• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:25
CEST 21:25
KST 04:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9391 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 186

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 184 185 186 187 188 244 Next
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
July 16 2012 14:58 GMT
#3701
On July 16 2012 21:26 Sylverin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2012 20:53 NeoxInfinite wrote:
On July 13 2012 08:30 JSH wrote:
On July 13 2012 08:26 NeoxInfinite wrote:
How long does these last on a use of hours on a daily basis?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-FX34-BE-Marshmallow-Headphones-Black/dp/B0019CAVY8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341966051&sr=1-1&tag=tealiq-21

My first pair broke in about a year?

I bought another pair, and they have been good for 2 years now


How does your 2nd pair last for 1+ year longer? Did you do something to break the first?

LAST QUESTION : ! Does the slightly more expensive ones last longer? Or is it just same length of lasting but just better noise isolation?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I found new ones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP-630-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009G6FQI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342185554&sr=1-1

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HAFX1X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones/dp/B004S7Q8CA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Are these much better? It got many more good reviews and do they last longer? They seem more trustable than the other marshmallows I linked

and as said daily use of like 7 hours +

I need to find something which blocks like speakers music. I think these 2 I linked are going to be the ones which I decide!


I use the marshmellows and they are really comfy for being so cheap they seem like good quality and for like 20$(us) even if it only lasts a year (which mine are 4 months in and not showing any wear or tear) who cares? its really good for the price :D


I have pm'd you but if you have any better suggestions please msg me
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 16 2012 17:13 GMT
#3702
On July 16 2012 23:12 Niarro wrote:
So I've got a pair of Sony's MDR-V6's. They're already like sex for my ears, but I was curious to find out if I'd be getting more out of them if I were to buy a little amp to use with my ipod, lol X3 (ie, is it worth investing in an amp?)

It depends on the model of iPod as to the type of change that would be evidenced, but most likely for any model it would be pretty small or maybe not even audible, so it's probably not worth your time and money.
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
July 16 2012 23:50 GMT
#3703
I have like a gamecom 367 and the sound isolation is TERRIBLE lol
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
NeoxInfinite
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom13 Posts
July 17 2012 22:03 GMT
#3704
I still not sure on the JVC marshmallow isolation
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
July 19 2012 02:09 GMT
#3705
Can anyone recommend the best possible deal under 600$ for an amp + dac with regards to some H650s?

I feel like I hear alot about some good relatively cheap amps like the m-stage, but when people talk about the dacs they mention things like the HRT music streamer II which add coloration to the sound?
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
logistics2
Profile Joined June 2012
United States6 Posts
July 19 2012 02:17 GMT
#3706
Still rocking the Sennheiser HD 212Pro headphones for the past decade. Recently found replacement earpads for them and they once again fit like a glove.
http://stores.eBay.com/OrionsLine
NeoxInfinite
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom13 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 17:25:04
July 19 2012 17:24 GMT
#3707
I'm going to attempt murder soon

lol
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-20 01:26:06
July 20 2012 01:25 GMT
#3708
my Skullcandy 50/50 just broke this morning ..

The things i liked about these earphones are the emphasis on the bass and the sound cancellation it provided
however these things are 50 dollars and it comes with a mic and some buttons which i dont really care.
Are there headphones/earphones that are cheaper that would appeal to me?
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
July 20 2012 01:54 GMT
#3709
On July 20 2012 10:25 Kenpachi wrote:
my Skullcandy 50/50 just broke this morning ..

The things i liked about these earphones are the emphasis on the bass and the sound cancellation it provided
however these things are 50 dollars and it comes with a mic and some buttons which i dont really care.
Are there headphones/earphones that are cheaper that would appeal to me?

