• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:27
CEST 17:27
KST 00:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7914 users

Beer Appreciation Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 32 Next All
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
April 26 2011 15:22 GMT
#121
On April 26 2011 10:30 SpiritAshura wrote:
[image loading]
mmmm.


Love dogfish head. Midas touch is so good t_t
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
April 26 2011 15:34 GMT
#122
I drink alot of different brands and so on

I usually drink:

Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Gösser Dark Beer
Fullers London Porter
Duvel
Erdinger Weissbier Dunkel
and the list goes on...

These are all really really great beers, try them if you like!

Some beers I really cant take though is the IPAs.. its mainly the aftertaste, its way to bitter for my liking. I also dislike Innis and Gunn alot, I almost puked when I drank it, its not beer for me!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
April 26 2011 19:00 GMT
#123
On April 26 2011 18:03 deSmalle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 11:02 jmbthirteen wrote:
Did Ohio get Yuengling yet? I know there was talk about Yuengling expanding to Ohio as well.

Also forgot to add this great beer earlier.
[image loading]


How did you get across this one?
Thought it to be one of Belgian's best kept secrets (and one of our finest).



My brother gave me one. I believe his girlfriend's father actually introduced it to him. Its on the expensive side though so I don't have it often. It is a really great beer though.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
April 26 2011 20:56 GMT
#124
On April 27 2011 00:34 Deekin[ wrote:
I drink alot of different brands and so on

I usually drink:

Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Gösser Dark Beer
Fullers London Porter
Duvel
Erdinger Weissbier Dunkel
and the list goes on...

These are all really really great beers, try them if you like!

Some beers I really cant take though is the IPAs.. its mainly the aftertaste, its way to bitter for my liking. I also dislike Innis and Gunn alot, I almost puked when I drank it, its not beer for me!


Adams' Boston Lager is definitely ridiculously good for it's price! I recommend everyone gives it a try if they enjoy lagers!

;p

Pity you don't like IPAs, though! They're may favorites! I'm sipping a Stone Levitation right now!
Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
April 28 2011 18:08 GMT
#125
On April 27 2011 05:56 Riku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 00:34 Deekin[ wrote:
I drink alot of different brands and so on

I usually drink:

Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Gösser Dark Beer
Fullers London Porter
Duvel
Erdinger Weissbier Dunkel
and the list goes on...

These are all really really great beers, try them if you like!

Some beers I really cant take though is the IPAs.. its mainly the aftertaste, its way to bitter for my liking. I also dislike Innis and Gunn alot, I almost puked when I drank it, its not beer for me!


Adams' Boston Lager is definitely ridiculously good for it's price! I recommend everyone gives it a try if they enjoy lagers!

;p

Pity you don't like IPAs, though! They're may favorites! I'm sipping a Stone Levitation right now!


I dont know man, I really cant take a to bitter aftertaste, and thats what IPAs are pretty famous for !!

But damn I got real thirsty for some cold beer now!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
April 28 2011 18:44 GMT
#126
Recently got to try some Darkstar Expresso and Darkstar Sunburst. The Expresso reminded me a bit of a toned down, watered down Imperial Stout. The Sunburst was pretty much what it sounds like, light mouth feel, fruity, kinda fizzy, mildly bitter at the end. Really hits the spot on a warm day.

Most stuff from Fullers and Adnams (not US Adams!) is enjoyable for the price as well. US craft beers are far too expensive to enjoy regularly on a student budget, but hey graduating this summer so probably going to celebrate with a Yeti Imperial Stout or/and a Stone's Arrogant Bastard.

IntenseZ
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium40 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:05:42
April 28 2011 19:01 GMT
#127
I'm from Belgium and drink a lot of Belgian beer, but this one I really recommend it too anybody ...
LEFFE 9°

[image loading]

It tastes pretty smooth but you really feel the 9°
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
April 28 2011 19:16 GMT
#128
Also for you Americans, you have some great beers!

This is one of my favorites:

[image loading]

Very hoppy beer, the way I like it :-)
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 28 2011 19:45 GMT
#129
I am going to be enjoying some Keith's tonight.

Starting right around now.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
evoli
Profile Joined May 2010
United States333 Posts
April 28 2011 22:37 GMT
#130
I must say, I find that few things more enjoyable than sitting down with good friends and enjoying a beer or two.

I'm a craft brew fanatic and I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country where breweries are plentiful. I think in my small county there has to be a five or six different breweries? Mmm. Good shit.
General Manager for EG // twitter.com/gosutrolling
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
April 28 2011 22:46 GMT
#131
On April 29 2011 07:37 evoli wrote:
I must say, I find that few things more enjoyable than sitting down with good friends and enjoying a beer or two.

I'm a craft brew fanatic and I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country where breweries are plentiful. I think in my small county there has to be a five or six different breweries? Mmm. Good shit.


That's awesome! There are only 5 breweries in my entire state (connecticut) though granted most of them make some pretty damn good stuff.

I've been trying to make a point to try different beer every time. Lately been on an IPA kick, but during the winter was drinking as many stouts as I could get my hands on.

I'm really glad that craft beer is becoming more popular in the US. Still, sometimes a lite american pils really hits the spot on a hot summer day.

Probably my favorite brewery at the moment is NY's Southern Tier. Everything i've had from them has been really solid and also very reasonably priced

LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Belano
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden657 Posts
May 04 2011 19:35 GMT
#132
I am currently enjoying a bottle of Baron Trenck. Tasty stuff.

