• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7980 users

Welcoming Halo to the Liquid Family - Page 12

Forum Index > General Forum
285 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
ImYourHuckleberry
Profile Joined April 2015
11 Posts
May 16 2015 01:41 GMT
#221
Excuse my ignorance...is Halo big in the pro-gaming scene? I bought the new Halo for Xbox One, but I thought it was a more console oriented game. When playing online, the teams seem to be very rare or "exclusive". Maybe it's b/c I'm just a noob and play with my 6 year old son...
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
May 16 2015 01:55 GMT
#222
On May 16 2015 10:41 ImYourHuckleberry wrote:
Excuse my ignorance...is Halo big in the pro-gaming scene? I bought the new Halo for Xbox One, but I thought it was a more console oriented game. When playing online, the teams seem to be very rare or "exclusive". Maybe it's b/c I'm just a noob and play with my 6 year old son...


It was really big back during halo 2 and 3. when reach came out it fell off a lot. but with the most recent game 343's trying to bring back and refocus it on the competitive aspect.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 16 2015 05:49 GMT
#223
I missed this thread. Ok interesting.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-16 08:21:27
May 16 2015 06:43 GMT
#224
Sorry about the esports history comment could have picked my words better there. I have a lot of respect for Smash, CS:GO, Dota, etc. Plenty of historic games that are still going strong.
Administrator
PineapplePizza
Profile Joined June 2010
United States749 Posts
May 16 2015 07:04 GMT
#225
On May 16 2015 05:34 Headshot wrote:
As a competitive Halo fan since Halo 1's release, I feel like I have to step in to defend Halo 1's honor as the best competitive console game of all time. People discount it's competitive depth for the same reason that those new to the Starcraft franchise discount BW's supremacy.


No, they do it because it's basically a 90's shooter with a lot of depth purposefully removed for the sake of consoles.

"There should be no tying a sharp, hard object to your cock like it has a mechanical arm and hitting it with the object or using your cockring to crack the egg. No cyborg penises allowed. 100% flesh only." - semioldguy
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
May 16 2015 08:01 GMT
#226
Why introduce a team when you aren't going to show their photos...

Feels amateur
#1 Terran hater
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
May 16 2015 11:12 GMT
#227
Whoa, congrats Liquid! Too bad I don't play any Halo games
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-16 13:04:49
May 16 2015 12:09 GMT
#228
This is our town, scrub
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
May 16 2015 13:43 GMT
#229
Never knew Halo could be played anywhere near the esports level but hey, hope this works out for Liquid.
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
May 16 2015 14:37 GMT
#230
Well, how big Halo esport scene even is? I havent heard of it for several years...
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
May 16 2015 15:07 GMT
#231
No joke this is the best surprise esports news I've seen in a long time. I love competitive Halo, and MCC is looking better than ever right now. It was my first competitive gaming love, and now I get to see my favorite team compete in it. Damn is this nice. Great job Liquid.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
sagi
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland346 Posts
May 16 2015 16:31 GMT
#232
On May 16 2015 04:48 DSK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 07:24 Raynaaard wrote:
Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
"Its place in esports history is rivaled only by Starcraft"

Isn't that really insulting to all the other games Liquid supports...


To be fair, the only game that has been as influential to eSports in the West is LoL and maybe CS.


I'd also argue that Quake - Quake 1, Quake World, Quake 2 and Quake 3/Live were pretty influential. Don't forget the game came out the same year Brood War did for SC1 (for EU at least), it had quite a lot of longevity.

+ Show Spoiler +


Pretty insane as to the thought processes and strategies/tactics involved in this game and video alone. Also, note a young Carmac :D


Thanks for the video. I've been watching Q3 every now and then, but never heard a top level player analyzing his choices so precisely. Epic stuff.
hi patrik!
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
May 16 2015 18:38 GMT
#233
On May 17 2015 01:31 sagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2015 04:48 DSK wrote:
On May 15 2015 07:24 Raynaaard wrote:
Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
"Its place in esports history is rivaled only by Starcraft"

Isn't that really insulting to all the other games Liquid supports...


