• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:01
CEST 15:01
KST 22:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6905 users

Alberta, Canada Floods 2013

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 19:04:26
June 21 2013 18:59 GMT
#1
Being from Calgary myself, I'd like to bring some light about the floods that literally came out of nowhere in Calgary. Heavy rain started yesterday, after a rain filled June. As I was going to work yesterday, one major highway lane was closed down, after I got home...

Announcements were made for: Over 100,000 people are being evacuated, all schools and universities shut down, all transit shut down, Calgary and many parts of Alberta are in State-of-emergency. Lots of volunteer sandbagging etc being done.

It's an nasty flood because the rivers that cross Calgary a very near down-town, so lots of services are cut off because of that. Also stampede is coming soon, and the entire park is underwater. The Calgary Zoo too is experiencing nasty nasty flooding.

Worst thing is, it isn't stopping, right now I hear moderate to hard rain, luckily I live on a hill, but condolences to all of you evacuating, and being affected by it.
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

More pictures/info:

http://bizboxtv.com/calgary-flooding-2013-flood-pictures-video/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/06/20/calgary-city-emergency-plan-ch.html#evacuation_flood_zones
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/21/officials-warn-worst-is-yet-to-come-as-areas-of-calgary-begin-to-flood/
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
June 21 2013 19:15 GMT
#2
Most of my family lives in Calgary but they live on the safe end of town so I'm thankful for that. Still a lot of people are going to be displaced it's unfortunate. I live close to Calgary but we haven't had flooding that bad yet.
Not bad for a cat toy.
KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
June 21 2013 19:26 GMT
#3
It's crazy when I look at the photos and contrast it with my situation. Im currently living in edgemont while working in Airdrie meaning that the heavy rains have basically had no effect on my daily schedule.

Keep hearing stories about friends who have required evacuation etc it's crazy and very unfortunate.
Doom Guy
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
June 21 2013 19:30 GMT
#4
I'm in Calgary, fortunately somewhat in a higher elevated area, but there's water %$#&ing everywhere, and I won't be able to drive out of my house lol.
bkope
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada19 Posts
June 21 2013 19:40 GMT
#5
this is getting crazy, reports deerfoot getting shut down later this afternoon. lucky I am in Cranston :/ I feel bad for the others in lower areas!
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
June 21 2013 19:42 GMT
#6
If people are stuck inside, lets meet up and watch some starcraft?
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
June 21 2013 19:43 GMT
#7
ban me please

User was temp banned for this post.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
June 21 2013 19:56 GMT
#8
Shit just got real:

http://globalnews.ca/news/661012/watch-house-shatters-against-bridge-during-alberta-flooding/
datcirclejerk
Profile Joined June 2013
89 Posts
June 21 2013 19:58 GMT
#9
Yet another example of Unintelligent Design. Control yourselves, damn rivers.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -Schopenhauer
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 21 2013 20:16 GMT
#10
I had no idea that there was flooding in Calgary, let alone it being that bad. I know here in Lethbridge (Which is 2 hours south of Calgary) we've been receiving lots of rain, but we haven't had any flooding.

Well, the university flooded, but for reasons unrelated to the rain.

Hope it gets better soon.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
June 21 2013 20:19 GMT
#11
I'm in Calgary, it's pretty terrible atm :/
Moderatorlickypiddy
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
June 21 2013 20:22 GMT
#12
Stay safe guys <3 with love from Quebec.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Shebuha
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1335 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 20:30:52
June 21 2013 20:28 GMT
#13
Woah, I heard about this from some friends who have relatives there, but I didn't know it was this bad. Good luck out there bros.

EDIT: holy shit @ that house peacing it.
Ponera
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada596 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 22:04:22
June 21 2013 21:46 GMT
#14
I have literally lost 99% of what I have earned in life as a result of this flood. I got my laptop, xbox, cat and tortoise to safety but just about everything else is gone. I only have 2 pairs of pants, for example. My place is completely submerged I'm sure as I am right at ground zero where the saddledome is filling up.

