• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:42
CEST 02:42
KST 09:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8355 users

The True Zia Story - Page 24

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 36 Next All
IcedEarth
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States3661 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-16 04:12:52
September 16 2006 04:12 GMT
#461
Several people have their juicy bullshit opinions (no offense intended to anyone, but it's just true), so whenever they get bored of that, maybe we'll move on.
Guardian guardian guardian of the blind
Myxomatosis
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States2392 Posts
September 16 2006 04:12 GMT
#462
On September 16 2006 13:04 IcedEarth wrote:
Yeah I know it's weird. And I wasn't zia EVERYTIME I sat at the computer. Just around certain people in the community. A select few people in the bw community have known since day 1.

oG)Avi just made me come to a realization. Zia has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much dirt on SO many members of the bw community, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just throw a few fun-filled facts out here.

ipban + nuke ftw.
Passion
Profile Joined December 2003
Netherlands1486 Posts
September 16 2006 04:12 GMT
#463
ok so now he s gonna convince all of us he's three guys, suddenly 2 new accounts appear and introduce themselves as the other two, they have these amazing adventures until one day we find out its actually a... monkey! he lives in some lab which location he cant specify, just like its purpose. somehow the monkey manages to escape, but keeps visiting tl and damn, this monkey has a live! one thing after the other happens and before we know it, its 10 years from now and we learn to know that he's not a monkey! the monkey aka three people aka zia will confess us that it's actually a alien who was abandonned from its home planet. it's new home was earth... it hid in a basement for years, feeding on some weird stuff or cereals or something. it also discovered that the only way it could reproduce was by talking to people on msn and this makes a lot of tl users the happy father/mother of a healthy... well something. it then blackmails all of them into paying her a certain amount of money (by threatening them to else sue their asses or tell their mothers), a proces taking another 5 years or so. then naz decides to close tl.net, this being the only way to be save of... whatever it turns out to be.

but thats just my prediction.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
September 16 2006 04:12 GMT
#464
I still trust people online
this is the only time it's fucked me over and on average trusting people makes you able to form way better relationships and make way more and better friends
I mean I went down to holland alone like 3 years ago to visit naz raszi oaral and meat for 2 weeks without having met or talked on phone with any of them before
it was absolutely great
I've met lots of people through the net actually and well apart from this one incident it has always been really cool.. in some cases really really cool and it has definitely given me really, really good friends that I care shitloads about
Moderator
Aileon
Profile Joined June 2006
United States299 Posts
September 16 2006 04:13 GMT
#465
On September 16 2006 11:36 Mortality wrote:
I read about half way through this thread....it's just so fucking long.

I'm in Zia's east clan (CapN.). There were always incosistencies in "her" story, but I never really thought about it or cared. I didn't think about it mainly because of all the things Eri said, but I never really cared either because I've always felt that there should be no reason for treating guys and girls differently online. It's not like you are going to meet these people in real life.

I will almost certainly continue wearing that CapN. tag because to me it never amttered if Zia was a guy or a girl. I hope this serves as a reality check to all of you who became overly involved, actually caring if Zia was male or female and develop deep feelings of love and/or sympathy for Zia. I remember when Zia told me about her knee being "shattered" (which was before anything was posted on this forum in so far as I know), and while I kind of felt bad for Zia, I didn't act on it. Losing a game for the wrong reasons right before I fall asleep will cause me to sleep poorly, but Zia's story didn't.



All of you who feel betrayed were betraying yourselves more than Zia was betraying you. You tried to take the human element of real life onto the internet. You made your social life and feelings revolve around the internet. But while the internet may bring people closer together in terms of knowledge and connectivity, it also pushes people farther apart because the human element is almost entirely non-existent.


qft
Everyones Favorite Hick. aka Xeroth
Ilvy
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany2445 Posts
September 16 2006 04:13 GMT
#466
On September 16 2006 12:54 Gene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2006 12:51 Ilvy wrote:
On September 16 2006 12:46 IcedEarth wrote:
AngryLlama, just so you know, all you're aware of involving me is an internet persona. If you think you can totally sum up a person that way, you're underestimating me. =/


Ppl believing you all the years is one thing, but still talking to you like they do now and giving you still the attention the other.

