• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:53
CEST 07:53
KST 14:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8394 users

[Graphs] TL Census 2013 - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 09 2013 01:33 GMT
#241
On September 09 2013 10:28 Chairman Ray wrote:
I expected so much people from Korea. WHERE ARE THEY!

they hide when you look for them (pun intended)
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
September 09 2013 01:35 GMT
#242
I didn't realize you had an option for some undergrad -_-. I just assumed the poll would only list completed degrees.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
September 09 2013 01:36 GMT
#243
People were able to add custom responses to "why do you visit TL"

+ Show Spoiler +
IRC
write for BW staff
TL has been my internet home for years son
Loyalty
MONEY AND HOES
TL IF THE FUCKING SHIT
[CC]StealthBlue threads, offsite groups, some starcraft news
BLOGS
Sense of community
For the community
I mod stuff.
Good general forum, discussion, and sometimes blogs
No idea, really.
NaDa's body
Habit
I like to update Liquipedia
Been here since for fucking ever.
Picture Thread!
I watched BW/sc in the past, now I only use TL for the health and fitness subforum.
For that sexy man Kennigit
Troll
Read General Forum Threads
I like reading general discussion threads.
I enjoy ¤reading¤ TL threads
I love TLADT
ADT mostly
I support the Team Liquid SC and Dota teams
Aligulac
BLOGS and girl blogs =D
Blogs and ex-BW player
flamewheel is a qtie
I read Blogs!
SNIPEALOT
Funny pictures thread
Korean Music Discussion thread
TL+ [WHY IS THIS NOT AN OPTION?]
< TL
staff
Planetside TL Outfit / Diablo
TL is a great hub when searching for other teams for clanwars.
I enjoy lurking social/political/philosophical threads and laughing heartily about self-perceived intellect of TL-Posters.
Used to follow starcraft, dont watch or play anymore but I dont mind staying up to date.
+ Its my homepage
Hotbid's polls :D
sex
[SFW] Random Pics That Make You Laugh
Good moderation, sometimes too relaxed
It's awesome
to shitpost like none ever has
tech support; general world news
Teamliquid Health and Fitness and blog section
I read General Discussion
Sports forum
Health and Fitness subforum
General Discussion forums tend to be very up to date with news
Girl Blogs
BROOD WAR FUCK YEAH
Misc. news
trolling
Read random General Threads for News and sometimes Game Threads to see peoples opinions about the game
I love the community here.
SFW pictures thread
Blogs!
I participate in TL threads but don't enjoy doing so. =)
penis
read blogs
The MtG thread.
some select threads i still follow
i watch stream here
Fantasy leagues.
Played lots of Broodwar and Sc so found TL through that, these days mostly dota.
Been here a long time
Streams
Girl Blogs!
Hot bid interviews
Getting news, debating politics
Reading threads about other games
i love team liquid!!
Liquibet + FantasyProleague
Reading forums
Nada's Body
girl blogs lol
Some nice threads in the general sections/discussing games (such as EU)
boredom
TLH&F
Girl Blogs
Interesting to see everybody's viewpoints.
Anime Discussion Thread
To Watch SC die the slow death it deserves while you run around in circles like headless chicken. #WCS is killing SC and you are afraid to talk about it.
Custom maps
I like the community
I enjoy reading some threads
Other Games
General Forum
Blogs section
recruiting (had a sponsored thread)
Blog section
FGSTL
came for SC:BW, now i just read some threads here and there
I enjoy the SC custom map scene
League of Legends
TLHF (Team Liquid Health/Fitness)
I'm a Mapmaker and i post my maps here
I'm a Mapmaker and i post my maps here
Finding news from all over the world.
amusement
Girl Blogs
KMD for life
tladt, kmd
JUST DOTA NOW THO
I contribute to Liquipedia
It's Great!
motbob
Stalking pro-gamers
Following WCS
used to play SC
Forums are a good read.
I just really like the site/communities that congregate here.
reading General Forums
LR Threads
staff
I used to enjoy BW, but now mostly stick aruond for General / Blogs / Sports & Games-parts.
korean music thread
Read random threads.
tl is a terrible place with overzealous mods. you cant speak your mind
The Automated Ban List Thread
Korean Music Discussion
I appreciate the general intelligence of the TL community and the General posts, as well as SC-related posts.
I would use TLPD if it was up to date.
follow progaming (SC)
Fantasy and Liquibet!
TLPONIES
Blogs
Girl Blogs.
habit
Live Report Threads
General // Sports Topics
it's great!
I read some threads.. and reminisce about pro bw
community
I visit to stalk Scarlett
I used to be a more active member and play BW and SCand now I visit TL occasionally for updates on the esports scene.
Used to play sc A LOT, now play LOL some..
Replay packs from players
MLP thread! :D
Don't know anymore
because: ESPORTS hell yeah!
a haiku outlet; those are few and far between; shoutout to the lounge
I am SirJolt & I love you, poor census reader <
Girl Blogs
Blogs
I enjoy the feel of motbobs face between my knees
to launch TS lolol
mostly using General / Sports & Games forums
General Forum
sports section
read blog posts
Browse General threads and other games than what is listed above
The General Forum.
there are actual discussions going on here, unlike other places....
TSL is the best tournament series ever.
Enjoying general and blog forum
I don't visit TL
ModeratorGood content always wins.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
September 09 2013 01:38 GMT
#244
On September 09 2013 10:36 motbob wrote:
People were able to add custom responses to "why do you visit TL"

