• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:44
CEST 04:44
KST 11:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7420 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 142

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 244 Next
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 06 2012 02:00 GMT
#2821
Anyone have opinions on these earphones?
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004VM2HCC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Trying to get something relatively cheap that I can use for commutes and at the gym
Official Entusman #21
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 02:21:55
February 06 2012 02:21 GMT
#2822
Those are just Sennheiser CX-300 with a mic, get it if you really need a mic otherwise ditch the mic and save $30. Gym and headphones don't go well together you'll probably replacing them every few months.

On February 05 2012 07:39 Djzapz wrote:
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some help to diagnose these problems. Here's my setup.
Computer (Auzentech Bravura sound card) -> Fiio D3 (cheap dac) -> Schiit Asgard (amp) -> HD650.

I'll throw in details to maybe help "diagnosis"...

1- There is a distinct "hiss" coming from the headphones when the amp's volume knob is above half, but this only happens with some sources. It doesn't happen with my phone, for instance, but it does happen with my computer.
-> The hiss happens with: Auzentech Bravura (from 3.5mm jack and spdif), a VCR (yeah don't ask), Xbox 360 (with cheap Chinese cable I got for $3 on Ebay)
-> The hiss does NOT happen with: My phone, an iPod, Xbox 360 (with stock cable)

2- When I'm connected through my Auzentech Bravura's SPDIF (coax), turning on and off my desk *LAMP* causes a "click" or a "pop" in my headphones. A similar phenomenon happens when I connect the Bravura to my home surround system - but instead of producing noise, the sound stops for a second and comes back when I turn the lamp on or off. This absolutely doesn't happen whatsoever unless I'm hooked to SPDIF. So, I have no clue what kind of interference is happening with the lamp - I tried plugging it on another outlet, another powerbar, on my UPS, etc...

I'm thinking about trying out another sound card, but I'm afraid it might do the same thing? For all I know, it's not the sound card that's the problem - on the other hand, it's been giving me trouble for a while...

What do you guys think? Thanks

Edit: Seriously, I've been asking around and nobody knows. I've never seen anything like this x_x


1. The output valves is completely different from your phone compared to your comp. Try playing the same song with both your phone/ipod and your comp and volume adjust them so their similar. If the noise is still there on both sources its either your cable or the amp if its not then its your sources.

2. Try testing it with your motherboard's spdif output.



essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 06 2012 02:32 GMT
#2823
I don't need a mic but it's on sale for $40 as opposed to the other model you mentioned. Is it decent quality for the money?

Yeah I agree gym and headphones don't go well together. I've yanked them out quite a few times doing front squats or cleans..
Official Entusman #21
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
February 06 2012 02:39 GMT
#2824
On February 06 2012 11:21 essencez wrote:

1. The output valves is completely different from your phone compared to your comp. Try playing the same song with both your phone/ipod and your comp and volume adjust them so their similar. If the noise is still there on both sources its either your cable or the amp if its not then its your sources.

2. Try testing it with your motherboard's spdif output.

1- Well the hum is mostly audible when there's no sound at all. When I play a song, it'll be in the background if I increase the volume. It happens with multiple sources, but I can't figure out why. I don't want to go buy another sound card and figure out that the problem is due to something else, or interference that'll affect the new sound card anyway.

2- For some reason, my motherboard's coax doesn't work at all. I tried optical, and there's no problem with the lamp. (But it behaves weirdly - there's a big "lag" when I change the volume in windows, it takes like 2 seconds to do anything - long enough to bother me, it should be instant...)

Lots of weird stuff going on.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 02:57:44
February 06 2012 02:53 GMT
#2825
I use Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones. They're around $35 to $50 and are really good in my opinion.

[image loading]
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
February 06 2012 03:17 GMT
#2826
On February 06 2012 11:32 infinity21 wrote:
I don't need a mic but it's on sale for $40 as opposed to the other model you mentioned. Is it decent quality for the money?

Yeah I agree gym and headphones don't go well together. I've yanked them out quite a few times doing front squats or cleans..


They use the same drivers and basically will sound exactly the same except one is without the mic. You used to be able get them for $20 shipped worldwide from mymemory.