Actually i thought ppl would be smarter and not still using their time with a attentionwhore. Starting with shocked and ending with beeing amused.

Attention was the reason before and still is.
jealous?


Why? i at least have boops i don´t have to fake them
-WGT-Stars-
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States888 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-16 04:14:21
September 16 2006 04:13 GMT
#467
Jesus 23 pages already? -.- i mean 24 t.t
And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
September 16 2006 04:13 GMT
#468
On September 16 2006 13:12 Myxomatosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2006 13:04 IcedEarth wrote:
Yeah I know it's weird. And I wasn't zia EVERYTIME I sat at the computer. Just around certain people in the community. A select few people in the bw community have known since day 1.

oG)Avi just made me come to a realization. Zia has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much dirt on SO many members of the bw community, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just throw a few fun-filled facts out here.

ipban + nuke ftw.


oh shut up, IcedEarth still has a lot to contribute to this site.

I for one cannot WAIT for the next liquiscoopO.o
IcedEarth
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States3661 Posts
September 16 2006 04:13 GMT
#469
... passion, you're amazing.
Guardian guardian guardian of the blind
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
September 16 2006 04:14 GMT
#470
oh which reminds me why im so curious

was Zia based off anyone? who is the metalhead?

and the big question

does anyone ACTUALLY like nightwish? or is that part of the joke too. that would be the ultimate pun.
IcedEarth
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States3661 Posts
September 16 2006 04:15 GMT
#471
And yeah Gene. Quoting a member of TL.Net that i'm talking to msn with "Zia has contibuted a lot more good than bad to this community".

But if course, no one wants to hear that.
Guardian guardian guardian of the blind
Shiva_Chandra
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Denmark341 Posts
September 16 2006 04:16 GMT
#472
On September 16 2006 13:13 Ilvy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2006 12:54 Gene wrote:
On September 16 2006 12:51 Ilvy wrote:
On September 16 2006 12:46 IcedEarth wrote:
AngryLlama, just so you know, all you're aware of involving me is an internet persona. If you think you can totally sum up a person that way, you're underestimating me. =/


Ppl believing you all the years is one thing, but still talking to you like they do now and giving you still the attention the other.

Actually i thought ppl would be smarter and not still using their time with a attentionwhore. Starting with shocked and ending with beeing amused.

Attention was the reason before and still is.
jealous?


Why? i at least have boops i don´t have to fake them


Ok ya maybe, but who the fuck wants to see them? Come on.
Avi @^_^@
rhcp12312
Profile Joined August 2006
United States127 Posts
September 16 2006 04:17 GMT
#473
On September 16 2006 13:09 Gene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2006 13:05 rhcp12312 wrote:
This is why I tell people to get off their computers. Anyone who I "meet" online (key word ... you never actually "met" them) could never be "close" to me, simply because I've never MET them.

Its such an easy concept, anyone who has even average social skills knows that online is online, real life is the only place you can really trust anyone, because you can actually get to know them.

Even more simply, the context of conversation is how relationships and friendships are made in life, any sort of connection with another human being involves communication. Communication is possible online, through languages - what you don't have is Voice Tonality ... Body Language ... Energy Levels ... Facial Expressions - and these things are perhaps even more critical in the process of judging a person's character/personality than what they're actually saying. Because we all know, people lie, but unless they've been trained by the CIA - we can probably figure out that somethings fishy with someone meeting them in real life.

Just a good example for me to encourage people to step away from their computers, because in actuality a "relationship" you have online with someone can effectively change to jack shit in a matter of seconds. More often than not it wasn't even there in the first place.


that's a load of shit and Nazgul has said and explained it more than once.

we can use Zia as our perfect example even in this case.
we all know "Zia" the character, perfectly damn well. spend five years talking to someone, you can judge them, you can know who they are what they do what they're lifes plans are. you can know everything you want to know about them, even just through online. you can trust them, you can make a meaningful relationship out of it.