To be fair, the only game that has been as influential to eSports in the West is LoL and maybe CS.


I'd also argue that Quake - Quake 1, Quake World, Quake 2 and Quake 3/Live were pretty influential. Don't forget the game came out the same year Brood War did for SC1 (for EU at least), it had quite a lot of longevity.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58


Pretty insane as to the thought processes and strategies/tactics involved in this game and video alone. Also, note a young Carmac :D


Thanks for the video. I've been watching Q3 every now and then, but never heard a top level player analyzing his choices so precisely. Epic stuff.


Goddamn I wish I followed Quake more.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-16 18:55:19
May 16 2015 18:53 GMT
#234
On May 15 2015 16:44 Velr wrote:
So... When is Mario Party getting picked up?


Btw: I never understood the Hype around Halo (1/2)... I played thru Halo 2 in coop and i don't remember ever having played something so... "average" yet SOOOO hyped.

But i shortly before played thru Half Life 2... Most likely that spoiled me..


Btw2:
Console shooters are just SLLOOOOW when compared to PC shooters. Thats the issue, if you look at some Halo footage on YouTube and then Quake... Well... Guess which one looks more impressive despite having terribad graphics.



No. The speed of Quake and those other arcadey shooters makes them terrible to watch (and to play IMO). I would rather watch a "slow" game of CoD or Halo any fuckin' day of the week. It's like CS with the no aiming down sights business.... yuck.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 16 2015 19:15 GMT
#235
I find it interesting that people would complain about liquid supporting esports too much. You may not be a big fan of whatever game but lots of people are, everyone here should be happy about the supporting of esports.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
May 16 2015 19:21 GMT
#236
On May 17 2015 04:15 travis wrote:
I find it interesting that people would complain about liquid supporting esports too much. You may not be a big fan of whatever game but lots of people are, everyone here should be happy about the supporting of esports.


Do you thing that ice hockey fans should be happy for anyone who supports cricket? (Admittedly, I thought really hard to find the most absurd pair of sports ) We have actually seen LoL beat up SC2 pretty hard, the esports market is even more competitive than that for classic sports, because it is so much smaller. I don't thing that some game where people reportedly pretend to play paintball without getting colourful spots on clothing is any competition for SC2, but I have some understading for where does the non-support come from.

Anyway, it's not like the life of SC2 hinges on Liquid's SC2 division and TL.net remains perfectly disconnected from all the happenings, so I don't see a problem.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 16 2015 19:27 GMT
#237
On May 17 2015 04:21 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2015 04:15 travis wrote:
I find it interesting that people would complain about liquid supporting esports too much. You may not be a big fan of whatever game but lots of people are, everyone here should be happy about the supporting of esports.


Do you thing that ice hockey fans should be happy for anyone who supports cricket? (Admittedly, I thought really hard to find the most absurd pair of sports )


Weird question. If you are a sports lover, yes. I thought most of us are e-sports lovers.

Most sports, even cricket or ice hockey, are legitimate in the eyes of the public. E-sports is still getting there, so I think it is good to be supportive of e-sports in general because e-sports in general(including whatever games you love) are still on their way up.



We have actually seen LoL beat up SC2 pretty hard, the esports market is even more competitive than that for classic sports, because it is so much smaller. I don't thing that some game where people reportedly pretend to play paintball without getting colourful spots on clothing is any competition for SC2, but I have some understading for where does the non-support come from.


E-sports has seen TREMENDOUS growth because of LoL, anyone who loves esports including sc2 should be thankful to riot for helping to legitimize it. If the game is loved, if sc2 or sc3 or sc4 is good and it is loved then it will have followers. If it does not have followers it is the fault of the game and the scene, not the fault of some other game that is doing well. I watch both sc2 and LoL.
Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
May 16 2015 19:42 GMT
#238
On May 17 2015 04:27 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2015 04:21 opisska wrote:
On May 17 2015 04:15 travis wrote:
I find it interesting that people would complain about liquid supporting esports too much. You may not be a big fan of whatever game but lots of people are, everyone here should be happy about the supporting of esports.