On February 06 2012 11:39 Djzapz wrote:
1- Well the hum is mostly audible when there's no sound at all. When I play a song, it'll be in the background if I increase the volume. It happens with multiple sources, but I can't figure out why. I don't want to go buy another sound card and figure out that the problem is due to something else, or interference that'll affect the new sound card anyway.

2- For some reason, my motherboard's coax doesn't work at all. I tried optical, and there's no problem with the lamp. (But it behaves weirdly - there's a big "lag" when I change the volume in windows, it takes like 2 seconds to do anything - long enough to bother me, it should be instant...)

Lots of weird stuff going on.


1. After adjusting the volumes of the sources to be roughly similar check if theres is a hum and repeat with all sources unplugged. All electonics will have a hum, high fi gear just try to minimize it as much as possible. And in the end just how sensitive is your headphones/speakers to the hum.

2. Weird. Shouldn't be a problem though as digital volume is best set at max and just adjust volume on your amp.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
February 06 2012 08:42 GMT
#2827
On February 02 2012 14:37 Djzapz wrote:
Loving my new toy
[image loading]
[image loading]

how is the setup?

Thinking of getting the Asgard and the Hifiman he-300 using the Audinst hud-mx1 as the dac
© Current year.
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
February 06 2012 08:59 GMT
#2828
On February 06 2012 11:32 infinity21 wrote:
I don't need a mic but it's on sale for $40 as opposed to the other model you mentioned. Is it decent quality for the money?

Yeah I agree gym and headphones don't go well together. I've yanked them out quite a few times doing front squats or cleans..

I have the CX300 and... it's not that great for the $30 I paid. The bass is SUPER bloated, and a lot of the mids are drowned out.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 06 2012 10:27 GMT
#2829
On January 05 2012 19:56 seiferoth10 wrote:
Anyone recognize the cans? I think some kind of AKGs.
+ Show Spoiler +

Pretty big pictures:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

And just in case anyone cares:
Girl 1: T-ara's Hyomin
Girl 2: T-ara's Eunjung


Denons, part of their DJ series. If ur thinking of buying them, don't. They won't be comfortable for extended listening.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/denon-dn-hp1000-professional-dj-headphones
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
February 06 2012 16:14 GMT
#2830
On February 06 2012 17:42 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 14:37 Djzapz wrote:
Loving my new toy
[image loading]
[image loading]

how is the setup?

Thinking of getting the Asgard and the Hifiman he-300 using the Audinst hud-mx1 as the dac

The setup is great, music has never been so awesome. Unfortunately, it has a few glitches because of my computer's sound card and/or my cheapo DAC. Great results out of my phone and other decent media readers though. The amp and headphones work perfectly
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
February 06 2012 22:39 GMT
#2831
Haven't seen this thread, but I'll jump in.
I own Brainwavz M2, Audio Technica AD700, and recently just purchased VSonic GR07.
Thinking about buying the Fiio E11 for the GR07. On my Acer a100 tablet, it just sounds so amazing, but on my Samsung Epic phone which I do most of my listening, it sounds great, but no where near how my tablet sounds. Anyone can nudge me in the right direction?
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
February 07 2012 19:33 GMT
#2832
On February 07 2012 07:39 RawrAnOcean wrote:
Haven't seen this thread, but I'll jump in.
I own Brainwavz M2, Audio Technica AD700, and recently just purchased VSonic GR07.
Thinking about buying the Fiio E11 for the GR07. On my Acer a100 tablet, it just sounds so amazing, but on my Samsung Epic phone which I do most of my listening, it sounds great, but no where near how my tablet sounds. Anyone can nudge me in the right direction?


V-sonic GR07s are excellent IEMs for their price probably I'd say them and Yamahas EPH-100 give the best performance-price ratio of all IEMs!

Amps usually only work well if the source is good and/or at least neutral. In your case the amp will make your tablet sound even better but won't make much of a difference for your Samsung. The sound of the Epic is considered very bass heavy so I'd consider getting a dark amp in conjuction or even headphones that are light on the low end.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
February 07 2012 20:46 GMT
#2833
If I get an amp for my phone such as the Fiio E11 that means I'm just amping the amp from my phone which won't provide much benefit? So I would need something like the iPods line out dock to really benefit?
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 23:45:20
February 07 2012 23:38 GMT
#2834
I'm currently using a NuForce Icon (first version) and NE-700X IEMs. Used to plug speakers into the Icon as well but I just moved and I'm only using the IEMs for now.