That's your opinion ... I'm just going to guess that you spend a lot of time over the internet ... I do too, I used to have friends on starcraft, I have friends on certain forums.

If I like talking to them I'll even add them to my AOL buddy list and talk to them frequently, by no means though would I ever ... say fly out to meet this person on a whim, let them borrow large amounts of money, etc... because you just can't tell over the internet.

If I start talking to someone on the phone, sharing pictures, talking on AIM, and then meet them in real life, this person can become an "actual" friend of mine, I'm just saying its very easy to lie on the internet and in my opinion this whole Zia character is a "perfect example" of why I am right.
Ilvy
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany2445 Posts
September 16 2006 04:18 GMT
#474
On September 16 2006 12:56 IcedEarth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2006 12:51 Ilvy wrote:
On September 16 2006 12:46 IcedEarth wrote:
AngryLlama, just so you know, all you're aware of involving me is an internet persona. If you think you can totally sum up a person that way, you're underestimating me. =/


Ppl believing you all the years is one thing, but still talking to you like they do now and giving you still the attention the other.

Actually i thought ppl would be smarter and not still using their time with a attentionwhore. Starting with shocked and ending with beeing amused.

Attention was the reason before and still is.


Hey I WANTED Zia to just disappear. The admins decided otherwise.


they posted just the truth so disappear
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-16 04:20:41
September 16 2006 04:19 GMT
#475
so the one time out of the THOUSANDS of people you've met online actually turns out to be lying and you think you're right?

i think the issue lies in trusting people.

some people believing trusting people until given a reason not to is a handicap

i do not, however.
Fobbish
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Korea (South)1071 Posts
September 16 2006 04:20 GMT
#476
Thread of Hall of Fame FTW!!!!!!!!!!

just because it cause biggest uproar in tl.net
강함은 타고나는 것이 아니라 만들어 지는 것이다! - 외인구단
bdams19
Profile Joined January 2005
United States1316 Posts
September 16 2006 04:20 GMT
#477
just a question to all of you... why do you even care so much after you've found out you've been had by some kid with no friends?
Shiva_Chandra
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Denmark341 Posts
September 16 2006 04:24 GMT
#478
Just a question to you, why do you delude yourself into thinkig this 'zia' character is a kid with no friends? Does it make you feel at ease and secure?
Avi @^_^@
rhcp12312
Profile Joined August 2006
United States127 Posts
September 16 2006 04:27 GMT
#479
On September 16 2006 13:19 Gene wrote:
so the one time out of the THOUSANDS of people you've met online actually turns out to be lying and you think you're right?

i think the issue lies in trusting people.

some people believing trusting people until given a reason not to is a handicap
my
i do not, however.


No .. I trust A LOT of people, I decide whether or not I will trust someone using the skills I've aquired in the 19 years I've been alive. This is in real life though, when you can get an idea of who they really are instead of just words on a screen. I have a few friends on starcraft who I thought were cool (I ended up chilling with exalted once), but besides that they're not really any more to me than a "starcraft friend."

I don't know, I guess its just that I don't spend that much time playing computer games anymore so I separate "online" friends I haven't met yet from "real life" friends that I hang out with consistently. If I think a friend from online is really cool based on the conversations we have then I might make an effort to meet up in real life, THEN he can become an actual friend. I guess you could say I'm selective, maybe a bit self-cenetered but that's the way I am.
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
September 16 2006 04:30 GMT
#480
On September 16 2006 13:20 bdams19 wrote:
just a question to all of you... why do you even care so much after you've found out you've been had by some kid with no friends?


I don't see why some people are treating it as if it's pure nerdery to care about finding out? It's not like I'm in tears here or something, but I am curious about what Adam has to say about it...
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft348
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft348
ViBE133
CosmosSc2 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2055
Artosis 607
Shuttle 539
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever693
Counter-Strike
minikerr20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox504
Other Games
summit1g8348
shahzam600
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0280
Maynarde140
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick976
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 18m
Stellar Fest
12h 18m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.