• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7685 users

STUPIDEST Ticket you ever got./For ANYTHING

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
GrkMagas
Profile Joined May 2007
United States48 Posts
April 08 2010 20:49 GMT
#1
Well I haven't been driving for too long and all the tickets I've received have been parking and silly stuff; like not having the current insurance card so I just mailed the current one and the ticket was taken care of. BUT today was a shit of a day, yesterday night I go for drinks at a cafe. I got this POS car and thank god I didn't leave it in front of the cafe because when I went to leave it didn't start -- and that would've been embarrassing with all those people watching!. Come morning I have till 830 to move the car before cleaning/cops come through to give tickets.

Basically the starter of the car was toast, my father thinks its the battery so we spend a good 20 minutes charging to no avail. THEN he decides he'll push my car with his to get us to the garage. Mind you the car I currently drive is a crown victoria (former yellow cab) and I couldn't turn the wheel for my life -- I quickly changed my mind on the first turn and made it to the next block, all the while hes yelling at me saying we should've gone to the garage which is 12 streets and 7 avenues away!!

Now I convince my mechanic friend to come out, he arrives just as two cops stroll by and they're cool and don't give us any problems even though it's street cleaning on that side. We lift the car while he bangs away at the starter, and nothing. The cops walk by and stare from across the street, FINALLY after one last bang the starter turns and we got lift off!

NOW we go to a shop to buy a new starter, and of course there's no way I'm shutting off the car. I leave it at the parking spot which is IN FRONT OF the shop. Right then a cop car, the ford explorer types comes and stops behind my car. The driving officer leaves his 3 buddies and walks out toward my drivers side and is staring into my car as I get there. He asks for my license so I give it and he gets into his car.

After waiting for a 15 he comes back with a pink slip saying how my superiors in the car wanted to give you a bunch of tickets, you have 6 violations, wreckless endangerment, cracked windshield, blocking traffic, bla bla bla but I managed to cut that down to one ticket: "Leaving vehicle running unattended" "It's not an expensive fine but you have to appear in court" OKay thank you officer, and I leave.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm 5 steps away from my car and he's gotta ruin my day! Granted my windshield does have a small crack but COMEE ONNN! I was in and out of the store in a flash and RIGHT as the cops pulled up behind me I was by my car.

I have to go to a CRIMINAL COURT, and I can't even read this guy's handwriting. And If I don't show up to court they'll put out an arrest warrant on me. All cause I parked with my keys in the car. Any tips on dealing with judges? I found some info online saying you can leave your car unattended for 3 minutes but If I bring that out what's to say the judge doesn't bug out thinking I'm trying to outsmart him! Should I just plead guilty and take the fine and get it over with? Either way I have to go to court and If I plead not guilty that means more court dates!

If only I can be a dt....
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
April 08 2010 20:52 GMT
#2
How much is the ticket? Is the amount worth spending a couple hours at court pleading not guilty? If so just plead not guilty, some cops are just pure jackasses.

"If only I can be a dt ..." I love it lol
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
April 08 2010 20:53 GMT
#3
Blog + question = thread
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
April 08 2010 20:54 GMT
#4
that fucking sucks
do you live in Cali?
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 08 2010 20:55 GMT
#5
a few years ago, i got a ticket for a carnival at my school. fuck it was terrible lol
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
April 08 2010 20:55 GMT
#6
Lawyer up, don't talk to the police!!!
:]
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
April 08 2010 21:01 GMT
#7
1 speeding ticket and 2-3 parking tickets. All together I'd say about $200.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
April 08 2010 21:09 GMT
#8
My wife was driving my car died at a stop sign(I'm trying to teach her how to drive a manual), came to a complete stop restarted my car and went, got pulled over and the cop said the stop didn't count because my car was "two to three feet behind the line"(direct quote from the officer) so he proceeded to give me a near $400 ticket for running a stop sign. I'm currently in the process of contesting it.
GrkMagas
Profile Joined May 2007
United States48 Posts
April 08 2010 21:19 GMT
#9
I'm in NYC - not sure how much the ticket is, it's a summons so the judge will lay down the punishment. It's either 250 bucks or like 20. If it's 20 that's no big deal but still the fact that I have to go all the way to court for nonsense. Irrelevant I feel you man! Cops are taking away our freedom!