That said, I have a "fixer upper" property for sale, waterside good location.

Best way for me not to be depressed is so light heartedly troll, I guess.

edit: www.google.ca
http://globalnews.ca/news/662061/calgarians-offended-by-google-doodle-depicting-swimming-scene/

the doodle for today is such a troll

edit2: [image loading]
You won't feel very "Plus" in TL+
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
June 21 2013 22:02 GMT
#15
On June 22 2013 06:46 Ponera wrote:
I have literally lost 99% of what I have earned in life as a result of this flood. I got my laptop, xbox, cat and tortoise to safety but just about everything else is gone. I only have 2 pairs of pants, for example. My place is completely submerged I'm sure as I am right at ground zero where the saddledome is filling up.

That said, I have a "fixer upper" property for sale, waterside good location.

Best way for me not to be depressed is so light heartedly troll, I guess.

edit: www.google.ca

the doodle for today is such a troll

edit2: [image loading]


Man, that is so sad to hear... Does insurance or anything compensate anything like that? Don't know how it works.

Makes me really happy that on kijiji 400+ people are offering aid, giving people a place to stay etc. Proud day to be Canadian whatever the circumstances are.

Volunteers were actually being denied after too many people were trying to help.

And for you, if you need a place to stay, etc. I can offer assistance.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Schneeflocke
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada89 Posts
June 21 2013 22:05 GMT
#16
I am so sorry for you Ponera. Usually these tragedies are too far away for me to feel sympathetic (also because I'm a bad person) but this is close to home and family and friends.
www.google.ca you didn't!
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
June 21 2013 22:09 GMT
#17
Stay dry!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Ponera
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada596 Posts
June 21 2013 22:10 GMT
#18
No fortunately I am house sitting for my parents in the NW. I am trying to find out how bad it is at 4th st and 19th ave, I've heard that 4th street is running faster than the elbow normally. I am in a basement suite so odds are it's near the top of the roof lol. That means my 4 fish are probably swimming free, I hope I find them before they die.

It's funny how my friends and family tell me "oh it could be worse" and "keep perspective" makes me wonder if it's them who needs a perspective. Oh well, nothing I can do about it but continue to make snarky comments and troll my facebook friends
++++++++++++
You won't feel very "Plus" in TL+
aMEkaRmy
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada633 Posts
June 21 2013 22:11 GMT
#19
Yeah it's unreal at the moment. I'm working on the new hotels near the airport, Far from the flooding and our site was shut down today to ensure everyone could be home safely. I went to buy some groceries and stock up on water and the stores are absolutely swarmed with people and finding water to buy was near impossible.
Team Captain for FXO.NA Follow me on twitter @FXOkarmy
Ponera
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada596 Posts
June 21 2013 22:14 GMT
#20
wow thanks for making me a tl plus member! Not sure what that means but thanks.
You won't feel very "Plus" in TL+
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 963
RotterdaM466
TKL 188
SteadfastSC165
Rex104
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 466
ByuN 272
TKL 188
SteadfastSC 165
Rex 104
Codebar 29
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37142
Shuttle 2264
Jaedong 941
Horang2 805
Bisu 672
Soulkey 487
Mini 360
Stork 345
EffOrt 296
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 241
BeSt 237
Soma 216
Snow 168
ZerO 154
Last 151
Rush 151
Mong 142
firebathero 142
Zeus 93
Free 93
910 79
sorry 70
Mind 66
Hyun 66
Sharp 56
Pusan 51
PianO 51
hero 47
Shinee 40
Yoon 39
Shine 36
JYJ 32
Bale 27
Sexy 25
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3721
Dendi1064
canceldota76
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1143
edward50
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes509
Lowko293
Other Games
gofns68786
singsing2287
B2W.Neo326
hiko266
DeMusliM251
Pyrionflax183
Livibee149
QueenE55
Liquid`VortiX37
Trikslyr34
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1501
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV459
League of Legends
• Nemesis1371
• Jankos1328
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• Shiphtur655
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 59m
The PondCast
20h 59m
INu's Battles
21h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.