• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:25
CEST 22:25
KST 05:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8685 users

European Politico-economics QA Mega-thread - Page 1429

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1427 1428 1429 1430 Next
Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 12 2026 11:31 GMT
#28561
It's not "even liberals/progressive" in this case, there's no "even" necessary because what you advocated is neither liberal nor progressive.
No will to live, no wish to die
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1743 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-08-12 16:40:43
August 12 2026 16:38 GMT
#28562
Yet another great contribution to the discussion. Almost a hundred people died, drowned, this has happened before and will happen again, but looking for solutions to that has nothing to do with being progressive or liberal, got it.

So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 12 2026 17:00 GMT
#28563
That is correct, yes. The only problem here is that you said it ironically.
No will to live, no wish to die
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1743 Posts
August 12 2026 17:58 GMT
#28564
Roger that, after all, how else would we make the world a better place for our children if not by being snarky at people asking questions and proposing solutions.
So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 12 2026 18:29 GMT
#28565
You're the one being snarky, you know that right?
No will to live, no wish to die
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2425 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-08-12 18:41:32
August 12 2026 18:41 GMT
#28566
It’s going both ways, or at least that’s how it looks with tone not existing.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 12 2026 18:45 GMT
#28567
Which post of mine do you think is snarky?
No will to live, no wish to die
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2425 Posts
August 12 2026 18:58 GMT
#28568
On August 13 2026 03:45 Nebuchad wrote:
Which post of mine do you think is snarky?

On August 13 2026 02:00 Nebuchad wrote:
That is correct, yes. The only problem here is that you said it ironically.


But as mentioned, depends on the town your wrote it in.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 12 2026 19:04 GMT
#28569
On August 13 2026 03:58 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2026 03:45 Nebuchad wrote:
Which post of mine do you think is snarky?

Show nested quote +
On August 13 2026 02:00 Nebuchad wrote:
That is correct, yes. The only problem here is that you said it ironically.


But as mentioned, depends on the town your wrote it in.


I wrote it in Marly, Switzerland (that one was snarky :p)

But okay I apologize if that sounded snarky to you Jankisa, that was my true belief expressed. You wrote something that I think is very clearly true and you wrote it in a way where it clearly implies "What kind of idiot could possibly believe this?"... well, me. I believe this.
No will to live, no wish to die
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1743 Posts
August 12 2026 19:05 GMT
#28570
I'd just like to point out that it's pretty easy to see the timestamps, if someone comes in with a one liner to bump the thread 6 or so days after the last post in the thread with nothing to add except for a snarky comment I'll be snarky back.

If that's against the rules of the thread or the forum, I apologize.
So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 12 2026 19:10 GMT
#28571
On August 13 2026 04:05 Jankisa wrote:
I'd just like to point out that it's pretty easy to see the timestamps, if someone comes in with a one liner to bump the thread 6 or so days after the last post in the thread with nothing to add except for a snarky comment I'll be snarky back.

If that's against the rules of the thread or the forum, I apologize.


Yeah I hesitated before answering it because it's not very important and I was pretty sure that someone else would criticize you for it; but then no one else did, and you were getting away with the bad post, so this morning I read it again and it annoyed me so I ended up clicking post.
No will to live, no wish to die
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
August 12 2026 21:31 GMT
#28572
On August 13 2026 04:10 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2026 04:05 Jankisa wrote:
I'd just like to point out that it's pretty easy to see the timestamps, if someone comes in with a one liner to bump the thread 6 or so days after the last post in the thread with nothing to add except for a snarky comment I'll be snarky back.

If that's against the rules of the thread or the forum, I apologize.


Yeah I hesitated before answering it because it's not very important and I was pretty sure that someone else would criticize you for it; but then no one else did, and you were getting away with the bad post, so this morning I read it again and it annoyed me so I ended up clicking post.

To be honest, i was in the same boat, but then i remembered that he truly thinks "he is looking for solutions" and he chose to ignore the valid criticism and victimize himself, so why bother?
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1743 Posts
August 13 2026 11:37 GMT
#28573
Ah, yes, the folks who came in to explain how they should do nothing and being extremely triggered over a suggestion that something should be done are calling me out for victimizing myself.

Again, 0 actual arguments except whataboutism and snarky comments, but if I defend myself you guys will come in with shitty one liners and continue with the insults.

I addressed every piece of whatabout bullshit arguments and posed questions that no one bothered to answer, of course, you are welcome to continue to be dishonest and triggered, but don't expect me not to call you out.
So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 13 2026 15:24 GMT
#28574
I can only speak for myself but I am not satisfied with the way you have "addressed" my arguments (which was, saying nothing about the post I put effort in and then complaining that the others are one-liners). If I was Acro or Cuddly I wouldn't be satisfied either. They did good. You got a bunch of good content that explained why your position on this issue is ill-advised, you ignored all of it and you're now portraying it as whataboutism in a way that is really off-putting to me.
No will to live, no wish to die
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1743 Posts
August 13 2026 16:55 GMT
#28575
Not really, if you feel some of your arguments weren't addressed, let me know which.

I think I replied to everything but I might be wrong, as far as those 2 contributors, one went with "well actually your country shouldn't be a country" and the other with a bunch of "but what about this other thing", which is exactly whataboutism.

No one at any point addressed the whole point of trying to look for solution, the way that this plays and will continue to play in the rise of the right and more specifically anti immigrant right all across the world and especially in Europe.

