• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:49
CEST 10:49
KST 17:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8291 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 715

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 713 714 715 716 717 783 Next
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
November 17 2018 18:07 GMT
#14281
What kind of shirt style is this? Or even better, if someone knows the exact one on the picture.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-17 18:55:13
November 17 2018 18:54 GMT
#14282
Looks like a jersey to me (and to my gf, whose judgement I trust on all things clothes). Not that that narrows it down for you, but rather you were searching for it in entirely the wrong category.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
November 17 2018 20:01 GMT
#14283
--- Nuked ---
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
November 17 2018 20:29 GMT
#14284
@jimmyC

This one?
I wasn't able to find the full text so I don't know if that is quite what you're looking for.
passive quaranstream fan
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
November 17 2018 21:43 GMT
#14285
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
November 20 2018 03:05 GMT
#14286
Any Germans been to the US and get shocked by our water usage?

Also what's the deal with water at restaurants? Why would I get the stank eye asking for some tap water while I decide what drink and food I want?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
November 20 2018 07:10 GMT
#14287
Restaurants in the US or in Germany?
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-20 07:25:11
November 20 2018 07:24 GMT
#14288
On November 20 2018 16:10 Paljas wrote:
Restaurants in the US or in Germany?

In Germany (at least this is what I've been lead to believe)
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-20 07:56:28
November 20 2018 07:48 GMT
#14289
On November 20 2018 12:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Any Germans been to the US and get shocked by our water usage?

Also what's the deal with water at restaurants? Why would I get the stank eye asking for some tap water while I decide what drink and food I want?

They can charge you for bottled water -- iirc you have to specifically ask for tap water (which, by law, they have to provide), otherwise they'll give you the most expensive bottle of sparkling water they have. You might still get charged for a glass of tap water but it's still a helluva lot cheaper than bottled water. Happened to me and my friends quite a bit before we caught on.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-20 08:12:21
November 20 2018 08:12 GMT
#14290
On November 20 2018 12:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Any Germans been to the US and get shocked by our water usage?

Also what's the deal with water at restaurants? Why would I get the stank eye asking for some tap water while I decide what drink and food I want?


Because they think that if they give everyone the stank eye then eventually people's fear of being 'one of those people' will make them buy a $5 bottle of water instead.
RIP Meatloaf <3
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-20 08:30:07
November 20 2018 08:28 GMT
#14291
Happens in the US too. Order tap water and you either get the stank eye from your date or the waiter because they think you're 'one of those people' aka cheap peasant who can't even afford a soda.
+ Show Spoiler +
Water is the only thing worth drinking anyway *shrug
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-20 09:09:18
November 20 2018 09:04 GMT
#14292
On November 20 2018 17:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2018 12:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Any Germans been to the US and get shocked by our water usage?

Also what's the deal with water at restaurants? Why would I get the stank eye asking for some tap water while I decide what drink and food I want?


Because they think that if they give everyone the stank eye then eventually people's fear of being 'one of those people' will make them buy a $5 bottle of water instead.

YEP!

Restaurants sometimes do charge for tap water.
Understandably so, I recon, if it's the only thing you're ordering. But as part of coffee or a meal it's preposterous.
passive quaranstream fan
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7421 Posts
November 20 2018 10:30 GMT
#14293
On November 20 2018 16:48 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2018 12:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Any Germans been to the US and get shocked by our water usage?

Also what's the deal with water at restaurants? Why would I get the stank eye asking for some tap water while I decide what drink and food I want?

They can charge you for bottled water -- iirc you have to specifically ask for tap water (which, by law, they have to provide), otherwise they'll give you the most expensive bottle of sparkling water they have. You might still get charged for a glass of tap water but it's still a helluva lot cheaper than bottled water. Happened to me and my friends quite a bit before we caught on.


In Germany there is no law like that. Expect to pay for tap water in restaurants and be pleasantly surprised if it's not on the bill (i've seen both cases here)
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
November 20 2018 22:46 GMT
#14294
It is being discussed to become one however. I do not remember the specific whether it is solely Germany, or coming from Europe.
I was also surprised by it when moving here (Germany). Back in France if you ask for water, then you get tap water by default. You solely get a bottle, and if you do, you can frown to the waiter and get your tap water.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7421 Posts
November 21 2018 09:23 GMT
#14295
Having just read the drunk power rank:

Is it true that alcohol in scandinavia is so expensive because drunk ppl are more inclined to suicide in winter?
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28905 Posts
November 22 2018 16:28 GMT
#14296
no. maybe there's some truth to it in finland cuz they're a bunch of depressed alcoholics ( ; ) ), but they're not even part of scandinavia.

alcohol is so expensive because our governments (especially norway) have no qualms about using taxation as a method of influencing behavior, and excessive alcohol consumption comes with a whole lot of negative societal side effects that they want to discourage.

