• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20268Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8836 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 127

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 244 Next
Jabroney
Profile Joined December 2011
United States17 Posts
December 28 2011 00:05 GMT
#2521
On November 13 2010 09:04 Fyodor wrote:
Poll: What's your enthusiast level?

I own some mid-level level music headphones from Grado, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, etc. (2141)
 
44%

I have a "gaming" headset. (1749)
 
36%

I own a dedicated headphe amplifier and DAC. (344)
 
7%

I still use the earbuds that came with my ipod. (272)
 
6%

I bought some inexpensive headphones for my MP3 player once. (251)
 
5%

Headphones are a big hobby for me, I have a collection of them and love to try new gear. (114)
 
2%

I custom built every component of my headphone rig. (44)
 
1%

4915 total votes

Your vote: What's your enthusiast level?

(Vote): I still use the earbuds that came with my ipod.
(Vote): I have a "gaming" headset.
(Vote): I bought some inexpensive headphones for my MP3 player once.
(Vote): I own some mid-level level music headphones from Grado, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, etc.
(Vote): I own a dedicated headphe amplifier and DAC.
(Vote): Headphones are a big hobby for me, I have a collection of them and love to try new gear.
(Vote): I custom built every component of my headphone rig.




I'm really not sure how to conduct this thread. There's nothing on TL about taking headphones seriously AFAIK so I guess a poll would give us an idea of what we're dealing with here.

Personally I opted to go with the Beyerdynamic DT990

[image loading]

coupled with the Audio-GD FUN version "A" with upgraded Earth OPA.

[image loading]

This is a relatively cheap system and IMO, offers phenomenal detail. Lows and highs are a bit pronounced so this is isn't a natural sound but it is quite lively and suited to electronic music. Not my favorite genre or anything but I do listen to quite a bit of it so I like something like this in my system.

I'd love for everyone to do the same and share their experience with heaphones in this thread. It's just missing from TL so badly.

I like sony earbuds and original apple earbuds they're the best.
U mad?
HINDYhat
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada30 Posts
December 28 2011 00:12 GMT
#2522
I got my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 a little while ago. The first quality set of earphones I've ever owned, and they sound absolutely amazing, but they are pretty uncomfortable and the cable is shit (yes, I've done the reverse cable fit). Hopefully my ears will adjust within the next week or so, or I will have to go get some different tips.

insert generic earphone image:
[image loading]
Blurio
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany288 Posts
December 28 2011 12:25 GMT
#2523
I got some iBeats by Dre for free from my dads new phone. Are those any decent?
For comparison: Im mostly listening with my Panasonics RP HTX7 and would use the iBeats when I'm jogging or when its raining.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
December 28 2011 23:43 GMT
#2524
On December 28 2011 21:25 Blurio wrote:
I got some iBeats by Dre for free from my dads new phone. Are those any decent?
For comparison: Im mostly listening with my Panasonics RP HTX7 and would use the iBeats when I'm jogging or when its raining.

They're good but you pay for the brand. If you got them for free, well they're much better than your average cheap IEMs.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
HeroCommanD
Profile Joined March 2011
England33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 12:21:12
December 29 2011 11:36 GMT
#2525
Was wondering about a new purchase going on from my siberia v2s because the sound going to the headphones are reduced because at some point where the cable goes into the headset has been damaged (falling asleep with them on T__T). So I'm coming here to ask opinions on a new headset that I can hear a bit of outside noise for work purposes and for a on board soundcard(I can afford upto £100).

Replies are greatly appreciated .
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
December 29 2011 11:42 GMT
#2526
It's an ok headphone, mine broke after about 6 month of usage though...
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 12:00:41
December 29 2011 11:43 GMT
#2527
Always been and ever will be a fan of Sennheiser products. Couple of years ago i had a Soundblaster FXI-Elite Soundcard + Amplifier + Equalizer with Sennheiser Headphones (around 150€).
Yet i was too lazy to get me a better/equal soundcard so im currently only running with sennheiser usb-soundcard + Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 12:02:01
December 29 2011 11:58 GMT
#2528
On December 29 2011 20:36 HeroCommanD wrote:
Was wondering about a new purchase going on from my siberia v2s because the sound going to the headphones are reduced because at some point where the cable goes into the headset has been damaged (falling asleep with them on T__T). So I'm coming here to ask opinions on a new headset (I can afford upto £80).

Replies are greatly appreciated .


Well, I wouldn't recommend a headset, but I would recommend a set of headphones and a detachable mic. If you're down with that, I can recommend the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and the Zalman Mic1.

