• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8652 users

Amazon acquires Twitch.tv - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
795 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39 40 Next All
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
May 19 2014 00:48 GMT
#61
Pros :
-Better streamer revenue balance ( ie : Everyone will earn the same amount of money regardless of where they're from )
-Better servers
-Better video encryption
-Directly posting vods on YT
-Google knowledge and engineering means ( I love twitch but google is #1 worldwide )
-Better mobile app, stream on you adroid phone ?

Cons :
-Google lobbying ( use your g+ account to connect bullshit )
-Google Copyright policy
-Possible censor in some countries (UAE/China...)
-Information gathering
-Killing concurrence kills innovation, i'd rather have google create their own video game streaming platform and provide new ideas.
RIP MKP
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27406 Posts
May 19 2014 00:51 GMT
#62
I'm not against differing opinions by any means, but what's the point of 'This is shit', one sentence responses?

There might well be stuff that the likes of myself are unaware of that forms that view and by expressing it we might even re-evaluate our positions .
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 00:52:42
May 19 2014 00:52 GMT
#63
On May 19 2014 09:39 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 09:34 vult wrote:
Well this isn't good...


why isn't it good?

i see plenty of advantages, especially in improving twitch's core service, which is streaming. we've all experienced that excruciating twitch lag. it will most likely help monetisation as well

I see twitch wanting to use you real name for twitchchat, prompting to ask for your phone number every few weeks, coupling your twitch account to your gmail and a stupid amount of UI changes that culminates in a bunch of shapeless vague gray icons instead of useful buttons and interface. Also pop up commercials that you have to click away.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
May 19 2014 00:57 GMT
#64
The only way I will like this is if:

1. Google makes no changes to the visual or user interaction of the site.
2. Google invests money to better the infrastructure globally
3. Advertising works effectively (sometimes content stops after ad)
4. Content developers get more CPM
5. They do implement G+ to chat/comment

InExcelsis
Profile Joined May 2013
United States38 Posts
May 19 2014 01:07 GMT
#65
On May 19 2014 08:34 Kiernan wrote:
I hope the Twitch Guys just start a new Twitch with their knowlage. I bet Google will ruin Twitch like they ruined YouTube...

I agree completely Google ruined Youtube and they will ruin Twitch if they acquire them I hope this doesn't happen
GiveMeCake
Profile Joined October 2010
148 Posts
May 19 2014 01:16 GMT
#66
I;m against Google, because I am against monopolies. Google has also been dabbling in biometrics, which could have immoral implications somewhere down the road.
I had a dream I moved to Korea to become a GSL champion. I slept in PC bangs and practiced only vs the PC. I named my self Death and faced Life in the finals. I beat him, but ended up dying as I killed his last building.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 19 2014 01:16 GMT
#67
The more I think about it the more I want G+ to be required to talk in twitch chat. Do you know how much shit that will immediately solve?!
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Kiernan
Profile Joined April 2014
101 Posts
May 19 2014 01:18 GMT
#68
On May 19 2014 10:16 Zooper31 wrote:
The more I think about it the more I want G+ to be required to talk in twitch chat. Do you know how much shit that will immediately solve?!


GET THE FUCK OUT!
qotsager
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany585 Posts
May 19 2014 01:21 GMT
#69
soo what are the odds of a number of streams not being watchable from germany due to unclear copyright licenses? there is a whole bunch of youtube vids that you cannot access with a german ip.
***Official ABL Winner 2013***
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 19 2014 01:21 GMT
#70
On May 19 2014 10:16 Zooper31 wrote:
The more I think about it the more I want G+ to be required to talk in twitch chat. Do you know how much shit that will immediately solve?!


You're probably one of those guys that likes calling the cops on a small house party a block down the street
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 19 2014 01:22 GMT
#71
On May 19 2014 10:21 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 10:16 Zooper31 wrote:
The more I think about it the more I want G+ to be required to talk in twitch chat. Do you know how much shit that will immediately solve?!


You're probably one of those guys that likes calling the cops on a small house party a block down the street


Once and awhile having a loud party is fine. Not every night... 24/7 365...
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
HelpMeGetBetter
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States766 Posts
May 19 2014 01:23 GMT
#72
So what would be the biggest issue here, like the one thing that must not be changed? Not being able to stream certain games?
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
May 19 2014 01:24 GMT
#73
amazingxkcd, what about all the racist comments before G+?

Youtube is putting accountability in the internet.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
May 19 2014 01:26 GMT
#74
$1bn seems like a really high valuation though
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
CParks
Profile Joined October 2011
United States4 Posts
May 19 2014 01:26 GMT
#75
I don't see how this can be anything but good. I'm sure the streamers would make more money because Youtube would be a little better at getting ad money from companies. Also I see people saying how Google ruined Youtube, but I don't remember the last time I looked up a video on a website that wasn't Youtube, or someone sent me a video link from website that wasn't Youtube.
Oh hai!
HeyImFinn
Profile Joined September 2011
United States250 Posts
May 19 2014 01:27 GMT
#76
Well, let's hope Azubu gets their shit together.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stress
Profile Joined February 2011
United States980 Posts
May 19 2014 01:27 GMT
#77
Wow..... Must be a very exciting time for the owners of Twitch but at the same time I'm disappointed/sad. Google has made Youtube horrible and I very rarely use it anymore because I can't stand all the changes that have been made. About the only thing I use it for is Proleague VODs, I listen to music and watch videos elsewhere. Twitch provides a great product and sure it can use some improvements but I'm not so sure of Google.

I'm curious about how "big" of a monopoly this could become.

Some other things to consider:
How will this affect current streamers? VODs? Subscriptions/subscribers?
Will the UI change? For better or worse?
What about CPM? How will this change?
How about commercials? Will you still be able to use ad-block or will they do the MLG thing that stops the video unless you turn it off?
"Touch my gosu hands." - Tastosis | | fOrGG // MC // Jaedong
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
May 19 2014 01:31 GMT
#78
Kinda scared that Google will own the world, but if this means twitch won't be a piece of shit anymore, I'm fine with this
HelpMeGetBetter
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States766 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 01:36:51
May 19 2014 01:35 GMT
#79
doesn't Djwheat work for twitch?
Gojira621
Profile Joined October 2010
United States374 Posts
May 19 2014 01:37 GMT
#80
On May 19 2014 08:50 [SXG]Phantom wrote:
lol google ruined you tube? Sure.



Hello, would you like to watch this video as X username or your real name?
*click x username*
Okay you are now watching as "real name"

expect all kinds of annoying google+ shit to be shoved into twitch, more ads, no more music, twitch chat will be reduced to nothing if everyone has to sign in with real names and will boring as hell.
www.twitch.tv/Gojira621
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 646
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9865
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 48m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.