• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:04
CEST 17:04
KST 00:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7224 users

Neil Armstrong passes away at age 82 - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
August 26 2012 01:40 GMT
#161
Rest in peace.
:3
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
August 26 2012 01:57 GMT
#162
Rest in peace.
Hey man
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 02:03:13
August 26 2012 02:01 GMT
#163
First Violet and now Neil Armstrong

Ever since I was 7 years old I envied you. Requiescat in pace.
SayGen
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1209 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 02:19:35
August 26 2012 02:17 GMT
#164
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/08/25/astronaut-neil-armstrong-dies-at-82/
Eh didn't see this thread when I made another one based off this article.
Too bad you can't self delete a post.
We Live to Die
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 02:21:24
August 26 2012 02:21 GMT
#165
On August 26 2012 04:19 xwoGworwaTsx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 04:15 Cokefreak wrote:
Rest in peace, one of the greatest steps ever made.

Did he tell the secret to anyone before he died?

RIP Mr. Armstrong!

EDIT: I am removing this red warning line. Failing warned me for all the wrong reasons. I remember watching a documentary where Armstrong specifically saying that he wishes to share a secret by the time he dies.

User was temp banned for this post.


Lol ^^ Thank you for telling us, goodbye.

This is a shame, but like anything life moves on. Shame he couldn't see us get to Mars.
FoTG fighting!
Chengakz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States163 Posts
August 26 2012 02:26 GMT
#166
Rest in peace as you take that final giant leap, the man in the moon.
For Aiur!
SpaceFighting
Profile Joined January 2010
New Zealand690 Posts
August 26 2012 02:29 GMT
#167
damn alot of fatalities recently, sucks ass, people ive been paying attention to, or like armstrong who influenced the way i thought about "aliens" and such, or how outer space was unreachable ..

RIP bro.
kuz pro
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 02:33:24
August 26 2012 02:33 GMT
#168
Amazing that the two Armstrongs suffer major calamities in such a narrow time frame. And they both had such great legacies, but Neil will probably still be in the history books a thousand years from now with his memorable quote.
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
August 26 2012 02:34 GMT
#169
On August 26 2012 06:25 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 06:16 0mgVitaminE wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:19 xwoGworwaTsx wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:15 Cokefreak wrote:
Rest in peace, one of the greatest steps ever made.

Did he tell the secret to anyone before he died?

RIP Mr. Armstrong!

EDIT: I am removing this red warning line. Failing warned me for all the wrong reasons. I remember watching a documentary where Armstrong specifically saying that he wishes to share a secret by the time he dies.

User was temp banned for this post.

Why the temp ban? Seems like he had a legitimate reason to post that

Conspiracy theorist are not welcome here, it's a TL policy. Say stupid things like that, or like "9/11 didn't happen" or that Bin Laden is alive and married to Marilyn Monroe, or that Hitler was a CIA agent or any dumb shit of that caliber and you get a warning or a ban. I really think it's a good thing mods elagate a little bit of humanity's stupidity on this forum.

I can't believe some people think that the Moon landing didn't happen. It's so ridiculous it's actually puzzling. I guess the "secret" was a too clear insinuation not to deserve a warning, but the ban clearly came from deleting the red line himself.

Anyway.

RIP Armstrong. If one person has to be remembered by history in the last twenty centuries, it must be him. Christoper Colombus achievement is a joke compared to his.

Except Armstrong really did say he planned to reveal some "secret" before he died. I'm not saying that the secret was that the landing was faked, just that he may not have actually been insinuating that.

I suspect the mod who warned him did not know this. Guy still deserves a ban for being a dick about it, but thats different.
Who called in the fleet?
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6542 Posts
August 26 2012 03:14 GMT
#170
On August 26 2012 11:34 Millitron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 06:25 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On August 26 2012 06:16 0mgVitaminE wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:19 xwoGworwaTsx wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:15 Cokefreak wrote:
Rest in peace, one of the greatest steps ever made.

Did he tell the secret to anyone before he died?

RIP Mr. Armstrong!

EDIT: I am removing this red warning line. Failing warned me for all the wrong reasons. I remember watching a documentary where Armstrong specifically saying that he wishes to share a secret by the time he dies.

User was temp banned for this post.

