start doing Hearthstone and now Halo?

$$$$$$

seriously though, I imagine they found a Halo team they could pick up for relitively cheap and decided to capitalize. i would too if I ran a team

It's sad to see them going for the "sellout" route.
Specially them, who were so proud on supporting highly skill-based games only.

Well, I guess money is more important than anything.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17895 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-14 22:39:49
May 14 2015 22:32 GMT
#133
the best thing the Halo team will appreciate about the Liquid community is how positive and optimistic every one is.
No one tries to look like a know-it-all, and posters do not nick-pick over tiny details or semantics.

enough sarcasm

Welcome Liquid Halo!
i really love Halo.
i have a serious question: is getting a TL+ membership the best way to support this team?
or is there a better way?
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
May 14 2015 22:54 GMT
#134
I don't even know half the players on liquid anymore
Neosteel Enthusiast
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
May 14 2015 23:00 GMT
#135
Hey, welcome. Competitive Halo's a fun watch.
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
May 14 2015 23:06 GMT
#136
Hmm, maybe I'll watch the next Halo tournament
saltis
Profile Joined September 2012
159 Posts
May 14 2015 23:09 GMT
#137
I am just afraid that TeamLiquid is a little bit over inflating itself; so that one day it would not explode.
Do TL really expects Halo to be profitable? I am worry a bit.

Would like to see Nazgul's comment about TL expectations from Halo.
McRatyn
Profile Joined January 2013
Poland901 Posts
May 14 2015 23:11 GMT
#138
On May 15 2015 07:26 DPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 06:19 CakeSauc3 wrote:
On May 15 2015 05:53 Hoon wrote:
I remember when TL started their DotA 2 team, they said that they were interested in highly skill-based esports, so SC:BW, SC2 and DotA 2 were the ones that made the cut.

What happened for them to start doing Hearthstone and now Halo?


You answered your own question. Halo is a high skill-based esport. Can't speak for Hearthstone, I haven't played it much.


Halo a high skill-based esport? IMO Halo fits in the same category as CoD and I wouldn't call any of them high skill-based esport. I do understand that playing at the top level on both game requires dedication and skills and it's nice that they both have a competitive scene but I won't ever consider a console FPS game as a high skill-based game, especially when you compare them to PC FPS games such as cs,quake or even UT. But if you look at FPS titles for consoles only, I would agree that Halo is there on the top as one of the high skill-based console games.

Other than the controller I fail to recognize any other criteria of quality that differenciate console FPS from the PC ones.
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
May 14 2015 23:11 GMT
#139
On May 15 2015 07:26 DPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 06:19 CakeSauc3 wrote:
On May 15 2015 05:53 Hoon wrote:
I remember when TL started their DotA 2 team, they said that they were interested in highly skill-based esports, so SC:BW, SC2 and DotA 2 were the ones that made the cut.

What happened for them to start doing Hearthstone and now Halo?


You answered your own question. Halo is a high skill-based esport. Can't speak for Hearthstone, I haven't played it much.


Halo a high skill-based esport? IMO Halo fits in the same category as CoD and I wouldn't call any of them high skill-based esport. I do understand that playing at the top level on both game requires dedication and skills and it's nice that they both have a competitive scene but I won't ever consider a console FPS game as a high skill-based game, especially when you compare them to PC FPS games such as cs,quake or even UT. But if you look at FPS titles for consoles only, I would agree that Halo is there on the top as one of the high skill-based console games.


I'd be curious to know what disqualifies a console FPS game from being considered a high skill-based game in comparison to a PC FPS game. Both require precision, teamwork, intelligence, and consistency, and both have a high skill ceiling with which the best can separate themselves from the rest.

The fact that you use a mouse+keyboard vs controller doesn't matter since the competition is using the same tool, and mastery can be achieved on both.

I would say that specific games each have their strengths/weaknesses, but the platform they are played on is not a contributing factor to that argument (CoD multiplayer is just as unappealing to me on PC as it is on console).
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
May 14 2015 23:11 GMT
#140
On May 15 2015 08:11 McRatyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 07:26 DPK wrote:
On May 15 2015 06:19 CakeSauc3 wrote:
On May 15 2015 05:53 Hoon wrote:
I remember when TL started their DotA 2 team, they said that they were interested in highly skill-based esports, so SC:BW, SC2 and DotA 2 were the ones that made the cut.

What happened for them to start doing Hearthstone and now Halo?


You answered your own question. Halo is a high skill-based esport. Can't speak for Hearthstone, I haven't played it much.


Halo a high skill-based esport? IMO Halo fits in the same category as CoD and I wouldn't call any of them high skill-based esport. I do understand that playing at the top level on both game requires dedication and skills and it's nice that they both have a competitive scene but I won't ever consider a console FPS game as a high skill-based game, especially when you compare them to PC FPS games such as cs,quake or even UT. But if you look at FPS titles for consoles only, I would agree that Halo is there on the top as one of the high skill-based console games.

Other than the controller I fail to recognize any other criteria of quality that differenciate console FPS from the PC ones.

console fps' have auto-aim when within a certain range of the target. Or did that trend stop happening?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1041
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 45
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift3615
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 885
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5892
Other Games
summit1g8599
FrodaN3241
B2W.Neo637
ToD287
KnowMe244
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV270
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• musti20045 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur215
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 46m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.