• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8865 users

2010 - What are you Reading? - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 38 Next All
StillRooney
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden106 Posts
May 19 2010 14:26 GMT
#141
Currently reading Isaac Asimovs Foundation series, on Foundation and Earth at the moment. Good stuff
Groslouser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France337 Posts
May 19 2010 14:41 GMT
#142
[image loading]

This. i wanted to change my habits and stop reading only fantasy/sf. Huge huge mistake. The only book that bored me like that was the Dead Souls (by Gogol).

I might go for the last book of the wheel of time if i happen to find it here
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
May 19 2010 14:47 GMT
#143
I just read Prey my Michael Chrichton... EXCELLENT book. Starts off a little slow, then it sucks you in by about page 70 or so.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 14:56:16
May 19 2010 14:55 GMT
#144
On May 19 2010 23:47 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
I just read Prey my Michael Chrichton... EXCELLENT book. Starts off a little slow, then it sucks you in by about page 70 or so.


Yea Prey starts very slow but after a certain point you won't put the book down. I really enjoyed it.

Currently starting on book one of the Dresden Files...should have read it long ago but never started it. If all the books are like Book 1 I'll like it.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
May 19 2010 15:02 GMT
#145
Don Quixote lolol gr9 book
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 15:10:33
May 19 2010 15:09 GMT
#146
On May 19 2010 23:55 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 23:47 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
I just read Prey my Michael Chrichton... EXCELLENT book. Starts off a little slow, then it sucks you in by about page 70 or so.


Yea Prey starts very slow but after a certain point you won't put the book down. I really enjoyed it.

Currently starting on book one of the Dresden Files...should have read it long ago but never started it. If all the books are like Book 1 I'll like it.

Made a deal with a friend to read Dresden Files if she'd read what I shove at her, now for me to borrow the books and finally complete the transaction Care to elaborate on how Dresden Files are? Looking for ways to make a deal to force her into actually finishing up the rest of A Song of Ice and Fire, finding things to nitpick at with Dresden might help

Let's see, Japanese wise a bunch of light novels, no one cares about that. A dry spell for Chinese, don't feel like I have seen anything worth reading for the longest time. English wise I haven't been reading much since I finished A Feast of Crows other than some Bradbury short story collections.

On May 20 2010 00:02 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Don Quixote lolol gr9 book

Only in parts...some of the parodies seem to be completely beyond me. But I do love the parts where I don't need to be a Spaniard of that age to understand.
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
May 19 2010 15:09 GMT
#147
[image loading]

And
[image loading]

Can't say too much about either yet, although I love the way Neitzsche writes, and Greatest Show is looking to be very interesting.
Adonai bless
shiftY803
Profile Joined April 2010
200 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 15:15:57
May 19 2010 15:15 GMT
#148
Fantasy:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

Best new fantasy book I've read in a long while.

Rereading the Malazan series by Steven Erikson. Excellent writing, complex plots. Right now on the second book.

Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

Historical:

Details the life and rise of Hideyoshi, the peasant man who would become the ruler of all Japan. In the age of the samurai, such a thing is nearly unthinkable, yet he did it.

Taiko by Eiji Yoshikawa

Caesar needs no introduction. One of the most towering figures in all of history.

Caesar: Life of a Collosus by Adrian Goldsworthy

Sorry for lack of cover shots, but I'm rather limited here at work.
live without appeal. ~ camus
CandleJack
Profile Joined March 2010
United States104 Posts
May 19 2010 15:16 GMT
#149
[image loading]
Reading this^, really interesting if you like math and its history.

[image loading]
Listening to the audio version of this^, it's really good. best fantasy i've read since George R R Martin. May even turn out to be better depending on how the next book in the series turns out.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
May 19 2010 15:36 GMT
#150
On May 20 2010 00:09 Ecael wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 23:55 Jayme wrote:
On May 19 2010 23:47 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
I just read Prey my Michael Chrichton... EXCELLENT book. Starts off a little slow, then it sucks you in by about page 70 or so.


Yea Prey starts very slow but after a certain point you won't put the book down. I really enjoyed it.