Meelec M9 or M6 dude. I always recommend these to people who are just entering the headphones/IEMs market.
These have excellent bass (good extension too) and sparkly treble, decent noise isolation. The M9 has pretty standard housings, and can be worn over the ear or straight down. M6 is worn over the ear (pretty comfortable fit, and very very little cable noise). Both come all the essential accessories - carrying case, cable cinch and shirt clip, a number of different sized tips.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 20 2012 01:56 GMT
#3710
"Excellent bass" may be going a bit far, at least from what I remember of the M9. Those are probably decent choices though.

I'm sure there's something else that's better but more expensive (still under $50), like maybe VSonic GR02 Bass Edition? I don't know much about IEMs, and I've not tried those.
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
July 20 2012 02:10 GMT
#3711
On July 20 2012 10:56 Myrmidon wrote:
"Excellent bass" may be going a bit far, at least from what I remember of the M9. Those are probably decent choices though.

I'm sure there's something else that's better but more expensive (still under $50), like maybe VSonic GR02 Bass Edition? I don't know much about IEMs, and I've not tried those.

Ah.. well, I meant for their price ($15)
Rwatkins
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United Kingdom61 Posts
July 21 2012 22:34 GMT
#3712
Hey guys, I figured this would be the best place to ask for a good headset for gaming, listening to music and also for a very clear microphone that can be used on a stream, can you give me something for under £100? I figured Siberia v2's might be good but I hear the microphone tends to degrade in quality as time goes on (my brother's headset did this). I also need something comfortable and if possible, closed so I can't hear anything else going on my house and can just concentrate on playing. Thanks <3
Lover of basketball, golf, football and bodybuilding. Life is about the stories you can tell when your older. Carpe diem.
NeoxInfinite
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom13 Posts
July 24 2012 10:50 GMT
#3713
On July 13 2012 20:53 NeoxInfinite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2012 08:30 JSH wrote:
On July 13 2012 08:26 NeoxInfinite wrote:
How long does these last on a use of hours on a daily basis?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-FX34-BE-Marshmallow-Headphones-Black/dp/B0019CAVY8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341966051&sr=1-1&tag=tealiq-21

My first pair broke in about a year?

I bought another pair, and they have been good for 2 years now


How does your 2nd pair last for 1+ year longer? Did you do something to break the first?

LAST QUESTION : ! Does the slightly more expensive ones last longer? Or is it just same length of lasting but just better noise isolation?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I found new ones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP-630-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009G6FQI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342185554&sr=1-1

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HAFX1X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones/dp/B004S7Q8CA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Are these much better? It got many more good reviews and do they last longer? They seem more trustable than the other marshmallows I linked

and as said daily use of like 7 hours +

I need to find something which blocks like speakers music. I think these 2 I linked are going to be the ones which I decide!



Anymore reviews on this?
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
July 24 2012 23:42 GMT
#3714
Get this instead:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Xtreme-Xplosives-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00773S6XG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343173164&sr=1-2

I'm assuming you wanted a bass oriented headphone?
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
nimbus99
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada194 Posts
August 01 2012 17:59 GMT
#3715
Hey there guys. I am looking to get some entry level headphones. I hear that audio-technica is really good. I originally wanted to buy this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.234280400

but my coworker told me i could get way beter audio technica headphones for a similar price : http://www.tomleemusic.ca/main/recording.cfm?details=1&id=161&inv=90909

I am not amping the headphones, I want lots of bass for gaming. Having closed back/open back doesnt matter to me. Something comfy that looks nice to wear out. THANKS!
Hail to the Emperor of Terran
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
August 01 2012 18:59 GMT
#3716
On August 02 2012 02:59 nimbus99 wrote:
Hey there guys. I am looking to get some entry level headphones. I hear that audio-technica is really good. I originally wanted to buy this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.234280400

but my coworker told me i could get way beter audio technica headphones for a similar price : http://www.tomleemusic.ca/main/recording.cfm?details=1&id=161&inv=90909

I am not amping the headphones, I want lots of bass for gaming. Having closed back/open back doesnt matter to me. Something comfy that looks nice to wear out. THANKS!