This is the "death of Europe" and "great replacement" bullshit Americans have been pushing, including JD Vance and Rubio in recent big speeches, the thing that has been highlighted in their national security strategy.

I made a proposal which ended with:

On August 04 2026 00:15 Jankisa wrote:
Obviously I'm way oversimplifying this but to me, this seems like the only reasonable long term solution.

I'm curious what do our Spaniard members think of this?


Most of the replies were "I didn't hear a good argument why this would be something that should be done" when the rest of my post was all that:

On August 04 2026 00:15 Jankisa wrote:
I personally believe that Spain should give up it's enclaves, I understand those places mean something to them but they are a colonial leftover that is causing huge issues and will continue to cause them indefinitely.

We are talking about 160.000 people, out of them I believe under 100.000 are natively Spanish.

Offer to buy their properties out or replace them with a place in Spain and give these enclaves to the host countries, who wants to stay can, and perhaps a deal can be struck with Morocco to maintain self governance for these places.

This problem is never going to go away and now that the right wingers saw how well these kind of scenes track you can bet your ass that they will start happening more often.

If the current Spanish government is as "woke" and for justice as they like to present themselves, this should be the way.


I also read your arguments again, I get it that you don't see it that way, but they, to me read just as "what about these examples", again, everyone, including you is trying to talk about anything else other then what to do here, I'm honestly not interested in that.

If someone continues to go at about it that way, or just posts snarky stuff, I'll obviously reply, but not by addressing whatever else you want to talk about that has 0 relevance to the issue at hand.

So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
August 13 2026 17:40 GMT
#28576
When you "deal" with Ceuta, you will have changed the situation of european borders 0%, as Acro already indicated to you. People will still try and get to Europe from Africa and die trying, as they do in Italy, Greece, and so on. The problem that you are pointing toward isn't solved by the angle of solution that you are offering. The far right will continue to rise in Europe because its rise isn't fueled by Ceuta, it's fueled by neoliberalism.

If we want to be pedantic, those are the places where you find the solutions that would work. If life wasn't better in Europe than it is in Africa, then people wouldn't risk their life migrating from Africa to Europe. There is no valid reason why people on one side of an arbitrary line should have a worse life than people on the other side of that arbitrary line. Borders are fake and cringe. But that's a problem that unfortunately we will never get to solve because it'll be solved in like 400 years, and in 400 years we'll all be dead because of climate change.

I can summarize the argument once again it's okay: when we ask people to move from where they live and have lived their whole life against their will, we are doing an action that is unfair toward them. As a general rule, we should aspire to not treat people unjustly. There are cases where I would argue that treating people unjustly can be justified, for example in the process of correcting a larger injustice. But that's not happening here. As such, there is no good argument to do this. It creates conflict and injustice for no real benefit.
No will to live, no wish to die
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
August 13 2026 20:38 GMT
#28577
Agreed with Neb, giving Ceuta to Morocco does nothing to fix the problem you want to fix, Jankisa.

I will say Spain is being hypocritical on the subject. At the same time they are asking for Gibraltar back using Morocco's arguments for Ceuta (territorial continuity and discrediting the people living there as merely settlers), while using the UK's argument for Gibraltar when it comes to keeping Ceuta (right to self determination).

I find the latter argument to be stronger. I don't know at what point settlers become locals and get that right, but when everyone that used to live there in the before times died of old age hundreds of years ago and there's no one to directly give it back to we're way past it.

Acro also made a good point about rewarding bad behavior, were Spaniards to go mental over Gibraltar and cause a ruckus in it I wouldn't want that to count in their favor on whose it should be.
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2425 Posts
August 13 2026 21:10 GMT
#28578
On August 13 2026 03:41 Billyboy wrote:
It’s going both ways, or at least that’s how it looks with tone not existing.

It appears to be going both ways of discussing this without snark and even further clarification of each persons points. Well done.

+ Show Spoiler +
Pointless post i know, but given how often the threads devolve into arguments about who posts worst or who started it, it seemed worth a comment about the opposite. .
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14210 Posts
August 13 2026 23:52 GMT
#28579
I'd like to throw on my ignorant american hat and say in a southern accent. "Well why don't yall just make Morocco an EU member? Would killa buncha birds with only one stone."
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
August 14 2026 06:48 GMT
#28580
On August 14 2026 08:52 Sermokala wrote:
I'd like to throw on my ignorant american hat and say in a southern accent. "Well why don't yall just make Morocco an EU member? Would killa buncha birds with only one stone."

Interesting idea and in the long term something that could be discussed. But in the short-middle term, insofar as I know Morocco has no interest in joining the EU, nor do they meet the most basic of qualifications (not being in Europe seems mostly irrelevant but some people will no doubt object based on that as well): they don't have a sufficiently democratic government. The 2011 constitution goes in the right direction, but the king still has far too much power. Unlike what people seem to think, the EU doesn't go around telling countries they should join the EU. There is a fairly well structured process (one that aspiring members complain takes far too long) with many requirements, and aspiring members are encouraged to work through the steps, with EU subsidies available for different processes. But the main driver for membership is, initially, the aspiring member: Morocco shows no intention to join.
Prev 1 1427 1428 1429 1430 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason92
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 182
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 760
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9712
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1688
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5638
Liquid`RaSZi5420
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo292
Pyrionflax139
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS116
ZombieGrub100
IndyStarCraft 88
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV378
League of Legends
• TFBlade1146
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 35m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.