• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8936 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 128

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 244 Next
nShade
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria296 Posts
December 31 2011 21:52 GMT
#2541
Hello

I bought a Razer Carcharias headset yesterday and I find it amazing, but
why do they seem to be so darn quiet?

For example: I can hear my keyboard/mouse clicking, while wearing the headphones and maxed the volume.
Is it supposed to be like that or is something wrong with the product?
Eogris
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States148 Posts
December 31 2011 23:12 GMT
#2542
About to buy audio technica ath-m30, anyone have any experience with them?
THE NUKES GONNA LAND ON HIS ARMYYYYYYYYYYY
TorontoRaccoon
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada49 Posts
January 01 2012 21:14 GMT
#2543
Any ideas on a amp/dac solution for around a grand(ish) I was looking at the V200 a bit more than I was planning for. Burson 160Ds is always an option I guess.. main headphones would be the HD 800's.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
January 01 2012 21:56 GMT
#2544
On January 02 2012 06:14 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Any ideas on a amp/dac solution for around a grand(ish) I was looking at the V200 a bit more than I was planning for. Burson 160Ds is always an option I guess.. main headphones would be the HD 800's.


Look into something like maybe a Woo Audio tube amp, I've only heard great things about them coupled with the HD800. HD800 is like 300 Ohm right? I'd go with a tube amp for them, definitely. As for a DAC, to stay within your budget I would recommend something like a Schiit Bifrost, when you order it you can add USB input too (Asynchronous iirc).
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
January 01 2012 22:13 GMT
#2545
I'm getting Beats By Dre Studio's this month somewhere. Can't wait to get them!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
January 02 2012 00:01 GMT
#2546
On January 02 2012 07:13 vijeze wrote:
I'm getting Beats By Dre Studio's this month somewhere. Can't wait to get them!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Are you buying them for sound quality or for fashion?
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
January 02 2012 00:06 GMT
#2547
On January 02 2012 09:01 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 07:13 vijeze wrote:
I'm getting Beats By Dre Studio's this month somewhere. Can't wait to get them!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Are you buying them for sound quality or for fashion?

I love the slight undertone of manifstested hate :D

On December 30 2011 08:06 HeroCommanD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 21:05 bluQ wrote:
On December 29 2011 20:36 HeroCommanD wrote:
Was wondering about a new purchase going on from my siberia v2s because the sound going to the headphones are reduced because at some point where the cable goes into the headset has been damaged (falling asleep with them on T__T). So I'm coming here to ask opinions on a new headset (I can afford upto £80).

Replies are greatly appreciated .

Depends on what you want. If you want to have 99% noise reduction from your enviorment then get i would suggest inear with an detachable mic.
If you want to hear when the telephone rings I can recommence Sennheiser products. Imo in every price-range one one the best in quality (tho not that good looking ).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PC-350-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325160089&sr=8-3 are good tho i dont like the earcups(a friend got em with leather) too much.


Right I've decided to go with the headset that you linked because my uncle who lives with us has a Sennheiser HD 212Pro and they're very good and comfortable (looks are really just an after thought when buying a product for a use ) which I'll be using for a while before they come because I was using using earphones but after constant use my right ear is starting to feel some discomfort

I guess you wont regret it and hope you'll have a lot of fun with them!
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
January 02 2012 00:11 GMT
#2548
On January 02 2012 09:06 bluQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 09:01 Deadeight wrote:
On January 02 2012 07:13 vijeze wrote:
I'm getting Beats By Dre Studio's this month somewhere. Can't wait to get them!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Are you buying them for sound quality or for fashion?

I love the slight undertone of manifstested hate :D

Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 08:06 HeroCommanD wrote:
On December 29 2011 21:05 bluQ wrote:
On December 29 2011 20:36 HeroCommanD wrote:
Was wondering about a new purchase going on from my siberia v2s because the sound going to the headphones are reduced because at some point where the cable goes into the headset has been damaged (falling asleep with them on T__T). So I'm coming here to ask opinions on a new headset (I can afford upto £80).

Replies are greatly appreciated .

Depends on what you want. If you want to have 99% noise reduction from your enviorment then get i would suggest inear with an detachable mic.
If you want to hear when the telephone rings I can recommence Sennheiser products. Imo in every price-range one one the best in quality (tho not that good looking ).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PC-350-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325160089&sr=8-3 are good tho i dont like the earcups(a friend got em with leather) too much.


Right I've decided to go with the headset that you linked because my uncle who lives with us has a Sennheiser HD 212Pro and they're very good and comfortable (looks are really just an after thought when buying a product for a use ) which I'll be using for a while before they come because I was using using earphones but after constant use my right ear is starting to feel some discomfort

I guess you wont regret it and hope you'll have a lot of fun with them!



Not how I intended it! Was planning on being helpful
TeaGreen
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada147 Posts
January 02 2012 00:11 GMT
#2549
On January 02 2012 09:01 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 07:13 vijeze wrote:
I'm getting Beats By Dre Studio's this month somewhere. Can't wait to get them!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Are you buying them for sound quality or for fashion?


lol I like this post...