Why the temp ban? Seems like he had a legitimate reason to post that

Conspiracy theorist are not welcome here, it's a TL policy. Say stupid things like that, or like "9/11 didn't happen" or that Bin Laden is alive and married to Marilyn Monroe, or that Hitler was a CIA agent or any dumb shit of that caliber and you get a warning or a ban. I really think it's a good thing mods elagate a little bit of humanity's stupidity on this forum.

I can't believe some people think that the Moon landing didn't happen. It's so ridiculous it's actually puzzling. I guess the "secret" was a too clear insinuation not to deserve a warning, but the ban clearly came from deleting the red line himself.

Anyway.

RIP Armstrong. If one person has to be remembered by history in the last twenty centuries, it must be him. Christoper Colombus achievement is a joke compared to his.

Except Armstrong really did say he planned to reveal some "secret" before he died. I'm not saying that the secret was that the landing was faked, just that he may not have actually been insinuating that.

I suspect the mod who warned him did not know this. Guy still deserves a ban for being a dick about it, but thats different.

I have seen a fair amount of stuff about Neil Armstrong, but I'm not familiar with this. Do you have links? I think everyone would be interested.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
August 26 2012 03:18 GMT
#171
He was a big part in one of mankind's greatest achievements. RIP, Neil.
StoRm_res
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland891 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 03:22:19
August 26 2012 03:21 GMT
#172
He will never be forgotten, as he is one of the ambassadors of human development..
Rest in peace

edit: very worthy way to spend my 222th post
Sanctimonius
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom861 Posts
August 26 2012 03:52 GMT
#173
Sent soaring back to the stars. RIP to a real hero to the whole world, not just the US.
You live the life you choose.
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
August 26 2012 04:04 GMT
#174
On August 26 2012 12:14 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 11:34 Millitron wrote:
On August 26 2012 06:25 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On August 26 2012 06:16 0mgVitaminE wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:19 xwoGworwaTsx wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:15 Cokefreak wrote:
Rest in peace, one of the greatest steps ever made.

Did he tell the secret to anyone before he died?

RIP Mr. Armstrong!

EDIT: I am removing this red warning line. Failing warned me for all the wrong reasons. I remember watching a documentary where Armstrong specifically saying that he wishes to share a secret by the time he dies.

User was temp banned for this post.

Why the temp ban? Seems like he had a legitimate reason to post that

Conspiracy theorist are not welcome here, it's a TL policy. Say stupid things like that, or like "9/11 didn't happen" or that Bin Laden is alive and married to Marilyn Monroe, or that Hitler was a CIA agent or any dumb shit of that caliber and you get a warning or a ban. I really think it's a good thing mods elagate a little bit of humanity's stupidity on this forum.

I can't believe some people think that the Moon landing didn't happen. It's so ridiculous it's actually puzzling. I guess the "secret" was a too clear insinuation not to deserve a warning, but the ban clearly came from deleting the red line himself.

Anyway.

RIP Armstrong. If one person has to be remembered by history in the last twenty centuries, it must be him. Christoper Colombus achievement is a joke compared to his.

Except Armstrong really did say he planned to reveal some "secret" before he died. I'm not saying that the secret was that the landing was faked, just that he may not have actually been insinuating that.

I suspect the mod who warned him did not know this. Guy still deserves a ban for being a dick about it, but thats different.

I have seen a fair amount of stuff about Neil Armstrong, but I'm not familiar with this. Do you have links? I think everyone would be interested.

Huh, well now I feel dumb. This is the only thing I can find that mentions Neil Armstrong having a secret, and isn't totally insane conspiracy nonsense.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp

I suspect that I, and the previous poster only heard part of this story/joke, and missed the punch-line.
Who called in the fleet?
hootsushi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany3468 Posts
August 26 2012 04:15 GMT
#175
This guy's a legend and he will be never forgotten. Rest in Peace Neil.
Poyo
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada790 Posts
August 26 2012 04:29 GMT
#176
Rest in peace
Poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo!
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
August 26 2012 04:39 GMT
#177
That's too bad, I always wanted to know his secret... R.I.P.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
August 26 2012 04:44 GMT
#178
Hmm I wonder about this secret, I never read that in his biography.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Tewks44
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2032 Posts
August 26 2012 04:46 GMT
#179
On August 26 2012 13:04 Millitron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 12:14 oBlade wrote:
On August 26 2012 11:34 Millitron wrote:
On August 26 2012 06:25 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On August 26 2012 06:16 0mgVitaminE wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:19 xwoGworwaTsx wrote:
On August 26 2012 04:15 Cokefreak wrote:
Rest in peace, one of the greatest steps ever made.

