• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 135

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 244 Next
36CrazyFists
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal128 Posts
January 11 2012 20:55 GMT
#2681
Hi everyone , im looking for a good headset around 80€ . At the moment i have a steelseries siberia V2 .
http://www.twitter.com/36crazyfists
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
January 11 2012 20:58 GMT
#2682
On January 12 2012 05:55 36CrazyFists wrote:
Hi everyone , im looking for a good headset around 80€ . At the moment i have a steelseries siberia V2 .


is there a reason you wanna switch, I feel kinda bad because I just ordered them yesterday :D^^
36CrazyFists
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal128 Posts
January 11 2012 21:01 GMT
#2683
On January 12 2012 05:58 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 05:55 36CrazyFists wrote:
Hi everyone , im looking for a good headset around 80€ . At the moment i have a steelseries siberia V2 .


is there a reason you wanna switch, I feel kinda bad because I just ordered them yesterday :D^^


No , the headset is great , quality sound etc... looking for options only .
http://www.twitter.com/36crazyfists
Disarm22
Profile Joined January 2011
United States151 Posts
January 11 2012 21:08 GMT
#2684
I got the Beats Studio (limited edition Orange) for xmas, love em. Very comfortable and sound great. They are pricey but i would reccomend them.
Cliiiiiiide!
36CrazyFists
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal128 Posts
January 11 2012 21:15 GMT
#2685
On January 12 2012 06:08 Disarm22 wrote:
I got the Beats Studio (limited edition Orange) for xmas, love em. Very comfortable and sound great. They are pricey but i would reccomend them.


I know , they are awesome , to much money . I have a house and 2 cats
http://www.twitter.com/36crazyfists
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
January 11 2012 23:37 GMT
#2686
On January 12 2012 06:15 36CrazyFists wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 06:08 Disarm22 wrote:
I got the Beats Studio (limited edition Orange) for xmas, love em. Very comfortable and sound great. They are pricey but i would reccomend them.


I know , they are awesome , to much money . I have a house and 2 cats

This reply was pretty uneventful, until I read "I have a house and 2 cats "... What in the world.... why would you include that...?
TorontoRaccoon
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada49 Posts
January 12 2012 02:17 GMT
#2687
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 02:38:41
January 12 2012 02:37 GMT
#2688
On January 12 2012 11:17 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..


MSRP of the HD650 is $650, so I'm not surprised. The HD 650's sell for $250 street nowadays, so don't expect the prices to stay the same.

Can't wait for them though, will decide whether to sell my HD 650's to fund or not later. I don't like the HD 800's, both style and sound.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 12 2012 03:25 GMT
#2689
On January 12 2012 11:17 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..

Well I'm sure I don't represent "the market", but personally I don't buy used headphones - both for hygiene reason and also for the fact that headphones have moving parts and are a b*tch to deal with when they break (and I love the warranty). If I were on the market for new headphones with a $1000 budget, I'd most likely go for new HD700's over used HD800's (provided they're good).

Also they look amazing
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
January 12 2012 04:16 GMT
#2690
On January 12 2012 12:25 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:17 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..

Well I'm sure I don't represent "the market", but personally I don't buy used headphones - both for hygiene reason and also for the fact that headphones have moving parts and are a b*tch to deal with when they break (and I love the warranty). If I were on the market for new headphones with a $1000 budget, I'd most likely go for new HD700's over used HD800's (provided they're good).

Also they look amazing


Headphones have moving parts?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 12 2012 04:24 GMT
#2691
On January 12 2012 13:16 XCetron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 12:25 Djzapz wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:17 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..

Well I'm sure I don't represent "the market", but personally I don't buy used headphones - both for hygiene reason and also for the fact that headphones have moving parts and are a b*tch to deal with when they break (and I love the warranty). If I were on the market for new headphones with a $1000 budget, I'd most likely go for new HD700's over used HD800's (provided they're good).

Also they look amazing


Headphones have moving parts?