Do you thing that ice hockey fans should be happy for anyone who supports cricket? (Admittedly, I thought really hard to find the most absurd pair of sports )


Weird question. If you are a sports lover, yes. I thought most of us are e-sports lovers.

Most sports, even cricket or ice hockey, are legitimate in the eyes of the public. E-sports is still getting there, so I think it is good to be supportive of e-sports in general because e-sports in general(including whatever games you love) are still on their way up.


Show nested quote +

We have actually seen LoL beat up SC2 pretty hard, the esports market is even more competitive than that for classic sports, because it is so much smaller. I don't thing that some game where people reportedly pretend to play paintball without getting colourful spots on clothing is any competition for SC2, but I have some understading for where does the non-support come from.


E-sports has seen TREMENDOUS growth because of LoL, anyone who loves esports including sc2 should be thankful to riot for helping to legitimize it. If the game is loved, if sc2 or sc3 or sc4 is good and it is loved then it will have followers. If it does not have followers it is the fault of the game and the scene, not the fault of some other game that is doing well. I watch both sc2 and LoL.


A lot of people on this site were on the "For Esports!" bandwagon when SC2 was on top, but as soon as it slipped down, Esports proved to be a cover for "whatever game I play and like" and not actually Esports as a whole.

Having both SC2 and Halo at MLG used to be a blast to watch, flicking between streams whenever downtime appeared.
戦いの中に答えはある
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
May 17 2015 08:15 GMT
#239
On May 17 2015 04:42 Gingerninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2015 04:27 travis wrote:
On May 17 2015 04:21 opisska wrote:
On May 17 2015 04:15 travis wrote:
I find it interesting that people would complain about liquid supporting esports too much. You may not be a big fan of whatever game but lots of people are, everyone here should be happy about the supporting of esports.


Do you thing that ice hockey fans should be happy for anyone who supports cricket? (Admittedly, I thought really hard to find the most absurd pair of sports )


Weird question. If you are a sports lover, yes. I thought most of us are e-sports lovers.

Most sports, even cricket or ice hockey, are legitimate in the eyes of the public. E-sports is still getting there, so I think it is good to be supportive of e-sports in general because e-sports in general(including whatever games you love) are still on their way up.



We have actually seen LoL beat up SC2 pretty hard, the esports market is even more competitive than that for classic sports, because it is so much smaller. I don't thing that some game where people reportedly pretend to play paintball without getting colourful spots on clothing is any competition for SC2, but I have some understading for where does the non-support come from.


E-sports has seen TREMENDOUS growth because of LoL, anyone who loves esports including sc2 should be thankful to riot for helping to legitimize it. If the game is loved, if sc2 or sc3 or sc4 is good and it is loved then it will have followers. If it does not have followers it is the fault of the game and the scene, not the fault of some other game that is doing well. I watch both sc2 and LoL.


A lot of people on this site were on the "For Esports!" bandwagon when SC2 was on top, but as soon as it slipped down, Esports proved to be a cover for "whatever game I play and like" and not actually Esports as a whole.

Having both SC2 and Halo at MLG used to be a blast to watch, flicking between streams whenever downtime appeared.

Yep, having SC2 and Halo Reach both at MLG was a blast.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
May 17 2015 09:11 GMT
#240
On May 15 2015 02:06 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Now I need to buy a car from Nissan. Xterra, here I come.

I've always wanted a convertible TT. so hot! Do I get a 30% discount above a certain number of posts on TL? I can tweet some support for the liquid halo team as well if I get 40%.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 845
WinterStarcraft325
Mew2King93
ViBE93
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush613
• Lourlo351
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 7m
INu's Battles
9h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 7m
Replay Cast
20h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.