+ Show Spoiler +
IRC
write for BW staff
TL has been my internet home for years son
Loyalty
MONEY AND HOES
TL IF THE FUCKING SHIT
[CC]StealthBlue threads, offsite groups, some starcraft news
BLOGS
Sense of community
For the community
I mod stuff.
Good general forum, discussion, and sometimes blogs
No idea, really.
NaDa's body
Habit
I like to update Liquipedia
Been here since for fucking ever.
Picture Thread!
I watched BW/sc in the past, now I only use TL for the health and fitness subforum.
For that sexy man Kennigit
Troll
Read General Forum Threads
I like reading general discussion threads.
I enjoy ¤reading¤ TL threads
I love TLADT
ADT mostly
I support the Team Liquid SC and Dota teams
Aligulac
BLOGS and girl blogs =D
Blogs and ex-BW player
flamewheel is a qtie
I read Blogs!
SNIPEALOT
Funny pictures thread
Korean Music Discussion thread
TL+ [WHY IS THIS NOT AN OPTION?]
< TL
staff
Planetside TL Outfit / Diablo
TL is a great hub when searching for other teams for clanwars.
I enjoy lurking social/political/philosophical threads and laughing heartily about self-perceived intellect of TL-Posters.
Used to follow starcraft, dont watch or play anymore but I dont mind staying up to date.
+ Its my homepage
Hotbid's polls :D
sex
[SFW] Random Pics That Make You Laugh
Good moderation, sometimes too relaxed
It's awesome
to shitpost like none ever has
tech support; general world news
Teamliquid Health and Fitness and blog section
I read General Discussion
Sports forum
Health and Fitness subforum
General Discussion forums tend to be very up to date with news
Girl Blogs
BROOD WAR FUCK YEAH
Misc. news
trolling
Read random General Threads for News and sometimes Game Threads to see peoples opinions about the game
I love the community here.
SFW pictures thread
Blogs!
I participate in TL threads but don't enjoy doing so. =)
penis
read blogs
The MtG thread.
some select threads i still follow
i watch stream here
Fantasy leagues.
Played lots of Broodwar and Sc so found TL through that, these days mostly dota.
Been here a long time
Streams
Girl Blogs!
Hot bid interviews
Getting news, debating politics
Reading threads about other games
i love team liquid!!
Liquibet + FantasyProleague
Reading forums
Nada's Body
girl blogs lol
Some nice threads in the general sections/discussing games (such as EU)
boredom
TLH&F
Girl Blogs
Interesting to see everybody's viewpoints.
Anime Discussion Thread
To Watch SC die the slow death it deserves while you run around in circles like headless chicken. #WCS is killing SC and you are afraid to talk about it.
Custom maps
I like the community
I enjoy reading some threads
Other Games
General Forum
Blogs section
recruiting (had a sponsored thread)
Blog section
FGSTL
came for SC:BW, now i just read some threads here and there
I enjoy the SC custom map scene
League of Legends
TLHF (Team Liquid Health/Fitness)
I'm a Mapmaker and i post my maps here
I'm a Mapmaker and i post my maps here
Finding news from all over the world.
amusement
Girl Blogs
KMD for life
tladt, kmd
JUST DOTA NOW THO
I contribute to Liquipedia
It's Great!
motbob
Stalking pro-gamers
Following WCS
used to play SC
Forums are a good read.
I just really like the site/communities that congregate here.
reading General Forums
LR Threads
staff
I used to enjoy BW, but now mostly stick aruond for General / Blogs / Sports & Games-parts.
korean music thread
Read random threads.
tl is a terrible place with overzealous mods. you cant speak your mind
The Automated Ban List Thread
Korean Music Discussion
I appreciate the general intelligence of the TL community and the General posts, as well as SC-related posts.
I would use TLPD if it was up to date.
follow progaming (SC)
Fantasy and Liquibet!
TLPONIES
Blogs
Girl Blogs.
habit
Live Report Threads
General // Sports Topics
it's great!
I read some threads.. and reminisce about pro bw
community
I visit to stalk Scarlett
I used to be a more active member and play BW and SCand now I visit TL occasionally for updates on the esports scene.
Used to play sc A LOT, now play LOL some..
Replay packs from players
MLP thread! :D
Don't know anymore
because: ESPORTS hell yeah!
a haiku outlet; those are few and far between; shoutout to the lounge
I am SirJolt & I love you, poor census reader <
Girl Blogs
Blogs
I enjoy the feel of motbobs face between my knees
to launch TS lolol
mostly using General / Sports & Games forums
General Forum
sports section
read blog posts
Browse General threads and other games than what is listed above
The General Forum.
there are actual discussions going on here, unlike other places....
TSL is the best tournament series ever.
Enjoying general and blog forum
I don't visit TL