Of course they do.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
January 12 2012 04:36 GMT
#2692
It's hard to make sound waves without moving anything...but I wouldn't think that the drivers would really wear out very significantly just with a few years of use. Certainly many models have adjustable headbands, swiveling earcups, and other mechanical elements that are often increasingly prone to failure with more use.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with used headphones though, since plenty of times you can get them used < 100 hours, for 70% price or so. As for hygiene, I guess people have aversions to public lab (music lab, communications lab, library lab, etc.) headphones as well? It sounds reasonable to me, but just as bad is using public doorknobs and computer keyboards, and things of that nature.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 12 2012 04:48 GMT
#2693
On January 12 2012 13:36 Myrmidon wrote:
Personally I don't see anything wrong with used headphones though, since plenty of times you can get them used < 100 hours, for 70% price or so. As for hygiene, I guess people have aversions to public lab (music lab, communications lab, library lab, etc.) headphones as well? It sounds reasonable to me, but just as bad is using public doorknobs and computer keyboards, and things of that nature.

Well it's not a phobia either or anything like that. I just need a really low price to convince me to buy used headphones. I'll happily pay an extra 30% for a 2 year warranty and clean ear pads. Maybe I wouldn't pay 50% though.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
January 12 2012 05:38 GMT
#2694
On January 12 2012 12:25 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:17 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..

Well I'm sure I don't represent "the market", but personally I don't buy used headphones - both for hygiene reason and also for the fact that headphones have moving parts and are a b*tch to deal with when they break (and I love the warranty). If I were on the market for new headphones with a $1000 budget, I'd most likely go for new HD700's over used HD800's (provided they're good).

Also they look amazing

should also consider the hifiman he-500 or lcd2's in that price range
I prefer the he-500's over the hd800 and it's half the price
© Current year.
firefly slo
Profile Joined January 2012
Slovenia3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 11:58:14
January 12 2012 11:57 GMT
#2695
On January 11 2012 18:43 seiferoth10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2012 17:54 firefly slo wrote:
Hey everyone!

Im looking into headphones Sennheiser PC 360 which are at the top of my list (and at the edge of my budget), and I only have onboard soudcard (dont know which but about 2 years old computer). So I guess I must look into soundcards as well? Or amplifier? I would like to get good sound if Im buying so expensive headphones...

BTW, what are your thoughts on new Razers headphones? Timiat 7.1 I belive it is called. I know its not out yet, but still...

Thanx for all the help! I did read a loooot of this thread, but Im still not sure what to buy lol

I've heard the PC360s are just HD555s (or I guess HD558s now) with a mic attached.

There's a 99% chance that your onboard sound has the correct ports for the PC360. The problem is it will be woefully underpowered, and will sound meh (HD55s are decent without amplification last I heard) for music.

I can't comment on the Razer headphones, other than my rant that surround sound in headphones is a gigantic scam.

Edit: Btw, I hate headsets with a passion. Getting headphones and a separate mic is MUCH better value than having them connected together.


Well, apperently 360 looks way better then 558... Dont see the diference myself, but still... If they are as good, extra mic and some ltl extra price wont do much damage to my wallet...

But there is still question about new amp or new soundcard? What is better in my opcion? Headseat will be used 95% of the time on the computer.
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 13:38:43
January 12 2012 12:43 GMT
#2696
On January 12 2012 20:57 firefly slo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2012 18:43 seiferoth10 wrote:
On January 11 2012 17:54 firefly slo wrote:
Hey everyone!

Im looking into headphones Sennheiser PC 360 which are at the top of my list (and at the edge of my budget), and I only have onboard soudcard (dont know which but about 2 years old computer). So I guess I must look into soundcards as well? Or amplifier? I would like to get good sound if Im buying so expensive headphones...

BTW, what are your thoughts on new Razers headphones? Timiat 7.1 I belive it is called. I know its not out yet, but still...

Thanx for all the help! I did read a loooot of this thread, but Im still not sure what to buy lol

I've heard the PC360s are just HD555s (or I guess HD558s now) with a mic attached.