Look at kenpachi, he can't even go to a carnival without police interference!
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
April 08 2010 21:21 GMT
#10
Cops stopped me when I was TEST driving a VR RX-8 ... I guess it's true that if you drive 10 over with a Corolla cops won't stop you but if you drive 10 over with a sports car they will stop you ...
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 21:40:02
April 08 2010 21:28 GMT
#11
I had a TERRIBLE experience being ticketed my sophomore year as an undergrad.

For those who don't know, Halloween weekend at UCSB is pure insanity. I've never seen so much partying in such a condensed place anywhere. Anyway, I lived with 8 other guys in a large house and one of my house mates allowed his younger, female cousin and her three friends to stay with us for the weekend. Some were 18, some were almost 18, and all were seniors in high school. Us guys were all either 19 or 20 at the time.

It all started when I got off of work around ~9pm ready to get dressed up, start drinking, and head to Del Playa Street (where everybody walks around in costume). So I get home, and tons of people are over and everybody is already plastered out of their minds, including these girls. I walk in the house, say my "hellos" and sit down on the couch for a second to watch Sportscenter. Meanwhile, two of the girls walk outside, one of which is 17, with beers in their hands. I've been home all of three minutes when I see the police roll up and sit these girls down on the curb. Everybody in the house freaks out and is wondering what the hell is going to happen as we see them talking/crying to the police. About five minutes later the police officer comes to the door.

Here's where it went sour. Nobody else in the house was sober and would have been able to talk to the officer reasonably. Being the responsible one and expecting the officer to tell me that I need to make sure these drunk girls stay inside, I answered the door. BIG MISTAKE.

As soon as I open the door, he says: "Get the other girls out here right now or you're going to jail." The girls hear this from the back room and jump out the window and over the back yard fence because they were drunken idiots. I come back and tell him that I can't find them because they fucking jumped over a fence. So he calls for backup and four police cars roll up and they chase these girls down. They all get sat down in front of the house on the curb and I have to explain to the police officer why these girls were walking around outside drunk, and that I had no idea because I had JUST gotten home from work.

Anyway, he hands me a ticket for "furnishing alcohol to a minor," which as I've since learned, was a punishment initially created to punish liquor stores and bars that sell booze to underage kids. It's considered a serious misdemeanor and comes with a $3000+ fine AND a mandatory court appearance... I asked how it made any fucking sense to give that to me and he said: "You assumed responsibility over anything illegal by answering the door."

So I go to court where I'm represented by a public defender because I don't have jack shit for money as a college student. Initially the judge keeps the punishment as is. After the public defender talks to the DA, I get off with an infraction instead of a misdemeanor, a $500 fine, I have to attend 5 AA meetings, and I'm enrolled in the "Youth Offender" program.

The worst part was that the girls refused to help out and their parents blamed me even though I had neither bought nor given them any alcohol. It was such fucking bullshit. My buddy pitched in for the fine, but going to AA meetings is a terrible way to spend your Friday nights...

laste
Profile Joined November 2008
Bulgaria242 Posts
April 08 2010 21:32 GMT
#12
I heard on the news the other day, that in my city, you get a 250 euro fine for feeding street cats.
Everybody will be in bronze soon, because Tasteless will have all our ladder points.
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 21:45:42
April 08 2010 21:32 GMT
#13
i got banned on TL for calling someone who was asking for help in the strategy section a "newbie."
edit: it was 2 day permaban, then i got mad for this unfair ban and said a bad thing about the guy who did it in the IRC channel, then some random mod i don't even know and who was not even involved lengthened it to a week out of his own inclination because some kid from IRC i don't even know and was not involved decided it would be awesome to take the effort to squeal on me
=(
Nony is Bonjwa
keV.
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3214 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 21:47:14
April 08 2010 21:35 GMT
#14
Parking ticket in New York for 230~ bucks while I was at a CS tournament. Too close to a fire hydrant. Here is a picture for reference.

[image loading]



It was bullshit. I lived in Rhode Island at the time which is like 4 hours away. Then some law savvy friend told me you basically never win fighting against public endangerment stuff. All the help the other 4 members of my team offerered never came. Still waiting for that check... Fuckers.



"brevity is the soul of wit" - William Shakesman
SarcasticOne
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia213 Posts
April 08 2010 21:35 GMT
#15
On April 09 2010 06:28 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
I had a TERRIBLE experience being ticketed my sophomore year as an undergrad.

For those who don't know, Halloween weekend at UCSB is pure insanity. I've never seen so much partying in such a condensed place anywhere. Anyway, I lived with 8 other guys in a large house and one of my house mates allowed his younger, female cousin and her three friends to stay with us for the weekend. Some were 18, some were almost 18, and all were seniors in high school. Us guys were all either 19 or 20 at the time.

