• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8572 users

Welcoming Halo to the Liquid Family - Page 14

Forum Index > General Forum
285 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next All
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
May 18 2015 20:49 GMT
#261
This is first game tl has had that I've participated in major tournaments and travelled for(not that I was ever on top but I at least competed XD. Heading in right direction for me to some day wear a tl jersey . Just need to pick up some
Kind of ccg now. Tell me which one in advance so I can practice it please . I like what's going on it's like your coming to me instead of me coming to you .

Kidding ...

I love that tl has picked this up though, i can probably tune into halo 5 once in awhile once it comes out and root for a tl team. Can't really root against ogre 2 though ... So gonna have to figure that out.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
May 19 2015 14:29 GMT
#262
Was this a joke or is this real? Is Halo actually an eSport?
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
May 19 2015 14:31 GMT
#263
On May 19 2015 23:29 Crownlol wrote:
Was this a joke or is this real? Is Halo actually an eSport?

If you have video game and stable $$ competitions scene then it is an esport.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
May 19 2015 14:37 GMT
#264
On May 19 2015 23:29 Crownlol wrote:
Was this a joke or is this real? Is Halo actually an eSport?


It's real.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
May 19 2015 14:39 GMT
#265
On May 19 2015 23:29 Crownlol wrote:
Was this a joke or is this real? Is Halo actually an eSport?

pretty minor, but still
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
May 19 2015 14:55 GMT
#266
Really cool and unexpected. I love Halo and Ninja seems like an awesome guy and player. I used to watch his stream a while ago and enjoyed it. There's a lot of good buzz for Halo 5 multiplayer so I'd have to imagine that this pickup is partly banking on Halo 5.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
lightandshadow
Profile Joined May 2015
Korea (South)9 Posts
May 19 2015 19:32 GMT
#267
Wow very unexpected. good luck!!
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-19 20:19:23
May 19 2015 20:19 GMT
#268
MSG me when Halo comes to PC. As awesome as halo is, console FPS' is simply NOT where its at.

Gl to TL though, ofc :D
Useless wet fish.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-19 21:10:20
May 19 2015 21:09 GMT
#269
Maybe it's because I used to go to a lot of LANs when I was younger but the amount of people here that don't know Halo has been an esport for a really long time is mindblowing to me. I remember seeing it on cable TV at one point and thinking 'I wish people would like starcraft as much as they like halo'

On May 20 2015 05:19 Capped wrote:
MSG me when Halo comes to PC. As awesome as halo is, console FPS' is simply NOT where its at.

Gl to TL though, ofc :D

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC for sure.
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
May 19 2015 21:24 GMT
#270
On May 20 2015 06:09 Fecalfeast wrote:
Maybe it's because I used to go to a lot of LANs when I was younger but the amount of people here that don't know Halo has been an esport for a really long time is mindblowing to me. I remember seeing it on cable TV at one point and thinking 'I wish people would like starcraft as much as they like halo'

Show nested quote +
On May 20 2015 05:19 Capped wrote:
MSG me when Halo comes to PC. As awesome as halo is, console FPS' is simply NOT where its at.

Gl to TL though, ofc :D

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC for sure.

I just assumed all the people who act like they didn't know it was a sport are trolling. Halo has been big with MLG for years and even MLG L.A. had Dwight Howard in attendance. And for SC2 people, Red Bull Orlando was hosted by Halo 3 pro "Walshy" who not only has been great as a host for Red Bull events, but has played Starcraft and surfs the TL forums from time to time.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
May 19 2015 23:21 GMT
#271
On May 18 2015 16:05 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 08:16 AssyrianKing wrote:
On May 17 2015 23:02 digmouse wrote:
On May 17 2015 22:20 AssyrianKing wrote:
Guys speaking of HALO, what is the closest playable thing to Halo on PC which is fresh ?

Halo CE is perfectly playable on PC and the mod community has created some fantastic levels. Halo 2 though is still hard to find a copy and installing on Windows 7 is kinda a bitch, it runs OK on Windows 8 though.

Was hoping something else :/

I'm fairly sure The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC at some point, hopefully this year.

That looks a long way away, isn't there anything similar that a lot of people play ?
John 15:13
Advantageous
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
China1350 Posts
May 20 2015 04:14 GMT
#272
TeamLiquid please don't go into CoD... anything but CoD...
"Because I am BossToss" -MC ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I'm sure that all of my fellow class mates viewed me as the Adonis of the Class of 2015 already. -Xenocider, EG, ieF 2013 Champion.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 08:33:51
May 20 2015 08:32 GMT
#273
On May 20 2015 06:24 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2015 06:09 Fecalfeast wrote:
Maybe it's because I used to go to a lot of LANs when I was younger but the amount of people here that don't know Halo has been an esport for a really long time is mindblowing to me. I remember seeing it on cable TV at one point and thinking 'I wish people would like starcraft as much as they like halo'

On May 20 2015 05:19 Capped wrote:
MSG me when Halo comes to PC. As awesome as halo is, console FPS' is simply NOT where its at.

Gl to TL though, ofc :D

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC for sure.