The total (for me at least) is $107, but Euros almost always pay more for electronics for some reason. Soo... yeah.

Edit: Well, the total on Amazon.co.uk is £120, that's pretty silly.
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
December 29 2011 12:04 GMT
#2529
On December 28 2011 09:12 HINDYhat wrote:
I got my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 a little while ago. The first quality set of earphones I've ever owned, and they sound absolutely amazing, but they are pretty uncomfortable and the cable is shit (yes, I've done the reverse cable fit). Hopefully my ears will adjust within the next week or so, or I will have to go get some different tips.

insert generic earphone image:
[image loading]

Try the double flange tips. They're still going to hurt.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
December 29 2011 12:05 GMT
#2530
On December 29 2011 20:36 HeroCommanD wrote:
Was wondering about a new purchase going on from my siberia v2s because the sound going to the headphones are reduced because at some point where the cable goes into the headset has been damaged (falling asleep with them on T__T). So I'm coming here to ask opinions on a new headset (I can afford upto £80).

Replies are greatly appreciated .

Depends on what you want. If you want to have 99% noise reduction from your enviorment then get i would suggest inear with an detachable mic.
If you want to hear when the telephone rings I can recommence Sennheiser products. Imo in every price-range one one the best in quality (tho not that good looking ).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PC-350-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325160089&sr=8-3 are good tho i dont like the earcups(a friend got em with leather) too much.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
LiaT
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden58 Posts
December 29 2011 12:42 GMT
#2531
Just bought AKG K 518 DJ. Very good sound judging from the price. To bad they can get uncomfortable after long use
HeroCommanD
Profile Joined March 2011
England33 Posts
December 29 2011 23:06 GMT
#2532
On December 29 2011 21:05 bluQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 20:36 HeroCommanD wrote:
Was wondering about a new purchase going on from my siberia v2s because the sound going to the headphones are reduced because at some point where the cable goes into the headset has been damaged (falling asleep with them on T__T). So I'm coming here to ask opinions on a new headset (I can afford upto £80).

Replies are greatly appreciated .

Depends on what you want. If you want to have 99% noise reduction from your enviorment then get i would suggest inear with an detachable mic.
If you want to hear when the telephone rings I can recommence Sennheiser products. Imo in every price-range one one the best in quality (tho not that good looking ).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PC-350-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325160089&sr=8-3 are good tho i dont like the earcups(a friend got em with leather) too much.


Right I've decided to go with the headset that you linked because my uncle who lives with us has a Sennheiser HD 212Pro and they're very good and comfortable (looks are really just an after thought when buying a product for a use ) which I'll be using for a while before they come because I was using using earphones but after constant use my right ear is starting to feel some discomfort
Syncker
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland142 Posts
December 30 2011 18:03 GMT
#2533
What's people opinion on Sennheiser PC-360? I have it ordered and would like to hear ppl's experiences on it.
eLyx
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 18:05:39
December 30 2011 18:04 GMT
#2534
Hey guys i was thinking about getting some new Headphones. I have no previous experience in the Head-Fi area only owned Headsets with mics on them etc.
I would be using them for Music (ofc) and Gaming, comfort and good soundquality would be my priorities. I have ca 150€/200$ at my disposal (a few bucks more wont matter).
Music would be mainly Rock and some Metal. Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Queen, Muse, Alter Bridge and In Flames (by far the heaviest Band i listen to) are my favorites to give you an idea.
I would also plug them into my Guitar Amp because it only gives me the Sounds i want when its cranked up and thats definitely to loud for my neighbours.
I would be using them only in my room and on a lan every 100years (but i could use my steelseries in ears) so i guess open dynamic headpones would be the best i guess(?).

thanks in advance for your replies!
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
December 31 2011 08:45 GMT
#2535
Anyone got a Hifiman Planar Magnetic Headphone? This intrigues me.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586828/hifiman-he-400-planar-headphones-pre-order
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
HuggyBear
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia377 Posts
December 31 2011 10:50 GMT
#2536
On December 31 2011 03:04 eLyx wrote:
Hey guys i was thinking about getting some new Headphones. I have no previous experience in the Head-Fi area only owned Headsets with mics on them etc.
I would be using them for Music (ofc) and Gaming, comfort and good soundquality would be my priorities. I have ca 150€/200$ at my disposal (a few bucks more wont matter).
Music would be mainly Rock and some Metal. Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Queen, Muse, Alter Bridge and In Flames (by far the heaviest Band i listen to) are my favorites to give you an idea.
I would also plug them into my Guitar Amp because it only gives me the Sounds i want when its cranked up and thats definitely to loud for my neighbours.
I would be using them only in my room and on a lan every 100years (but i could use my steelseries in ears) so i guess open dynamic headpones would be the best i guess(?).

thanks in advance for your replies!