Currently starting on book one of the Dresden Files...should have read it long ago but never started it. If all the books are like Book 1 I'll like it.

Made a deal with a friend to read Dresden Files if she'd read what I shove at her, now for me to borrow the books and finally complete the transaction Care to elaborate on how Dresden Files are? Looking for ways to make a deal to force her into actually finishing up the rest of A Song of Ice and Fire, finding things to nitpick at with Dresden might help


Dresden files has 12 books currently

Storm Front is the 1st one. Changes is the last one.

The most simple way I can look at it is really... it's somewhat like Harry Potter but with a target audience directed towards adults.

Obviously it's a bit more complex than that but the main character is not a fool pushover and the plots Jim Butcher comes up with are very very good.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
May 19 2010 15:38 GMT
#151
Paolo Coelho - Warrior of Light: A Manual
Ain't planning the read the whole thing, altho there are plenty of awesome stuff.
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
Groslouser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France337 Posts
May 19 2010 16:58 GMT
#152
i forgot, i read the Millenium trilogy by stieg larson (here is the first one) some time ago.

[image loading]


they are definitely worth reading.
Too bad the author died after finishing the trilogy he had talent.
mg
Profile Joined August 2009
88 Posts
May 19 2010 17:01 GMT
#153
[image loading]

Just started, but I hear it's really interesting if you're into small business.
⋆S⋆T⋆A⋆R⋆S⋆ ⋆B⋆A⋆B⋆Y⋆
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 17:24:36
May 19 2010 17:10 GMT
#154
On April 20 2010 21:06 Not_A_Notion wrote:
This thread reminded me to actually take these out of the library
So cheers for that (obviously I am only reading the English translation of the first book, unfortunately I am too stupid and lazy to ever be bi-lingual)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Good luck with Wittgenstein's, I honestly couldn't get past the 10th page. The style and structure of his writing is really messy, very diffent from the Tractatus (which I can't stand either but it's because I massively suck at formal logic).
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
HunterStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
May 19 2010 17:14 GMT
#155
[image loading]

Yay for readinggggg
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 17:25:06
May 19 2010 17:21 GMT
#156
On May 19 2010 23:41 Groslouser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This. i wanted to change my habits and stop reading only fantasy/sf. Huge huge mistake. The only book that bored me like that was the Dead Souls (by Gogol).

I might go for the last book of the wheel of time if i happen to find it here


Oh really ? I read it a few years ago and I thought it delivered. I guess it's a matter of taste since the book is very introspective.

If you're into fantasy and haven't read the first few Elrics by M.Moorcock you should. It's a must read for any fantasy fan. The storyline kinda runs out of steam in the later volumes but it's entertaining nonetheless.

I'm currently reading Proud Beggars (mendiants et orgueilleux) by Albert Cossery. It takes place in Cairo Egypt in the 40's. Pretty fucked up but interesting story and nicely written. Characters are highly couloured.

"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
hoborg
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States430 Posts
May 19 2010 17:33 GMT
#157
On April 21 2010 06:34 Salteador Neo wrote:
[image loading]


I sort of recently read:

[image loading]

I typically don't care about fantasy novels... but damn, this book was awesome. I wanna read more by this guy.
blbl | CJ and ACE fighting!
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
May 19 2010 17:35 GMT
#158
Currently I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell.

Finally got around to buying it and I can't put it down heh.
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
May 19 2010 18:11 GMT
#159
[image loading]

For my one summer course. Pretty interesting so far.
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
May 19 2010 18:42 GMT
#160
[image loading]

Yay, homework's due tomorrow!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 536
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22242
Calm 3881
Mini 345
Mind 88
910 79
Free 54
Trap 37
Aegong 32
soO 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7430
XaKoH 455
canceldota16
Counter-Strike
fl0m5189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2838
Other Games
singsing2022
FrodaN871
Beastyqt632
B2W.Neo563
mouzStarbuck303
Livibee186
Liquid`Hasu168
C9.Mang0160
Khaldor150
Trikslyr125
RotterdaM123
KnowMe90
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 26
MindelVK10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2216
Other Games
• Shiphtur809
• imaqtpie628
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 47m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 47m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.