I just assumed all the people who act like they didn't know it was a sport are trolling. Halo has been big with MLG for years and even MLG L.A. had Dwight Howard in attendance. And for SC2 people, Red Bull Orlando was hosted by Halo 3 pro "Walshy" who not only has been great as a host for Red Bull events, but has played Starcraft and surfs the TL forums from time to time.


The Thing is... Afaik there is no such thing as "console" E-Sports in europe.

There is no FCG (or it is extremly small). I have never heard of a "console" LAN or anything like this. The only reason MLG got "known" over here is because of SC2, before that I didn't know it even existed. At least in Switzerland/Germany/Austria there is also like absolutely no Arcade "culture".

It is/was basically all CS, Quake, SC/BW, WC3, SC2, Dota/Lol.

The whole "console" E-Sports sounded just strange and funny to me. It just doesn't exist (or is hiding itself extremly well) "here"...
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
May 20 2015 09:52 GMT
#274
I don't know why tl is investing into this many amount of esport.
they should focus on what they have imo
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
May 20 2015 09:52 GMT
#275
On May 20 2015 06:24 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2015 06:09 Fecalfeast wrote:
Maybe it's because I used to go to a lot of LANs when I was younger but the amount of people here that don't know Halo has been an esport for a really long time is mindblowing to me. I remember seeing it on cable TV at one point and thinking 'I wish people would like starcraft as much as they like halo'

On May 20 2015 05:19 Capped wrote:
MSG me when Halo comes to PC. As awesome as halo is, console FPS' is simply NOT where its at.

Gl to TL though, ofc :D

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC for sure.

I just assumed all the people who act like they didn't know it was a sport are trolling. Halo has been big with MLG for years and even MLG L.A. had Dwight Howard in attendance. And for SC2 people, Red Bull Orlando was hosted by Halo 3 pro "Walshy" who not only has been great as a host for Red Bull events, but has played Starcraft and surfs the TL forums from time to time.

The world is a whole lot bigger than the 10 million square kilometer-area called the United States of America. Console esports are nonexistent over here.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
May 20 2015 11:23 GMT
#276
Halo was quite big in France back in the days though.
A lot of LANs, WCG, etc...
WriterMaru
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
May 20 2015 11:54 GMT
#277
On May 20 2015 17:32 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2015 06:24 BisuDagger wrote:
On May 20 2015 06:09 Fecalfeast wrote:
Maybe it's because I used to go to a lot of LANs when I was younger but the amount of people here that don't know Halo has been an esport for a really long time is mindblowing to me. I remember seeing it on cable TV at one point and thinking 'I wish people would like starcraft as much as they like halo'

On May 20 2015 05:19 Capped wrote:
MSG me when Halo comes to PC. As awesome as halo is, console FPS' is simply NOT where its at.

Gl to TL though, ofc :D

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC for sure.

I just assumed all the people who act like they didn't know it was a sport are trolling. Halo has been big with MLG for years and even MLG L.A. had Dwight Howard in attendance. And for SC2 people, Red Bull Orlando was hosted by Halo 3 pro "Walshy" who not only has been great as a host for Red Bull events, but has played Starcraft and surfs the TL forums from time to time.


The Thing is... Afaik there is no such thing as "console" E-Sports in europe.

There is no FCG (or it is extremly small). I have never heard of a "console" LAN or anything like this. The only reason MLG got "known" over here is because of SC2, before that I didn't know it even existed. At least in Switzerland/Germany/Austria there is also like absolutely no Arcade "culture".

It is/was basically all CS, Quake, SC/BW, WC3, SC2, Dota/Lol.

The whole "console" E-Sports sounded just strange and funny to me. It just doesn't exist (or is hiding itself extremly well) "here"...

Great point. I thought there would have been MLG equivalent tournaments in Europe for halo. Thanks for the information.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
May 20 2015 11:56 GMT
#278
On May 20 2015 20:23 Poopi wrote:
Halo was quite big in France back in the days though.
A lot of LANs, WCG, etc...

I'm going to assume the guys above are only refuting my statement on the basis of this halo team being competitive on the console and not the PC.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 12:10:22
May 20 2015 12:06 GMT
#279
Its hard to speak for "all" of europe.

I can make pretty save assumptions about the german speaking countries, outside of that its hard to tell what was going on at the time. Especially France allways felt very seperated community wise.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 14:35:18
May 20 2015 14:33 GMT
#280
On May 20 2015 20:56 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2015 20:23 Poopi wrote:
Halo was quite big in France back in the days though.
A lot of LANs, WCG, etc...

I'm going to assume the guys above are only refuting my statement on the basis of this halo team being competitive on the console and not the PC.

Not really no. I can only speak for Belgium, but any Halo esports scene or esports awareness was nonexistent, or at the very least extremely limited. Esports-awareness is still very low, not in the least bit due to a pervasive conservative mentality towards IT in general and towards gaming more specifically, both among youngsters and the older generations.

On top of that, Playstation is the more popular console over here.

On a personal level, I never found shooters to be fun to watch, whether they are played on PCs or consoles.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft533
Nina 144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13875
Hyuk 50
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
Doublelift4664
Other Games
summit1g9418
FrodaN3321
JimRising 581
KnowMe207
ViBE118
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King61
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1264
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream109
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• Letter146
• davetesta5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 27m
INu's Battles
11h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 27m
Replay Cast
22h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.