Did he tell the secret to anyone before he died?

RIP Mr. Armstrong!

EDIT: I am removing this red warning line. Failing warned me for all the wrong reasons. I remember watching a documentary where Armstrong specifically saying that he wishes to share a secret by the time he dies.

User was temp banned for this post.

Why the temp ban? Seems like he had a legitimate reason to post that

Conspiracy theorist are not welcome here, it's a TL policy. Say stupid things like that, or like "9/11 didn't happen" or that Bin Laden is alive and married to Marilyn Monroe, or that Hitler was a CIA agent or any dumb shit of that caliber and you get a warning or a ban. I really think it's a good thing mods elagate a little bit of humanity's stupidity on this forum.

I can't believe some people think that the Moon landing didn't happen. It's so ridiculous it's actually puzzling. I guess the "secret" was a too clear insinuation not to deserve a warning, but the ban clearly came from deleting the red line himself.

Anyway.

RIP Armstrong. If one person has to be remembered by history in the last twenty centuries, it must be him. Christoper Colombus achievement is a joke compared to his.

Except Armstrong really did say he planned to reveal some "secret" before he died. I'm not saying that the secret was that the landing was faked, just that he may not have actually been insinuating that.

I suspect the mod who warned him did not know this. Guy still deserves a ban for being a dick about it, but thats different.

I have seen a fair amount of stuff about Neil Armstrong, but I'm not familiar with this. Do you have links? I think everyone would be interested.

Huh, well now I feel dumb. This is the only thing I can find that mentions Neil Armstrong having a secret, and isn't totally insane conspiracy nonsense.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp

I suspect that I, and the previous poster only heard part of this story/joke, and missed the punch-line.


I'm glad you're not easily manipulated by conspiracy sources, but the sad truth is you probably didn't miss the punch line. It's more likely you were mislead by conspiracy theorists who where intentionally spreading unverified information. The sad truth is, conspiracy theorists tend to run with bits of evidence that agree with their views without attempting to verify them in the least. Therefore it only takes one person to make up something with absolutely no supporting evidence, and the next thing you know it's a major building block of a conspiracy theory.
"that is our ethos; free content, starcraft content, websites that work occasionally" -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
KiWiKaKi
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada691 Posts
August 26 2012 04:48 GMT
#180
rip sir neil armstrong
ur pro or ur noob , thats life
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1100
RotterdaM669
SteadfastSC290
TKL 254
Rex120
CosmosSc2 44
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 669
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 254
ProTech122
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44648
Calm 3683
Shuttle 2779
Jaedong 1273
Horang2 834
Mini 568
Soma 491
EffOrt 423
Rush 390
Soulkey 322
[ Show more ]
Stork 287
Larva 257
BeSt 241
Snow 200
ZerO 192
firebathero 125
Mong 104
Zeus 98
hero 81
Free 78
910 73
Mind 71
Hyun 49
sorry 44
Shine 39
Sharp 37
Shinee 36
Pusan 30
PianO 30
ToSsGirL 24
Killer 22
Bale 22
JYJ 21
Aegong 19
Sexy 17
scan(afreeca) 16
HiyA 14
Terrorterran 14
Hm[arnc] 13
Rock 12
Trap 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5254
Dendi1183
420jenkins151
Counter-Strike
fl0m2913
Fnx 630
x6flipin202
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King139
ChuDatz18
Other Games
singsing2185
Liquid`RaSZi812
hiko781
B2W.Neo417
crisheroes337
dupreeh299
ceh9272
Khaldor242
Livibee188
Liquid`VortiX181
Pyrionflax171
Hui .154
Trikslyr92
QueenE80
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH264
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV253
League of Legends
• Nemesis2369
• Jankos1594
• TFBlade593
Other Games
• Shiphtur719
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
57m
The PondCast
18h 57m
INu's Battles
19h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.