If you're going out, closed/open will matter. If your budget allows for it, check out the ATH-M50. Some people in this thread seem to think its over rated but i think it still has some solid value imo at ~110 CAD.
© Current year.
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
August 01 2012 19:15 GMT
#3717
On August 02 2012 03:59 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 02:59 nimbus99 wrote:
Hey there guys. I am looking to get some entry level headphones. I hear that audio-technica is really good. I originally wanted to buy this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.234280400

but my coworker told me i could get way beter audio technica headphones for a similar price : http://www.tomleemusic.ca/main/recording.cfm?details=1&id=161&inv=90909

I am not amping the headphones, I want lots of bass for gaming. Having closed back/open back doesnt matter to me. Something comfy that looks nice to wear out. THANKS!

If you're going out, closed/open will matter. If your budget allows for it, check out the ATH-M50. Some people in this thread seem to think its over rated but i think it still has some solid value imo at ~110 CAD.


Agreed. The price different between the two models are insignificant and I would rather recommend the popular and proven ATH-M50 over its cheaper alternative. The M50 is often over rated for its sound quality based on the excess of bass it provides however if you are looking for bass then it shouldn't be a problem.

However I find the ATH-M50 extremely uncomfortable after long periods of use 1h+ as the clamping is very tight. Then again its extremely good value at this price range and you will rarely find better.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
August 01 2012 20:51 GMT
#3718
try putting the headphones between a kleenex box or something similar to see if it will loosen the headband
© Current year.
nimbus99
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada194 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-02 05:44:51
August 02 2012 05:42 GMT
#3719
On August 02 2012 04:15 essencez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 03:59 CorsairHero wrote:
On August 02 2012 02:59 nimbus99 wrote:
Hey there guys. I am looking to get some entry level headphones. I hear that audio-technica is really good. I originally wanted to buy this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.234280400

but my coworker told me i could get way beter audio technica headphones for a similar price : http://www.tomleemusic.ca/main/recording.cfm?details=1&id=161&inv=90909

I am not amping the headphones, I want lots of bass for gaming. Having closed back/open back doesnt matter to me. Something comfy that looks nice to wear out. THANKS!

If you're going out, closed/open will matter. If your budget allows for it, check out the ATH-M50. Some people in this thread seem to think its over rated but i think it still has some solid value imo at ~110 CAD.


Agreed. The price different between the two models are insignificant and I would rather recommend the popular and proven ATH-M50 over its cheaper alternative. The M50 is often over rated for its sound quality based on the excess of bass it provides however if you are looking for bass then it shouldn't be a problem.

However I find the ATH-M50 extremely uncomfortable after long periods of use 1h+ as the clamping is very tight. Then again its extremely good value at this price range and you will rarely find better.


Thanks guys, going to write these model numbers down and head to a headphone store tomorrow. The store has tons of headphones on demo, hopefully they are there

EDIT: I am still curious about the Razer Electras... If somone owns a pair or has heard them, plz do tell how good they sound. let me know if they drop the bass.
Hail to the Emperor of Terran
Mosquitow
Profile Joined September 2011
England510 Posts
August 04 2012 12:18 GMT
#3720
Hi guys, I have never had any decent pair of headphones before and was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for something within the 100-150€ price range. I'm mainly lsitening to jazz/folk/reggae/psych rock.
Any suggestions?
Prev 1 184 185 186 187 188 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 194
ProTech147
JuggernautJason49
CosmosSc2 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 739
White-Ra 156
Dewaltoss 109
Hyuk 101
firebathero 70
Trap 46
Sacsri 22
Rock 16
Bale 16
Dota 2
Gorgc8427
qojqva1371
Counter-Strike
fl0m1505
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3557
Khaldor1169
crisheroes1095
Liquid`Hasu539
Other Games
summit1g5350
FrodaN1699
XBOCT285
ArmadaUGS172
C9.Mang0169
QueenE75
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• StrangeGG 70
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie938
• Shiphtur318
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 35m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 35m
Online Event
15h 35m
FEL
20h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.