There's a 99% chance that your onboard sound has the correct ports for the PC360. The problem is it will be woefully underpowered, and will sound meh (HD55s are decent without amplification last I heard) for music.

I can't comment on the Razer headphones, other than my rant that surround sound in headphones is a gigantic scam.

Edit: Btw, I hate headsets with a passion. Getting headphones and a separate mic is MUCH better value than having them connected together.


Well, apperently 360 looks way better then 558... Dont see the diference myself, but still... If they are as good, extra mic and some ltl extra price wont do much damage to my wallet...

But there is still question about new amp or new soundcard? What is better in my opcion? Headseat will be used 95% of the time on the computer.

Considering the PC360 is very similar to the HD555 in terms of driver and enclosure, the question basically is: does the HD555 sound good unamped? Yes, they do, but of course they'll sound even better amped. Do you NEED an amp? I don't think so.

Edit: I guess I'll add in my recommendation after having contemplated it. The PC360 is $220 on Amazon.com, so I'll stay around there.
DT990 Pro-250ohm ($166 from BH) + Fiio E10 ($80 Amazon) + Zalman mic thing ($10 Amazon) = $256.

The advantages of my recommendation: it will sound much much better for music (particularly bass heavy music), I've heard they're one of the best for soundstage width and depth (until you get to the $1000 range), comfy, durable, detachable mic.

The disadvantages of my recommendation: the mic will be pretty crappy comparatively speaking. You won't be able to use these on your mp3 player, but I doubt that's a disadvantage because you wouldn't use the PC360 on your mp3 player either.

The biggest problem with my recommendation: seeing as how you're from Slovenia, I have no idea where you're shopping or what the price difference between the PC360 and my setup will be.
firefly slo
Profile Joined January 2012
Slovenia3 Posts
January 12 2012 12:57 GMT
#2697
yeah! That was the point I was trying to ask (damn non english mather language)! Thanx a lot! Or someone else thinks I need amp?
reapsen
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany559 Posts
January 12 2012 14:35 GMT
#2698
hey,

i have a Sennheiser HD 500 for over 8 years now.
Image:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Those headphones are just great. I wear them every day and i can wear them for several hours straight without any problems. But time has done its job and as those headphones are not indestructible, mine are pretty worn off.

So i start thinking about getting a new model. My first idea are the Sennheiser HD 558 as they are somewhat of the successor, right?
Image:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Anyone owns the HD558 and can recommend them? Or has anyone had the HD 500 before and migrated to another model? Please let me know
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
January 12 2012 15:39 GMT
#2699
On January 12 2012 14:38 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 12:25 Djzapz wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:17 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Having a house with two cats is pretty much the say as recommending "limited" edition beats, I would assume. So anyone excited about the HD700? Kindo stupid retail price is close to used HD800s..

Well I'm sure I don't represent "the market", but personally I don't buy used headphones - both for hygiene reason and also for the fact that headphones have moving parts and are a b*tch to deal with when they break (and I love the warranty). If I were on the market for new headphones with a $1000 budget, I'd most likely go for new HD700's over used HD800's (provided they're good).

Also they look amazing

should also consider the hifiman he-500 or lcd2's in that price range
I prefer the he-500's over the hd800 and it's half the price

Cant recommend lcd2 enough, amazing phones. Most who have tried HD800 and lcd2 have liked lcd2 more. They are much faster and extend a lot lower.
Vodh
Profile Joined May 2010
68 Posts
January 12 2012 16:03 GMT
#2700
I've got a pair of Shure SRH750DJ which I bought as a replacement for Creative Aurvana Live! and I love everything about them, I've had them for about 2 years now. For listening on the go I use Shure SE215 and I really love them too. Also have a pair of Head-Direct RE-0, but their sound is much colder and for me they just lack the bass - also their sound isolation is nowhere near the SE215. For your casual gaming/teamspeak action I just use a laptop built-in mic and a pair of Koss Porta Pro - they'll never get old.
Are you ready, guys? Put ya gunz on!
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
The PondCast
20h 11m
INu's Battles
21h 11m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.