It all started when I got off of work around ~9pm ready to get dressed up, start drinking, and head to Del Playa Street (where everybody walks around in costume). So I get home, and tons of people are over and everybody is already plastered out of their minds, including these girls. I walk in the house, say my "hellos" and sit down on the couch for a second to watch Sportscenter. Meanwhile, two of the girls walk outside, one of which is 17, with beers in their hands. I've been home all of three minutes when I see the police roll up and sit these girls down on the curb. Everybody in the house freaks out and is wondering what the hell is going to happen as we see them talking/crying to the police. About five minutes later the police officer comes to the door.

Here's where it went sour. Nobody else in the house was sober and would have been able to talk to the officer reasonably. Being the responsible one and expecting the officer to simply tell me to make sure these drunk girls stay inside, I answered the door. BIG MISTAKE.

As soon as I open the door, he says: "get the other girls out here right now or you're going to jail." The girls hear this from the back room and jump out the window and over the back yard fence because they were drunken idiots. I come back and tell him that I can't find them because they fucking jumped over a fence. So he calls for backup and like 4 police cars roll up and they chase these girls down. They all get sat down in front of the house on the curb and I have to explain to the police officer why these girls were walking around outside drunk and that I had no idea because I had JUST gotten home from work.

Anyway, he hands me a ticket for "furnishing alcohol to a minor," which as I've since learned, was a punishment initially created to punish liquor stores and bars which sell booze to underage kids. It's a considered a serious misdemeanor and comes with a $3000+ fine AND a mandatory court appearance... I asked how it made any fucking sense to give that to me and he said "you assumed responsibility over anything illegal by answering the door."

So I go to court where I'm represented by a public defender because I don't have jack shit for money as a college student. Initially the judge keeps the punishment as is. After the public defender talks to the DA, I get off with an infraction instead of a misdemeanor, a $500 fine, and I have to attend 5 AA meetings and I'm enrolled in the "Youth Offender" program.

The worst part, the girls refused to help out and their parents blamed me even though I had neither bought nor given them any alcohol. It was such fucking bullshit. My buddy pitched in for the fine, but going to AA meetings is a terrible way to spend your Friday nights...



damn... (i cant think of anything more to say....)
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
April 08 2010 21:43 GMT
#16
Cops today are revenue officers. Seriously, fuck them.
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
April 08 2010 21:46 GMT
#17
I once got a ticket to see Twilight: New Moon... It was free though...
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 21:47:11
April 08 2010 21:46 GMT
#18
250 parking ticket for parking on a snow emergency route before any snow even began to fall.


Thanks dc government.




Oh wait also 200 dollars while my car was stolen.


Thanks dc goverment. Youll notice my car is parked illegally but not that its smashed up and stolen.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
April 08 2010 21:48 GMT
#19
Got a $280 ticket for failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Was completely absurd. The cop who pulled me over had been waiting outside a bar to pull over drunk drivers and I guess he was having a slow night. I had a clear view all the way down left side of the street for my right hand turn for probably 20 metres before I hit the intersection. I was probably going 1km/h as I turned. Asshole got me on a technicality when I was exercising 100% safe driving.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
April 08 2010 21:53 GMT
#20
i bet u wish it was a meter maid this time xD. i watch parking wars so often love that show and how much shit a meter maid has to take lol. So harsh <3 meter maid powa!
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings168
SHIN 80
CranKy Ducklings SOOP45
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 330
ByuN 279
OGKoka 274
SHIN 80
MindelVK 20
Railgan 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70786
Calm 10613
Rain 2527
FanTaSy 1251
Bisu 1127
soO 671
Soulkey 625
Shuttle 435
Stork 416
Rush 263
[ Show more ]
Soma 233
firebathero 208
Light 172
Snow 161
Last 148
Mind 87
Pusan 69
ToSsGirL 60
Bale 41
Shinee 39
Killer 35
Trap 33
hero 29
Hm[arnc] 29
Sharp 28
Mong 27
Free 27
Sexy 21
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
zelot 17
Shine 16
HiyA 13
scan(afreeca) 12
sorry 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6904
Dendi235
League of Legends
Reynor98
Counter-Strike
x6flipin532
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
gofns34581
singsing2223
byalli575
B2W.Neo350
Pyrionflax252
ToD46
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 96
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV476
League of Legends
• Jankos3241
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 877
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 10m
OSC
11h 10m
Replay Cast
11h 10m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.