Yes! Girl blogs.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
September 09 2013 03:40 GMT
#245
I feel cool being in the minority for practically all of these topics lol
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
September 09 2013 03:48 GMT
#246
I enjoy the feel of motbobs face between my knees


Wow I'm kind of surprised you put that, ohh person not to be named. Also isn't that not a very accurate oral sex joke? Given the mechanics and the design of the human body. Also kind of surprised motbob didn't censor that one.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
September 09 2013 04:57 GMT
#247
The racial distribution shocked me, I honestly expected a lot more Asians on TL but maybe because I've been exposed mostly to the Asian group of people here. The forum activity makes a lot of sense, lurkers FTW!
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
September 09 2013 05:29 GMT
#248
to shitpost like none ever has


I have a few guesses as to who this is
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
September 09 2013 06:28 GMT
#249
On September 01 2013 14:11 motbob wrote:


It's unreal to me that most people on TL aren't from the USA.


Classic American

Do you know that according to 2011 estimates there are 412,787,386 people living in "Western Europe" ?
Liquipedia
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
September 09 2013 06:35 GMT
#250
On September 09 2013 15:28 Noam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2013 14:11 motbob wrote:


It's unreal to me that most people on TL aren't from the USA.


Classic American

Do you know that according to 2011 estimates there are 412,787,386 people living in "Western Europe" ?

Did you know that two years ago there were 50% more people from the U.S. than from Western Europe on TL?
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 09 2013 06:39 GMT
#251
Effect of Dota imo.
Moderator
TheOneWhoKnocks
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
160 Posts
September 09 2013 06:40 GMT
#252
Penis, sex, stalk progamers, and NaDa's body....

I wonder if those are related in any way.

Also: "To Watch SC die the slow death it deserves while you run around in circles like headless chicken." Noice.
I did it for myself.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-09 06:53:41
September 09 2013 06:51 GMT
#253
Interesting. If 25 is a statistical anomaly, then the bell curve centres on 23 more or less. That actually lines up fairly well with our community's age distribution from previous census. (Acknowledging of course that this was voluntary and not random.) 2010, the centre looks like 20, 2011, I think it was 21. So the missing 2012 was probably 22.

Someone was being smart:
Q: "Why do you visit TL?"
A: "I don't visit TL."
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
September 09 2013 10:19 GMT
#254
On September 09 2013 10:36 motbob wrote:
People were able to add custom responses to "why do you visit TL"

+ Show Spoiler +
(...)
Aligulac
(...)

If people visit TL for Aligulac, I have this other really cool site they should check out.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
September 09 2013 10:33 GMT
#255
On September 09 2013 15:35 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 15:28 Noam wrote:
On September 01 2013 14:11 motbob wrote:


It's unreal to me that most people on TL aren't from the USA.


Classic American

Do you know that according to 2011 estimates there are 412,787,386 people living in "Western Europe" ?

Did you know that two years ago there were 50% more people from the U.S. than from Western Europe on TL?

That result was more suprising since it after all is a dutch clan site.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
September 09 2013 11:17 GMT
#256
Any chance of comparison graphs to prior year results?
HOLY CHECK!
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
September 09 2013 11:25 GMT
#257
On September 09 2013 15:39 Firebolt145 wrote:
Effect of Dota imo.

Would actually be interesting to see a breakdown of IP country by forum.
CraZyWayne
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany357 Posts
September 09 2013 11:41 GMT
#258
On September 09 2013 15:51 Falling wrote:
Interesting. If 25 is a statistical anomaly, then the bell curve centres on 23 more or less. That actually lines up fairly well with our community's age distribution from previous census. (Acknowledging of course that this was voluntary and not random.) 2010, the centre looks like 20, 2011, I think it was 21. So the missing 2012 was probably 22.


It most probably is an artefact, just because part 1 of "how old are you" ended with 25 years and some people might have clicked it before noticing there actually is a part 2.
"tahts halo. dont worry"
SOB_Maj_Brian
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States522 Posts
September 09 2013 12:27 GMT
#259
I selected "other" as ethnicity b/c I am exactly 50% asian and 50% white. This has troubled me in a lot of polls and I am not quite sure how to answer the question...
Ender985
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain910 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-09 13:45:03
September 09 2013 12:54 GMT
#260
Nice work with the graphs.

I need to point out though that the % numbers in the last two bar plots do not make any sense!

Also, I made a word cloud on the "why do you visit TL" other field, enjoy!
Member of the Pirate Party - direct democracy, institutional transparency, and freedom of information
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft723
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 582
Stork 236
ggaemo 200
Leta 148
PianO 61
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Reynor37
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King227
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor652
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft211
Sick152
RuFF_SC2112
ViBE70
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2207
League of Legends
• Lourlo1358
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 8m
Online Event
5h 8m
FEL
10h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.