I actually looked it up, and in Norway, May is the month where most people commit suicides. May in Norway is also the happiest month with the most celebrations and public holidays, one where spring starts kicking in. This actually seems more influential, and in line with thoughts I've had in the past; happiness or depression isn't based around 'objective' measures of happiness, but about relative ones. If you're depressed, autumn/winter might feel better in Norway because during this period, everybody seems kinda depressed, and spending your days as a social recluse at home is totally acceptable, as the weather is pretty damn shitty. In May and the other summer months, you're expected to be social, there are lots of parties, people are outgoing. At this point, your own unhappiness seems much more abnormal, not having friends or being invited to social gatherings ends up being more depressing, and there ends up being a slight uptick in suicide rates.

I mean, we're looking at ~50 vs ~43 for may vs rest of the months on average for the past 15 years, so it's not a huge difference, but it's notable. June and July have much lower numbers; also makes sense; if there's summer break, then you don't have to interact with people who won't 'remind you of how unhappy you are'.

also the addendum that people don't actually know what causes the monthly discrepancies, these are just hypotheses, but either way, in Norway, rates are lower for winter than for spring.
Moderator
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
November 22 2018 19:59 GMT
#14297
On November 23 2018 01:28 Liquid`Drone wrote:
I actually looked it up, and in Norway, May is the month where most people commit suicides. May in Norway is also the happiest month with the most celebrations and public holidays, one where spring starts kicking in. This actually seems more influential, and in line with thoughts I've had in the past; happiness or depression isn't based around 'objective' measures of happiness, but about relative ones. If you're depressed, autumn/winter might feel better in Norway because during this period, everybody seems kinda depressed, and spending your days as a social recluse at home is totally acceptable, as the weather is pretty damn shitty. In May and the other summer months, you're expected to be social, there are lots of parties, people are outgoing. At this point, your own unhappiness seems much more abnormal, not having friends or being invited to social gatherings ends up being more depressing, and there ends up being a slight uptick in suicide rates.


I remember reading something like this about poverty too. Like conditions that seem unbearable to affluent people are easier to bear if everyone around you is in the same state.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
November 22 2018 21:00 GMT
#14298
I'm pretty concerned about internet privacy and take steps to ensure my online habits are hard to track. This has worked so far for basic stuff like googling my real name. Still, I have the suspicion that if a powerful entity (google/government agencies etc) or 1337 h4x0r truly wanted to, they could find out basically everything about me.

I use a (paid) VPN 80% of the time, I use ghostery and ublock extensions in my browser, I have a fake name facebook that I hardly use except for event planning, and I have no other social media profiles.

However, I do have a google account tied to my real name and I don't use a VPN on my smart phone.

Are all of these efforts for naught, or would it be sufficiently difficult for someone to bring up everything I do on the internet with minimal skilled effort?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
November 22 2018 23:12 GMT
#14299
Stupidest question of the day:

Do inanimate objects cool the same way living things do? What I mean is, I have always found it odd that if you point a fan at a surface in your house, that surface cools off. How does this happen? Does the fan evaporate whatever small amount of moisture is on the surface, reducing the temperature? If you were to take two of the same vehicles and have one sit in the sun idling and drive the other one (assuming both cars produced the same amount of heat whether at rest or moving), will the driven car be cooled by the wind passing over it? If so, how? I know this is asinine, but it's been on my mind more than once lol.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
November 22 2018 23:33 GMT
#14300
On November 23 2018 08:12 Ayaz2810 wrote:
Stupidest question of the day:

Do inanimate objects cool the same way living things do? What I mean is, I have always found it odd that if you point a fan at a surface in your house, that surface cools off. How does this happen? Does the fan evaporate whatever small amount of moisture is on the surface, reducing the temperature? If you were to take two of the same vehicles and have one sit in the sun idling and drive the other one (assuming both cars produced the same amount of heat whether at rest or moving), will the driven car be cooled by the wind passing over it? If so, how? I know this is asinine, but it's been on my mind more than once lol.


Having done zero research on this my intuition is that the fan increases air speed around an object, which means more atoms of air are hitting the object, which transfers energy (heat) from the object to the air around it. The collision of air particles with object particles causes the object particles to lose energy.

This might not be the answer, I'm guessing.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Prev 1 713 714 715 716 717 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1187
GuemChi 637
Hyun 543
firebathero 373
BeSt 321
Leta 292
Soma 191
Mong 155
Shine 97
PianO 65
[ Show more ]
sSak 48
910 48
Hyuk 46
yabsab 30
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Hm[arnc] 22
ZergMaN 21
Shinee 18
Noble 14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss835
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King349
Other Games
summit1g8582
gofns5025
olofmeister1273
ceh9634
JimRising 439
KnowMe127
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick457
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos626
• Stunt423
Other Games
• Shiphtur447
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 11m
Patches Events
7h 11m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.