Sounds like an Alessandro MS-1 or a Grado SR125 would be perfect. Don't know retailers around Germany so I can't help you there =(
"Sleeping with SeLeCT is Standard. Once you've slept with Day9 everything else is just ..." - CatZ
Dacendoran
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States825 Posts
December 31 2011 11:29 GMT
#2537
Anyone in EU looking for some very good IEMs at a fair price should check out http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=electronics-uk&field-keywords=Radiopaq I hear the jazz ones are very nice for bass heavy music and most of them are only 10$ atm. I wish I could order a pair but I live in the US Q.Q
eLyx
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany54 Posts
December 31 2011 13:32 GMT
#2538
On December 31 2011 19:50 HuggyBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 03:04 eLyx wrote:
Hey guys i was thinking about getting some new Headphones. I have no previous experience in the Head-Fi area only owned Headsets with mics on them etc.
I would be using them for Music (ofc) and Gaming, comfort and good soundquality would be my priorities. I have ca 150€/200$ at my disposal (a few bucks more wont matter).
Music would be mainly Rock and some Metal. Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Queen, Muse, Alter Bridge and In Flames (by far the heaviest Band i listen to) are my favorites to give you an idea.
I would also plug them into my Guitar Amp because it only gives me the Sounds i want when its cranked up and thats definitely to loud for my neighbours.
I would be using them only in my room and on a lan every 100years (but i could use my steelseries in ears) so i guess open dynamic headpones would be the best i guess(?).

thanks in advance for your replies!


Sounds like an Alessandro MS-1 or a Grado SR125 would be perfect. Don't know retailers around Germany so I can't help you there =(


Thanks! I'll definitely look these up. I don't know if anyone will read this in time but if i order today i could get a pair Denon AH D 2000 for 199,99€ (normal price seems to be 299€) what would you think of those?

happy new years!
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
December 31 2011 14:03 GMT
#2539
On December 31 2011 22:32 eLyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 19:50 HuggyBear wrote:
On December 31 2011 03:04 eLyx wrote:
Hey guys i was thinking about getting some new Headphones. I have no previous experience in the Head-Fi area only owned Headsets with mics on them etc.
I would be using them for Music (ofc) and Gaming, comfort and good soundquality would be my priorities. I have ca 150€/200$ at my disposal (a few bucks more wont matter).
Music would be mainly Rock and some Metal. Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Queen, Muse, Alter Bridge and In Flames (by far the heaviest Band i listen to) are my favorites to give you an idea.
I would also plug them into my Guitar Amp because it only gives me the Sounds i want when its cranked up and thats definitely to loud for my neighbours.
I would be using them only in my room and on a lan every 100years (but i could use my steelseries in ears) so i guess open dynamic headpones would be the best i guess(?).

thanks in advance for your replies!


Sounds like an Alessandro MS-1 or a Grado SR125 would be perfect. Don't know retailers around Germany so I can't help you there =(


Thanks! I'll definitely look these up. I don't know if anyone will read this in time but if i order today i could get a pair Denon AH D 2000 for 199,99€ (normal price seems to be 299€) what would you think of those?

happy new years!

For your purpose (guitary music/guitar reproduction) I'd definitely stick with the Grados. Unless you decided overnight that you love electronica/hip hop.
Ducci
Profile Joined April 2009
United States588 Posts
December 31 2011 21:46 GMT
#2540
I currently need some new headphones and I am in need of some advice/help. I had steelseries 4h and absolutely loved them, but after 2 years my left year stopped working. So I am looking at either the steelseries 5hv2 or 7h (I am open to other suggestions). I usually only wear headphones when I am playing games so music quality isn't a big concern to me, however I want them to be comfortable to wear for several hours in a row.

Anyone have suggestions/opinions about either of these headphones?
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 611
ProTech144
Nina 78
JuggernautJason57
RuFF_SC2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23256
Calm 2599
Mini 153
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 101
soO 51
Bale 33
HiyA 25
PianO 14
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7467
XaKoH 288
monkeys_forever112
canceldota24
League of Legends
Doublelift2326
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1550
fl0m1287
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu790
Other Games
summit1g1967
FrodaN1772
Beastyqt606
B2W.Neo345
mouzStarbuck343
shahzam322
ToD202
Livibee180
C9.Mang0136
Trikslyr111
RotterdaM101
UpATreeSC91
Mew2King45
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur737
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 1m
Replay Cast
2h 46m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.