• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:50
CEST 15:50
KST 22:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8057 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 69 Next
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 07 2011 16:25 GMT
#301
I'm at work right now but I am gonna rock the shit outa this site!
Time to get fluent in spanish (studied for many years already).

TL-TheDougler Incoming!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
November 07 2011 16:25 GMT
#302
So I've learned 28 new words but it won't give me any new words, do I have to wait for the timer to expire and take the tests before it will give me new words?
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
Fuhrmaaj
Profile Joined January 2011
167 Posts
November 07 2011 16:29 GMT
#303
It's working. I got a tip from TL-qrs about gauche. Thanks!
Random player
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
November 07 2011 16:32 GMT
#304
On November 08 2011 01:25 AnodyneSea wrote:
So I've learned 28 new words but it won't give me any new words, do I have to wait for the timer to expire and take the tests before it will give me new words?

Go to your dashboard and then click "grow your garden" or "keep growing" or something like that. You can have as many words as you like.

Also if you click "water" your plants, but have few to no plants wilting, I think you'll be given new words too --- but I think that might be a bug.
May the BeSt man win.
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
November 07 2011 16:40 GMT
#305
On November 08 2011 01:32 Djabanete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 01:25 AnodyneSea wrote:
So I've learned 28 new words but it won't give me any new words, do I have to wait for the timer to expire and take the tests before it will give me new words?

Go to your dashboard and then click "grow your garden" or "keep growing" or something like that. You can have as many words as you like.

Also if you click "water" your plants, but have few to no plants wilting, I think you'll be given new words too --- but I think that might be a bug.


It won't let me, It just says "there are no seeds to be planted" I can water my current plants but it still doesnt give me new words.
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 16:50:25
November 07 2011 16:42 GMT
#306
I was doing the Japanese Kanji one, went well all day yesterday, but today it started asking for me to write in Kana. I guess I won't be able to continue

Edit: Clicked 'Ignore Kana'. I'm so smart, jesus christ.

Edit 2: After a while it started asking for Kana again i.i so sad
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
Paperplane
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands1823 Posts
November 07 2011 16:42 GMT
#307
On November 08 2011 01:40 AnodyneSea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 01:32 Djabanete wrote:
On November 08 2011 01:25 AnodyneSea wrote:
So I've learned 28 new words but it won't give me any new words, do I have to wait for the timer to expire and take the tests before it will give me new words?

Go to your dashboard and then click "grow your garden" or "keep growing" or something like that. You can have as many words as you like.

Also if you click "water" your plants, but have few to no plants wilting, I think you'll be given new words too --- but I think that might be a bug.


It won't let me, It just says "there are no seeds to be planted" I can water my current plants but it still doesnt give me new words.


Some lists are limited, I think you're learning French demo just like I was. You gotta go back to french and select another course. There's some with like 1000+ words
USK
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
173 Posts
November 07 2011 16:47 GMT
#308
well restarted my spanish after 3 years. Hopefully I the vocab will actually help me understand real conversations now. Planning to do either mandarin or korean depending on the language I decide to take for my major.

TL-USK (maybe the USK part was not capitalized I don't remember right now)
Call Me Mr. Roller Coaster...
LightTemplar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Ireland481 Posts
November 07 2011 16:50 GMT
#309
TL-LightTemplar on the path to learning dutch, thanks TL
"Thoughts are always there, the mind can't stop" - Grubby
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
November 07 2011 16:55 GMT
#310
On November 08 2011 01:42 Paperplane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 01:40 AnodyneSea wrote:
On November 08 2011 01:32 Djabanete wrote:
On November 08 2011 01:25 AnodyneSea wrote:
So I've learned 28 new words but it won't give me any new words, do I have to wait for the timer to expire and take the tests before it will give me new words?

Go to your dashboard and then click "grow your garden" or "keep growing" or something like that. You can have as many words as you like.

Also if you click "water" your plants, but have few to no plants wilting, I think you'll be given new words too --- but I think that might be a bug.


It won't let me, It just says "there are no seeds to be planted" I can water my current plants but it still doesnt give me new words.


Some lists are limited, I think you're learning French demo just like I was. You gotta go back to french and select another course. There's some with like 1000+ words


Thanks, yeah i was doing the demo.
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
Dujek
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom276 Posts
November 07 2011 17:01 GMT
#311
I'm studying French in school and this is a fun way to help =),

TL-Dujek just joined
NinjaAUS
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia133 Posts
November 07 2011 17:08 GMT
#312
I think TL may have crashed this site after it was spotlighted.
jurch
Profile Joined December 2009
Slovenia60 Posts
November 07 2011 17:11 GMT
#313
Yes, all i get is white screen... Finally learning German! ^^
GTo7_Panda
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany68 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 17:17:00
November 07 2011 17:12 GMT
#314
yep:/
Haha, I thought this would be a little thread with some people saying: Good find, nice, maybe gonna use it!
Now spotlight and the site crashed:D (Is this a reason to be happy? I like it that they have more users, but on the other side I WANT TO LEARN INDONESIAN RIGHT NOW DAMNIT!)

Edit: works again

Edit2: FOR THE SWARM!xD
Dujek
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom276 Posts
November 07 2011 17:12 GMT
#315
On November 08 2011 02:08 Stormstealth wrote:
I think TL may have crashed this site after it was spotlighted.


very possible,
JmCw
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany68 Posts
November 07 2011 17:13 GMT
#316
On November 08 2011 02:08 Stormstealth wrote:
I think TL may have crashed this site after it was spotlighted.


TL is just too powerful, im pretty sure the top 100 is going to be filled by TLers pretty soon ^_^
rotegirte
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany2859 Posts
November 07 2011 17:13 GMT
#317
On November 08 2011 02:08 Stormstealth wrote:
I think TL may have crashed this site after it was spotlighted.


Yep, down for me too
TheAngryZergling
Profile Joined January 2011
United States387 Posts
November 07 2011 17:14 GMT
#318
Yup. pretty sure the TL traffic flood brought it down.
Everything in life is most clearly explained through a Starcraft analogy.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 16:45:27
November 07 2011 17:15 GMT
#319
Just made an account but this definitely sounds interesting, will try it when I have time. TL-Nos (Mandarin Chinese)
Bronze player stuck in platinum
HappynessLand
Profile Joined November 2011
United States3 Posts
November 07 2011 17:19 GMT
#320
Memrise developer here (taking over for Greg),

Sorry about the downtime folks. It should be back up now!

I'll try to respond as best I can to your comments and criticisms.
It's like Oregon Trail
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 10m
The PondCast
20h 10m
INu's Battles
21h 10m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.