[image loading]
Bring back 1 supply roaches.
MichaelEU
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands816 Posts
May 04 2011 19:47 GMT
#133
The only decent Dutch beer I've had so far is Amstel, but Dutch beer in general is too sharp and bitter imo. I love Palm, it's rich and sweet (and cheap harrrharrr). Any other beers you guys would recommend me?
世界を革命する力を!― znf: "Michael-oniichan ( *^▽^*)ノ✩キラ✩"
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
May 04 2011 19:52 GMT
#134
I personally love me some lagers!

Yeungling is my fave cheap beer.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 20:00:07
May 04 2011 19:55 GMT
#135
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
I know it's mentioned in the OP, but this is the Extra Stout version that is brewed in Canada, I suppose for easier NA export and probably because Canada can be a very favorable place to manufacture (because of healthcare, as opposed to the US).


Been having 2 of these or one of the bigger 22oz bottles pretty much every night. The lower Alcohol content is nice (can 2 drink with dinner and almost no inebriation), and that huge flavor is just soooo addictive! I'm afraid I may never like another beer again

edit (response):
+ Show Spoiler +

Grettin you have really good taste in beer!
On April 26 2011 05:56 Grettin wrote:
[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]

Some of my favorites.


Singha and Red Stripe are so overlooked. Singha is easily like the most perfect tasting lager I've ever had.

CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 20:01:16
May 04 2011 19:59 GMT
#136
One of the best beers i have ever tasted, really different than the usual wheat beers i've been drinking before. Though, with 9€ price, it should be pretty good, but imo its really worth it. This is from Norway and name Nøgne Ø Imperial IPA (#500). I suggest to anyone who enjoys good beer!

[image loading]
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
May 04 2011 20:10 GMT
#137
Czech beer is great, my brother imports it quite often.

As for other beers, I really like "Salitos, Tequila". That's a great one.
dakalro
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania525 Posts
May 04 2011 20:19 GMT
#138
On April 26 2011 08:21 Brees wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 07:31 Greggle wrote:
On April 26 2011 07:09 Brees wrote:
On April 26 2011 06:54 s4life wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:19 Torte de Lini wrote:
Can someone explain to me what there is to appreciate when drinking beer? I don't drink beer at all, whenever I do, it tastes terrible, like really bad cough syrup.

I'm not asking with the intent of putting down beer (If I did, I'd be severely outnumbered), what I mean to ask is when I drink beer or try it, what kind of taste am I to expect? I don't like drinking to get drunk, I like drinking for the taste and potential feeling. However, I can only have maybe a glass before my mouth feels bland and maybe I'm just expecting beer the wrong way.

I drink a lot of soda and I love the strong taste and sugary feeling, will I just not like beer or should I just keep drinking until I eventually get comfortable with it. There are so many beers, so I don't even know which one to settle with (I don't even know that much about beers). Someone told me it's an acquired taste, so maybe that's it. I'm not a white wine guy nor heavy alcohol, I like red deep wine with a strong taste.

Thanks!

P.S: If it's any help, I'm in Canada, so suggest beers in Quebec/Canada.

Edit: If my post comes off condescending or poorly worded, please let me know and I'll fix it. I was trying to give an accurate portrayal of what I don't like and how it makes me feel to maybe give you guys a clue to tell me if this normal at the beginning or something that just outright tells me I'm not a beer guy


Not all beers taste the same. Since you like sugary drinks -- I absolutely loathe sodas of any kind, I really don't understand how people can pour a glass of carbonated water with 20 spoons of sugar down their throats.. really disgusting -- it's probably safe to say you won't find normal laggers to fit your taste.. though you might want to try a smooth orangy heffe, like a weihenstephaner and see if you like it.


some one should probably tell you that your pouring molding bacteria down your throat when you drink beer then


Do you happen to eat cheese or yogurt?


yes i have no problem with it myself, I was just demonstrating that a lot of foods (even beer as demonstrated) is just as disgusting if you think about it as soda is. My point was less that beer is disgusting and shouldn't be consumed but more to show the pointlessness of pointing out such things.


As an idea, I've been on a visit to a soda factory once. The best thing there were these ~1m^3 (around 9 cubic feet I think) plastic cubes/vats with a skull on them and "corrosive" underneath. That is baby soda.
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
May 04 2011 20:19 GMT
#139
On April 26 2011 05:53 ZeaL. wrote:
Franziskaner: Really good wheatbeer, wheat+yeast and a lot of floral notes.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



As a German and big wheat beer (Weizenbier) drinker I agree. This is the best of the most common wheat beers and if you can find it in the USA it's definitely worth a try!
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
May 05 2011 02:37 GMT
#140
On April 29 2011 04:01 IntenseZ wrote:
I'm from Belgium and drink a lot of Belgian beer, but this one I really recommend it too anybody ...
LEFFE 9°

[image loading]

It tastes pretty smooth but you really feel the 9°

I've only had the blonde so far. [image loading]
But it's one of my favorites. I'm not a bit fan of the white but next time i'll def try the 9.
ESV Mapmaking Team
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM417
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 417
Reynor 246
ByuN 201
TKL 163
Railgan 75
Codebar 56
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58231
Bisu 2934
Calm 1561
FanTaSy 1016
Stork 815
Rush 426
hero 386
firebathero 185
Snow 124
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 69
Mind 65
actioN 55
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Pusan 35
Bale 27
Mong 23
Sexy 23
soO 23
Rock 20
Aegong 20
Terrorterran 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 11
Sacsri 10
Shine 9
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8694
Dendi1091
Counter-Strike
fl0m4693
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo731
Beastyqt584
olofmeister529
Mlord460
Khaldor410
KnowMe327
Hui .212
crisheroes181
Chillindude63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV265
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV598
League of Legends
• Nemesis3080
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1725
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 33m
OSC
7h 33m
Replay Cast
7h 33m
OSC
20h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.