• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:50
CEST 06:50
KST 13:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7002 users

Higgs Particle Announcement Incoming!!! - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 32 33 34 Next All
Spray
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States402 Posts
July 04 2012 04:06 GMT
#41
I remember when they thought that the neutrino was faster than light. that was a big fuck up on their part. They must mean buissness this time given last time.
HuK Fighting~~!
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 04 2012 04:06 GMT
#42
Live feed at Wired:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/07/watch-live-higgs-boson/
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 04 2012 04:07 GMT
#43
On July 04 2012 13:05 Glockateer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 12:21 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On July 04 2012 12:17 Steveling wrote:
On July 04 2012 12:13 HaruRH wrote:
On July 04 2012 12:08 Antisocialmunky wrote:
I'm in awe of the gravity of this announcement.


Me too. This announcement will carry so much mass.


I just hope the product applications can carry the weight of this discovery.


On July 04 2012 12:20 ShadeR wrote:
Wow... this is gonna be pretty heavy stuff.


I'm just going to unify this line of thinking.


This discovery is quite smashing.


It's really giving me a hadron right now
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
July 04 2012 04:14 GMT
#44
Higgs Boson. God Particle. Fourth of July? Checkmate Atheists!
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
July 04 2012 04:25 GMT
#45
Oh man oh man.... can't WAIT to share this shit if it's 100% proven.
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
July 04 2012 04:27 GMT
#46
On July 04 2012 13:06 Spray wrote:
I remember when they thought that the neutrino was faster than light. that was a big fuck up on their part. They must mean buissness this time given last time.


Most scientists were very skeptical of the neutrino affair in the first place. Even the scientists who conducted the experiment were pretty sure something was wrong, and that was reflected in the published paper. The whole thing just got blown out of proportion by idiot journalists.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 04:40 GMT
#47
On July 04 2012 13:27 FragKrag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 13:06 Spray wrote:
I remember when they thought that the neutrino was faster than light. that was a big fuck up on their part. They must mean buissness this time given last time.


Most scientists were very skeptical of the neutrino affair in the first place. Even the scientists who conducted the experiment were pretty sure something was wrong, and that was reflected in the published paper. The whole thing just got blown out of proportion by idiot journalists.


Exactly. The faster-than-light neutrino was not accepted at all within the scientific community. There were too many implications that made no sense with our physical world.

However, the existence of the Higgs boson has been waiting to be confirmed for decades.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 04:51:38
July 04 2012 04:48 GMT
#48
On July 04 2012 13:14 chaoser wrote:
Higgs Boson. God Particle. Fourth of July? Checkmate Atheists!

Damn I love that guy.

Nice reference.

On July 04 2012 13:25 Keitzer wrote:
Oh man oh man.... can't WAIT to share this shit if it's 100% proven.

You don't know how science works. Nothing is ever 100% proven. If tomorrow evidence came that every theory science is currently using now is wrong it would cause everything to change. Not to reject it because it contradicts things that are already proven. In science there is only shown beyond reasonable doubt and not shown beyond reasonable doubt.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 05:03:34
July 04 2012 05:01 GMT
#49
http://vimeo.com/41038445#

nice vid explaining higgs
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 05:35 GMT
#50
On July 04 2012 14:01 ShadeR wrote:
http://vimeo.com/41038445#

nice vid explaining higgs


Thanks! I really like Jorge Cham's work. I'll add it to the OP.

It's disappointing that we're about to reach the conclusion of a decades long search, which is one of the most important events for the human experience and this thread keeps getting lost, while "Fit to Lick?" dominates the discussion for the night.


Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
July 04 2012 05:45 GMT
#51
On July 04 2012 14:35 kingjames01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 14:01 ShadeR wrote:
http://vimeo.com/41038445#

nice vid explaining higgs


Thanks! I really like Jorge Cham's work. I'll add it to the OP.

It's disappointing that we're about to reach the conclusion of a decades long search, which is one of the most important events for the human experience and this thread keeps getting lost, while "Fit to Lick?" dominates the discussion for the night.

Quite disappointing and unfortunate indeed.
o choro é livre
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 05:56 GMT
#52
It's live!

CERN Webcast
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 05:57:07
July 04 2012 05:56 GMT
#53
Thanks for the link. Hopefully we'll get some nice details.
o choro é livre
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 05:59 GMT
#54
Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing about any deviations from predictions. From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be anything weird, but I'd like to hear it straight from them.

Also, I might do a Live Report, if I feel like it for anyone who misses the event.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
July 04 2012 06:01 GMT
#55
On July 04 2012 14:59 kingjames01 wrote:
Also, I might do a Live Report, if I feel like it for anyone who misses the event.


i'm off to work in 10min, would gladly follow that on my phone !
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 06:03 GMT
#56
Then okay! I'll do my best.

I might write down as much as can on paper and then type after so I don't fall behind.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 06:09 GMT
#57
So what I'll do is post the current time. From there, people can work out the general timeline.
I apologize that this initial post will use EST but that's what my clock shows.
After the event is done, I'll edit the OP with the LR so the information is all in one place.

The stream is showing various views of the auditorium filling up. Nothing of interest is happening yet. From time to time, the stream stops which I assume is due to the high volume of users.

It is now 2:09 am EST.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 06:12:38
July 04 2012 06:11 GMT
#58
Are they behind shcedule or is the timing normal? I'm starting to fall asleep but I don't want to miss the announcement.
o choro é livre
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 04 2012 06:14 GMT
#59
I can't actually tell if they're behind schedule. However, they don't seem ready at all. There are about 4 rows of 'Reserved' seats that have not been filled up at all. I assume that those seats are being filled by important people who are still tied up in a different room.

Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
July 04 2012 06:14 GMT
#60
It's already 1:15 here -__-...
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 115
-ZergGirl 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2084
sorry 40
Bale 28
910 16
yabsab 15
Icarus 8
NotJumperer 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox782
Other Games
summit1g8665
WinterStarcraft345
C9.Mang0279
Livibee157
Sick134
Maynarde124
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick810
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream177
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 11m
Stellar Fest
8h 11m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.