Ordered an entry level USB DAC...Musiland Monitor 02 USB...can't wait!!! Hopefully it's a good buy.

I can't stand all the noise my computer produces so I've been using my phone (which is sadly better) as a source when it comes to music.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
January 02 2012 00:15 GMT
#2550
On January 02 2012 09:11 TeaGreen wrote:

I can't stand all the noise my computer produces so I've been using my phone (which is sadly better) as a source when it comes to music.



So true

Especially with the headphone socket on the front of mine the sound quality is really bad, pretty sure it runs past every source of interference it could.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
January 02 2012 01:08 GMT
#2551
By a USB DAC perhaps ?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
January 02 2012 01:44 GMT
#2552
Nah, entry-level is like sub-$5 dongles on eBay with the low-end C-Media chips.


On January 02 2012 06:14 TorontoRaccoon wrote:
Any ideas on a amp/dac solution for around a grand(ish) I was looking at the V200 a bit more than I was planning for. Burson 160Ds is always an option I guess.. main headphones would be the HD 800's.

What other headphones? If you want to drive HD 800 accurately, that shouldn't be too hard. Despite the price and whatever expectation bias people have cooked up for them and other audiophile pseudoscience, they shouldn't be a challenging load for most reasonable amplifiers, very similar to HD 650 in terms of amp requirements and matching. Pick your favorite amp that can do about 3V into 300+ ohms.
HuggyBear
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia377 Posts
January 02 2012 03:13 GMT
#2553
On January 01 2012 06:46 Ducci wrote:
I currently need some new headphones and I am in need of some advice/help. I had steelseries 4h and absolutely loved them, but after 2 years my left year stopped working. So I am looking at either the steelseries 5hv2 or 7h (I am open to other suggestions). I usually only wear headphones when I am playing games so music quality isn't a big concern to me, however I want them to be comfortable to wear for several hours in a row.

Anyone have suggestions/opinions about either of these headphones?


I'd still suggest the AD700's. They're light as a feather and they'll only have a loose fit if you're a pinhead
"Sleeping with SeLeCT is Standard. Once you've slept with Day9 everything else is just ..." - CatZ
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
January 02 2012 03:16 GMT
#2554
Just got a pair of AKG K702s cheap to replace my 7year old HD280pro's.
[image loading]

Soo comfortable <3
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
January 02 2012 03:56 GMT
#2555
On January 02 2012 12:16 Xafnia wrote:
Just got a pair of AKG K702s cheap to replace my 7year old HD280pro's.
[image loading]

Soo comfortable <3

Ahh, I'm using this, and it's the best headphone I've ever used. Love the wide soundstage so much. May I ask what kind of amp/dac are you using?
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
January 02 2012 03:57 GMT
#2556
On January 02 2012 12:16 Xafnia wrote:
Just got a pair of AKG K702s cheap to replace my 7year old HD280pro's.
[image loading]

Soo comfortable <3

Could you write a review?
I bought the AKG-K77 earlier this year and it was really confortable and I was thinking about stick with AKG because of their product design. Would your headphone be a good upgraded choice?
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
January 02 2012 12:06 GMT
#2557
R.I.P. Eleven year old Sony MDR-CD280...

You gave me so much all these years, never letting me down a single time. But I knew that this day would come eventually
I had these headphones for more that a third of my life O.O and they were amazing.

Now I just bought the Sennheiser HD518. After what I read here and in HeadRoom I think I did a good buy. Afterall my main usage is for listing and writting music. I'll tell you afterwards about it.
aka Wardo
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
January 02 2012 12:10 GMT
#2558
On January 02 2012 10:08 tuho12345 wrote:
By a USB DAC perhaps ?


Yeah I've got one, it's just a shame they do that.
iMYoonA
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia462 Posts
January 02 2012 12:36 GMT
#2559
while the akg is the best headphone i own currently, i wouldn't exactly put it into the comfortable region, esp. not straight away. the bumps on the headband are very hard, and are still a nuisance after softening up after about 300 hours.

the wide soundstage is good, but a couple of times ive noticed it being a bit too big; once i asked myself... why is that violin played from over there?

i can't really be bothered posting all the positives as most people know them already
*yoona | taeyeon | jiyeon | na eun | cho rong | IU | nana | suzy | yejin*
Ariuz
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany39 Posts
January 02 2012 12:47 GMT
#2560
[image loading]

using a razer carcharias, pretty comfy and I like the bass. I also got a occat kave, but I dont like it as much =) (pretty uncomfy with glasses)
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 143
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 475
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm87
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3509
Counter-Strike
Fnx 994
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD43
Other Games
summit1g6829
FrodaN1083
shahzam528
C9.Mang0295
RotterdaM85
Mew2King28
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• RyuSc2 23
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1067
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
16m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.