[image loading][image loading]

Also just bought Steelseries Siberias. As expected, the sound is nothing to write home about, but the comfort is really good, the sound isolation really low, and the microphone decent, which is what I bought them for. I can wear them for hours without my glasses hurting my ears, while hearing absolutely everything around me and not even having to take them off to chat with people.

I'm quite baffled as to why so many gamers buy them though. For serious gaming, I'd rather go for high sound isolation.
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
February 08 2012 01:28 GMT
#2835
On February 08 2012 05:46 RawrAnOcean wrote:
If I get an amp for my phone such as the Fiio E11 that means I'm just amping the amp from my phone which won't provide much benefit? So I would need something like the iPods line out dock to really benefit?


Yes. Or more specifically a modded iPod 5/5.5 gen series + modded (RWA mod or diyMod) to completely bypass the internal amp circuitry would give you the best possible sound from a HDD portable player but a standard lineout (LOD) cable would be a much cheaper and cost effective alternative.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 08 2012 15:02 GMT
#2836
A modern iPod or iPhone has somewhat better audio quality (both the D/A and headphone amplifier) than most phones. To be honest, the line-out dock to bypass the internal amp is theoretically better, but not really much of an advantage over connecting through the headphone jack (going through the internal amp), since the amp is not bad and particularly won't be poorly behaved when driving another amplifier as opposed to headphones. It's a whole lot easier to drive an another amplifier than it is to drive headphones.

The kinds of mods mentioned above don't seem well motivated, other than as a tinkering project.

On your phone, which maybe has a worse headphone out than a typical iDevice, you could still benefit from running to a dedicated amplifier. It depends. A lot of times the quality of the D/A is pretty much an afterthought in the design process and may still be a limiting factor no matter what kind of amp you use, and there's nothing you can do about that.

For driving typical dynamic driver IEMs that aren't too expensive, a pretty cheap internal headphone amp implementation is probably going to do okay, so there's less motivation to get a dedicated external amp.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 05:18:50
February 10 2012 05:00 GMT
#2837
I need some help guys. My friend wants to get some Beats headphones, but only because it is the new craze at my area. She doesn't know anything about headphones at all, and all I know about headphones are that Beats are overpriced. After suggesting a bunch of headphones, I finally realized that she didn't like them because they weren't colored. lol. So do they have any decent ($50-$150 -- obviously she has money to blow if she was going to get Beats) colored headphones? The best I could do were Razer Orcas. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Well, those cost ~$225, then more for the pads... I can't think of any off the top of my head in the specified price range. It sounds like her first priority is fashion, with sound quality second...

basically yes XD
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 05:21:48
February 10 2012 05:08 GMT
#2838
The first thing that came to my mind were the HD25's Adidas version:
[image loading]

This site has colored pads for it (can't find a US site, hope they ship international):
http://www.recordcase.de/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=1328850239-10749&ls=e&nc=1328850331-11190&rubnum=&artnum=0030101491&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsuche--hd25X//Xsonstiges

[image loading][image loading]

Edit: Well, those cost ~$225 (or $200 for the black ones), then more for the pads... I can't think of any off the top of my head in the specified price range. It sounds like her first priority is fashion, with sound quality second...
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 10 2012 05:22 GMT
#2839
I don't think it's quite released yet, but the Philips Citiscape Downtown ($99) was shown at CES and some people seemed to be quite impressed. Notably Tyll (InnerFidelity) loved them, and he hates the Beats Solo.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHL5605PP-28-CitiScape-Headphones/dp/B006WHPQUO
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2012-best-show-philips-lifestyle-products

There's the AKG Q460 in green, white, or black, but those aren't well regarded AFAIK. Those are also about $100.

There's a white version Beyerdynamic DT 235, which is a pretty good ~$50 headphone.
Freeheals
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States488 Posts
February 10 2012 05:34 GMT
#2840
Damn they're putting out a lot of headphones
http://www.last.fm/user/Rahdek
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings114
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft399
ByuN 304
RuFF_SC2 152
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
GuemChi 1307
MaD[AoV]185
Sharp 154
910 67
Bale 20
NaDa 14
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever370
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 617
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Other Games
summit1g8730
JimRising 591
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick818
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• EnkiAlexander 59
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP58
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo554
Other Games
• Shiphtur359
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 17m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.